Posted to rec.woodworking

Default BookCase Update and HDR Photog

I assembled my bookcase last night and let the glue cure inside
because it was so cold. After reading about HDR photog (on the
wrec) I decided to try it out. The latest assembled picture is a
composite of (seven?) photos at varied EV. I like the results and
think this opens up a whole new door to digital photog that can't be
achieved with film (I think?).

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Bookcase.php

www.garagewoodworks.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/14/2010 3:48 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:
HDR photog

Excellent work, and you're correct ... the photography is stunning. Got
to check it out.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 4:53*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 1/14/2010 3:48 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

HDR photog

Excellent work, and you're correct ... the photography is stunning. Got
to check it out.

Thank you Swing! It is really cool. I have been playing around with
HDR for the last couple of days and it is amazing what you can do.
Only caveat is that you must use a tripod (unless you have a wicked
fast camera). I have also found that the results get better if I
drive the camera (on tripod) from a laptop. This way there is
absolutely no camera movement from exposure to exposure.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 01/14/2010 03:48 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:
I assembled my bookcase last night and let the glue cure inside
because it was so cold. After reading about HDR photog (on the
wrec) I decided to try it out. The latest assembled picture is a
composite of (seven?) photos at varied EV. I like the results and
think this opens up a whole new door to digital photog that can't be
achieved with film (I think?).

Film generally has higher dynamic range to start with, so you can play
games at scanning time (if digitizing later) or at printing time (if
using wet chemistry).

Rather than driving from a laptop, my DSLR has the option to
automatically take up to 7 shots with configurable EV differences
between the shots. I can then set it on a 2 second delay before the
initial shot to avoid mirror slap issues.

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 4:48*pm, GarageWoodworks
wrote:
I assembled my bookcase last night and let the glue cure inside
because it was so cold. *After reading about HDR photog (on the
wrec) * I decided to try it out. *The latest assembled picture is a
composite of (seven?) photos at varied EV. * I like the results and
think this opens up a whole new door to digital photog that can't be
achieved with film (I think?).

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Bookcase.php

www.garagewoodworks.com

I have found that one over and one under bracketing is lots. You don't
really gain from all those steps in between.
I'm glad to see you didn't go overboard with the process. Less is more.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 4:58*pm, GarageWoodworks
wrote:
On Jan 14, 4:53*pm, Swingman wrote:

On 1/14/2010 3:48 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

HDR photog

Excellent work, and you're correct ... the photography is stunning. Got
to check it out.

Thank you Swing! *It is really cool. *I have been playing around with
HDR for the last couple of days and it is amazing what you can do.
Only caveat is that you must use a tripod (unless you have a wicked
fast camera). *I have also found that the results get better if I
drive the camera (on tripod) from a laptop. *This way there is
absolutely no camera movement from exposure to exposure.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Photomatix Pro will compensate for movement...up to a point and
assuming there are some straight lines it can reference too. But
you're right, can't beat a good tripod.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 5:01*pm, Chris Friesen wrote:
On 01/14/2010 03:48 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

I assembled my bookcase last night and let the glue cure inside
because it was so cold. *After reading about HDR photog (on the
wrec) * I decided to try it out. *The latest assembled picture is a
composite of (seven?) photos at varied EV. * I like the results and
think this opens up a whole new door to digital photog that can't be
achieved with film (I think?).

Film generally has higher dynamic range to start with, so you can play
games at scanning time (if digitizing later) or at printing time (if
using wet chemistry).

Rather than driving from a laptop, my DSLR has the option to
automatically take up to 7 shots with configurable EV differences
between the shots. *I can then set it on a 2 second delay before the
initial shot to avoid mirror slap issues.

Chris

That's pretty cool. What are you shooting with? I have a Canon
DSLR Rebel XT (with cheap lens). I can bracket shots (one under and
over at a 2EV max).
I like the idea of the 7 configurable shots.
Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Neat. I need to look into that. I'm using Photoshop CS2 which
doesn't compensate for movement (unless I don't know how to do it).
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 01/14/2010 04:04 PM, Robatoy wrote:

I have found that one over and one under bracketing is lots. You don't
really gain from all those steps in between.

