no spam

Default OT but very important to us all

Serious reading, folks!

HISTORY TEST
Please pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following multiple choice
test. The events are actual cuts from past history. They actually
happened!!!

Do you remember?

-1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by
a. Superman
b. Jay Leno
c. Harry Potter
d. a Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40

1. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by
a. Olga Corbett
b. Sitting Bull
c. Arnold Schwarzenegger
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:
a. Lost Norwegians
b. Elvis
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

3.During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
a. John Dillinger
b. The King of Sweden
c. The Boy Scouts
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

4. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
a. A pizza delivery boy
b. Pee Wee Herman
c. Geraldo Rivera
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

5. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old
American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:
a. The Smurfs
b. Davy Jones
c. The Little Mermaid
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

6.In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying
to rescue passengers was murdered by:
a. Captain Kidd
b. Charles Lindberg
c. Mother Teresa
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

7.In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
a. Scooby Doo
b. The Tooth Fairy
c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

8. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
a. Richard Simmons
b. Grandma Moses
c. Michael Jordan
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

9.In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
a. Mr. Rogers
b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill' s women problems
c. The World Wrestling Federation
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

10.On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to
take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into
the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the
passengers.Thousands of
people were killed by:
a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
b. The Supreme Court of Florida
c. Mr. Bean
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

11.In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
a. Enron
b. The Lutheran Church
c. The NFL
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

12. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
a. Bonnie and Clyde
b. Captain Kangaroo
c. Billy Graham
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

Nope, .....I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you?

So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent
on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to
profile certain people. They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old
women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents
who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen
with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winning and former Governor Joe Foss,
but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone lest they be guilty
of profiling.

Let's send this to as many people as we can so that the Gloria Aldreds along
with Federal Justices that want to thwart common sense, feel doubly ashamed
of themselves - if they have any such sense.

As the writer of the award winning story "Forrest Gump" so aptly put it,
"Stupid is as stupid does."

Come on people wake up!!!
Keep this going. Pass it on to everyone in your address book.
Our Country and our troops need our support!

mp

Serious reading, folks!

And you're one serious racist.

Unisaw A100

Abe

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 01:02:08 -0800, "mp" wrote:

Serious reading, folks!

And you're one serious racist.

-----------------
I don't think so the OP's statements are racist at all. I'm a died in
the wool liberal, and the last to condemn a group based on the actions
of a moderately few extremists. What the OP says is historically true.
To take it back even further, the Muslim extremist Jihad against
America began when Israel was formed, and the US became an official
ally. I think it's important that we're an ally of Israel, the one
sane and democratic country in that part of the world.

Political correctness has, and is, being taken too far in the airport
screening process. That's my opinion as well.

Dan White

"mp" wrote in message
Serious reading, folks!

And you're one serious racist.

I thought "Muslim" referred to a religion, not a race. The largest
population of Muslims is in Asia, not the Middle East, so who is the OP
being racist against? You could stretch the definition of "racist" to
religion, I know, but it is a real stretch in this case, IMO.

I think the OP is frustrated with political correctness, but I have a
suspicion that the people in the field doing the work are profiling anyway,
and at least paying lip service to the profiling for political reasons.

dwhite

Doug Miller

In article , "mp" wrote:
Serious reading, folks!

And you're one serious racist.

What, exactly, is racist in stating the _plain_fact_ that all of the acts of
terrorism cited were indeed committed by Muslim male extremists mostly between
the ages of 17 and 40?

--
Regards,

Doug Miller

In article , "Dan White" wrote:

I think the OP is frustrated with political correctness, but I have a
suspicion that the people in the field doing the work are profiling anyway,
and at least paying lip service to the profiling for political reasons.

I certainly hope so.

--
Regards,

Doug Miller

In article , Tim wrote:

ROTFLMAO!! You change the title to "Don't post this crap here" while you
repost the entire thing! (I'm leaving the repost instact deliberately, BTW,
because I agree with it.)

"no spam" wrote:
[...]

Frank Ketchum

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. com...

What, exactly, is racist in stating the _plain_fact_ that all of the acts
of
terrorism cited were indeed committed by Muslim male extremists mostly
between
the ages of 17 and 40?

