Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default do not shop home depot

On 14 Feb 2007 05:13:12 -0800, "
wrote:

On Feb 13, 1:47?pm, "ebayer" wrote:
I went to home depot on 1/23/2007 and purchased a Maytag Washing
Machine.When I got home my old Maytag 3tarted to work again.
I went back and cancelled the order.
On 2/9/2007 it died so I went back to Home Depot.
I had them look up my purchase and they reissued the the Item.

Today 2/13-2007 it was received but little did I notice that
they substituted with a different model that they assure me is the
same.

It is not the same and has no delicate wash plus a multitude of
other amenities.

I went back to the store and was told since I did not refuse it on
delivery it now is not returnable.

Their manager said to be basically tough luck
I called corporate and was told basically buyer beware or Home Depot
will screw you.

Never again Home depot

I NEVER BUY APPLIANCES FROM HOME DEPOT THEIR DELIVERY SYSTEM
CONTRACTED OUT SUCKS!

Call corporate and complain some more, they should of gotten
permission to substitute, beyond which the person waiting for delivery
may not have known about the changes or had been empowered to accept a
substitution.

Lowes is much nicer to deal with for appliances and delivered stuff.

I bought a fridge at home depot they couldnt give me a dlivery window
anytime from 7 am to 7pm or later if were running late. Didnt call me,
I was close by theyjust left fridge on porch

Store manager had promised a call!

If someone did that to me again I would say no signature come get it,
contesting credit card charge!

When I bought a washer and dryer last year, I specifically chose a
smaller appliance store that had been here a long time. That was
definitely NOT Home Depot. This place (Western Auto) has salespeople
who actually knew about washers and dryers.

BTW, that did matter when the dryer quit heating 5 weeks later. They
sent someone out that day.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com