Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Minor hit/run damage and State Farm

Went shopping about a week ago. A ziooion cars in front of the bldg.
I parked in the 3rd slot to the side of my super-mkt, where no cars
were. 40 min. later, still no cars, but somebody had banged a
corner of the rear bumper on my '94 Thunderbird.

Dealers estimate is $520 to repair.

State Farm coverage includes (250 ded.) Comprehensive, Collision, and
"Uninsured Motor Vehicle".

State Farm sez my hit/run falls under Collision. Does this sound right?

I've been waiting several days for a call from a SF field-claims
guy ...

The last thing I want to do is **** around with a "State Farm repair"
at a "State Farm shop". I'd like to establish a reasonable cost-
to-repair and have them cut me a check. Is this still done?

I have trouble keeping up with what insurance co's are doing and
not-doing these days.

Thx,
Peetie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:

[...]

In my opinion a $520 repair isn't worth filing a claim for, but since
you contacted your ins. co. you're screwed now anyway and they will
likely raise your rates even if you don't file the claim. This of course
is BS since expected losses are supposed to be factored into the
existing premium, but the govmn't lets them get away with this fraud
since they pay off the politicians. You should have a higher deductible
so that the only claims you consider are those significant enough to be
worthwhile.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:

[...]

Check the spot and see if it is covered by the ever present security
cameras, if it is have your atty. get a copy of the video.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:
... but somebody had banged a
corner of the rear bumper on my '94 Thunderbird.

State Farm sez my hit/run falls under Collision. Does this sound right?

Well, you're claiming somebody hit it; isn't that (however minor) a
"collision"? Yes, it "sounds right"...

I've been waiting several days for a call from a SF field-claims
guy ...

The last thing I want to do is **** around with a "State Farm repair"
at a "State Farm shop". I'd like to establish a reasonable cost-
to-repair and have them cut me a check. Is this still done?

Depends on who you're dealing with, I reckon...most do have field
claims, but surprised they'd dink around for $500; most will simply ask
for 2-3 estimates, take it where you want, they negotiate an agreed on
repair w/ the body shop...

I haven't dealt w/ State Farm for 30 years, however...

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

I also would not pursue a claim for $520, especially with a $250
deductible. If you don't follow through and actually file, then they

Finding out if the store has a security camera is an excellent idea.
You also should have reported it to the police and gotten a copy of
their report. If the store has a camera, you might get lucky and be
able to identify the license plate number of the car and then be able
to recover from the other party.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 17, 10:57*am, Peetie Wheatstraw
wrote:
[...]

Likely a video exists of the acident, call all the stores surounding
the lot and see if you can go review them, BTW, 250 wasnt worth filing
a claim for, usualy a 1000.00 deductable is normal, and your rates
would be alot less. If t was me id not claim, just drop it and see if
you can find the other guy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I didn't want to overburden y'all with unnecessary details, but ...

When I found the car damaged, there was a guy on the lot that said
he saw a red cab near my car. I got a police report: a nice cop
reviewed the security tape, saw the red cab, was unable to get
the license #. No evidence the cab impacted my car, just that it
was in the same area. Revolving camera: cab probably hit my
car while the cam was looking the other way.

So, it is a *documented* hit/run. I was not at fault. State Farm
has the police rept #.

Remember the Firestone tire recall on Ford Explorers some years ago?
Around 2003, the Firestone on my Tbird peeled a tread while I was
passing an 18-wheeler on the hiway. Tripped the idiot Ford inertia
switch (which has never worked right), near got me killed. State Farm
send a field claim guy, cut me a check, took the defective tire,
placed a claim against Garbage-Firestone, and *did* *not* raise
my rates. "A professional claim settlement." But that was 5 years
ago.

As for not filing a claim, why am I carrying/paying-for insurance?
I've no "at-fault" claims in 10+ years, my annual premiums are
about $450. Would it really be that much cheaper with $1k deductable?
Note that book-value on '94 Tbird (which means nothing to me
personally) is maybe $2200.

Maybe I ought to drop Comp/Collision, save a $, I dunno.

Peetie

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:57:52 -0500, Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:
So, it is a *documented* hit/run. I was not at fault. State Farm
has the police rept #.

