Posted to alt.home.repair

Default do not shop home depot

I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
Machine.When I got home my old Maytag started to work again.
I went back and cancelled the order.
On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot.
I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.

Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that
they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the
same.

It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of
other amenities.

I went back to the store and was told since I did not refuse it on
delivery it now is not returnable.

Their manager said to be basically tough luck
I called corporate and was told basically buyer beware or Home Depot
will screw you.

Never again Home depot

Posted to alt.home.repair

You have got to be telling the story wrong; if you charged it, stop payment.
If you paid cash, take them to small claims court. It is such an easy win
that they wouldn't think of screwing you like that; so I conclude you must
be telling the story wrong.

"ebayer" wrote in message
ups.com...
I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
Machine.When I got home my old Maytag started to work again.
I went back and cancelled the order.
On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot.
I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.

Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that
they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the
same.

It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of
other amenities.

I went back to the store and was told since I did not refuse it on
delivery it now is not returnable.

Their manager said to be basically tough luck
I called corporate and was told basically buyer beware or Home Depot
will screw you.

Never again Home depot

Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

I thought this said "Donut Shop Home Depot". Now there's a store I
would shop at.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 13, 2:03 pm, "Toller" wrote:
You have got to be telling the story wrong; if you charged it, stop payment.
If you paid cash, take them to small claims court. It is such an easy win
that they wouldn't think of screwing you like that; so I conclude you must
be telling the story wrong.

"ebayer" wrote in message

ups.com...

I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
Machine.When I got home my old Maytag started to work again.
I went back and cancelled the order.
On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot.
I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.

Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that
they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the
same.

It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of
other amenities.

I went back to the store and was told since I did not refuse it on
delivery it now is not returnable.

Their manager said to be basically tough luck
I called corporate and was told basically buyer beware or Home Depot
will screw you.

Never again Home depot- Hide quoted text -

I agree if you used your credit card file a dispute with your credit
card company.

Just dial the 800 number on the back of your card, tell them your
problem and they will send you the paperwork to file a dispute.

And while this is in the process they will withhold payment until the
dispute is settled.

I've done this before it really gets their attention.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"z" wrote in message
oups.com...
I thought this said "Donut Shop Home Depot". Now there's a store I
would shop at.

What? Home Depot has donuts? I'll be there tomorrow morning. I'd never buy
an appliance there, but I like jelly donuts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

perhaps they were less than charitable based on your on again off again
ordering status.
maybe they would have been more willing to work with you if you hadn't had
the previous history...?

Dave

"ebayer" wrote in message
ups.com...
I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
Machine.When I got home my old Maytag started to work again.
I went back and cancelled the order.
On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot.
I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.

Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that
they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the
same.

It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of
other amenities.

I went back to the store and was told since I did not refuse it on
delivery it now is not returnable.

Their manager said to be basically tough luck
I called corporate and was told basically buyer beware or Home Depot
will screw you.

Never again Home depot

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 13, 2:03 pm, "Toller" wrote:
You have got to be telling the story wrong; if you charged it, stop payment.
If you paid cash, take them to small claims court. It is such an easy win
that they wouldn't think of screwing you like that; so I conclude you must
be telling the story wrong.

"ebayer" wrote in message

ups.com...

I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
Machine.When I got home my old Maytag started to work again.
I went back and cancelled the order.
On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot.
I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.

Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that
they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the
same.

It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of
other amenities.

I went back to the store and was told since I did not refuse it on
delivery it now is not returnable.

Their manager said to be basically tough luck
I called corporate and was told basically buyer beware or Home Depot
will screw you.

Never again Home depot- Hide quoted text -

I am telling the correct story
I purchased it on their credit card
I went back to the store

I was told It should have been refused on delivery
I have all paper work

I am going to go to small claims
I could not get the full name of the ast manager
The manager is on vacation

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article SmoAh.2644$g82.1678@trndny09, on Tue, 13 Feb 2007 19:32:02
GMT, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"z" wrote in message
oups.com...
I thought this said "Donut Shop Home Depot". Now there's a store I
would shop at.

