Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

Default PHOTOS FROM INSIDE IRAN

On Sep 19, 4:28 am, "Paul M. Cook" wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

ps.com...

On Sep 19, 1:07 am, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

roups.com...

On Sep 18, 9:07 pm, Zaphod Beeblebrox
wrote:
Disculpa Senora trijcomm, pero did you really mime the following on
9/18/2007 9:59 PM???

On Sep 18, 5:19 pm, "Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote

http://www.lucasgray.com/video/peacetrain.html
Bout time the Iranian people spoke to the idiots in their
government then.
The problem in Iran isn't so much the government as it is the
clerical
class.
Ahmadenijad has very little power in Iran, but the
Ayatollah's
trump
even him.
A while back there was a British journalist who went into
Tehran
and it
was a bit disconcerting to me. It was one of those never
think
about it
issues but it's a modern city.
More to the point, the sentiment among the people is
changing.
The
Ayatollah's don't hold much power over the youth in the
country.
So we
could see change sooner than later.
Iranians hate the Shah but miss the lifestyle they had under
him.
The people want a situation more like Turkey.
--Tedward- Hide quoted text -
And so they went out and elected who they did as their
president.
think your statements here are more wishful thinking and hoping
than
anything else -- much like the German sympathizers before WWII.
Do you know a anything about Iran? You probably think they are
Arabs too.
Public support for reform is strong -- see the previous
president
who served two terms and was very popular, especially among the
women and youth. You might as well claim America is a bible
thumping nation just because we elected Reagan and the Bush
clan.
Or you could read National Geographic's last article on the
place.
There is a significant Islamic law faction, but it isn't so much
anti-West as anti-Israel and anti-America. Unfortunately they
got enough power to keep it -- they started keeping reformists
from running for office in 1994.
--Tedward- Hide quoted text -
So you spout off all this misnnformation about Iran and then dare
declare,
Feel to point some out.

"Do you know anything about Iran?" Your statement about "see
the previous president" to prove your point is extremely weak,
since
they went ahead and elected an anti-Jewish Hitler who wants to
destroy
Jews and is doing everything he can to get the job done. Oh, I'm
sure
public reform is strong -- up in the hills and mountains where
they
run and hide so they can wear their hair the way they want to.
Let's
be clear -- wearing hair in an "anti-Islamic manner" is far, far
from
"reform." We are talking institutionalized hate here that is
bound
and
determined to manifest itself by the destruction of an entire
state
and its supporters. Your arguments are Larouchian.
Just because some Iranians want to wipe out Israel has nothing
to do with my original assertion:

"Iranians hate the Shah but miss the lifestyle they had under him.
The people want a situation more like Turkey."

Btw, you don't sound any better than Iran's president.

--Tedward- Hide quoted text -

You are sadly, sadly mistaken. These people got what they want. You
don't seem to understand the culture of the Iranians.

Just out of curiosity, how many Iranians have you actually met or
spoken
to? And please enlighten us - what exactly is this "culture of the
Iranians" that you refer to?

--
I'm so hip I have trouble seeing over my pelvis.
I'm so cool you can keep a side of meat in me for months.- Hide

As a matter of fact, I have spoken to several who were fortunate
enough to get out of Dodge. As for the culture, I don't think the West
has any idea of how important religion is to the Muslim world because
the West sees it in a very, very minor role in their lives. Thing is,
religion is the biggest thing in the lives of Muslims such as the
Iranians. They may walk around with the haircuts, music and watch
movies, but they are bowing to Mecca five times a day. Until you can
grasp the importance of religion in the lives of Iran today and until
you can understand how it is THE overwhelming force in Iran, then you
have no idea of what you are talking about. The Iranians don't see
life as the West sees it. You just don't understand why the Iranians
go ballistic when somebody draws a caricature of Mohammad, or how they
stone people for committing adultery, or how they would kill any
Muslim who converts to Christianity. Until you understand that, you
are lost.

You know the bible calls for the death of people who eat shellfish,
right.
It also calls for the death of a woman who prepares food during her
period.
It allows you to sell you daughter and you can even sleep with her if
your
wife won't put out. How about the part where working on a Sunday is a
crime
punishable by death? How about a lot of things the Bible demands and
nobody
does? You think you'd like living under Biblical "law?" Guess again.

Great porn in the Bible. Well I should say erotica. You know, the stuff
you've been told is a sin? Even between a married couple? I mean that
Solomon stuff - whew! I am getting the vapors just thinking about it.

Honey ??????????????? You awake?