Excepting it's lacking the one critical thing--actual evidence the
purported perpetrator actually did the deed.

Follow up w/ State Farm and get on w/ life...what can any of us here
tell you that's going to do any good whatsoever since you have the tape
and it's not conclusive--the cabbie can claim he was close but never hit
it and unless you can find him and match paint samples or get hard
evidence in some other way all you have is "looks like could have"
footage. How can you actually prove the damage wasn't pre-existing that
time?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 17, 1:24*pm, dpb wrote:

You also should have reported it to the police and gotten a copy of
their report. *...

Most places, parking lots are private property and police don't care and
won't file reports on anything less than personal injury...

Maybe where you live, but here in NJ, if a hit and run occurs in a
private parking lot, the police not only will respond and make a
report, they will pursue it, if possible. Former disgraced US
Senator Toricelli was tracked, found and convicted of doing exactly
what happened here. He backed into a parked car in a bank parking
lot and drove off. The police tracked the license plate and his was
convicted of leaving the scene of an accident.

Security idea isn't a bad one as possibly could identify culprit and
pursue them directly for full restitution (via small claims court if
they wouldn't ante up simply being confronted w/ the evidence of
culpability assuming were able to do so)...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 17, 12:42*pm, Peetie Wheatstraw
wrote:
[...]

*Peetie- Hide quoted text -

Insurance is for the big stuff, go ahead and file, dont be suprised if
you are dropped from the 2 claims.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 13:03:04 -0500, dpb wrote:

Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:
So, it is a *documented* hit/run. I was not at fault. State Farm
has the police rept #.

Excepting it's lacking the one critical thing--actual evidence the
purported perpetrator actually did the deed.

Follow up w/ State Farm and get on w/ life...what can any of us here
tell you that's going to do any good whatsoever since you have the tape
and it's not conclusive--the cabbie can claim he was close but never hit
it and unless you can find him and match paint samples or get hard
evidence in some other way all you have is "looks like could have"
footage. How can you actually prove the damage wasn't pre-existing that
time?

I can't. But the claim is not being decided in a court of law under
strict rules of evidence, etc.

No "at-fault" claims for 10+ years and you think they'd assume I
was perpetrating fraud for a $270 claim? Sheeesh!

Some ins. co's might record it as "at-fault" automatically, I suppose.
I called the agent: he said it should be "no problem" == no rate hike.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Peetie Dot Wheatstraw at Gmail Dot Com wrote:

Went shopping about a week ago. A ziooion cars in front of the bldg.
I parked in the 3rd slot to the side of my super-mkt, where no cars
were. 40 min. later, still no cars, but somebody had banged a
corner of the rear bumper on my '94 Thunderbird.

Dealers estimate is $520 to repair.

State Farm coverage includes (250 ded.) Comprehensive, Collision, and
"Uninsured Motor Vehicle".

State Farm sez my hit/run falls under Collision. Does this sound right?

No.

Collision insurance pays for damage to your car in an accident that was your
fault -- obviously not the case here. I'm not sure whether this falls under
comp or uninsured-motorist, but it's definitely *not* collision.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pete C. wrote:
Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:
[...]

Unlike on television, few people in the real world HAVE an attorney, and
it certainly isn't worth hiring one for a $520 hit'n'run. I went through
the same thing in the apartments I used to live in- some pickup truck
(judging by the damage), caved in the rear corner of my Honda Accord,
and fled. (Assuming he even noticed- 2500 pound accord vs. 7000 pound
4x4, he might not have felt it.) I called the cops to do a phone
report, just to get a report number for the insurance. They wouldn't
even do that for a private-property accident. (apparently the strip down
the middle is street, but the parking slots aren't, or some such
nonsense.) I called up my insurance company, and they let me file a
claim anyway. It was over a thousand bucks- car isn't perfect, but you
have to look close to tell, and it still drives okay. If it had been
$500, I would have eaten it.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 17, 4:45*pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , Peetie Dot Wheatstraw at Gmail Dot Com wrote:

Went shopping about a week ago. A ziooion cars in front of the bldg.
I parked in the 3rd slot to the side of my super-mkt, where no cars
were. 40 min. later, still no cars, but somebody had banged a
corner of the rear bumper on my '94 Thunderbird.