Maybe for most shots. If you're shooting in a dim room with backlit
windows and snow outside you'll need more than one over.

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 01/14/2010 04:09 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:
On Jan 14, 5:01 pm, Chris Friesen wrote:

Rather than driving from a laptop, my DSLR has the option to
automatically take up to 7 shots with configurable EV differences
between the shots. I can then set it on a 2 second delay before the
initial shot to avoid mirror slap issues.

That's pretty cool. What are you shooting with? I have a Canon
DSLR Rebel XT (with cheap lens). I can bracket shots (one under and
over at a 2EV max).
I like the idea of the 7 configurable shots.

I use a Sony A700. Didn't want to get rid of my Minolta glass.

Checking the specs, it appears I misspoke. It's either 3 or 5 shots,
not 7. I haven't played with the HDR options much, but I think I can
set it to up to +/-2 stops between shots.

Chris

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 5:14*pm, Chris Friesen wrote:
On 01/14/2010 04:04 PM, Robatoy wrote:

I have found that one over and one under bracketing is lots. You don't
really gain from all those steps in between.

Maybe for most shots. *If you're shooting in a dim room with backlit
windows and snow outside you'll need more than one over. *

Chris

You may want to dip into the shadows a bit by an extra over exposure
(or two) but you're right, in most cases 3 is enough.
Tough to keep the noise out of the shadows in any extreme case.
(I'm saving my money for an M9...as if...)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 4:53 pm, Swingman wrote:
On 1/14/2010 3:48 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

HDR photog

Excellent work, and you're correct ... the photography is stunning. Got
to check it out.

Thank you Swing! It is really cool. I have been playing around with
HDR for the last couple of days and it is amazing what you can do.
Only caveat is that you must use a tripod (unless you have a wicked
fast camera). I have also found that the results get better if I
drive the camera (on tripod) from a laptop. This way there is
absolutely no camera movement from exposure to exposure.

Sometimes it helps on indoor work to move the lighting around
between exposures.

I have been playing around with night landscape shots
with an open shutter and painting in the exposure with
a million candle power spotlight, I think I'll HDR some
of those and see what I get.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
I assembled my bookcase last night and let the glue cure inside
because it was so cold. After reading about HDR photog (on the
wrec) I decided to try it out. The latest assembled picture is a
composite of (seven?) photos at varied EV. I like the results and
think this opens up a whole new door to digital photog that can't be
achieved with film (I think?).

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Bookcase.php

www.garagewoodworks.com

Great picture and the case looks good too. ;~)

You can get away with a 3 pic process on the HDR, since it all averages out
from one extreme to the other you may not see any difference when taking
more pictures.

BUT what else are you doing...to get the DHR effect? Usually there is an
HDR tool...

Your picture is really well taken..

For a bit of inspiration take a look at the links below.

This guy's photographs are what lured me to using HDR a few years ago and he
really has a way of pushing the limits to make the photographs have a
painting appearance.

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/vi...=viewportfolio
http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/vi...=viewportfolio
http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/vi...=viewportfolio
http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/vi...=viewportfolio
http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/vi...=viewportfolio
http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/vi...=viewportfolio
http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/vi...=viewportfolio
http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/vi...=viewportfolio
http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/vi...=viewportfolio

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 5:31*pm, "Leon" wrote:
[...]

Looks I need an account to view those, aside from the first (which is
awesome!). Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/14/2010 3:58 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:
On Jan 14, 4:53 pm, wrote:
On 1/14/2010 3:48 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

HDR photog

Excellent work, and you're correct ... the photography is stunning. Got
to check it out.

Thank you Swing! It is really cool. I have been playing around with
HDR for the last couple of days and it is amazing what you can do.
Only caveat is that you must use a tripod (unless you have a wicked
fast camera). I have also found that the results get better if I
drive the camera (on tripod) from a laptop. This way there is
absolutely no camera movement from exposure to exposure.

I've been stuck in the stone age of photography since my old Pentax SLR,
that I bought in Hong Kong in the mid 60's, was stolen some years ago,
with nothing but cheap digital point and shoots in the interim.

