Note crossposting and follow-ups.

I disagree about OP being racist. Instead, he's a religious bigot.

Abe wrote:

I don't think so the OP's statements are racist at all. I'm a died in
the wool liberal, and the last to condemn a group based on the

actions
of a moderately few extremists. What the OP says is historically

true.
To take it back even further, the Muslim extremist Jihad against
America began when Israel was formed, and the US became an official
ally. I think it's important that we're an ally of Israel, the one
sane and democratic country in that part of the world.

Political correctness has, and is, being taken too far in the airport
screening process. That's my opinion as well.

What you are missing is the concept of the ability of a test to
discriminate in the objective, rather than the political sense.

How many Muslim men between the ages of 17 and 40 fly on airliners
each year? Twenty, Thirty, Fourty million perhaps? If you use
'Muslim man between the age of 17 and 40' as a screening criterion
you're literally playing a million to one shot. Besides, I
don't think anyone's passport, visa or driver's license is
going to say 'Muslim' on it.

Aside from that, if it is known that security is concentrating
on a particular 'type' then any potential perpetrator will simply
avoid appearing like that type and so will then have a smaller
chance of being caught. Most 'Muslim men between 17 and 40'
could easily pass for Italians, Greeks, Spainards, Armenians,
Cypriots, etc, or some other religious persuation.

In some respects, this is like pre-employment drug screening.
If the testing really has a deterrant effect, then the only
positive tests will be false positives because no drug addicts
will take the test.

--

FF