Paul- Hide quoted text -

Hmm ... weren't you the one who asked me to research what the Koran
said about the Jews? Now you are taking a completely different tact.
Fact is, like I said before, Iranian Muslims take their religion
seriously. Connect the dots.

Nope, completely the same. You have 2 standards. One for you, the rest for
Iran. You simply have no idea what you are saying. You act like you are
coming from a position of superiority but what you are proposing is nothing
less than genocide to support the belief that Jesus will not return until
Israel dominates the Middle East. At that point Armageddon will be waged
and Jesus will call the faithful home via the rapture. It is calld he "end
times" philosophy and it is hat you are discussing.

The funny thing is, you don't even know this is what you are saying. And I
don't mean funny as in ha ha.

Paul- Hide quoted text -

Umm, there's one big difference. Christians silently wait for their
version to happen. Iran is trying to force it and in the process kill
millions of people. You seem to be a sandwich short of a picnic basket
in just about every meal you offer up in this forum.

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

On Sep 19, 9:42 am, T wrote:
In article , LongRodSilver
says...

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 21:10:50 -0400, T
wrote:

In article om,
says...
On Sep 18, 7:04 pm, T wrote:

We may have freedom of religion in the U.S. but it's the freedom FROM
religion that has me more concerned.

Yea. Them Lutherans always screamin' CONVERT OR DIE! while the
streets run red with blood.

-Tom Enright

You missed the point. Government funding of faith based initiatives is
wrong and should never have been allowed to happen.

So the Government should never have rebuilt those black churches that
the ministers burnt down? They shouldn't be building places for
muslims to pray, and giving tax write offs to mosques either?

Why is it when someone complains about religion.. what they are
really referring to is CHRISTIANITY.. not islam, judaism,
buddhist..anything else???

Because by and large, it's Christians that try to tell me how I should
live my life. Why don't they just crawl back into the woodwork where
they belong.- Hide quoted text -

Another hater.

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:31:53 -0400, T
wrote:

Or drug dealing idiots that stand on the corner pushing **** to
kids.. while collecting from the gubmint..

Please cite a case where this is proven. In most cases the drug dealers
I've run across have been denied benefits and so deal to support
themselves.

Most low level drug dealers who are not supporting thier kids.
Unless you think that people who sell **** to kids, are concerned
about kids.
Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

On Sep 18, 9:04 pm, T wrote:
..
We may have freedom of religion in the U.S. but it's the freedom FROM
religion that has me more concerned.

..
Writing from a good neighbour country to your north; it is very
encouraging to read that remark.

At least some (one anyway) of you are thinking?

It is IS the arrogant crusading, hymn singing (lip synching) so called
Christian right that really worries! Some seem to think that if you've
got the biggest bomb you will have the most influence!

So while we can rant about about the extremes and undeniable
inequalities and lack of freedoms in many other countries we have no
right to 'impose' our views on them. Trying to do so merely builds up
more hatreds of 'The West'.

People in those countries like the 'Western style' of living well
enough and adopt it very fully, where/when they can afford it. Often
not understanding that along with such an affluent and comfortable
life-style comes taxes, responsibilities and duties to the rest of
your community and to other individuals to make that life style work.

But they will learn; same as our societies have, painfully, during the
last few hundred to a 1000 years done away with 'Witchcraft trials' ,
compulsory religious education (Cos. which one is right anyway. Any of
them?). Painting ourselves with blue woad, carrying swords and
shields, telling people how to dress, how to sing, what they can read
etc.

Glad to see the comment.

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 05:57:37 GMT, "Paul M. Cook"
The percentage of people in this country that do not believe the Holocaust
happened is about 35%. That means we are talking about 105 million people.
Iran has a population of 71 million and I wager most of them are not
deniers.

Paul could give me the source for this statement. I think that 35% is
extremely inflated.

Thailand tsunami - US 15 million dollars in relief money. What was needed
was 2 billion dollars. Where did it come from? Not the US.

Paul

If I remember correctly it was 15 mil from the government, and about
100 mil from the citizens.
And how much came from other countries, and the sources of your
claims, please

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback! wrote:

Thailand tsunami - US 15 million dollars in relief money. What was
needed was 2 billion dollars. Where did it come from? Not the US.

Some sort of proof of these numbers you keep pulling out of your ass
would be just peachy.

Initially, the US contributed $350 million in immediate relief effort. As of
Jan 2005, the President requested an additional $950 million ($1.3 billion
total).

