B Man

I stopped shopping at the HD stores in our area a long time ago.

1) They have a lot - of the same thing. Not much on variety at all
2) 1 or 2 lines max on just about anything & prices are high.
3) Cheap (quality) prevails - Ryobi? You gotta be kidding.
4) Good luck on plywoods - partical board and other cheap crap prevail

You get the warehouse feeling, without the warehouse pricing or variety.
Try talking to a "professional" there - the advice I've gotten there has
always been pretty bad.

I go to specialty shops for everything. They know what they're talking
about, and you get variety, and you get a reasonable price. I don't mind
paying for what I'm getting. What I don't like is when they paint it orange
and try to tell you that it's really top notch.

Brian

"Bob Schmall" wrote in message
A gleaming new HD opened in our little town three weeks ago. They're having
a glorious grand opening now. I went in for three (3) four-step stringers,
pre-cut. They are out of inventory already.

Bob, looking forward to many more satisfying years of customerhood.