It's the sad result of the term "racist" being bandied around by every
half-wit who cannot participate in a point by point debate. By calling
things racism when they clearly are not, it dillutes the very serious
meaning of the word. In our society today, the term racism is so overly
used that idiots now think that everything is racism. It is a true pity
because real racism still exists and the seriousness of the charge is being
eroded. So now, statement of historical fact is racism, even if the
historical fact has no reference to race in it. At this rate, racism will
become a word which no longer has any practical meaning to people.

Frank

Robatoy

In article ,
Abe wrote:

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 01:02:08 -0800, "mp" wrote:

Serious reading, folks!

And you're one serious racist.

-----------------
I don't think so the OP's statements are racist at all. I'm a died in
the wool liberal,

Abe, no offense and I am not trying to be grammar/spelling cop here, but
if you really meant 'died' vs 'dyed' it would mean that there wasn't a
compassionate conservative nearby willing to pull you out of the wool
and save your life? G

[snip]
I think it's important that we're an ally of Israel, the one
sane and democratic country in that part of the world.

"It is not anti-Semitic to criticize the policies of the state of
Israel." -- Colin Powell

If anybody wants to talk racism, look at the wholesale slaughter of
Palestinians by the Israelis. Sure, there are some real *******s among
the Palestinians, probably in the same ratio as there are some real
*******s calling themselves Neo Nazi Skinheads in the USA.
If you're an Arab, to an Israeli you're scum. THAT is racial profiling.

Funny thing is, that true, devout, educated Jews disagree with the
Zionist policies of the State Of Israel. They don't think that the
return to the Holy Land, as promised by God, was supposed to happen by
man's decision, but by God's grace when He is ready. Many believe that
the Zionists are trying to force God's hand!

The control that Israel has over the neo conservatives in the current
and other administrations is directly proportional to campaign
contrubutions and defense/oil contracts.

What fundamentally is wrong, IMHO, manifests itself by there now being
Blue and Red States. You're either one or the other. I say bull****.

The whole country should be purple! ( Barrack Obama)

This Dutch born and educated dude, who now lives in Canada with a lot of
my family living in the USA, with most of his friends living in the USA
(most ex-military) thinks that too many people are missing the point.....

In my business dealings I have discovered that there are assholes
amongst all races and colours and religions and ages and genders.

In my business dealings I have discovered that there are wonderful
people amongst all races and colours and religions and ages and genders.

It's MY job to sort them out.

Holy ****...look at the time, will ya?

GONE

0?0

Rob
Stephen M

And you're one serious racist.

What, exactly, is racist in stating the _plain_fact_ that all of the acts

of
terrorism cited were indeed committed by Muslim male extremists mostly

between
the ages of 17 and 40?

He meant biggot.

What's wrong with it is the implied conclusion that all muslims are
murderers and/or terrorists.

There are probably as many blond people on the planet as muslims.
It is a logical fallicy to name 12 blond people who are *ssholes and say
"connect the dots...."

Which is not to say that that I am completely against the use of profiling
to allow law enforcement to efficiently use it's resources, however the OP's
comments are inflamatory and border on hate mongering.

-Steve

Robatoy

In article ,
"Bob Schmall" wrote:

[major snipperectomy]

Get the point?

Got it.
Doug Miller

In article , "Stephen M" wrote:
And you're one serious racist.

What, exactly, is racist in stating the _plain_fact_ that all of the acts

of
terrorism cited were indeed committed by Muslim male extremists mostly

between
the ages of 17 and 40?

He meant biggot.

What's wrong with it is the implied conclusion that all muslims are
murderers and/or terrorists.

There is no such conclusion implied. You're looking at this from the wrong
direction. It is obviously incorrect to suppose that all Muslims are
terrorists; however, it is equally obvious that nearly all terrorists are
Muslims, primarily Muslims from the middle east. And thus, if you're trying to
find terrorists, it clearly makes more sense to look for them among middle
eastern Muslims than among Scandinavian Christians or southeast Asian
Buddhists.

--
Regards,

Dave Hinz

I knew you were going to say that.

AAvK

That is an excellent thinking you have on breaking up the poison of "stereotype"!
I wholly (did I spell that right?) agree.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

AAvK

An empty space? separating you from that which is "other" in a specific belief?