Dealers estimate is $520 to repair.

State Farm coverage includes (250 ded.) Comprehensive, Collision, and
"Uninsured Motor Vehicle".

State Farm sez my hit/run falls under Collision. Does this sound right?

No.

Collision insurance pays for damage to your car in an accident that was your
fault -- obviously not the case here. I'm not sure whether this falls under
comp or uninsured-motorist, but it's definitely *not* collision.

This is incorrect. Collision insurance is precisely there to pay
for repair of the covered vehicle, regardless of who is at fault. If
another party is at fault and can be located, then your insurance
company can go after them to recover, but their first reponsibility is
to pay for repair of the covered vehicle following a collision,
withour regard to who is at fault. That's why it's required for an
auto that is financed. The party providing the financing wants to
know that the car will be paid for if hit and damaged, regardless of
who is at fault, whether the other party has insurance, can be
located, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:
[...]

No, I was talking about the route of trying to track the perp down and
going the court route -- you would then have to have at least sufficient
evidence to be convincing even if you could find the bum...

My recommendation in the beginning was "follow up w/ SF and get on..."
if you recall. Which, I see, you did w/ the results I expected.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pete C. wrote:
Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:
[...]

Sounds like you haven't been involved with attorneys in a long time. It
would be $500 just to fire a letter or two back and forth if you could
find someone willing to do it who wasn't looking for the next class
action or chasing ambulances.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default -google_groups- Minor hit/run damage and State Farm

wrote:
On Jul 17, 12:34 pm, dpb wrote:
Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:

[...]

Seriously, most police would first ask if anyone was hurt (they are
required to get involved) and the amount of the damages. When the OP
said no and $520 that would say turn it into your insurance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

George wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:
[...]

Around six years ago or so.

It
would be $500 just to fire a letter or two back and forth if you could
find someone willing to do it who wasn't looking for the next class
action or chasing ambulances.

Mine only charged me about $500 to ride shotgun over an insurance
company provided atty. who I obviously didn't trust even though they
were supposed to be on my side. My atty. even attended a couple meetings
at that price. As they say, it's the 95% of them that give the other 5%
a bad name, the trick is to find one of those 5%...

Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:
[...]

I do, or at least I did before I moved halfway across the country.

, and
it certainly isn't worth hiring one for a $520 hit'n'run.

Nor is an insurance claim generally.

I went through
the same thing in the apartments I used to live in- some pickup truck
(judging by the damage), caved in the rear corner of my Honda Accord,
and fled. (Assuming he even noticed- 2500 pound accord vs. 7000 pound
4x4, he might not have felt it.)

Having one of those 7,000# truck, I can confirm that you can indeed
flatten stuff (like a shopping cart) without even noticing unless you
happen to have the window open and hear it.

I called the cops to do a phone
report, just to get a report number for the insurance. They wouldn't
even do that for a private-property accident. (apparently the strip down
the middle is street, but the parking slots aren't, or some such
nonsense.)

Makes you wonder what we pay their salaries for, doesn't it?

I called up my insurance company, and they let me file a
claim anyway. It was over a thousand bucks- car isn't perfect, but you
have to look close to tell, and it still drives okay. If it had been
$500, I would have eaten it.

Yep, you just need to figure your threshold cost, as well as how much
you care about the damage. For my truck, it's function over cosmetics,
so while I try to keep the truck in decent shape, I don't worry about
much in the back half.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 17, 6:22*pm, George wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 17, 12:34 pm, dpb wrote:
Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:

[...]

said no and $520 that would say turn it into your insurance.- Hide quoted text -

Again, I don't know where you live, but clearly here in NJ, if you
call the local police about a hit and run in a parking lot they will
respond and give you a report. And that report could be crucial in
collecting from your insurance company, because it supports your claim
as to when and where it happened and that it was in fact a collision
as opposed to some other type of damage, which might not be covered.
This is simple, the cop just writes up a report about what you stated,
what any witnesses may have said, and what he observed.

