Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Graco 2900,3900 HVLP(Pat raises his hand with a question)

On May 26, 9:16*am, Pat Barber wrote:
Well, to tell you the truth, I was wondering which needle
sets I should order as "extra's"...

They offer 1.0mm
* * * * * * 1.5mm
* * * * * * 2.0mm
* * * * * * 3.0mm

You get the 2.0 and the 1.5 when you buy the gun.

I assume that's the most popular setup but wouldn't a
3.0mm be better for heavy materials like latex ?

I ain't seen no mention of prices on the needle sets.

PS: In one of the several videos, you can very clearly
* * *see the word "Earlex" on the gun, so I assume somebody
* * *bought somebody else.

Hah! I knew it. I thought I recognized that machine!

Pat, the needle set that comes with the machine should do all you
need. The 1.5mm will do your clear coats and oil based enamels. Use
the 2mm for latex and other heavier stuff.

The only time I ever use my 1mm tip is when spraying dye that is water
thin and I am misting.

I have never used a 3mm on anything, but I would imagine if you had
something thick enough to spray that it required that size of tip,
these machines would push it out. They only get 3 psi at the cup, and
while adequate for most applications, it won't push out the heavy
stuff.

Robert