Private-sector donations, mostly from the U.S., are estimated at $700
million.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/tsunami/

At least one of his numbers was correct ($2 billion). All from the U.S.

This does not include the operating expenses and salaries of 16,000 military
personnel, 26 ships, and 101 aircraft deployed in the immediate aftermath,
inasmuch as these fixed costs are otherwise allocated in the federal budget.

His other number, 35% Holocaust deniers, is similarily flawed:

"A January 1994 Gallup Poll found that a much lower percentage,
approximately 4 percent, of those it surveyed "have real doubts about the
Holocaust..." This 4% is roughly compatible with crop-circle devotees.

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"trijcomm" wrote in message
ups.com...

And so they went out and elected who they did as their president.

Now there's an indictment.

Bob

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

Paul M. Cook wrote:

What else does the US give to the world other than pop culture,
entertainment, hair styles and fast food? What?

You're kidding, right?

I won't bother listing stuff from Polio vaccine to space travel, from
freedom to increased life-spans. I'll just offer the one thing that stands
above the rest:

Hope.

Hope that someday they - or if not them, their children - can either come to
America or establish American in their own land.

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

.
[...]

These people don't want the "Western lifestyle." Sure, they want the
hair, the music and the movies. But is that the "western lifestyle?"
No, it is not. They still bow to Mecca five times a day and hate the
Jews. And trying to equate the Iranian hatred of the Jews to things
that occurred hundreds and a 1,000 years ago is laughable. Try again.

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!" wrote in message

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

"trijcomm" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Sep 19, 12:28 am, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 18, 11:59 pm, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 18, 3:28 pm, "Pete D" wrote:
"T" wrote in message

In article 46ef9364$0$32457$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au, says...

"Jim34" wrote in message

groups.com...
[...]

I guess Lebanon is similar in many ways, most people lead a
life

not
that
far removed from many in the "Western World" but sadly the
separation of
Church and State does not occur.- Hide quoted text -

So you interpret the "Western World" lifestyle as -- hou?

Music?
Hairstyle? It doesn't matter how you wear your hair, what

movies
you
watch or what kind of music you listen to when it comes to
institutionalized hate.

What else does the US give to the world other than pop culture,
entertainment, hair styles and fast food? What?

Paul- Hide quoted text -

So US = Western World? Well, one thing is for certain -- the US
certainly doesn't give the world Jewish hatred. As I recall,

whenever
there is a huge catastrophe, the US is usually the first ones in to
offer whatever help the stricken nation will receive. And they poor
money into poor nations asking for nothing in return. The US is one
of
the most generous nations on earth and they get very little back in
the form of gratitude. But they still do it anyway. And if the US
stopped doing it, you'd be the first one screaming about it and
defending Jew haters. Yep, sounds sensible to me. Yeah, right.

OK, are you aware of how many people in this country think the
Holocaust

is
a myth? I'll give you a hint, it is more than the whole population

of
Iran.

And as for generosity, nope. Looked at as a percentage of per capita
income, or ever GDP, the US is far down the list. Canada, France,

GB,
Japan - all higher than the US.

Paul- Hide quoted text -

What country are you talking about where they believe the Holocaust is
a myth? That means nothing since the Flat Earth Society is still
around. Big difference, though -- people in the US who believe the
Holocaust is a myth are crackpots who never would get elected to
office. That isn't the case in Iran. As far as the GDP goes, for that
matter, I'm sure Sri Lanka and Bangladesh rank up there as well. But
when it comes to money and boots on the ground, the US is always
there. Even for Iran when they go through a disaster.

The percentage of people in this country that do not believe the

Holocaust
happened is about 35%. That means we are talking about 105 million
people.
Iran has a population of 71 million and I wager most of them are not
deniers.

Thailand tsunami - US 15 million dollars in relief money. What was

needed
was 2 billion dollars. Where did it come from? Not the US.

Some sort of proof of these numbers you keep pulling out of your ass would
be just peachy.

You don't remember the heat that Bush took when he only pledged the 15
million? Were you paying attention? And if you want proof, it's all on
Google. I don't play the cite game. Feel free to post your results.

Paul

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
> [...]

"trijcomm" wrote in message
roups.com...
On Sep 19, 12:28 am, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 18, 11:59 pm, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 18, 3:28 pm, "Pete D" wrote:
"T" wrote in message

In article 46ef9364$0$32457$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au, says...

"Jim34" wrote in message

groups.com...
[...]

You don't play the cite game because you are either too lazy to
research or you don't have any "sites to cite." Refusal to back up
your fantasy noted.