I like you A100, you offer a good brotherhood in helping other people in this
group that need it, with whatever knowledge you have, in a down to Earth and
positive way. That is really good of you. I know I don't know you from Adam,
but what I said is based on what I have read of you in this group, and I hope you
keep it up.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Bob Schmall

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Bob Schmall" wrote:

[major snipperectomy]

Get the point?

Got it.

Good--explain it to Frank.

AAvK

Thanks for including the word "extremists" in that, Doug... I think
that's a key word in the argument....
From what I understand, the muslim religion abhors the type of killing
that terrorists do and that most of what folks like Bin Laden (sp?)
preach is actually against the real muslim religion..
mac Please remove splinters before emailing

Yeah...heh heh...if you only knew what the Q'uran involves in it's doctrine for
"real muslim religion"... those terrorists are doing what it says, as learning
from the Q'uran. Much of that doctrine adds up to the conclusions they come
to do in anti-human actions as justified in Islam, based on what that book says.
If one is a Christian or a Jew or an idol worshiper or a Buddhist then they are
"the enemy" and deserve to die. Just because the Q'uran says so... that is a part
of it.

I, therefore, am "the enemy" by the doctrine of the Q'uran and deserve to die,
because of what I believe in religiously that is "other than" the holy Q'uran.

This is while they pine away for the innocents and justification that the Jews
and Christians already have... the terrorist muslims are totaly full of it for what
they do, and possibly why they do it based upon how they interpret their book.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Note crossposting and follow-ups.

I disagree about OP being racist. Instead, he's a religious bigot.

Abe wrote:

I don't think so the OP's statements are racist at all. I'm a died in
the wool liberal, and the last to condemn a group based on the

actions
of a moderately few extremists. What the OP says is historically

true.
To take it back even further, the Muslim extremist Jihad against
America began when Israel was formed, and the US became an official
ally. I think it's important that we're an ally of Israel, the one
sane and democratic country in that part of the world.

Political correctness has, and is, being taken too far in the airport
screening process. That's my opinion as well.

What you are missing is the concept of the ability of a test to
discriminate in the objective, rather than the political sense.

How many Muslim men between the ages of 17 and 40 fly on airliners
each year? Twenty, Thirty, Fourty million perhaps? If you use
'Muslim man between the age of 17 and 40' as a screening criterion
you're literally playing a million to one shot. Besides, I
don't think anyone's passport, visa or driver's license is
going to say 'Muslim' on it.

Aside from that, if it is known that security is concentrating
on a particular 'type' then any potential perpetrator will simply
avoid appearing like that type and so will then have a smaller
chance of being caught. Most 'Muslim men between 17 and 40'
could easily pass for Italians, Greeks, Spainards, Armenians,
Cypriots, etc, or some other religious persuation.

In some respects, this is like pre-employment drug screening.
If the testing really has a deterrant effect, then the only
positive tests will be false positives because no drug addicts
will take the test.

--

FF

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "mp"

wrote:
Serious reading, folks!

And you're one serious racist.

What, exactly, is racist in stating the _plain_fact_ that all of the

acts of
terrorism cited were indeed committed by Muslim male extremists

mostly between
the ages of 17 and 40?

The restriction of examples to only acts comited by 'Muslim men
between the ages of 17 and 40'.

One could compile a similar list of Israeli, Sub-Saharran African,
Serbian, Indonesian, or American criminal acts, with but a little
research.

Think about how long the KKK operated its guerilla war here in
the US. Would profiling white Protestant males between the
ages of 17 and 40 have helped?

--

FF

George

"AAvK" wrote in message

That is an excellent thinking you have on breaking up the poison of

"stereotype"!
I wholly (did I spell that right?) agree.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
http://www.e-sword.net/

Unfortunately, we learn by analogy, and another way of defining that is to
say stereotype.

Are you saying if it looks, walks, quacks, we shouldn't stereotype it as a
duck? Sure would make all experience brand new.

Dave Hinz

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 09:20:25 -0800, AAvK wrote:

An empty space? separating you from that which is "other" in a specific belief?

It's his standard response to what he sees as excessively off-topic posts.