I hate to open another Pandora's box (Festool'ed hell outta the budget
last month), and although I've done some beautiful pieces, doing justice
to the beauty of the wood for presentation purposes has always been
problematic for my limited equipment and skills. Judging from your
example, HDR is indeed something to explore in that regard.

It simply never dawned on me to explore HDR in that light (no pun
intended) and the planning going into a new web site for the company at
present makes it even more intriguing.

Thanks for the inspiration!! ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 01/14/2010 04:28 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 14, 5:01 pm, Chris Friesen wrote:

Rather than driving from a laptop, my DSLR has the option to
automatically take up to 7 shots with configurable EV differences
between the shots. I can then set it on a 2 second delay before the
initial shot to avoid mirror slap issues.

Can't lock it up?

The A700 doesn't have a separate mirror lockup. If you set a 2 second
delay then press the shutter release it locks the mirror up then after 2
seconds trips the shutter.

However, you can't mix the delay with the auto bracketing, so if you
want to use mirror lockup with HDR imaging you have to either touch the
camera or drive it via a computer.

I think the A900 has true mirror lockup. It's also a 24MP camera and
costs mucho dinero.

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/vi...o/photos/view?

id=2329299&forward=viewportfoliohttp://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?

id=2281063&forward=viewportfoliohttp://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?

id=2182327&forward=viewportfoliohttp://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?

id=2058932&forward=viewportfoliohttp://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=2051576&forward=viewportfoliohttp://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=2000553&forward=viewportfoliohttp://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1991085&forward=viewportfoliohttp://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1989833&forward=viewportfolio

Looks I need an account to view those, aside from the first (which is
awesome!). Thanks.

Pretty cool, the links got screwed up, you don't need an account IIRC.

Here are a couple I took with HDR and "with out". I screwed up the lighting
on the HDR, of course, the back lighting lightened the left side of the foot
board.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/vi...rd=viewportfol...

id=2329299&forward=viewportfoliohttp://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?

id=2281063&forward=viewportfoliohttp://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?

id=2182327&forward=viewportfoliohttp://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?

id=2058932&forward=viewportfoliohttp://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=2051576&forward=viewportfol...

Looks I need an account to view those, aside from the first (which is
awesome!). * Thanks.

Pretty cool, *the links got screwed up, you don't need an account IIRC.

Here are a couple I took with HDR and "with out". *I screwed up the lighting
on the HDR, of course, the back lighting lightened the left side of the foot
board.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

Nice! And I especially like the furniture.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
Here are a couple I took with HDR and "with out". I screwed up the
lighting
on the HDR, of course, the back lighting lightened the left side of the
foot
board.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

Nice! And I especially like the furniture.

Thank you... those are the tower project, bedroom furniture I am working
on...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message

Looks I need an account to view those, aside from the first (which is
awesome!). Thanks.

You shouldn't need an account to browse through these:
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=HDR&w=all
--
Dave in Houston
flickr :: HaveNikon_WillTravel

Posted to rec.woodworking

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 4:53 pm, Swingman wrote:
On 1/14/2010 3:48 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

HDR photog

Excellent work, and you're correct ... the photography is stunning. Got
to check it out.

Thank you Swing! It is really cool. I have been playing around with
HDR for the last couple of days and it is amazing what you can do.
Only caveat is that you must use a tripod (unless you have a wicked
fast camera). I have also found that the results get better if I
drive the camera (on tripod) from a laptop. This way there is
absolutely no camera movement from exposure to exposure.

A cable release works well, too. In the digital realm they have come
electronic triggers.
Here is the Photomatix web link. You can download a trial version, same
as the paid-for version except for the watermarks.

http://www.hdrsoft.com/

--
Dave in Houston
flickr :: HaveNikon_WillTravel
http://www.pbase.com/speedracer

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 8:03*pm, "Dave In Texas" wrote:
"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message

On Jan 14, 4:53 pm, Swingman wrote:
On 1/14/2010 3:48 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

HDR photog

Excellent work, and you're correct ... the photography is stunning. Got
to check it out.