What? Home Depot has donuts? I'll be there tomorrow morning. I'd never buy
an appliance there, but I like jelly donuts.

My local Home Depot does indeed have a Dunkin' Donuts in the vestibule
by the front doors.

--
Seth Goodman
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:17:13 -0500, "Zephyr" Someguy@an email address.com wrote:

perhaps they were less than charitable based on your on again off again
ordering status.
maybe they would have been more willing to work with you if you hadn't had
the previous history...?

When I had my reno business I learned that companies substituting was bad news when I
had a customer of my own to please. I started writing NO SUBSTITUTIONS on the orders
and I still do.

Somehow I think there is more to this story. What model number is
called out on the order and what is the model number actually
received? Did you use it before telling them you wanted to send it
back? Besides the lacking delicate cycle, what are all the other
"multitude" of features that are different?

I've always had no problems when dealing with HD. Last year I
special ordered a $450 Kohler cast iron kitchen sink. After getting
it home and actually setting it in the opening, I noticed small spider
web like cracks in one corner. It seemed it could have been from
maybe cooling too rapidly after baking, or similar. Didn't look like
a chip, but I was still worried that HD might say I damaged it.
Just took it back and they took care of it, no questions, no problems,
they just ordered up another one.

If they sent a model that is different than the one you bought, then
I'm amazed they would even argue it.

"ebayer" wrote in message
oups.com...
I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
Machine.When I got home my old Maytag started to work again.
I went back and cancelled the order.
On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot.
I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.

Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that
they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the
same.

It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of
other amenities.

I went back to the store and was told since I did not refuse it on
delivery it now is not returnable.

Their manager said to be basically tough luck
I called corporate and was told basically buyer beware or Home Depot
will screw you.

Never again Home depot

Posted to alt.home.repair

ebayer wrote:
I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
Machine.When I got home my old Maytag started to work again.
I went back and cancelled the order.
On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot.
I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.

Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that
they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the
same.

It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of
other amenities.

I went back to the store and was told since I did not refuse it on
delivery it now is not returnable.

Their manager said to be basically tough luck
I called corporate and was told basically buyer beware or Home Depot
will screw you.

Never again Home depot

1. Something wrong with that story.
2. You didn't check the part number that was ordered.
3. I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot because YOU had a bad
experience someplace, completely unrelated to me in any way. I like them.
But I make sure of what I order.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

When I had my reno business I learned that companies substituting was bad
news when I
had a customer of my own to please. I started writing NO SUBSTITUTIONS on
the orders
and I still do.

Sears used to do some substituting, but it was always a better model. I got
benefit of that twice. If they went the other way, I'd never buy from that
store again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On 13 Feb 2007 12:45:55 -0800,

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:17:13 -0500, "Zephyr" Someguy@an email address.com wrote:

perhaps they were less than charitable based on your on again off again
ordering status.
maybe they would have been more willing to work with you if you hadn't had
the previous history...?

When I had my reno business I learned that companies substituting was bad news when I
had a customer of my own to please. I started writing NO SUBSTITUTIONS on the orders
and I still do.

Somehow I think there is more to this story. What model number is
called out on the order and what is the model number actually
received? Did you use it before telling them you wanted to send it
back?

The way I see he placed the order then canceled it only later to renew it. In the
mean time Home Depot had probably switched to a different model of machine.
It was his fault to not ask if the model was still available at the time he renewed
the order.

It's not up to HD to decide to switch models on a buyer and send
something else. If he ordered one model and they wanted to sub
something else when he replaced the order they have to ask if a
different model is acceptable.

Besides the lacking delicate cycle, what are all the other
"multitude" of features that are different?

I've always had no problems when dealing with HD. Last year I
special ordered a $450 Kohler cast iron kitchen sink. After getting
it home and actually setting it in the opening, I noticed small spider
web like cracks in one corner. It seemed it could have been from
maybe cooling too rapidly after baking, or similar. Didn't look like
a chip, but I was still worried that HD might say I damaged it.
Just took it back and they took care of it, no questions, no problems,
they just ordered up another one.

