Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber[_3_] Pat Barber[_3_] is offline

Default Graco 2900,3900 HVLP(Pat raises his hand with a question)

Thanks for the always wonderful finishing advice.

Just as you say, I want this machine as a test vehicle
for a couple of really backed projects that would easily
"justify" in my mind, this fairly small purchase.

I got a pile of stripped director chains(ok,maybe 3-4 years)
and a 16' aluminum jon boat.

I also have a 1973 Unisaw that is going to get a rotissory
restore and that involves paint...

These are the type of projects that don't require a high level of skill
but I do want to get a decent finish and a brush finish don't cut it.

I am determined to learn the spray gun finishing and this just might
be a way to get in the game.

Graco does sell "needle sets" for this sprayer.

http://www.spray-station.com/Accessories.html

I "know" it's cheap solution but I did see some real potential for
these hobby projects.

As always, I appreciate your advice.

wrote:
Hi, Pat. Good to see a new post from you!

snipped a lot of great advice ...........

Not that you are actually that interested, but this could be a good
machine on which to learn to spray, too. I have always thought that
1/2 of good HVLP end product was learning to thin, and that takes
practice.

If it was a two impellor model, I would buy it and try it. If it was
just one, I would skip it.

As always, hope that helps!

Robert