Bob Schmall

Default Welcome to Home Depot

A gleaming new HD opened in our little town three weeks ago. They're having
a glorious grand opening now. I went in for three (3) four-step stringers,
pre-cut. They are out of inventory already.

Bob, looking forward to many more satisfying years of customerhood.

cm

If you think HD is the low price leader on everything you will be wrong. We
shop at one or two HD's per day and several Ace and True Value stores per
day in our business and often times find many items for less at the small
stores.

Convience often dictates where we shop on most items not price, but I have
noticed many items are less at the small hardware store.

my .02,

AZCRAIG

www.azcraig.us

"Bob Schmall" wrote in message
A gleaming new HD opened in our little town three weeks ago. They're having
a glorious grand opening now. I went in for three (3) four-step stringers,
pre-cut. They are out of inventory already.

Bob, looking forward to many more satisfying years of customerhood.

Ba r r y

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 14:51:49 -0600, "Bob Schmall"
wrote:

A gleaming new HD opened in our little town three weeks ago. They're having
a glorious grand opening now. I went in for three (3) four-step stringers,
pre-cut. They are out of inventory already.

Bob, looking forward to many more satisfying years of customerhood.

Our local store was horrible for the first 6-8 months. It did get a
lot better in time.

I still prefer local paint, electrical, plumbing and hardware stores,
but usually end up in the BORG out of hours.

Barry

B Man

I stopped shopping at the HD stores in our area a long time ago.

1) They have a lot - of the same thing. Not much on variety at all
2) 1 or 2 lines max on just about anything & prices are high.
3) Cheap (quality) prevails - Ryobi? You gotta be kidding.
4) Good luck on plywoods - partical board and other cheap crap prevail

You get the warehouse feeling, without the warehouse pricing or variety.
Try talking to a "professional" there - the advice I've gotten there has
always been pretty bad.

I go to specialty shops for everything. They know what they're talking
about, and you get variety, and you get a reasonable price. I don't mind
paying for what I'm getting. What I don't like is when they paint it orange
and try to tell you that it's really top notch.

Brian

"Bob Schmall" wrote in message
A gleaming new HD opened in our little town three weeks ago. They're having
a glorious grand opening now. I went in for three (3) four-step stringers,
pre-cut. They are out of inventory already.

Bob, looking forward to many more satisfying years of customerhood.

patrick conroy

"B Man" wrote in message

You get the warehouse feeling,

"You've got that warehouse feeling!