Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Default Seattle Bag Tax

Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
Although I live just outside Seattle, the bag tax issue caught my
attention.

For years, since plastic grocery bags became available, I've used them
(after hauling groceries home in them) as garbage can liners. They work
much better than paper grocery bags (if one must throw out something wet
and sloppy) and most of them are biodegradable (where the plastic trash
bags are not). As a result, I haven't bought plastic trash bags for
years. And that's not just me, but quite a few people I know do the
same.

So, I got thinking: If I had to pay a bag tax, and was eventually
persuaded to bring my own reusable grocery bags, I'd have to start
buying trash bags again. So, I got to wondering: Who stands to gain if
the public shifts from reusing grocery bags to buying trash can liners?

Where do companies like Glad stand on this issue?

--
Paul Hovnanian
-- Etaoin Shrdlu

Interesting, we reuse trash bags and don't use them in the garage
trash. If something will smell just toss it in a grocery bag and put
it in the freezer. Would use reusable canvas bags and all but never
really know how much we will get at the store
Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

"squirltop" wrote in message

Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
[...]

I think it is a common fallacy that biodegradable plastic bags actually
degrade in a landfill. It is my understanding that the anerobic nature of
most modern landfills creates conditions where organics simply do not
biodegrade and the result is that the plastic bag, paper plates and
hamburger will still be there 1000's of years from now.

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Doug Brown wrote:
"squirltop" wrote in message

Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
[...]

The archaeologists are gonna have a lot of fun with us. Some
have already started digging up 20th century landfills.

TDD
Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

squirltop wrote:
Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
[...]

I do that, but now have 7 freezers full of smelly garbage.

There's got to be a better way.

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

In article
,
squirltop wrote:

Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
[...]

Plastic bags are 5c each at the checkout in some chains here. We rarely
bother with them, but occasionally pick up one or two to use as rubbish
bags.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

I wonder how many otherwise servicable items have been
landfilled. Automobiles, shavers, toasters, and maybe the
occasional tommy gun from the prohibition era. Some states
like Arizona are dry enough that the landfills are still
pristine, if some what dessicated.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...
I think it is a common fallacy that biodegradable plastic
bags actually
degrade in a landfill. It is my understanding that the
anerobic nature of
most modern landfills creates conditions where organics
simply do not
biodegrade and the result is that the plastic bag, paper
plates and
hamburger will still be there 1000's of years from now.

The archaeologists are gonna have a lot of fun with us. Some
have already started digging up 20th century landfills.

TDD

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Doug Brown wrote:
I think it is a common fallacy that biodegradable plastic bags
actually degrade in a landfill. It is my understanding that the
anerobic nature of most modern landfills creates conditions where
organics simply do not biodegrade and the result is that the plastic
bag, paper plates and hamburger will still be there 1000's of years
from now.

SOME of it is degrading - there's a market in harvesting Methane from
landfills.

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Bob F wrote:

Interesting, we reuse trash bags and don't use them in the garage
trash. If something will smell just toss it in a grocery bag and put
it in the freezer.

I do that, but now have 7 freezers full of smelly garbage.

There's got to be a better way.

Think: "Be Neighborly!"

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Miche wrote:

Interesting, we reuse trash bags and don't use them in the garage
trash. If something will smell just toss it in a grocery bag and put
it in the freezer. Would use reusable canvas bags and all but never
really know how much we will get at the store

Plastic bags are 5c each at the checkout in some chains here. We
rarely bother with them, but occasionally pick up one or two to use
as rubbish bags.

Saw a Home Depot droid on a morning TV program demonstrating paint
application devices. The only thing I got out of the demo was when he showed
how you could use a Home Depot plastic bag as a seal when putting the lid
back on a paint can.

'Course he pointed out this only worked with HOME DEPOT plastic bags...

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 25, 4:37*am, Miche wrote:
..
Electricians do it in three phases- Hide quoted text -

..
That's shocking!

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 25, 2:14*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

The archaeologists are gonna have a lot of fun with us. Some
have already started digging up 20th century landfills.

Thinking that in future time humans will be mining existing garbage
dumps and 'recovering' the minerals?
Right now enough wood goes to our local dump to heat not only city
hall but many homes at same time.
We are very much a throw-away society!
Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

"squirltop" wrote in message

Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
[...]