If they sent a model that is different than the one you bought, then
I'm amazed they would even argue it.

"ebayer" wrote in message
oups.com...
I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
Machine.When I got home my old Maytag started to work again.
I went back and cancelled the order.
On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot.
I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.

Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that
they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the
same.

It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of
other amenities.

I went back to the store and was told since I did not refuse it on
delivery it now is not returnable.

Their manager said to be basically tough luck
I called corporate and was told basically buyer beware or Home Depot
will screw you.

Never again Home depot

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ebayer" wrote in message
ups.com...
I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
Machine.When I got home my old Maytag started to work again.
I went back and cancelled the order.
On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot.
I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.

Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that
they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the
same.

It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of
other amenities.

what do you wash that is so delicate?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ebayer" wrote in message
ups.com...
I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
Machine.When I got home my old Maytag started to work again.
I went back and cancelled the order.
On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot.
I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.

Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that
they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the
same.

It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of
other amenities.

I went back to the store and was told since I did not refuse it on
delivery it now is not returnable.

Their manager said to be basically tough luck
I called corporate and was told basically buyer beware or Home Depot
will screw you.

Never again Home depot

Buyer beware, huh? You bought it, you cancelled it, you bought it again
later. You took delivery without inspection.

Sounds to me like you were cautious.

Yeah, right.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 13, 4:29 pm, wrote:
On 13 Feb 2007 13:21:50 -0800, wrote:

wrote:
On 13 Feb 2007 12:45:55 -0800, wrote:

wrote:
[...]

They don't do that. They don't put things on hold.

Well excuse me. It would require all of a few mins to look up the
customers number and ask them if the sub is acceptable. How about
you order a Merceies S500 and the dealer decides to sub a S400,
because they don't make the 500 and now only make the 400? Would that
be OK, or would you want a few bucks back?

If the order arrives at the
warehouse and the stock is gone they sub with the replacement, if them deem it equal
or better..
To delay the order waiting for the customer to ok the sub would **** off more
customers than it would please.-

Well, in this case the OP is claiming the sub doesn't have a delicate
cycle and a multitude of other features. Even if it doesn;t have
just the delicate cycle, it sure sounds like the Benz with the smaller
engine. And that's acceptable to you? Who the hell is HD to decide
to that the OP doesn't need or want the delicate cycle? If these
facts are as stated, HD will lose in small claims in a nano sec.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I bought a pallet of patio brick at home depot that was discounted because
the person that had ordered it before had changed their mind. It had mostly
concrete color brick with some black bricks on top. I specifically asked the
salesman if the price was for the whole pallet. He said he thought it was
for the white brick only but went to check, and came back and told me that
he could give me all the brick on the pallet for that price. We processed
the deal and they delivered the brick, and low and behold, the black brick
were missing. I called and complained and had to really be persistent to
get some of the black brick that were on the pallet, although I never got
exactly what was on the pallet. When they DID agree to give me at least SOME
of the black brick, they wanted ME to come pick them up. Again, I had to go
round and round with them about getting it delivered. Home Depot has some
of the WORST customer service and customer care I've ever seen.
Brian

"Toller" wrote in message
You have got to be telling the story wrong; if you charged it, stop

payment.
If you paid cash, take them to small claims court. It is such an easy win
that they wouldn't think of screwing you like that; so I conclude you must
be telling the story wrong.

"ebayer" wrote in message
ups.com...
I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
Machine.When I got home my old Maytag started to work again.
I went back and cancelled the order.
On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot.
I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.

Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that
they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the
same.

It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of
other amenities.

I went back to the store and was told since I did not refuse it on
delivery it now is not returnable.

Their manager said to be basically tough luck
I called corporate and was told basically buyer beware or Home Depot
will screw you.

Never again Home depot

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Zephyr" Someguy@an email address.com wrote in message
. ..
perhaps they were less than charitable based on your on again off again
ordering status.
maybe they would have been more willing to work with you if you hadn't had
the previous history...?