If you later go after someone who you have some proof did it and take
them to court, which could be small claims, you can be damn sure the
judge is going to ask to see the police report. In this case the OP
did call the police, they responded and gave him a report. So, it's
not true that most police won't respond and foolish for anyone to not
call them in a case like this.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:
[...]

I'd also find out what the difference in insurance pemium is for a
$1000 deductible vs $250. In most cases it's enough that it makes
sense to take the higher deductible. That way you don't have to
report $500 claims and go through a lot of hassle that could raise
your rates. But with $450 premium, maybe it doesn't make sense.
That rate is one folks here in NJ would love to have. Even with an
excellent record and no accidents, it's hard to get a policy for 2X
that here, even with a high deductible.
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 7/17/2008 11:57 AM Peetie Wheatstraw said the following:
Went shopping about a week ago. A ziooion cars in front of the bldg.
I parked in the 3rd slot to the side of my super-mkt, where no cars
were. 40 min. later, still no cars, but somebody had banged a
corner of the rear bumper on my '94 Thunderbird.

The 94 TBird does not have a bumper, it has a rubber valance, backed by
some steel framing. What does this damage consist of? Paint scrapes?
Take it to a vehicle detailer, one of those guys that touch up minor
damage and wear for used car dealers. The price will probably be 1/3rd
the cost of replacing and painting the valance.

Dealers estimate is $520 to repair.

State Farm coverage includes (250 ded.) Comprehensive, Collision, and
"Uninsured Motor Vehicle".

State Farm sez my hit/run falls under Collision. Does this sound right?

I've been waiting several days for a call from a SF field-claims
guy ...

The last thing I want to do is **** around with a "State Farm repair"
at a "State Farm shop". I'd like to establish a reasonable cost-
to-repair and have them cut me a check. Is this still done?

I have trouble keeping up with what insurance co's are doing and
not-doing these days.

Thx,
Peetie

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, and then send the video to the FBI's Video Enhancement Unit to
have the 100 times, or more, re-recorded video cleaned up.
They'll be glad to spend thousands of $$ to find out who caused $500
worth of damage to a parked vehicle.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you'd have skipped the collision coverage altogether you'd have an
extra 500 a year in your pocket.. Why would anyone buy collision
coverage on a '94 T-bird.. Are you on crack..?

Now you want to go through all this nonsense to basically get (a
fraction of) 'your' money back...??

The rule of thumb is if the collision premium is 10% or more of the KBB
value of the vehicle you should self insure for collision. I'd call and
ask SF what they'd give you in the event of a total loss.
I doubt it'd be much...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charles Pisano" wrote in message
If you'd have skipped the collision coverage altogether you'd have an
extra 500 a year in your pocket.. Why would anyone buy collision
coverage on a '94 T-bird.. Are you on crack..?

Now you want to go through all this nonsense to basically get (a
fraction of) 'your' money back...??

The rule of thumb is if the collision premium is 10% or more of the KBB
value of the vehicle you should self insure for collision. I'd call and
ask SF what they'd give you in the event of a total loss.
I doubt it'd be much...

IF he is paying $500 a year you are correct. I pay $545 to cover my '07 car
with a book value over $20,000. I'm paying $264 for an '01 that will get
me about $8000 if totaled. I can't find the old policy, but I kept the
collision on my '91 because it was little more than beer money and would get
me $1200 after the deductible if totaled. Given the cost of repairs, it
does not take much to total an older car.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Finally got their field-claims guy over here. Estimated damage at
$626, cut a check for 376.

You'd think their field guys would estimate at-or-below the dealer's
body shop ($520 in this instance): not necessarily the case,
'specially with nickel/dimers.

There's a lot of "don't file a claim"-type paranoia out there. Some
of it is justified, and some is not.

Cheers,
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

just dropped sf for aig. 7/08. saved $200/year on 2 cars.

i havent filed a claim in over 15 years. seemed pointless to pay higher
premiums.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:

Finally got their field-claims guy over here. Estimated damage at
$626, cut a check for 376.

You'd think their field guys would estimate at-or-below the dealer's
body shop ($520 in this instance): not necessarily the case,
'specially with nickel/dimers.