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!" wrote in message

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

"T" wrote in message
. ..
In article 46ef9364$0$32457$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au, says...

"Jim34" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.lucasgray.com/video/peacetrain.html

Bout time the Iranian people spoke to the idiots in their government

then.

The problem in Iran isn't so much the government as it is the clerical
class.

Ahmadenijad has very little power in Iran, but the Ayatollah's trump
even him.

A while back there was a British journalist who went into Tehran and it
was a bit disconcerting to me. It was one of those never think about it
issues but it's a modern city.

More to the point, the sentiment among the people is changing. The
Ayatollah's don't hold much power over the youth in the country. So we
could see change sooner than later.

All rational assessments claim that Iran, if they wanted to, could not
produce a weapon for 5-10 years. And from what the sources who were

right
on Iraq are saying, they do not want to and there is no evidence that

they
are. What they are doing just happens to be legal as they are a

signatory
to the UN Nuclear Non-Proliferation treaty. A treaty which Israel and
India
are not signatories yet we give them nuclear technology and now even

fuel.
There is every indication that a peaceful change of government could
occur.
Don't forget that on 9-11 millions of Iranians marched in the streets of
Tehran with signs saying "we are all Americans today." Great strides

had
been taken by the moderate, pro-western, government they had at the

time.
That was all thrown into the garbage with Bush's "axis of evil" speech.

Ahh, you're a nut. Got it...

So you are saying that none of that happened? Is that what you are
claiming?

Paul

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"T" wrote in message
. ..
In article 212Ii.2437$oc2.1995@trnddc04,
says...

"trijcomm" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 18, 3:28 pm, "Pete D" wrote:
"T" wrote in message

. ..

In article 46ef9364$0$32457$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au, says...

"Jim34" wrote in message
groups.com...
[...]

Technology, or more to the point, computer chips.

Those are mostly designed in Israel by Israeli engineers.

Paul

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!" wrote in message

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

LongRodSilver wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:07:01 -0400, "Janet"
wrote:

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

"Janet" wrote in message
Interesting photos, thanks.

Although I completely oppose the idea of attacking Iran--and

opposed
the
invasion of Iraq--I find the choice of musical accompaniment rather
interesting, since the convert-to-Islam version of Cat Stevens came

out
in
public support of the fatwa calling for the murder of Salman

Rushdie.
Not
the action of a peace activist, hmmm?

Rushdie is still alive and making public appearances. The Fatwa was

symbolic gesture. If they were serious, he would not have lasted a

day.
Britain has a great many Muslims and I'm sure one would have gotten
the
job
done.

Paul

Rushdie lived in hiding for years, protected by the British

government.

The fatwa was evil, and Cat Stevens showed just how vicious he was by
publicly supporting it.

But... islime is the religion of piece.. a piece of this country and
a piece of that country..

submit or die

Submit to the love of Christ or suffer the purification of the flames.

convert or die..

Convert to Christ and still die. Convert now before we kill you so that
you
can enter the kingdom of God. But we're still going to kill you
regardless.
That was once known as Christian compassion. Just as Montezuma.

So about as peaceful as Christianity, actually much more so when you
consider the millions of people and civilizations wiped out by the
Spaniards, the Inquisition (what a show) our own destruction of the

native
populations to clear the land for the manifest destiny (aka God's will)

of
Christian settlers and of course interfaith warfare just to name a

couple.
Hardly a stellar record of peace and compassion. Ever see a protestant

in
an Irish pub? No? There's a reason for that.

When you look at the scope of just the numbers, well Christianity has
been
far more reaching, far more destructive and far more dangerous to the
world.
An undeniable fact but one always forgotten by Christians.

The point, you inbred jackass, is that Christians have moved beyond that
and, much like you would apparently like to go back in time and annihilate
all Christians and probably Jesus himself, we would like to stop the
extemeists of our time. You can sit there ****ing and moaning about all

the
bad things that have ever happened and feel your pathetic guilt about it,

or
you can support those working to make things better today.

I choose the latter.

Same here. You just can't see it through your emotional tirade.

Paul

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"trijcomm" wrote in message
oups.com...

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
> [...]

"trijcomm" wrote in message
roups.com...
On Sep 19, 12:28 am, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 18, 11:59 pm, "Paul M. Cook"

wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 18, 3:28 pm, "Pete D" wrote:
"T" wrote in message

In article

46ef9364$0$32457$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au, says...

"Jim34" wrote in message

groups.com...
[...]

