Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default PHOTOS FROM INSIDE IRAN

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Paul M. Cook wrote:
Initially, the US contributed $350 million in immediate relief
effort. As of Jan 2005, the President requested an additional $950
million ($1.3 billion total).

After the entire world condemned Bush for his "stingy" response, yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanit...n_ear thquake

Scroll down to the chart titled List of Donors. See how the US
stacks up. It's not good.

It's very good. The United States - according to the Wikipedia article you
cite - contributed $2.85 billion to Indonesian relief efforts. Far more

than
any other country (next highest was Australia at $1.3 billion).

I made a point oif how low our contributions are as measured by wealth.
That chart supports that contention.

His other number, 35% Holocaust deniers, is similarily flawed:

"A January 1994 Gallup Poll found that a much lower percentage,
approximately 4 percent, of those it surveyed "have real doubts
about the Holocaust..." This 4% is roughly compatible with
crop-circle devotees.

"Real doubts?" Is that the same as "Absolutely certain?" "somewhat
certain?" Is that like saying "absolutely not a denier?" Stats from
1994? Got anything in this century to quote?

Dunno, ask Gallup. It was their poll.

Everyone who conducted it has gone to their reward.

Paul