The Moonbat Libs tried to pass the "bag tax" here in Maine last year to get
folks to stop using them as well but due to public outcry it was
dropped...They get re-used for EVERYTHING...Couldn't be more green...LOL

As a side note the tax was more about getting for funding for Maine's FAILED
publicly funded healthcare (Dirigo) then it was about being green...FWIW....

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

wrote:

The archaeologists are gonna have a lot of fun with us. Some
have already started digging up 20th century landfills.

Thinking that in future time humans will be mining existing garbage
dumps and 'recovering' the minerals?
Right now enough wood goes to our local dump to heat not only city
hall but many homes at same time.
We are very much a throw-away society!

That is changing....Here in Maine we have 2 large trash incinerators that
burn trash to make power. They are large enough that we import trash....The
stacks have scrubbers and little or no pollution escapes..Several Biomass
(wood chips) Boilers that produce power have started up as well with
scrubber stacks....A local White Pine lumber mill (Robbins Lumber) has a
boiler that burns all the waste (bark , sawdust , ect. ) and produces it's
own power and manages to sell some as well...

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 24, 10:50*pm, squirltop wrote:
Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
[...]

really know how much we will get at the store- Hide quoted text -

Good idea, put those dead squirrels, rabbits and dog turds in the
freezer, maybe some drunk guest will think its a snack and eat it.
Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I wonder how many otherwise servicable items have been
landfilled. Automobiles, shavers, toasters, and maybe the
occasional tommy gun from the prohibition era. Some states
like Arizona are dry enough that the landfills are still
pristine, if some what dessicated.

The Iraqis buried some jet fighters. *snicker*

TDD

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

I heard on the radio, about a year ago. That some place up
north in Canada is separating out disposable diapers. (Would
that be a brown box, at the curb?)

The cellulose can be broken down by intense heat, and makes
a servicable low grade liquid fuel for oil fired boilers.

I'll leave it to others to insert the obligatory potty
jokes.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"stan" wrote in message

Thinking that in future time humans will be mining existing
garbage
dumps and 'recovering' the minerals?
Right now enough wood goes to our local dump to heat not
only city
hall but many homes at same time.
We are very much a throw-away society!

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

That, and tank, so I've heard. And we found no WMD, of
course.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I wonder how many otherwise servicable items have been
landfilled. Automobiles, shavers, toasters, and maybe the
occasional tommy gun from the prohibition era. Some states
like Arizona are dry enough that the landfills are still
pristine, if some what dessicated.

The Iraqis buried some jet fighters. *snicker*

TDD

Posted to seattle.general,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2009 10:09 AM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

That, and tank, so I've heard. And we found no [Iraqi]* WMD, of
course.

That's because there were none.

* I wouldn't have to put this note in if you didn't top-post.

Posted to seattle.general,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

In article , David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 8/25/2009 10:09 AM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

That, and tank, so I've heard. And we found no [Iraqi]* WMD, of
course.

That's not true.

That's because there were none.

That's not true either.

There weren't anywhere nearly as many as we expected, but the amount is
non-zero.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/jan/11/iraq
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/i...aq-sarin_x.htm
Posted to seattle.general,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2009 11:28 AM Doug Miller spake thus:

In article , David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 8/25/2009 10:09 AM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

That, and tank, so I've heard. And we found no [Iraqi]* WMD, of
course.

That's not true.

That's because there were none.

That's not true either.

There weren't anywhere nearly as many as we expected, but the amount is
non-zero.

Well, fair enough: some clarification is called for here. From one of
the articles you posted links to
(http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/jan/11/iraq):

However, the find of a small amount of mortar shells is unlikely to
satisfy a growing chorus of criticism that the much-touted weapons of
mass destruction either never existed or were destroyed years ago. The
Danish team has found only 36 mortar rounds buried in desert about 45
miles from Al Amarah, a southern town. But it added that up to a 100
more could still be hidden at the location. The rounds were in plastic
bags and some were leaking. It seems they had been buried for at least
10 years.

So the salient point here is that those munitions were clearly left over
from the Iran-Iraq war. (Pointed question: please tell us who, exactly,
supplied Saddam Hussein with his chemical weapons for that war?) And of
course, there's no argument that Hussein did use WMDs indiscriminately
against the Iranians during that war.

There were essentially zero weapons of mass destruction found that were
kept for use against invading US (er, "coalition") troops.

Glad we cleared that up.