Dave

That should be irrelivant to how they treat the customer. Bad service is
bad service.
Brian

"ebayer" wrote in message
ups.com...
I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
Machine.When I got home my old Maytag started to work again.
I went back and cancelled the order.
On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot.
I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.

Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that
they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the
same.

It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of
other amenities.

I went back to the store and was told since I did not refuse it on
delivery it now is not returnable.

Their manager said to be basically tough luck
I called corporate and was told basically buyer beware or Home Depot
will screw you.

Never again Home depot

Posted to alt.home.repair

address.com wrote:

[...]

I disagree. Home Depot should have informed the customer BEFORE they
delivered it that it wasnt what was on the order. Again, its poor customer
service and poor attitude of the store, not the customer.

Besides the lacking delicate cycle, what are all the other
"multitude" of features that are different?

I've always had no problems when dealing with HD. Last year I
special ordered a $450 Kohler cast iron kitchen sink. After getting
it home and actually setting it in the opening, I noticed small spider
web like cracks in one corner. It seemed it could have been from
maybe cooling too rapidly after baking, or similar. Didn't look like
a chip, but I was still worried that HD might say I damaged it.
Just took it back and they took care of it, no questions, no problems,
they just ordered up another one.

If they sent a model that is different than the one you bought, then
I'm amazed they would even argue it.

"ebayer" wrote in message
oups.com...
I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
Machine.When I got home my old Maytag started to work again.
I went back and cancelled the order.
On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot.
I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.

Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that
they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the
same.

It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of
other amenities.

I went back to the store and was told since I did not refuse it on
delivery it now is not returnable.

Their manager said to be basically tough luck
I called corporate and was told basically buyer beware or Home Depot
will screw you.

Never again Home depot

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On 13 Feb 2007 13:21:50 -0800, wrote:

On 13 Feb 2007 12:45:55 -0800,

address.com wrote:

[...]

They don't do that. They don't put things on hold. If the order arrives at

the
warehouse and the stock is gone they sub with the replacement, if them

deem it equal
or better..
To delay the order waiting for the customer to ok the sub would **** off

more
customers than it would please.

I highly doubt that. I've had numerous appliances and furniture delivered,
and if something comes in that I didn't order, I do get much more agitated
than if they call me and talked with me first.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pop`" wrote in message
ebayer wrote:
[...]

Evidently you guys dont read too well. The OP said they pulled the old
order up. The model number of the item was on the old order. Again, the
STORE messed up and doesnt care.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message

"ebayer" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

So you going to sit down and read the manual while the delivery guys wait
for an hour for you to make sure it does the same functions? All the while
they are telling you it does the same thing? I doubt it. Again, the store
should NEVER substitute before asking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 13, 8:19 pm, wrote:
On 13 Feb 2007 17:09:16 -0800, wrote:

It's not up to HD to decide to switch models on a buyer and send
something else. If he ordered one model and they wanted to sub
something else when he replaced the order they have to ask if a
different model is acceptable.

They don't do that. They don't put things on hold.

Well excuse me. It would require all of a few mins to look up the
customers number and ask them if the sub is acceptable.

Nonsense.
In this day and age even catching a customer at home is difficult and leaving
callback messages is a huge PITA for stores.

Most customers would want to see the new machine first. Retail stores NEVER phone
about subs. These decisions are based on psychology. Customers are far less likely to
reject a sub once it's on their doorstep.

After my third counter top got de-laminated from the crap flakeboard
they accused me of "countertop abuse"! I have not spent a penny in
there since.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in

"z" wrote in message
oups.com...
I thought this said "Donut Shop Home Depot". Now there's a store I
would shop at.

What? Home Depot has donuts? I'll be there tomorrow morning. I'd
never buy an appliance there, but I like jelly donuts.

What? Home Depot has donuts?

Damn cop cars would be lined up blocking the loading zone...

