Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
terry terry is offline

Default PHOTOS FROM INSIDE IRAN

On Sep 18, 9:04 pm, T wrote:
..
We may have freedom of religion in the U.S. but it's the freedom FROM
religion that has me more concerned.

..
Writing from a good neighbour country to your north; it is very
encouraging to read that remark.

At least some (one anyway) of you are thinking?

It is IS the arrogant crusading, hymn singing (lip synching) so called
Christian right that really worries! Some seem to think that if you've
got the biggest bomb you will have the most influence!

So while we can rant about about the extremes and undeniable
inequalities and lack of freedoms in many other countries we have no
right to 'impose' our views on them. Trying to do so merely builds up
more hatreds of 'The West'.

People in those countries like the 'Western style' of living well
enough and adopt it very fully, where/when they can afford it. Often
not understanding that along with such an affluent and comfortable
life-style comes taxes, responsibilities and duties to the rest of
your community and to other individuals to make that life style work.

But they will learn; same as our societies have, painfully, during the
last few hundred to a 1000 years done away with 'Witchcraft trials' ,
compulsory religious education (Cos. which one is right anyway. Any of
them?). Painting ourselves with blue woad, carrying swords and
shields, telling people how to dress, how to sing, what they can read
etc.

Glad to see the comment.