Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Default do not shop home depot

On Feb 13, 8:13 pm, "Brian O" wrote:
I bought a pallet of patio brick at home depot that was discounted because
the person that had ordered it before had changed their mind. It had mostly
concrete color brick with some black bricks on top. I specifically asked the
salesman if the price was for the whole pallet. He said he thought it was
for the white brick only but went to check, and came back and told me that
he could give me all the brick on the pallet for that price. We processed
the deal and they delivered the brick, and low and behold, the black brick
were missing. I called and complained and had to really be persistent to
get some of the black brick that were on the pallet, although I never got
exactly what was on the pallet. When they DID agree to give me at least SOME
of the black brick, they wanted ME to come pick them up. Again, I had to go
round and round with them about getting it delivered. Home Depot has some
of the WORST customer service and customer care I've ever seen.
Brian

I bought a sheet of perforated metal, maybe 2 foot square, before
Christmas. Of course, right away my neighbor put all his old radiator
covers out on the curb, which consisted of..... bit pieces of
perforated metal with wooden frames. So I brought the perforated
metal, still in the cardboard wrapper, back to the HD, but I didn't
have my receipt, so I expected that maybe they would sadly decline to
refund. What I didn't expect is that they would scan it and tell me
they don't carry that item, and I must have bought it at Lowes. ?? I
was so stunned that I thought maybe they were right and I was going
insane, so I drove out to Lowes and of course they didn't carry it.

But wait, that's not all; so, a week ago, I go to HD at 11:45 AM and
buy a 7/16 X 3/4 inch bolt out of the big drawer full of 7/16 bolts,
after debating a long time whether I should get the 3/4 inch long or
the 1/2 inch. When I get it home, I see that I could have gotten away
with the 1/2 inch, and being way too anal about these things, went
back to the HD at 2:45 pm (it's only a half mile) and returned the
bolt, since I still had the receipt. Then hustled to the drawer full
of 7/16 bolts, and to my surprise, it was now mostly, with no bolts
under 1 inch long. No little places for them. The label on the front
of the drawer now said, 716 bolts, 1 inch - 3 inches or whatever max
length. All the 1/2 and 3/4 inch long bolts had vanished, in 3
hours. ????

Why is Home Depot trying to Gaslight me??????