Posted to alt.home.repair
stan stan is offline

Default Seattle Bag Tax

On Aug 26, 12:21*am, Jim Yanik wrote:
(Doug Miller) wrote :

In article , David Nebenzahl
wrote:
On 8/25/2009 10:09 AM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

That, and tank, so I've heard. And we found no [Iraqi]* WMD, of
course.

That's not true.

That's because there were none.

That's not true either.

There weren't anywhere nearly as many as we expected, but the amount
is non-zero.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/jan/11/iraq
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/i...d-iraq-sarin_x.
htm

I believe(and Israel does too) that much of the Iraqi WMD materials were
relocated to Syria.

WMD was not all of the reasons for the Iraq invasion.
"progressives" always ignore all the rest of them.

Most importantly,we are now reasonably sure Iraq has no WMD,OR WMD
**programs**,and reasonably certain Iraq is no threat to the US,Europe,or
other ME nations.

Prior to Pres.Bush,Iraq was a threat to the US,Europe,and other ME nations.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Haven't heard of any 'tax' on s.market bags.
Some s.markets have decided to charge 5 cents each bag; others have
not.
That 5 cents is quite reasonable; 5 cents when buying say $20 of
groceries, is insignificant (one quarter of one percent!)and the bags
very convenient if one is just running in at short notice to pick some
up on way home. Certainly a lot cheaper than driving home burning
gasoline to pick up reusable bags 'shopping bags'.
The newer s.market sold plastic bags are larger and more sturdy that
the older type and we find them more suitable for containing burnable
trash. Very convenient to contain used tissues, slightly damp paper
towels etc. We then tie the top and throw them entirely into wood
stove or burning barrel.
As well we do have concerns about 'reusing' any plastic bag to contain
any food item.
Some of the reusable bags we are now encouraged to purchase and use do
seem capable of being washed and/or aired on the clothes line. But
wouldn't try to put them through the clothes dryer though! Being
generally made of some sort of woven plastic it looks like they might
melt!