Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default PHOTOS FROM INSIDE IRAN

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Paul M. Cook wrote:

What else does the US give to the world other than pop culture,
entertainment, hair styles and fast food? What?

You're kidding, right?

I won't bother listing stuff from Polio vaccine to space travel, from
freedom to increased life-spans. I'll just offer the one thing that stands
above the rest:

Give I said, not gave. My point was lost on you. We don't do those things
anymore. We've become a shadow of our former selves. That is what I was
lamenting, if indirectly.

Hope.

Hope that someday they - or if not them, their children - can either come

America or establish American in their own land.

Right, which is why even tourism is declining.

How about some of those 2 million Iraqi refugees? Want to know how many
we've let in? 1500.

What's wrong with where they live now? Since you mentioned medicine, the
greatest medical advances are coming from South Korea, India and France.
Asia owns the hi-tech electronics field. Asian engineers are routinely
called upon to build the world's most complex infrastructure, not the US.
The US is ranked fairly low in longevity, did you know that? We are ranked
low in health care quality and availability. We suffer from a huge wealth
disparity double that of Britain which is topped only by Saudi Arabia. US
schools continue to be ranked lower every year compared to foreign schools.
We have an appaling illiteracy rate. We don't teach science hardly anymore.
We used to be the world's lender, now we are the worlds most indebted
nation. We used to feed the world, now we have to import more food every
year. I could go on.

The rest of the world is coming up fast. What is our national priority?
Gay marriage. We're losing it.

Paul