I like you A100, you offer a good brotherhood in helping other people in this
group that need it, with whatever knowledge you have, in a down to Earth and
positive way.

And he gave me free wood (which is half used up, by the way, thanks).

Frank Ketchum

"Bob Schmall" wrote in message

Nope. Frank, go back to my intro and try again.

Yes Bob, I read the intro the first time. I have seen both of these posts
elsewhere. The point of the second is valid that selective snippets of
history can be used to shape opinion. There is no doubt that this is true.
However, providing examples of this obvious fact does not explain away the
occurrences referenced by the first post.

Frank

AAvK

Unfortunately, we learn by analogy, and another way of defining that is to
say stereotype.

Are you saying if it looks, walks, quacks, we shouldn't stereotype it as a
duck? Sure would make all experience brand new.

Whatsamattah...? Didn't you fully read Robatoy's text? My reply was my
appreciation of what he had to say there, no judgment intended.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 09:34:43 -0800, "AAvK" wrote:

Thanks for including the word "extremists" in that, Doug... I think
that's a key word in the argument....
From what I understand, the muslim religion abhors the type of killing
that terrorists do and that most of what folks like Bin Laden (sp?)
preach is actually against the real muslim religion..
mac Please remove splinters before emailing

Yeah...heh heh...if you only knew what the Q'uran involves in it's doctrine for
"real muslim religion"... those terrorists are doing what it says, as learning
from the Q'uran.

Like hell!
The Koran has very specific prohibitions against 'terrorist' actions.
While it recognizes all non-believers as enemies of Islam, it imposes
limits on the methods which may be used to oppose, or fight, them.

For example:

[2.190] And fight in the way of Allah with those who fight with you,
and do not exceed the limits, surely Allah does not love those who
exceed the limits.

or again:

[18.74] So they went on until, when they met a boy, he slew him.
(Musa) said: Have you slain an innocent person otherwise than for
manslaughter? Certainly you have done an evil thing.

Qur'an 2.190, 18.74
(Shakir Translation)

The most commonly quoted Koranic justification for killing
non-believers is in 2.191 "slay them wherever you find them." However
if you read the entire Surah (chapter) the context makes it clear that
this refers only to those who are actively in arms against Islam and
that excessive killing is forbidden.

Even more than the Bible the Koran is a very situational book. Much of
it deals with Mohammed's pronouncements on specific cases at specific
times and places. That means that, like the Bible, if you comb through
it you can find verses which seem to support all kinds of practices.
The Haidth (traditions) is even worse for that.

Unfortunately in the wake of 9/11 some people, mostly Christian
fundamentalists, have taken to searching out verses, Haidth and
incidents from Islamic history which give a preverse picture of Islam.

This is not to say that Islam is a religion of tolerance and brotherly
love. It is not, in general. Islam is a very complex phenomenon and it
speaks with many voices. However there is a general consensus within
Islam about what is an is not acceptable.

Osama bin Nutcase and his ilk are definitely well beyond the pale.

--RC
"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.
mp

This is while they pine away for the innocents and justification that the
Jews
and Christians already have... the terrorist muslims are totaly full of it
for what
they do, and possibly why they do it based upon how they interpret their
book.

Have you ever entertained the possibility that Western foreign policy
towards the middle east might have more to do with the root causes of
terrorism than an interpretation of a religious text? Or have you fallen for
the "they hate our freedoms" Bushspeak?

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 11:45:31 -0800, "mp" wrote:

This is while they pine away for the innocents and justification that the
Jews
and Christians already have... the terrorist muslims are totaly full of it
for what
they do, and possibly why they do it based upon how they interpret their
book.

Have you ever entertained the possibility that Western foreign policy
towards the middle east might have more to do with the root causes of
terrorism than an interpretation of a religious text?

Only if he's severely misled.

Or have you fallen for the "they hate our freedoms" Bushspeak?

Some of the Osama bin Fruitcake school most definitely hate us for our
freedoms and they're not shy about saying so.

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.
AAvK

Some of the Osama bin Fruitcake school most definitely hate us for our
freedoms and they're not shy about saying so.

