Jack

Default Important!

Are there any real techs on here that work for a real shop or own one?
It seems like there are mostly hobbiest types on here or consumer types
looking for a quick answer to a complex problem. Stuff like "no picture,
blown fuse, won't come on...ect..." Can we diverse this group into a real
tech group so professionals can help each other? I don't have the time to
teach basic electronics and work professionaly as a TV tech. I would like to
exchange thoughts, ideas, problems and fixes with other real technicians. Do
we need to start a new group for this? Most of these consumer or hobbiest
types think we are all crooks, so why bother with them? I've tried to help
them but they don't have even enough basic knowlege of electronics to enable
any understanding of what I'm talking about. It seems to me that the shop
owner and TV tech is labeled as a thief and a crook by most of these people.
Well if it were easy, everyone would be able to fix their own TV. So, any
real techs want to rise up out of this group and soar with the eagles? Let's
help each other so we can help others and erase the bad complex about us all
being thieves and crooks!

Neil

With a attitude like that...your group will die off pretty quickly. Without
new "stupid" blood, that need knowledgeable people to help them
along......there will be no one left in the hobby.
Instead of sitting around as a group bitching about the fact the Radio Shack
no longer sells components...and that manufacturers no longer sell
schematics, or make machines that can be fixed instead of throwing out,
maybe groups like this can help keep the hobby alive.
Go ahead and make you little group of "skilled professionals"...it'll be
pretty boring....since all of you will be so skilled, no one will need to
ask any questions...or will you all be on such a high plane of existence
that you will all be communicating telepathically?.
Kim

"Jack" wrote in message
newse_lb.29200$iq3.27672@okepread01...
[...]

Gary Woods

"Clifton T. Sharp Jr." wrote:

I think you want
sci.electronics.repair.elitist.snob.

Next door to the argument clinic, eh Clifto?

But I agree.

(Retired broadcast video geek, with a minor in things making lots of RF).

And just a minor pointer; the Subject: should contain real information.
Many folks will have seen
Important!
muttered, "riiiiight....." and moved on.

Dev Null

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:18:16 -0500, Jack hath writ:
[...]

So , pray tell , why was your Subject: "Important!"