Hot dog carts at the ones I've been at.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Barney" wrote in news:T%pAh.10315$19.8092
@bignews3.bellsouth.net:

"ebayer" wrote in message
ups.com...
I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
Machine.When I got home my old Maytag started to work again.
I went back and cancelled the order.
On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot.
I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.

Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that
they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the
same.

It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of
other amenities.

what do you wash that is so delicate?

Don't ask such stupid questions. Clothes from the Marv Albert Collection
you silly goose :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Al Bundy" wrote in message
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in

"z" wrote in message
oups.com...
I thought this said "Donut Shop Home Depot". Now there's a store I
would shop at.

What? Home Depot has donuts? I'll be there tomorrow morning. I'd
never buy an appliance there, but I like jelly donuts.

What? Home Depot has donuts?

Damn cop cars would be lined up blocking the loading zone...

Good. At least those guys with the duallies will have to use regular
parking now instead of parking under the overhang for three hours.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

what do you wash that is so delicate?

If you have to ask the question, you would never understand the answer.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 03:29:19 GMT, wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:19:55 -0800,
wrote:

On 13 Feb 2007 17:09:16 -0800,
wrote:

It's not up to HD to decide to switch models on a buyer and send
something else. If he ordered one model and they wanted to sub
something else when he replaced the order they have to ask if a
different model is acceptable.

They don't do that. They don't put things on hold.

Well excuse me. It would require all of a few mins to look up the
customers number and ask them if the sub is acceptable.

Nonsense.
In this day and age even catching a customer at home is difficult and
leaving
callback messages is a huge PITA for stores.

Only if you don't have a cell phone and don't have an answering machine
or voice mail. That pretty much rules out everybody with the ability
to afford a new washing machine.

No it doesn't. Not everyone has, or wants, those damn things. Some of us
either don't like to be findable, or simply have nobody that calls, so never
bothered to get connected. And as to washers- I hauled mine home from Sam's
and installed it my own damn self, thank you.

But having said that- The driver should have been given instructions to get
specific customer permission before they took the substitute off the truck,
if the manager hadn't succeeded in getting verbal permission over the phone.

No argument there. The customer had every right to refuse delivery.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Brian O" wrote in message

| "Pop`" wrote in message
| ebayer wrote:
| I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
| Machine.When I got home my old Maytag started to work again.
| I went back and cancelled the order.
| On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot.
| I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.
|

| Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that
| they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the
| same.
|

| It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of
| other amenities.
|
| I went back to the store and was told since I did not refuse it on
| delivery it now is not returnable.
|

| Their manager said to be basically tough luck
| I called corporate and was told basically buyer beware or Home
Depot
| will screw you.
|
| Never again Home depot
|
| 1. Something wrong with that story.
| 2. You didn't check the part number that was ordered.
| 3. I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot because YOU had a bad
| experience someplace, completely unrelated to me in any way. I like
them.
| But I make sure of what I order.
|
| Evidently you guys dont read too well. The OP said they pulled the
old
| order up. The model number of the item was on the old order. Again,
the
| STORE messed up and doesnt care.

the "new" order would have the model # on it.
if the OP signed the "new" order. then they (HD) is not responsible for
the mis-hap.
on paper
it looks like the OP changed their mind.
(must be a woman)

I do think I purchased "trader4's" kohler sink after he returned it.
crack in corner and caulking around perimeter.
got it for $25 on the bargain table.
it only cost me $100 to reglaze it.
what a deal
just like grossmans bargain outlet
everything is a reject or damaged

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 13, 1:47�pm, "ebayer" wrote:
I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
Machine.When I got home my old Maytag *started to work again.
I went back and cancelled the order.
On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot.
I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.

Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that
they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the
same.

It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of
other amenities.

I went back to the store and was told since I did not refuse it on
delivery it now is not returnable.

Their manager said to be basically tough luck
I called corporate and was told basically buyer beware or Home Depot
will screw you.

Never again Home depot

I NEVER BUY APPLIANCES FROM HOME DEPOT THEIR DELIVERY SYSTEM
CONTRACTED OUT SUCKS!