Posted to seattle.general,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2009 8:45 AM benick spake thus:

That is changing....Here in Maine we have 2 large trash incinerators that
burn trash to make power. They are large enough that we import trash....The
stacks have scrubbers and little or no pollution escapes.

Regarding that last point: Are you sure about this? Who's telling you
that the incinerator produces little or no pollution? Can they be trusted?

Reclaiming resources is definitely a good thing; burning otherwise
reclaimable stuff to make power is an iffy proposition at best.

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
That, and tank, so I've heard. And we found no WMD, of
course.

That's because the things were shipped out one end of Iraq as
American troops came in the other end. Ya know, Insane Hussein
sure bragged a lot about them not to have any. Of course the
WMD's that were found are denied by Liberals. You could set a
leaking cannister of poison gas in the lap of a Democrat and
the damn fool would scream LIAR at you if you told him it was
from Iraq as he fell over dead.

TDD
Posted to seattle.general,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

In article , David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 8/25/2009 11:28 AM Doug Miller spake thus:

In article , David Nebenzahl

wrote:

[...]

Far from being salient, that's totally irrelevant. The important point was
that the cease-fire agreement that suspended hostilities in 1991 required
Iraq to account for, and dispose of under UN supervision, *all* such munitions
in its possession, without regard to when they were produced, what they were
left over from, or any other condition -- and that didn't happen.

(Pointed question: please tell us who, exactly,
supplied Saddam Hussein with his chemical weapons for that war?)

Germany, mostly.

And of
course, there's no argument that Hussein did use WMDs indiscriminately
against the Iranians during that war.

There were essentially zero weapons of mass destruction found that were
kept for use against invading US (er, "coalition") troops.

Yes, I'd agree with that statement. That's not what was widely believed at the
time, though: see http://www.davidstuff.com/political/wmdquotes.htm for an
example of the prevailing sentiment among U.S. political leaders.

Glad we cleared that up.

Me too.

In hindsight, it appears that nearly all of Iraq's vaunted WMD capacity was a
massive bluff by Saddam, to make himself and Iraq appear more powerful and
dangerous than they really were -- most likely, IMHO, primarily to discourage
Iran and perhaps Syria from taking advantage of the weakened condition Iraq
was left in after Desert Storm, and secondarily to impress his own citizens
with the power of the Iraqi state in order to discourage *them* from taking
similar advantage.
Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
So, I got thinking: If I had to pay a bag tax, and was eventually
persuaded to bring my own reusable grocery bags, I'd have to start
buying trash bags again. So, I got to wondering: Who stands to gain if
the public shifts from reusing grocery bags to buying trash can liners?

Where do companies like Glad stand on this issue?

There is no one answer to the bag debate. Step one is to reduce the number
of bags used. Some stores seem to put one item per bag rather that fill
them to capacity. Loaf of bread in one bag, the dozen eggs in another.

We do use re-usable bags and frankly, I prefer them due to the design. They
have a flat bottom and can be filled easily and sit well in the car. Our
store gives a 5¢ credit for each bas used. We paid 99¢ for the bag and will
easily get that back over time.

We do take some items in plastic bags. I use the bags to carry my lunch to
work and bring the empty container home again. It may then be used as a
trash can liner for a third use. It then goes to the trash to energy plant
where it gives off the fuel content of 18,000 Btu per pound converted to
make electricity.

The real problem is when people are careless slobs; bags end up thrown away
outside as litter, trash dumped in the water so the bags float around
causing marine problems. The makers of Glad seem to be responsible energy
users and I'm sure they'd want the consumer to do the same.

Posted to alt.home.repair

(Doug Miller) wrote in
:

In article , David Nebenzahl
wrote:
On 8/25/2009 10:09 AM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

That, and tank, so I've heard. And we found no [Iraqi]* WMD, of
course.

That's not true.

That's because there were none.

That's not true either.

There weren't anywhere nearly as many as we expected, but the amount
is non-zero.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/jan/11/iraq
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/i...d-iraq-sarin_x.
htm

I believe(and Israel does too) that much of the Iraqi WMD materials were
relocated to Syria.

WMD was not all of the reasons for the Iraq invasion.
"progressives" always ignore all the rest of them.

Most importantly,we are now reasonably sure Iraq has no WMD,OR WMD
**programs**,and reasonably certain Iraq is no threat to the US,Europe,or
other ME nations.

