Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback! Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback! is offline

Default PHOTOS FROM INSIDE IRAN

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

"Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!" wrote in message

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

LongRodSilver wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:07:01 -0400, "Janet"
wrote:

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

"Janet" wrote in message
Interesting photos, thanks.

Although I completely oppose the idea of attacking Iran--and

opposed
the
invasion of Iraq--I find the choice of musical accompaniment
rather
interesting, since the convert-to-Islam version of Cat Stevens
came
out
in
public support of the fatwa calling for the murder of Salman

Rushdie.
Not
the action of a peace activist, hmmm?

Rushdie is still alive and making public appearances. The Fatwa
was

symbolic gesture. If they were serious, he would not have lasted a
day.
Britain has a great many Muslims and I'm sure one would have gotten
the
job
done.

Paul

Rushdie lived in hiding for years, protected by the British

government.

The fatwa was evil, and Cat Stevens showed just how vicious he was by
publicly supporting it.

But... islime is the religion of piece.. a piece of this country and
a piece of that country..

submit or die

Submit to the love of Christ or suffer the purification of the flames.

convert or die..

Convert to Christ and still die. Convert now before we kill you so
that
you
can enter the kingdom of God. But we're still going to kill you
regardless.
That was once known as Christian compassion. Just as Montezuma.

So about as peaceful as Christianity, actually much more so when you
consider the millions of people and civilizations wiped out by the
Spaniards, the Inquisition (what a show) our own destruction of the

native
populations to clear the land for the manifest destiny (aka God's will)

of
Christian settlers and of course interfaith warfare just to name a

couple.
Hardly a stellar record of peace and compassion. Ever see a protestant

in
an Irish pub? No? There's a reason for that.

When you look at the scope of just the numbers, well Christianity has
been
far more reaching, far more destructive and far more dangerous to the
world.
An undeniable fact but one always forgotten by Christians.

The point, you inbred jackass, is that Christians have moved beyond that
and, much like you would apparently like to go back in time and
annihilate
all Christians and probably Jesus himself, we would like to stop the
extemeists of our time. You can sit there ****ing and moaning about all

the
bad things that have ever happened and feel your pathetic guilt about it,

or
you can support those working to make things better today.

I choose the latter.

Same here. You just can't see it through your emotional tirade.

I know you are but what am I?

Takes one to know one!

I'm rubber and you're glue...

LG
--
If you wonder how it came to be generally acknowledged "fact," accepted by
all men of good will, that Joe McCarthy was a monster, that Alger Hiss was