There's a lot of "don't file a claim"-type paranoia out there. Some
of it is justified, and some is not.

Cheers,
Peetie

It's worthwhile to ask your insurance company about their rate increase
guidelines. Often a single claim won't trigger an increase, but a second
one will. So next year if you have a $3500 claim, the $376 you just got
could get eaten up in a hurry. That's one reason many people choose to
pay for smaller repairs out of pocket.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:
Finally got their field-claims guy over here. Estimated damage at
$626, cut a check for 376.

You'd think their field guys would estimate at-or-below the dealer's
body shop ($520 in this instance): not necessarily the case,
'specially with nickel/dimers.

There's a lot of "don't file a claim"-type paranoia out there. Some
of it is justified, and some is not.

Cheers,
Peetie

Not sure I would declare victory yet. Still time for the "Dear Friend"
letter telling you that your outrageous behavior of filing a claim must
be answered with a rate increase.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:53:56 GMT, "ythread" wrote:

just dropped sf for aig. 7/08. saved $200/year on 2 cars.

I've been pitching aig mail flyers in the trash for years. Just
like geico's.

i havent filed a claim in over 15 years. seemed pointless to pay higher
premiums.

If you wanna run down coverage/premiums, etc, I'll listen.

If you have evidence that aig provides good service, I'll listen.

If not, you haven't told me anything.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:
Went shopping about a week ago. A ziooion cars in front of the bldg.
I parked in the 3rd slot to the side of my super-mkt, where no cars
were. 40 min. later, still no cars, but somebody had banged a
corner of the rear bumper on my '94 Thunderbird.

Dealers estimate is $520 to repair.

State Farm coverage includes (250 ded.) Comprehensive, Collision, and
"Uninsured Motor Vehicle".

State Farm sez my hit/run falls under Collision. Does this sound right?

Yes, that is correct. "Uninsured Motorist" covers bodily injury stuff only.

I've been waiting several days for a call from a SF field-claims
guy ...

The last thing I want to do is **** around with a "State Farm repair"
at a "State Farm shop". I'd like to establish a reasonable cost-
to-repair and have them cut me a check. Is this still done?

I don't know about other places, but in Cawlifornia you have the right
to take your car to a repair place of YOUR choice.

I have trouble keeping up with what insurance co's are doing and
not-doing these days.

Thx,
Peetie

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:53:56 GMT, "ythread" wrote:

just dropped sf for aig. 7/08. saved $200/year on 2 cars.

I've been pitching aig mail flyers in the trash for years. Just
like geico's.

i havent filed a claim in over 15 years. seemed pointless to pay higher
premiums.

If you wanna run down coverage/premiums, etc, I'll listen.

If you have evidence that aig provides good service, I'll listen.

If not, you haven't told me anything.

You have to do your own comparisons when it comes to auto insurance.
Different companies cater to different demographics. My best deal is not
likely to be your best deal.

What I've noticed about State Farm around here is that if you have a
spotless 15-yr. driving record, their rates are about the best you can
get. If not, they're among the highest.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Steve wrote:
Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:
Went shopping about a week ago. A ziooion cars in front of the bldg.
I parked in the 3rd slot to the side of my super-mkt, where no cars
were. 40 min. later, still no cars, but somebody had banged a
corner of the rear bumper on my '94 Thunderbird.

Dealers estimate is $520 to repair.

State Farm coverage includes (250 ded.) Comprehensive, Collision, and
"Uninsured Motor Vehicle".

State Farm sez my hit/run falls under Collision. Does this sound right?

Yes, that is correct. "Uninsured Motorist" covers bodily injury stuff only.

No, it's not correct. Collision covers damage to the insured's car in an
accident that was the insured's fault.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Peetie Wheatstraw" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:53:56 GMT, "ythread" wrote:

just dropped sf for aig. 7/08. saved $200/year on 2 cars.

I've been pitching aig mail flyers in the trash for years. Just
like geico's.

i havent filed a claim in over 15 years. seemed pointless to pay higher
premiums.

If you wanna run down coverage/premiums, etc, I'll listen.

If you have evidence that aig provides good service, I'll listen.