I do it if I am asked politely by people who have a genuine interest in the
truth. If I am accused of posting BS before a rude demand for proof, why
should I play into it? The poster has already concluded, with no personal
knowledge, that I made it up. So why should I show a gesture of respect to
somebody who has disrespected me? That is the cite game and it is not a
respectful request for facts, it is a pre-established rejection of the
facts.

Google it. I did. .

Paul

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Paul M. Cook wrote:

What else does the US give to the world other than pop culture,
entertainment, hair styles and fast food? What?

You're kidding, right?

I won't bother listing stuff from Polio vaccine to space travel, from
freedom to increased life-spans. I'll just offer the one thing that stands
above the rest:

Give I said, not gave. My point was lost on you. We don't do those things
anymore. We've become a shadow of our former selves. That is what I was
lamenting, if indirectly.

Hope.

Hope that someday they - or if not them, their children - can either come

America or establish American in their own land.

Right, which is why even tourism is declining.

How about some of those 2 million Iraqi refugees? Want to know how many
we've let in? 1500.

What's wrong with where they live now? Since you mentioned medicine, the
greatest medical advances are coming from South Korea, India and France.
Asia owns the hi-tech electronics field. Asian engineers are routinely
called upon to build the world's most complex infrastructure, not the US.
The US is ranked fairly low in longevity, did you know that? We are ranked
low in health care quality and availability. We suffer from a huge wealth
disparity double that of Britain which is topped only by Saudi Arabia. US
schools continue to be ranked lower every year compared to foreign schools.
We have an appaling illiteracy rate. We don't teach science hardly anymore.
We used to be the world's lender, now we are the worlds most indebted
nation. We used to feed the world, now we have to import more food every
year. I could go on.

The rest of the world is coming up fast. What is our national priority?
Gay marriage. We're losing it.

Paul

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"Bob F" wrote in message

"trijcomm" wrote in message
ups.com...

And so they went out and elected who they did as their president.

Now there's an indictment.

Apparently who we elected as a president says nothing about us.

Paul

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback! wrote:

Thailand tsunami - US 15 million dollars in relief money. What was
needed was 2 billion dollars. Where did it come from? Not the US.

Some sort of proof of these numbers you keep pulling out of your ass
would be just peachy.

Initially, the US contributed $350 million in immediate relief effort. As

of
Jan 2005, the President requested an additional $950 million ($1.3 billion
total).

After the entire world condemned Bush for his "stingy" response, yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanit...n_ear thquake

Scroll down to the chart titled List of Donors. See how the US stacks up.
It's not good.

Private-sector donations, mostly from the U.S., are estimated at $700
million.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/tsunami/

At least one of his numbers was correct ($2 billion). All from the U.S.

This does not include the operating expenses and salaries of 16,000

military
personnel, 26 ships, and 101 aircraft deployed in the immediate aftermath,
inasmuch as these fixed costs are otherwise allocated in the federal

budget.

His other number, 35% Holocaust deniers, is similarily flawed:

"A January 1994 Gallup Poll found that a much lower percentage,
approximately 4 percent, of those it surveyed "have real doubts about the
Holocaust..." This 4% is roughly compatible with crop-circle devotees.

"Real doubts?" Is that the same as "Absolutely certain?" "somewhat
certain?" Is that like saying "absolutely not a denier?" Stats from 1994?
Got anything in this century to quote?

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...st/denial.html

Paul

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
> [...]

"T" wrote in message
. ..
In article 46ef9364$0$32457$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au, says...

"Jim34" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I'm saying that your sensationalist version of it is suspect.

LG
--
"To oppose everything while proposing nothing is irresponsible." - George
W.Bush

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"trijcomm" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Sep 19, 4:28 am, "Paul M. Cook" wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

ps.com...

wrote:
[...]

Silently wait? So I conclude then you were not aware of what was going on
last year when Israel was shelling Lebanon? They weren't especially silent
to my ears.

Paul

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
> [...]

"trijcomm" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Sep 19, 12:28 am, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 18, 11:59 pm, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 18, 3:28 pm, "Pete D" wrote:
"T" wrote in message

In article 46ef9364$0$32457$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au, says...

"Jim34" wrote in message

egroups.com...
[...]

Yeah. I also remember being one of the ones claiming that was just a "Here!
Take this for now, and we'll get some more to you as we can." opening
gambit. I also remember being right about that.

Were you paying attention?

Yup. I even paid attention AFTER the initial bull**** settled out.