I don't "fall" for any generalized propaganda slash commentary from anyone.
With the Musslim terrorists I think it is envy, pure and simple. There is not
even any real enough reason to go killing innocent people, unless it is a system
of reasoning that is deriven of ENVY. Our country and freedoms are superior
to theirs. Here (USA) you can get FAT living in the streets eating at missions
for crap's sakes. It's awesome and beautiful here. What they have is constant
theocrasy dominating them with religious guilt, therefore oppression and
therefore madness, it just doesn't work. This country is well designed. No
wonder they go blood crazy.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

AAvK

You could compare what I am trying to say with the example of the crusaders
murdering people in the name of Christ, such as Musslims. It isn't God's
command anywhere in the new testament. Their reasoning was long deriven
of Christian precepts that had their beginnings in the Holy Bible. Simple as
that. One load of crap builds upon another, and on and on until principle and
the very basis of original truth is lost in mental delusion... then becoming fed
by political reasons... out of which comes murder of innocents basecd on
what they "think" is real religious purpose. So you can see that some exacting
things wind up not mattering too much. They still believe the way I'm talking
about.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:57:22 -0800, "AAvK" wrote:

Some of the Osama bin Fruitcake school most definitely hate us for our
freedoms and they're not shy about saying so.

I don't "fall" for any generalized propaganda slash commentary from anyone.

As well you should not. Especially where Islam is concerned.

One of the things most people don't appreciate about Islam is just how
big that tent really is. (Jokes about camels pushing their noses in
will be ruthlessly ignored.) It's very hard to paint an accurate
picture.

With the Musslim terrorists I think it is envy, pure and simple.

There's envy all right, but it is neither pure nor simple.
Basically the problem for the Muslim extremists, terrorists or not, is
that Arab Islam has not been able to adapt successfully to the modern
world. In fact that's a problem for most of the Islamic world.

They have been wrestling with the problem for more than 150 years and
the result in some quarters is frustration, rage, a sense of impotence
and a burning desire to strike out at the rest of the world.

There is not even any real enough reason to go killing innocent people, unless it is a system
of reasoning that is deriven of ENVY. Our country and freedoms are superior
to theirs. Here (USA) you can get FAT living in the streets eating at missions
for crap's sakes. It's awesome and beautiful here. What they have is constant
theocrasy dominating them with religious guilt, therefore oppression and
therefore madness, it just doesn't work. This country is well designed. No
wonder they go blood crazy.

Well, a very few of them do anyway.

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.

Doug Miller

In article , take out 'takeout' to reply wrote:

But on the original question: What do you think the impact would be if
every Arab or Muslim were pulled out of line at the airport and given
a special search?

One obvious result is that we'd catch more terrorists....

--
Regards,

AAvK

One obvious result is that we'd catch more terrorists....

With what these Musslims do to innocent people as "actual" compared to what
the Nazis merely "thought" (and still think) of the Jews, if this so entirely for
real and as dangerous as death to innocents, then I don't see why not. This is
an emergency!!!

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Okay (he sez, top-posting and following up on his own post)

If you want to see the mainstream Muslim attitude toward terrorism, go
to this site:

http://www.islamfortoday.com/terrorism.htm

This is the best summation of contemporary religious opinion, Koranic
scholarship and such I've found in one place. What's represented here
isn't the full spectrum of Islamic opinion, but it is most definitely
the opinion of the vast, overwhelming majority of the Muslim scholars
and community.

--RC

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:21:31 GMT, wrote:

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 09:34:43 -0800, "AAvK" wrote:

Thanks for including the word "extremists" in that, Doug... I think
that's a key word in the argument....
From what I understand, the muslim religion abhors the type of killing
[...]

tony stramella

This is not the proper forum for this.

Dave Hinz

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:07:46 -0500, tony stramella wrote:
This is not the proper forum for this.

For what, Tony? Lots of posts in this thread, which one are you
answering?

Urgent and vitally important party shoes question! Abso UK diy 9 January 7th 05 12:02 PM
What is the most important Ray Sandusky Woodturning 34 November 17th 04 02:47 AM
Important! Jack Electronics Repair 4 October 24th 03 09:01 PM
Important Tip Jim Stewart Metalworking 2 September 14th 03 07:11 AM