Dick Snyder

Default Great tool prices at Home Depot

This group seems fixated on saying bad things about Home Depot but I
will buck the trend and say something good. I have had my eye on a
Ryobi oscillating spindle sander that was Christmas priced at $99. The
price dropped recently to $87 (in Massachusetts anyway) so I went to
buy it. I found an unannounced sale of 20% off all power tools today
so I got the sander for $69. My point though is that if you have been
eyeing any power tools at Home Depot, they are all 20% off (discount
taken at the register - you won't see it marked on the tools). I don't
konw if this is nationwide or just in Massachusetts.

Frank Ketchum

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
This group seems fixated on saying bad things about Home Depot but I
will buck the trend and say something good. I have had my eye on a
Ryobi oscillating spindle sander that was Christmas priced at $99. The
price dropped recently to $87 (in Massachusetts anyway) so I went to
buy it. I found an unannounced sale of 20% off all power tools today
so I got the sander for $69. My point though is that if you have been
eyeing any power tools at Home Depot, they are all 20% off (discount
taken at the register - you won't see it marked on the tools). I don't
konw if this is nationwide or just in Massachusetts.

I for one don't have problems with home depot like some drone on and on
about. Then again, I understand that HD is designed to cater to your
average home improvement schlub. It has never intended to be a woodworking
supply store. Also, I have never had a problem returning anything to them
under any circumstance. This makes me happy!

Viva la BORG!

Frank

Grandpa

You know of course that your post to this NG just cost me $558 +tax,
like I'm really complaining. I bought the BT3100 and the Rigid JP0610
Jointer. Saved $150 though! Wife has to work late tonight so I think
I'll go back and snoop a little just for grins.

Dick Snyder wrote:

This group seems fixated on saying bad things about Home Depot but I
will buck the trend and say something good. I have had my eye on a
Ryobi oscillating spindle sander that was Christmas priced at $99. The
price dropped recently to $87 (in Massachusetts anyway) so I went to
buy it. I found an unannounced sale of 20% off all power tools today
so I got the sander for $69. My point though is that if you have been
eyeing any power tools at Home Depot, they are all 20% off (discount
taken at the register - you won't see it marked on the tools). I don't
konw if this is nationwide or just in Massachusetts.

Lee Gordon

Frank ...

I for one don't have problems with home depot like some drone on and on
about. Then again, I understand that HD is designed to cater to your
average home improvement schlub. It has never intended to be a woodworking
supply store.

I have no problem with them either, except that by patronizing Home Depot I
might run afoul of the folks over in the Trading Spaces newsgroup where
there's a move afoot to send a message to the sponsors protesting the
"designs" of Hildi Santo-Thomas.
But thanks to THIS newsgroup I was able to save $40 on my new Porter Cable
biscuit joiner (just like Norm's).

Lee