Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Minor hit/run damage and State Farm

In article , Peetie Dot Wheatstraw at Gmail Dot Com wrote:

Went shopping about a week ago. A ziooion cars in front of the bldg.
I parked in the 3rd slot to the side of my super-mkt, where no cars
were. 40 min. later, still no cars, but somebody had banged a
corner of the rear bumper on my '94 Thunderbird.

Dealers estimate is $520 to repair.

State Farm coverage includes (250 ded.) Comprehensive, Collision, and
"Uninsured Motor Vehicle".

State Farm sez my hit/run falls under Collision. Does this sound right?

No.

Collision insurance pays for damage to your car in an accident that was your
fault -- obviously not the case here. I'm not sure whether this falls under
comp or uninsured-motorist, but it's definitely *not* collision.