Thank you Swing! *It is really cool. *I have been playing around with
HDR for the last couple of days and it is amazing what you can do.
Only caveat is that you must use a tripod (unless you have a wicked
fast camera). *I have also found that the results get better if I
drive the camera (on tripod) from a laptop. *This way there is
absolutely no camera movement from exposure to exposure.

* * A cable release works well, too. *In the digital realm they have come
electronic triggers.

Only problem is that unless using autobracket, I will need to change
the shutter speed.

* * Here is the Photomatix web link. *You can download a trial version, same
as the paid-for version except for the watermarks.

* * * * * *http://www.hdrsoft.com/

Thanks.

--
* * * * * * * *Dave in Houston
* * * flickr :: HaveNikon_WillTravelhttp://www.pbase.com/speedracer

Posted to rec.woodworking

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 7:56 pm, "Dave In Texas" wrote:

Dave in Houston
flickr :: HaveNikon_WillTravelhttp://www.pbase.com/speedracer

Awesome! Thank you.

I should change my flickr link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nuwave_dave/

--
Dave in Houston
flickr :: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nuwave_dave/

Posted to rec.woodworking

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 8:03 pm, "Dave In Texas" wrote:

A cable release works well, too. In the digital realm they have come
electronic triggers.

Only problem is that unless using autobracket, I will need to change
the shutter speed.

Yes, set your camera to aperture priority to prevent depth of field from
changing from one exposure to the next. Shooting in RAW is also a
requirement for HDR though I do believe that jpgs are required for "exposure
blending."

--
Dave in Houston
flickr :: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nuwave_dave/
http://www.pbase.com/speedracer

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:48:06 -0800 (PST), the infamous GarageWoodworks
scrawled the following:

I assembled my bookcase last night and let the glue cure inside
because it was so cold. After reading about HDR photog (on the
wrec) I decided to try it out. The latest assembled picture is a
composite of (seven?) photos at varied EV. I like the results and
think this opens up a whole new door to digital photog that can't be
achieved with film (I think?).

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Bookcase.php

OH, Brian. I'm so sorry. Did you drag the face on something? Will
they sand out?

I see 3 horribly deep gouges in each of the front posts!

--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 14, 11:55*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:48:06 -0800 (PST), the infamous GarageWoodworks
scrawled the following:

I assembled my bookcase last night and let the glue cure inside
because it was so cold. *After reading about HDR photog (on the
wrec) * I decided to try it out. *The latest assembled picture is a
composite of (seven?) photos at varied EV. * I like the results and
think this opens up a whole new door to digital photog that can't be
achieved with film (I think?).

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Bookcase.php

OH, Brian. I'm so sorry. Did you drag the face on something? *Will
they sand out? *

I see 3 horribly deep gouges in each of the front posts!

I was hoping nobody would notice. :^(
Thanks a lot for pointing it out to everyone!

--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --Abraham Lincoln

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave In Texas" wrote in message

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 8:03 pm, "Dave In Texas" wrote:

A cable release works well, too. In the digital realm they have
come
electronic triggers.

Only problem is that unless using autobracket, I will need to change
the shutter speed.

Yes, set your camera to aperture priority to prevent depth of field
from changing from one exposure to the next. Shooting in RAW is also a
requirement for HDR though I do believe that jpgs are required for
"exposure blending."

Actually you want the apature to change during autobracketing when shooting
for HDR pictures. You are not really looking for shutter speed changes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave In Texas" wrote in message

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 8:03 pm, "Dave In Texas" wrote:

A cable release works well, too. In the digital realm they have
come
electronic triggers.

Only problem is that unless using autobracket, I will need to change
the shutter speed.

Yes, set your camera to aperture priority to prevent depth of field
from changing from one exposure to the next.

Shooting in RAW is also a
requirement for HDR though I do believe that jpgs are required for
"exposure blending."

Not correct, I never shood in RAW for HDR, always jpg.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 15, 8:07*am, "Leon" wrote:
"Dave In Texas" wrote in ...

