Posted to seattle.general,alt.dumpster,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Seattle Bag Tax

"stan" wrote in message
On Aug 25, 2:14 am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

The archaeologists are gonna have a lot of fun with us. Some
have already started digging up 20th century landfills.

Thinking that in future time humans will be mining existing garbage
dumps and 'recovering' the minerals?
Right now enough wood goes to our local dump to heat not only city
hall but many homes at same time.
We are very much a throw-away society!

That is changing....Here in Maine we have 2 large trash incinerators that
burn trash to make power. They are large enough that we import trash....The
stacks have scrubbers and little or no pollution escapes..Several Biomass
(wood chips) Boilers that produce power have started up as well with
scrubber stacks....A local White Pine lumber mill (Robbins Lumber) has a
boiler that burns all the waste (bark , sawdust , ect. ) and produces it's
own power and manages to sell some as well...