And if you want proof, it's all on
Google. I don't play the cite game.

"I guess reporting is a lot easier if you're not worried about the facts." -
Chris Wallace

LG
--
If you wonder how it came to be generally acknowledged "fact," accepted by
all men of good will, that Joe McCarthy was a monster, that Alger Hiss was

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
> [...]

"T" wrote in message
. ..
In article 46ef9364$0$32457$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au, says...

"Jim34" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I see. I could of sworn that was Bush saying what he said on national TV.
Axis of evil, Iraq, Iran, North Korea. I do so recall the press reports of
the massive show of support for the US in of all places, Iran. After that
speech guess what? The moderates in Iran were silenced and we got what? A
resurgence in the Mullahs and Mr. Ahmadinejad. Was that a coincidence?

Paul

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"Janet" wrote in message
[...]

I know you are but what am I?

Takes one to know one!

I'm rubber and you're glue...

LG
--
If you wonder how it came to be generally acknowledged "fact," accepted by
all men of good will, that Joe McCarthy was a monster, that Alger Hiss was
innocent, that mankind is causing global warming and that we're losing the
war in Iraq, try watching the rewriting of history nightly on MSNBC. - Ann
Coulter

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
> [...]

"trijcomm" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Sep 19, 12:28 am, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 18, 11:59 pm, "Paul M. Cook"

wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 18, 3:28 pm, "Pete D" wrote:
"T" wrote in message

In article

46ef9364$0$32457$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au, says...

"Jim34" wrote in message

egroups.com...
[...]

If I was so worried, then I would fear what you could present to refute me.
Then I'd look bad.

I'm not worried.

Paul

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

In rec.sport.football.college Pan Ohco sanoi, hitaasti kuin hämähäkki:
wrote:

Or drug dealing idiots that stand on the corner pushing **** to
kids.. while collecting from the gubmint..

Please cite a case where this is proven. In most cases the drug dealers
I've run across have been denied benefits and so deal to support
themselves.

Most low level drug dealers who are not supporting thier kids.
Unless you think that people who sell **** to kids, are concerned
about kids.

Are you saying that most low-level drug dealers get welfare money?

Any evidence for that?

rich
--
-to reply, it's hot not warm
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

Paul M. Cook wrote:
Initially, the US contributed $350 million in immediate relief
effort. As of Jan 2005, the President requested an additional $950
million ($1.3 billion total).

After the entire world condemned Bush for his "stingy" response, yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanit...n_ear thquake

Scroll down to the chart titled List of Donors. See how the US
stacks up. It's not good.

It's very good. The United States - according to the Wikipedia article you
cite - contributed $2.85 billion to Indonesian relief efforts. Far more than
any other country (next highest was Australia at $1.3 billion).

His other number, 35% Holocaust deniers, is similarily flawed:

"A January 1994 Gallup Poll found that a much lower percentage,
approximately 4 percent, of those it surveyed "have real doubts
about the Holocaust..." This 4% is roughly compatible with
crop-circle devotees.

"Real doubts?" Is that the same as "Absolutely certain?" "somewhat
certain?" Is that like saying "absolutely not a denier?" Stats from
1994? Got anything in this century to quote?

Dunno, ask Gallup. It was their poll.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...st/denial.html

No, sorry. The Holocaust happened in the last century. But I wouldn't put
the 35% belief figure as impossible: 30% of high school biology teachers in
Texas believe that humans and dinosaurs were contemporaries.

Still, "belief" is irrelevant. Thinking people don't care what someone
believes - what's important is what can be proved.

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Paul M. Cook wrote:
Initially, the US contributed $350 million in immediate relief
effort. As of Jan 2005, the President requested an additional $950
million ($1.3 billion total).

After the entire world condemned Bush for his "stingy" response, yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanit...n_ear thquake

Scroll down to the chart titled List of Donors. See how the US
stacks up. It's not good.

It's very good. The United States - according to the Wikipedia article you
cite - contributed $2.85 billion to Indonesian relief efforts. Far more

than
any other country (next highest was Australia at $1.3 billion).

I made a point oif how low our contributions are as measured by wealth.
That chart supports that contention.

His other number, 35% Holocaust deniers, is similarily flawed:

"A January 1994 Gallup Poll found that a much lower percentage,
approximately 4 percent, of those it surveyed "have real doubts
about the Holocaust..." This 4% is roughly compatible with
crop-circle devotees.

"Real doubts?" Is that the same as "Absolutely certain?" "somewhat
certain?" Is that like saying "absolutely not a denier?" Stats from
1994? Got anything in this century to quote?