If not, you haven't told me anything.

aig is probably as bad as sf. my point is i'm retired and drive less than 1k
per year. i'll take the extra $ and put it in the bank.

coverage, on paper, was the same.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 11:10:48 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:53:56 GMT, "ythread" wrote:

just dropped sf for aig. 7/08. saved $200/year on 2 cars.

I've been pitching aig mail flyers in the trash for years. Just
like geico's.

i havent filed a claim in over 15 years. seemed pointless to pay higher
premiums.

If you wanna run down coverage/premiums, etc, I'll listen.

If you have evidence that aig provides good service, I'll listen.

If not, you haven't told me anything.

You have to do your own comparisons when it comes to auto insurance.
Different companies cater to different demographics. My best deal is not
likely to be your best deal.

Yeah, but there are some gen'l indications floating around ...

What I've noticed about State Farm around here is that if you have a
spotless 15-yr. driving record, their rates are about the best you can
get. If not, they're among the highest.

That's a general indication. Thank you.

I am in midwest US. Relate your region if you are comfy with such.

Peetie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 18:16:08 GMT, "ythread" wrote:

"Peetie Wheatstraw" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:53:56 GMT, "ythread" wrote:

just dropped sf for aig. 7/08. saved $200/year on 2 cars.

I've been pitching aig mail flyers in the trash for years. Just
like geico's.

i havent filed a claim in over 15 years. seemed pointless to pay higher
premiums.

If you wanna run down coverage/premiums, etc, I'll listen.

If you have evidence that aig provides good service, I'll listen.

If not, you haven't told me anything.

aig is probably as bad as sf. my point is i'm retired and drive less than 1k
per year. i'll take the extra $ and put it in the bank.

I got no problem with that. But I haven't had any problems with sf. Only
2 small "not-at-fault" claims in 10 years, but, when I approached 'em very
carefully implicitly asking for something reasonable, they responded
with something reasonable.

I don't like ins. co's. There are all manner of ins. co's out there
(including sf) that are playing all manner of games with their
customers. Maybe even worse with health ins (seen Sicko?). The less
games an ins. co. is playing, the more I find 'em tolerable.

coverage, on paper, was the same.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Peetie Wheatstraw" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 18:16:08 GMT, "ythread" wrote:

"Peetie Wheatstraw" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I just finished dumping sf for auto and home. My new homemoaner's policy
(safeco) is half what I paid to sf. Those *******s. I'd been with them since
I was 23 and only filed one claim when I was burglarized. They paid up but
they made me feel like I was the criminal.

Don't ever file a homeowner's claim because when you go to look for a new
policy that is the first question they ask: "Have you filed a claim in the
past X years?"

The guy who helped me:
https://www01.answerfinancial.com/ho...ail&reset=true
get my new policies said the driving forces in determining your premiums is
your credit rating and the # of claims you file. Fortunately for me I was OK
on both: No claims in a gazillion years and good credit.

It sounds like you have a healthy distrust of ins co's. Good because they
don't trust us much either.

The following is a rant so feel free to avoid:

No I haven't seen "Sicko"? I retired comfortably at 51 from the health care
industry so I can't complain. I do find it odd that Americans are the most
obese and out of shape people on the planet and then have the gall complain
about not having good healthcare. My wife works in an emergency room and
many of the uninsured are homeless drug addicts "seeking". Michael Moore is
a fat idiot. BTW: I voted *against* Bush in the last 2 elections so it has
nothing to do with that. If anything, Michael Moore helped Bush get elected
with that other idiotic movie of his.

A much better movie is http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390521/ . This is where
America's real heathcare problem lies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ythread" wrote in message

[...]

.....and then have the gall *to*complain about.....

Animal Farm Lucern Woodworking 1 December 6th 07 06:51 PM
State Farm HO Ins. in midwest US Puddin' Man Home Repair 27 August 21st 07 12:01 AM
State Farm Insurance vs knob & tube wiring RBM Home Repair 28 December 7th 06 12:44 AM
Farm Program Pays $1.3 Billion to People Who Don't Farm AK Home Ownership 5 July 3rd 06 01:22 PM
repairing minor damage to car door dave @ stejonda UK diy 20 March 27th 05 04:54 PM