Prior to Pres.Bush,Iraq was a threat to the US,Europe,and other ME nations.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 26, 12:21*am, Jim Yanik wrote:
(Doug Miller) wrote :

In article , David Nebenzahl
wrote:
[...]

kua.net- Hide quoted text -

Haven't heard of any 'tax' on s.market bags.
Some s.markets have decided to charge 5 cents each bag; others have
not.
That 5 cents is quite reasonable; 5 cents when buying say $20 of
groceries, is insignificant (one quarter of one percent!)and the bags
very convenient if one is just running in at short notice to pick some
up on way home. Certainly a lot cheaper than driving home burning
gasoline to pick up reusable bags 'shopping bags'.
The newer s.market sold plastic bags are larger and more sturdy that
the older type and we find them more suitable for containing burnable
trash. Very convenient to contain used tissues, slightly damp paper
towels etc. We then tie the top and throw them entirely into wood
stove or burning barrel.
As well we do have concerns about 'reusing' any plastic bag to contain
any food item.
Some of the reusable bags we are now encouraged to purchase and use do
seem capable of being washed and/or aired on the clothes line. But
wouldn't try to put them through the clothes dryer though! Being
generally made of some sort of woven plastic it looks like they might
melt!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/25/2009 7:21 PM Jim Yanik spake thus:

I believe(and Israel does too) that much of the Iraqi WMD materials were
relocated to Syria.

Ah, yes, Israel: that tail that wags the dog of U.S. Middle East foreign
policy.

Posted to seattle.general,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 8/25/2009 10:09 AM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

That, and tank, so I've heard. And we found no [Iraqi]* WMD, of
course.

That's because there were none.

Sadaam Hussein was the WMD.

He's now buried.

Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 8/25/2009 7:21 PM Jim Yanik spake thus:

I believe(and Israel does too) that much of the Iraqi WMD materials
were relocated to Syria.

Ah, yes, Israel: that tail that wags the dog of U.S. Middle East
foreign policy.

We NEED Israel to back us up!

As we speak, there are about 13,000 'lifers' in the IDF plus about 100,000
conscripts undergoing their obligatory three-year tour. So, tonight, there
are about 125,000 soldiers under arms in the Israeli Defense Force.

That number can be increased to 640,000 ground troops, deployed in combat,
on three fronts, in 72 hours with the first quarter-million coming on line
by this time tomorrow.

The U.S. DoD estimates that the IDF can field 18 divisions of infantry and
armor. If so, the combat strength of the IDF is 50% larger than the
authorized ground strength of the United States (10 Army and 2 Marine
divisions).

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The real problem is when people are careless slobs; bags end up
thrown away outside as litter, trash dumped in the water so the bags
float around causing marine problems. The makers of Glad seem to be
responsible energy users and I'm sure they'd want the consumer to do
the same.

I have a solution to the latter, and have written my Congress-critter.

Put the tax-funded FBI fingerprint database online!

Lifting a latent from the bag in my yard wouldn't be hard, and with suitable
software I could probably find the malefactor.

Then I could return his "lost" property. And shoot his goddamn dog.

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On 8/26/2009 6:16 AM HeyBub spake thus:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The real problem is when people are careless slobs; bags end up
thrown away outside as litter, trash dumped in the water so the bags
float around causing marine problems. The makers of Glad seem to be
responsible energy users and I'm sure they'd want the consumer to do
the same.

I have a solution to the latter, and have written my Congress-critter.

Put the tax-funded FBI fingerprint database online!

Lifting a latent from the bag in my yard wouldn't be hard, and with suitable
software I could probably find the malefactor.

Then I could return his "lost" property. And shoot his goddamn dog.

Except that based on the actual performance of such systems (as opposed
to their vaunted reputations and the ridiculous Hollywood depictions of
the inerrancy of all systems law-enforcement related), you'd probably
end up shooting the dog of the poor slob at the supermarket who bagged
the perp's order ...

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

"HeyBub" wrote in message

Put the tax-funded FBI fingerprint database online!

Lifting a latent from the bag in my yard wouldn't be hard, and with
suitable software I could probably find the malefactor.

Then I could return his "lost" property. And shoot his goddamn dog.

Back in the 70's, my brother's house was the last on the block and there was
an empty lot after his property, more open land on the other side of the
street. People would sometimes dump trash on the lot. He'd look for an
address and take the trash back to them late at night. Sans the bags.