Dunno, ask Gallup. It was their poll.

Everyone who conducted it has gone to their reward.

Paul

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!" wrote in message

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

"trijcomm" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 19, 12:50 am, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 19, 12:24 am, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
"Andrew Venor" wrote in message

Paul M. Cook wrote:
"Andrew Venor" wrote in message
Paul M. Cook wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message
groups.com...
On Sep 18, 11:07 am, "Edward M. Kennedy"
wrote:
"T" wrote

[...]

Their president is a powerless figurehead. That's it. He
only
exists
give the appearance of a parliamentary system of government.
The
council of
Mullahs controls the country. And they are very unpopular.
Bear
in
mind
the majority of the population was born after 1980. They

have
had
taste
of Western life and they would like a whole lot more. They
don't
remember
life under the Shah, a bloody and ruthless dictator that we
installed,
so
they only see the happy side, if you will of the West.

Drop nukes on them, and all 71 million of them will change
that
tune
in
an
instant and you will see a backlash the likes of which

cannot
even
be
imagined. One thing about Iran, they are all Persians and

all
Shia
Muslims
(well those who are not Christians anyway). There is no
ethnic or
religious
strife to divide them.
Actually Iranian population is only about 1/2 Persian.
According
the
CIA's World Factbook the ethnic breakdown of Iran is as
follows.

Persian: 51%
Azeri 24%
Gilaki and Mazandarani 8%
Kurd 7%
Arab 3%
Lur 2%
Baloch 2%
Turkmen 2%
Other 1%

OK, good info. What is their religious breakdown?

Muslim 98% (Shi'a 89%, Sunni 9%), other (includes Zoroastrian,
Jewish,
Christian, and Baha'i) 2%

I'd say with 51 guaranteed in the bag and the other 49% being

filled
from
the Shia majority alone (Persians not withstanding), that my money
is on
extreme national unity in a time of crisis. They may not all be
Persians,
they may not all be Shia, but I think they see themselves as all
Iranians.
From what I know, they seem to get along pretty well considering

the
part of
the world they are in.

In short, they'd be a very hard force to deal with and certainly

one
impossible to contain seeing as how we can't even secure a 2 mile
road
in
Baghdad.

Paul- Hide quoted text -

Seeing that the US has contained something like 15 of the 18

provinces
in Iraq, I beg to differ. And there are some parts of the US where
authorities can't secure a two-mile road. So what's your point?

Where'd you get that number from? The latest count is that the only
secure
areas are in the Kurdish north, where the Kurds are taking care of
themselves. The rest is completely out of control.

Did you know what happened top Petraeus's office in Anbar when he was
away
delivering his speech? It was blown to smithereens.

Paul- Hide quoted text -

Frank Pallone, congressman from NJ, says 14 of 18. US Dept. of Defense
says 15. Take your pick. Now, I suppose you would argue that none of
them are secure because a shooting or robbery took place took place. I
guess that means the city of Las Vegas is not secured either.

OK, how about Petraeus's boss, Admiral Fallon. He says it's all BS.

What
does he know?

How to cash a Democrat paycheck?

I see. He's being bribed. That explains it all.

Paul

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
> [...]

"trijcomm" wrote in message
roups.com...
On Sep 19, 12:28 am, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 18, 11:59 pm, "Paul M. Cook"

wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 18, 3:28 pm, "Pete D" wrote:
"T" wrote in message

In article

46ef9364$0$32457$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-

01.iinet.net.au, says...

"Jim34" wrote in message

groups.com...
[...]

Lack of research and poor explanation for your own laziness noted.

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

On Sep 19, 12:07 pm, T wrote:
In article . com,
says...

On Sep 19, 9:42 am, T wrote:
In article , LongRodSilver
says...

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 21:10:50 -0400, T
wrote:

In article om,
says...
On Sep 18, 7:04 pm, T wrote:

[...]

No, I don't hate Christians so much as wish they'd shut the **** up.- Hide quoted text -

Yep, take away their freedom of religion and speech at the same time.
That's called hate.

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
> [...]

"trijcomm" wrote in message
roups.com...
On Sep 19, 12:28 am, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 18, 11:59 pm, "Paul M. Cook"

wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 18, 3:28 pm, "Pete D" wrote:
"T" wrote in message

In article

46ef9364$0$32457$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-

01.iinet.net.au, says...

"Jim34" wrote in message

egroups.com...
[...]

You're not informed, either.

