Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Default Seattle Bag Tax

On 8/26/2009 6:31 PM Ed Pawlowski spake thus:

"HeyBub" wrote in message

Put the tax-funded FBI fingerprint database online!

Lifting a latent from the bag in my yard wouldn't be hard, and with
suitable software I could probably find the malefactor.

Then I could return his "lost" property. And shoot his goddamn dog.

Back in the 70's, my brother's house was the last on the block and there was
an empty lot after his property, more open land on the other side of the
street. People would sometimes dump trash on the lot. He'd look for an
address and take the trash back to them late at night. Sans the bags.

I understand and sympathize, as we have the same problem in our
neighborhood: since I'm in a semi-industrial area, people treat our
streets as extension of the city dump. Stuff gets dumped here nearly
every day.

Problem with doing what you described is that most of this crap is stuff
dumped by people hired to get rid of other folks' trash, who no doubt
paid the dumpers under the assumption that they'd dispose of it
properly. These mother****ers are simply saving themselves the expense
of carting the trash to a landfill.

There's a special place reserved in hell for these mofos, I'm convinced.
And I'm still tempted to go out on a stakeout to catch their asses in
the act. If I can ever get a license plate # and a vehicle description,
there's a good chance of the city (Oakland) slapping a $1,000 fine on
their ass.