Old May 28th 10, 07:53 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Graco 2900,3900 HVLP(Pat raises his hand with a question)

On 5/28/2010 11:20 AM, Mike M wrote:

On Fri, 28 May 2010 09:32:58 -0500, wrote:

On 5/28/2010 9:11 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:
wrote in message
On 5/27/2010 8:46 PM, wrote:

Alright... now I thought that was pretty damn funny. All my amigos
know I am serious about finishing because "the devil is in the
details".

LOL ... just used that very phrase, in part, to effectively shut up the
touchyfeely, wannabe builder, architect of a potential client.

Won't be getting that job ... but boy did I dodge a bullet, or what!

They must of thought that you were hopelessly old fashioned! LOL

You wouldn't believe the half of it ... I'm more astounded each passing
day at the unarguable ineptness of the current crop of supposedly
educated "professionals" ... it's a damn wonder IF anything gets done,
that it then stays together long enough to amortize, and that more folks
aren't killed in the process.

There is NO way in hell that a project like the Hoover Dam could be
built by the poorly educated, poorly raised, self delusional, pampered
idiots, and their companies and governments, populating this country in
the early 21st century.

For all practical purposes this country, as we once knew it, is toast ...

http://downtownseattle.komonews.com/...-be-forced-out

Nine year old bldg. put up by the Carpenter's Union Retirement fund
being declared unsafe because people didn't pay attention to the
detail. Boy are people trying to cover their butts now.

Mike M

That's exactly the kind of **** I'm talking about ... it's ubiquitous!
Bend over, America, and kiss your third world country ass goodbye.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Old May 29th 10, 04:55 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-05-28 09:52:01 -0400, Swingman said:

Alright... now I thought that was pretty damn funny. All my amigos
know I am serious about finishing because "the devil is in the
details".

LOL ... just used that very phrase, in part, to effectively shut up the
touchyfeely, wannabe builder, architect of a potential client.

Won't be getting that job ... but boy did I dodge a bullet, or what!

Depending on your religion, you might have said, "God is on the
details.*" But it would seem you don't worship in the same church as
Ludwig Mies van der Rohe!

*An earlier form, "Le bon Dieu est dans le detail" (the good God is in
the detail) is generally attributed to Gustave Flaubert (1821-1880)

Old June 3rd 10, 09:10 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Laps and other thoughts

The Bob Flexner book(s) cover a fair amount of that.

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-.../dp/0762101911

jo4hn wrote:

I would like to see a finishing book written from the standpoint of the
wood. For example, given that one is working with redwood, what type(s)
of finish is good for sealing? For outdoor use? How about mahogany? Or
walnut that is exposed to sunlight? I'd buy a copy.
mahalo,
jo4hn (vacationing from the wingnuts)

Toshiba SD-3900 DVD Player harryhomer Electronics Repair 3 February 23rd 08 02:35 AM
graco xr7 question SteveB Home Repair 6 January 1st 08 11:59 PM
Binatone answer machine , model 3900 from 1981 n cook Electronics Repair 5 March 4th 07 10:47 PM
FA: Graco HVLP 4900 Procomp + Extra Gun Mike in Idaho Woodworking 0 April 21st 06 07:04 AM
Oneway raises prices wrz0170 Woodturning 6 December 15th 04 08:43 PM