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"trijcomm" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Sep 19, 2:22 pm, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

oups.com... On Sep

19, 1:36 pm, "Paul M. Cook"

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
> [...]

"trijcomm" wrote in message
roups.com...
On Sep 19, 12:28 am, "Paul M. Cook"

wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 18, 11:59 pm, "Paul M. Cook"

wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 18, 3:28 pm, "Pete D" wrote:
"T" wrote in message

[...]

I guess I'll just have to live with that. And coming from somebody clearly
educated on the subject, that is going to hurt.

Paul

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

on 9/19/2007 6:17 PM HeyBub said the following:
Paul M. Cook wrote:

Initially, the US contributed $350 million in immediate relief
effort. As of Jan 2005, the President requested an additional $950
million ($1.3 billion total).

After the entire world condemned Bush for his "stingy" response, yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanit...n_ear thquake

Scroll down to the chart titled List of Donors. See how the US
stacks up. It's not good.

It's very good. The United States - according to the Wikipedia article you
cite - contributed $2.85 billion to Indonesian relief efforts. Far more than
any other country (next highest was Australia at $1.3 billion).

Not to mention the annual foreign aid that we give to many other
countries, whether or not they are having, tsunamies, earthquakes, or
other natural disasters. I suppose we could have given a lot more to
Indonesia relief, but we would have to cut off, or give less to, those
other countries.

[...]

In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

Per HeyBub:
There's nothing wrong with imperialism - it's simply the survival of the
fittest. For those that think all cultures are equivalent, I have only one
word:

Dentistry.

Two entertaining posts by HeyBub.

But that last sentence went right over my head?

Can somebody explain?
--
PeteCresswell
Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

Only people of weak wills and minds will bother wasting even one moment of
their
thought and time on them.

So what does it say when we waste 4000 soldiers, 500 billion dollars and 1
million civilians?

Paul

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per HeyBub:
There's nothing wrong with imperialism - it's simply the survival of the
fittest. For those that think all cultures are equivalent, I have only

one
word:

Dentistry.

Two entertaining posts by HeyBub.

But that last sentence went right over my head?

Can somebody explain?
--

A comment on the dentally challenged Brits. Former imperialists and rulers
of the waves.

Paul

Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

on 9/19/2007 7:20 PM Paul M. Cook said the following:
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message

Per HeyBub:

There's nothing wrong with imperialism - it's simply the survival of the
fittest. For those that think all cultures are equivalent, I have only

one

word:

Dentistry.

Two entertaining posts by HeyBub.

But that last sentence went right over my head?

Can somebody explain?
--

A comment on the dentally challenged Brits. Former imperialists and rulers
of the waves.

Paul

That's due to all the tea they drink. Really!

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking

Disculpa Senora trijcomm, pero did you really mime the following on
9/19/2007 1:21 AM???

snip

[...]

What a crock of horse****! First, the general degree of religious
fervor is not the same amongst Muslims in all countries. If you
honestly believe that Muslims in (say) Saudi Arabia, Bosnia, Turkey,
India and Afghanistan all think alike, you're truly deluded. While the
clergy and their current leader are certainly classifiable as kooks,
Iranian muslims for the most part are closer to Indians or Turks than to
Saudis or Yemenis. Just because someone prays 5 times a day doesn't
make the person a raving lunatic, any more than it does someone who goes
to church every Sunday, or regularly observes the Sabbath and keeps Kosher.

Second, you seem to be confused about being Jewish and being Israeli.
From the tenor of your posts you are probably Jewish and I can
certainly sympathize with you being peeved when an asshole like
Ahmedinejad goes around organizing conferences that deny the Holocaust.
But most of the Iranians I've met are not kooks. Obviously, I've not
met Ahmedinejad or any of the mullahs, but I have known many Iranians -
classmates in grad school, colleagues, and students that I have taught
(in fact, I have one right now). By and large they've been pretty
normal: one Iranian I knew was among the sweetest persons I've ever
known, and yes, a couple of them were asshats as well. Which is what
you'd get from pretty much any ethnic background. I don't recall a
single one of them being virulently anti-Jewish the way you generally
make out. Yes, when it comes to politics, most have been anti-Israel
but certainly no more so than other Middle Easterners I've talked to
like Saudis, Kuwaitis, Jordanians, Egyptians or Lebanese, and certainly
less so than the Palestinians. In fact the most violently anti-Israeli
guy I've known was a Libyan back in grad school - ironically, his
academic adviser was a Jewish guy from Baltimore!