Posted to alt.home.repair

Default do not shop home depot

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:19:55 -0800,
wrote:

On 13 Feb 2007 17:09:16 -0800,
wrote:

It's not up to HD to decide to switch models on a buyer and send
something else. If he ordered one model and they wanted to sub
something else when he replaced the order they have to ask if a
different model is acceptable.

They don't do that. They don't put things on hold.

Well excuse me. It would require all of a few mins to look up the
customers number and ask them if the sub is acceptable.

Nonsense.
In this day and age even catching a customer at home is difficult and
leaving
callback messages is a huge PITA for stores.

Only if you don't have a cell phone and don't have an answering machine
or voice mail. That pretty much rules out everybody with the ability
to afford a new washing machine.

No it doesn't. Not everyone has, or wants, those damn things. Some of us
either don't like to be findable, or simply have nobody that calls, so never
bothered to get connected. And as to washers- I hauled mine home from Sam's
and installed it my own damn self, thank you.

But having said that- The driver should have been given instructions to get
specific customer permission before they took the substitute off the truck,
if the manager hadn't succeeded in getting verbal permission over the phone.

aem sends...