Call corporate and complain some more, they should of gotten
permission to substitute, beyond which the person waiting for delivery
may not have known about the changes or had been empowered to accept a
substitution.

Lowes is much nicer to deal with for appliances and delivered stuff.

I bought a fridge at home depot they couldnt give me a dlivery window
anytime from 7 am to 7pm or later if were running late. Didnt call me,
I was close by theyjust left fridge on porch

Store manager had promised a call!

If someone did that to me again I would say no signature come get it,
contesting credit card charge!

Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

On Feb 13, 8:13 pm, "Brian O" wrote:
[...]

I bought a sheet of perforated metal, maybe 2 foot square, before
Christmas. Of course, right away my neighbor put all his old radiator
covers out on the curb, which consisted of..... bit pieces of
perforated metal with wooden frames. So I brought the perforated
metal, still in the cardboard wrapper, back to the HD, but I didn't
have my receipt, so I expected that maybe they would sadly decline to
refund. What I didn't expect is that they would scan it and tell me
they don't carry that item, and I must have bought it at Lowes. ?? I
was so stunned that I thought maybe they were right and I was going
insane, so I drove out to Lowes and of course they didn't carry it.

But wait, that's not all; so, a week ago, I go to HD at 11:45 AM and
buy a 7/16 X 3/4 inch bolt out of the big drawer full of 7/16 bolts,
after debating a long time whether I should get the 3/4 inch long or
the 1/2 inch. When I get it home, I see that I could have gotten away
with the 1/2 inch, and being way too anal about these things, went
back to the HD at 2:45 pm (it's only a half mile) and returned the
bolt, since I still had the receipt. Then hustled to the drawer full
of 7/16 bolts, and to my surprise, it was now mostly, with no bolts
under 1 inch long. No little places for them. The label on the front
of the drawer now said, 716 bolts, 1 inch - 3 inches or whatever max
length. All the 1/2 and 3/4 inch long bolts had vanished, in 3
hours. ????

Why is Home Depot trying to Gaslight me??????

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 14 Feb 2007 05:13:12 -0800, "
wrote:

On Feb 13, 1:47?pm, "ebayer" wrote:
I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
Machine.When I got home my old Maytag 3tarted to work again.
[...]

When I bought a washer and dryer last year, I specifically chose a
smaller appliance store that had been here a long time. That was
definitely NOT Home Depot. This place (Western Auto) has salespeople
who actually knew about washers and dryers.

BTW, that did matter when the dryer quit heating 5 weeks later. They
sent someone out that day.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

I notice you sniped the most relevant part of my post so you could make
this silly
post. If you dislike a companies policies DON"T shop there. It's up to
YOU, the
customer, to educate yourself about those policies.

Amen, brother. Going to Home Depot and bitching about things is like going
to a whore house and complaining about the behavior.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:37:35 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

When I bought a washer and dryer last year, I specifically chose a
smaller appliance store that had been here a long time. That was
definitely NOT Home Depot. This place (Western Auto) has salespeople
who actually knew about washers and dryers.

Do they install them in cars? Couldn't resist...hehe.

OMIGAWD, do they still have Western Auto Stores?

When I was a kid, I always went there to buy bike parts. They had quite an
assortment of all sorts of things, as I recall.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Something's missing here.
I work for HD and I can tell you for a fact that they would NEVER stiff
a customer over something like this.
In fact, they are SO amenable they get ripped off by customers in ways I
never would've imagined.

The policy is 30 day return with receipt, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. PERIOD.

Even special orders are returnable but there is a 15% restocking charge.

This guy is lying thru his teeth.

Home Depot Ha-Ha Al Bundy Home Repair 4 October 6th 06 05:17 AM
FREE Home Depot Home Improvement How-To-Guide [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 2nd 06 11:06 PM
Home Depot at home services, any good reports? [email protected] Home Repair 8 January 20th 05 07:27 PM
Welcome to Home Depot Bob Schmall Woodworking 4 November 8th 04 10:01 PM