Abso

Holly wrote:

Hi and Happy New Year to all,
I have a last minute party shoes problem! Now I'm not usually a fancy
shoes and high heels person but tonight is to be the exception. I'm
not good at walking with heels at the best of times but these shoes
are mules, ie open at the back, so flip up and down a bit like flip
flops. The insides of the shoes are very slippery and this combined
with tights makes the shoes slip around and it is difficult to keep
them on. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could put inside the
shoes to give more friction but without being sticky? Got some
insoles but they are a bit thick so make the shoes a bit tight and in
any case are only slightly less slippery. I wondered about a thin
smear of clear silicon/acrylic allowed to dry. Any other good DIY
ideas please?

Velcro. Just wear some nice knee high wooly socks and those there
boots ain't comin' off for no-one. Sorted.

HTH, etc..
John Borman

how about non setting glue, such as the stuff you get in spray cans ;o)
sorry couldn't be more helpful haven't really had this problem myself, have
a good new year and hope your shoes don't slip off ;o)
"Abso" wrote in message
Holly wrote:

[...]

Cicero

"Holly" wrote in message
Hi and Happy New Year to all,
I have a last minute party shoes problem! Now I'm not usually a fancy
shoes and high heels person but tonight is to be the exception. I'm not
good at walking with heels at the best of times but these shoes are
mules, ie open at the back, so flip up and down a bit like flip flops.
The insides of the shoes are very slippery and this combined with tights
makes the shoes slip around and it is difficult to keep them on.
Does anyone have any ideas of what I could put inside the shoes to give
more friction but without being sticky? Got some insoles but they are a
bit thick so make the shoes a bit tight and in any case are only
slightly less slippery. I wondered about a thin smear of clear
silicon/acrylic allowed to dry. Any other good DIY ideas please?
TIA
Holly

=================
Double sided carpet tape. Brush over with a woollen glove to reduce the
'stickiness'.

Cic.

Bob Eager

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 12:04:15 UTC, "Holly" wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could put inside the shoes to give
more friction but without being sticky? Got some insoles but they are a
bit thick so make the shoes a bit tight and in any case are only
slightly less slippery. I wondered about a thin smear of clear
silicon/acrylic allowed to dry. Any other good DIY ideas please?

How about a thin coat of dilute PVA, left to dry?

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!

Richard Sterry

"Holly" wrote in message
Hi and Happy New Year to all,
I have a last minute party shoes problem! Now I'm not usually a fancy
shoes and high heels person but tonight is to be the exception. I'm not
good at walking with heels at the best of times but these shoes are
mules, ie open at the back, so flip up and down a bit like flip flops.
The insides of the shoes are very slippery and this combined with tights
makes the shoes slip around and it is difficult to keep them on.
Does anyone have any ideas of what I could put inside the shoes to give
more friction but without being sticky? Got some insoles but they are a
bit thick so make the shoes a bit tight and in any case are only
slightly less slippery. I wondered about a thin smear of clear
silicon/acrylic allowed to dry. Any other good DIY ideas please?
TIA
Holly

Well, you could try spraying in a little 3M Spray Mount. It's designed to
stick photographic prints and artwork etc. up in displays, temporarily if
needed, and to allow initial repositioning. It is not a glue as such - you
can remove the prints even after some time. It just gives a surface
tackiness, so if you sprayed it inside the shoes (but not on the tights) it
should do the job. Might go with tacky party shoes! {Gaffaw}

It will wear off in time, but if you had to reapply it from time to time it
would be no great hardship. A 400ml can should last you ages!

See http://tinyurl.com/4q6sh for some info - it's the blue can. You can find
it in artists' materials shops, decent stationers, etc.. I know, 'cos I've
got some.

HTH

Rick

S Viemeister

Holly wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could put inside the shoes to give
more friction but without being sticky? Got some insoles but they are a
bit thick so make the shoes a bit tight and in any case are only
slightly less slippery. I wondered about a thin smear of clear
silicon/acrylic allowed to dry. Any other good DIY ideas please?

If the sticky suggestions don't work, you could try attaching heel straps
made of the clear, thin, flat elastic often used in lingerie and
swimsuits. It's nearly invisible, and should help hold the shoes on your
feet.

Sheila

Bob Eager

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:23:07 UTC, S Viemeister
wrote:

Holly wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could put inside the shoes to give
more friction but without being sticky? Got some insoles but they are a
bit thick so make the shoes a bit tight and in any case are only
slightly less slippery. I wondered about a thin smear of clear
silicon/acrylic allowed to dry. Any other good DIY ideas please?

If the sticky suggestions don't work, you could try attaching heel straps
made of the clear, thin, flat elastic often used in lingerie and
swimsuits. It's nearly invisible, and should help hold the shoes on your
feet.

In the event, it'd be nice to know what Holly used and how well it
worked...!

(and how good the party was!)

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

Bob Eager wrote:

In the event, it'd be nice to know what Holly used and how well it
worked...!

As long as she doesn't post with a "how do I remove my shoes after
superglue" post!

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)
Holly

Thanks to everyone for the replies to my question and for your
suggestions, all of which have disappeared in OE and I'm too lazy to
google to quote them. Someone, Bob Eager I think, asked that I let you
know what I tried and how the party went. Well, in the end, I didn't get
a chance to try any of them! Three couples including us organised the
party and one of the women called just after I posted to say that her
husband had announced that he was leaving them. We all ended up doing
alot of talking and deciding to go ahead with the party, to which said
couple came although the wife spent most of the evening in tears. I wore
the shoes with the floppy insoles which were better than nothing, but in
the circumstances no one ended up doing much dancing anyway and the
shoes were the least of my worries. Said couple decided after a couple
of days to give it another try......bad timing or what?!

So, I'll experiment in advance before any future parties and if I find
the perfect non-slip solution I'll post again.

Original message quoted below in case anyone wants to know what this was
all about,
thanks again
Holly