Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Graco 2900,3900 HVLP(Pat raises his hand with a question)

On May 24, 6:30*pm, Pat Barber wrote:

These are the type of projects that don't require a high level of skill
but I do want to get a decent finish and a brush finish don't cut it.

Amen. Even the best brush finishes aren't always the answer. Those
projects are perfect for that setup as you can thin solvent based
enamels and get busy with finishing.

I am determined to learn the spray gun finishing and this just

might
be a way to get in the game.

Good for you! I hope you get in the middle of spray finishing. It
can be very trying and difficult, but the results are really
rewarding. It is no different than learning any other craft.

I "know" it's cheap solution but I did see some real potential for
these hobby projects.

Matching the machine to the job doesn't necessarily mean cheap. I
have put a lot of finish down with inexpensive gear that looked
great. (Some not so great... but hey...)

The large setup looks like a perfect entry level machine, and you
should learn all the basics on it. Plus, as has been noted here,
there have been a lot of good finishes turned out on these less
expensive machines.

I hope you get it and post away with any results and questions. Still
lots of helpful folks around here!

Robert