Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Default Seattle Bag Tax

On 8/26/2009 6:16 AM HeyBub spake thus:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The real problem is when people are careless slobs; bags end up
thrown away outside as litter, trash dumped in the water so the bags
float around causing marine problems. The makers of Glad seem to be
responsible energy users and I'm sure they'd want the consumer to do
the same.

I have a solution to the latter, and have written my Congress-critter.

Put the tax-funded FBI fingerprint database online!

Lifting a latent from the bag in my yard wouldn't be hard, and with suitable
software I could probably find the malefactor.

Then I could return his "lost" property. And shoot his goddamn dog.

Except that based on the actual performance of such systems (as opposed
to their vaunted reputations and the ridiculous Hollywood depictions of
the inerrancy of all systems law-enforcement related), you'd probably
end up shooting the dog of the poor slob at the supermarket who bagged
the perp's order ...