On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 07:52:10 -0800, mac davis
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 14:01:46 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , "mp" wrote:
Serious reading, folks!

And you're one serious racist.

What, exactly, is racist in stating the _plain_fact_ that all of the acts of
terrorism cited were indeed committed by Muslim male extremists mostly between
the ages of 17 and 40?

Thanks for including the word "extremists" in that, Doug... I think
that's a key word in the argument....
From what I understand, the muslim religion abhors the type of killing
that terrorists do and that most of what folks like Bin Laden (sp?)
preach is actually against the real muslim religion..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Random killing of unarmed people is indeed anti-Islam. The hoops that
these guys jump through to try to justify what they're doing under
Islamic law are truly remarkable.

But keep in mind there's a lot in many brands of fundamentalist Islam
which is against the traditional tenets of Islam. So the implication
is more complex than we would expect.

But on the original question: What do you think the impact would be if
every Arab or Muslim were pulled out of line at the airport and given
a special search?

I think there's a balance that needs to be struck here.

--RC

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.