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On 8/26/2009 6:31 PM Ed Pawlowski spake thus:

"HeyBub" wrote in message

Put the tax-funded FBI fingerprint database online!

Lifting a latent from the bag in my yard wouldn't be hard, and with
suitable software I could probably find the malefactor.

Then I could return his "lost" property. And shoot his goddamn dog.

Back in the 70's, my brother's house was the last on the block and there was
an empty lot after his property, more open land on the other side of the
street. People would sometimes dump trash on the lot. He'd look for an
address and take the trash back to them late at night. Sans the bags.

I understand and sympathize, as we have the same problem in our
neighborhood: since I'm in a semi-industrial area, people treat our
streets as extension of the city dump. Stuff gets dumped here nearly
every day.

Problem with doing what you described is that most of this crap is stuff
dumped by people hired to get rid of other folks' trash, who no doubt
paid the dumpers under the assumption that they'd dispose of it
properly. These mother****ers are simply saving themselves the expense
of carting the trash to a landfill.

There's a special place reserved in hell for these mofos, I'm convinced.
And I'm still tempted to go out on a stakeout to catch their asses in
the act. If I can ever get a license plate # and a vehicle description,
there's a good chance of the city (Oakland) slapping a $1,000 fine on
their ass.

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

In article m,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

There's a special place reserved in hell for these mofos, I'm convinced.
And I'm still tempted to go out on a stakeout to catch their asses in
the act. If I can ever get a license plate # and a vehicle description,
there's a good chance of the city (Oakland) slapping a $1,000 fine on
their ass.

Interesting. I wonder if you couldn't get one of those cameras that
people use along trails to keep track of deer, etc. Might be lucrative
to you if there is a bounty.

--
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought
of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.
Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On 8/27/2009 11:26 AM Kurt Ullman spake thus:

In article m,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

There's a special place reserved in hell for these mofos, I'm convinced.
And I'm still tempted to go out on a stakeout to catch their asses in
the act. If I can ever get a license plate # and a vehicle description,
there's a good chance of the city (Oakland) slapping a $1,000 fine on
their ass.

Interesting. I wonder if you couldn't get one of those cameras that
people use along trails to keep track of deer, etc. Might be lucrative
to you if there is a bounty.

No bounty, but catching just one of those assholes would be reward
enough. Maybe I should look into those cameras.

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

In article m,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

No bounty, but catching just one of those assholes would be reward
enough. Maybe I should look into those cameras.

And after you get the first couple amid great fanfare, all you;ll
really need is a flash attachment some kind of triggering device. Sorta
like a Pavlovian response (g).

--
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought
of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.
Jimmy Buffett
Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

David Nebenzahl wrote:

There's a special place reserved in hell for these mofos, I'm
convinced. And I'm still tempted to go out on a stakeout to catch
their asses in the act. If I can ever get a license plate # and a
vehicle description, there's a good chance of the city (Oakland)
slapping a $1,000 fine on their ass.

Interesting. I wonder if you couldn't get one of those cameras that
people use along trails to keep track of deer, etc. Might be
lucrative to you if there is a bounty.

No bounty, but catching just one of those assholes would be reward
enough. Maybe I should look into those cameras.

You should love this, then:

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=500&h=375

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On 8/28/2009 11:11 AM HeyBub spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

No bounty, but catching just one of those assholes would be reward
enough. Maybe I should look into those cameras.

You should love this, then:

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=500&h=375

Heh, that ain't nothing.

Around the corner from where I live is a favorite spot for these
assholes to dump ****. I mean just about every day piles of stuff
appear: everything from yard clippings to major appliances to drywall to
tires to you name it.

This same spot has also been the scene of *at least* four separate
incidents where cars were left and torched. I mean brand-new SUVs and
the like, parked and set on fire. Woken by screaming sirens in the
middle of the night, the fire department hosing down the half-melted
carcass of an automobile, plastic and aluminum dripping to the ground,
in a hellish scene of flame and smoke. (Kinda kewl, in a macabre way.)

I understand that this is probably done as part of an insurance scam.

Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

David Nebenzahl wrote:

[...]

Somewhere in North East Alabama, there is a very deep ravine where
numerous cars and trucks would magically appear with a lot of folks
wondering how they got all the way down there. I remember it from
many years ago and I don't think anybody ever tried to recover the
darn things. There is also a very deep reservoir know as Smith Lake
and I know there are a lot of missing things/people? at the bottom.

TDD

TDD