Posted to alt.home.repair
ythread ythread is offline

Default Minor hit/run damage and State Farm

"Peetie Wheatstraw" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 18:16:08 GMT, "ythread" wrote:

"Peetie Wheatstraw" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:53:56 GMT, "ythread" wrote:

just dropped sf for aig. 7/08. saved $200/year on 2 cars.

I've been pitching aig mail flyers in the trash for years. Just
like geico's.

i havent filed a claim in over 15 years. seemed pointless to pay higher
premiums.

If you wanna run down coverage/premiums, etc, I'll listen.

If you have evidence that aig provides good service, I'll listen.

If not, you haven't told me anything.

aig is probably as bad as sf. my point is i'm retired and drive less than
1k
per year. i'll take the extra $ and put it in the bank.

I got no problem with that. But I haven't had any problems with sf. Only
2 small "not-at-fault" claims in 10 years, but, when I approached 'em very
carefully implicitly asking for something reasonable, they responded
with something reasonable.

I don't like ins. co's. There are all manner of ins. co's out there
(including sf) that are playing all manner of games with their
customers. Maybe even worse with health ins (seen Sicko?). The less
games an ins. co. is playing, the more I find 'em tolerable.

coverage, on paper, was the same.

I just finished dumping sf for auto and home. My new homemoaner's policy
(safeco) is half what I paid to sf. Those *******s. I'd been with them since
I was 23 and only filed one claim when I was burglarized. They paid up but
they made me feel like I was the criminal.

Don't ever file a homeowner's claim because when you go to look for a new
policy that is the first question they ask: "Have you filed a claim in the
past X years?"

The guy who helped me:
https://www01.answerfinancial.com/ho...ail&reset=true
get my new policies said the driving forces in determining your premiums is
your credit rating and the # of claims you file. Fortunately for me I was OK
on both: No claims in a gazillion years and good credit.

It sounds like you have a healthy distrust of ins co's. Good because they
don't trust us much either.

The following is a rant so feel free to avoid:

No I haven't seen "Sicko"? I retired comfortably at 51 from the health care
industry so I can't complain. I do find it odd that Americans are the most
obese and out of shape people on the planet and then have the gall complain
about not having good healthcare. My wife works in an emergency room and
many of the uninsured are homeless drug addicts "seeking". Michael Moore is
a fat idiot. BTW: I voted *against* Bush in the last 2 elections so it has
nothing to do with that. If anything, Michael Moore helped Bush get elected
with that other idiotic movie of his.

A much better movie is http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390521/ . This is where
America's real heathcare problem lies.