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 8:03 pm, "Dave In Texas" wrote:

* * A cable release works well, too. *In the digital realm they have
come
electronic triggers.

Only problem is that unless using autobracket, I will need to change
the shutter speed.

* *Yes, set your camera to aperture priority to prevent depth of field
from changing from one exposure to the next. *Shooting in RAW is also a
requirement for HDR though I do believe that jpgs are required for
"exposure blending."

Actually you want the apature to change during autobracketing when shooting
for HDR pictures. *You are not really looking for shutter speed changes..

You want DOF to remain the same, so shutter speed it is... unless a
CCD suffers from reciprocity problems.
If you're shooting in bright conditions with a wide angle, DOF isn't
much of an issue, so the aperture option opens up.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Jan 15, 8:07 am, "Leon" wrote:
"Dave In Texas" wrote in

Actually you want the apature to change during autobracketing when
shooting
for HDR pictures. You are not really looking for shutter speed changes.

You want DOF to remain the same, so shutter speed it is... unless a
CCD suffers from reciprocity problems.
If you're shooting in bright conditions with a wide angle, DOF isn't
much of an issue, so the aperture option opens up.

Thinking about that,,,, I believe you are right.... I stand corrected. I
have always read and done autobracketing the pictures to get at least 3
exposures. My oldest cameras that did this automatically did that only in
shutter priority mode so the DOF was changed. So I naturally thought that
way when taking on HDR. DOH I'll have to try that out...

Actually my current camers does auto bracketing in a small variety of modes
including simulated film mode and Dynamic Range mode which changes the
simulated film speed..

Oddly AE Autobracketing in Apeture or Shutter priority results in a fixed
shutter speed with apeture changes for the 3 exposures. Autobracketind in
Program mode however changes the shutter speed and leaves the apeture the
same...

Actually I think/know that you can chose either mode shutter or apeture and
get the necessary exposures however I can see an advantage of chooseing one
over the other especially if you want a sharp crisp picture.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

Yes, set your camera to aperture priority to prevent depth of field
from changing from one exposure to the next. Shooting in RAW is also a
requirement for HDR though I do believe that jpgs are required for
"exposure blending."

Actually you want the apature to change during autobracketing when
shooting for HDR pictures. You are not really looking for shutter speed
changes.

Ok, I can see where both ways would be to an advantage on certain
situations.

I checked my camera and AE autobracketing switches to shutter priority when
in Apeture or Shutter priority mode. It does AE autobracket with Apeture
priority when in Program mode...

Posted to rec.woodworking

That was one of the pleasures of shooting that good old Kodachrome 25.
That stuff was so slow, you almost always shot wide open so outdoor
portraits (although not an ideal film for portraits) had the
background turn into this fantastic blur of colours off-setting the
focused element of the shot as if it was 3D-looking. 64 was a bit more
versatile, but either film was full of lies...nice lies, but lies
nonetheless.

I started using HDR shots when I needed the shadow detail for texture
bump-maps for use in Strata. One shot 'over' would usually all I'd
need to add to the texture.
Yup, Sony with a floppy.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/15/2010 8:31 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Yup, Sony with a floppy.

Mavica? Still have one of latter ones with an optical telephoto lens ...
in a case in the office closet for the last ten years or so.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
That was one of the pleasures of shooting that good old Kodachrome 25.
That stuff was so slow, you almost always shot wide open so outdoor
portraits (although not an ideal film for portraits) had the
background turn into this fantastic blur of colours off-setting the
focused element of the shot as if it was 3D-looking. 64 was a bit more
versatile, but either film was full of lies...nice lies, but lies
nonetheless.

Exactly, the fast short lenses could draw out single area details for that
3D look.

I however also like for everything to be in focus "for certain type shots"
for what I refer to as that "Old Timey Painting" look. Basically the
opposite effect.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 15, 9:35*am, Swingman wrote:
On 1/15/2010 8:31 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Yup, Sony with a floppy.

Mavica? Still have one of latter ones with an optical telephoto lens ...
in a case in the office closet for the last ten years or so.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

YES! I wracked my brain trying to think of it. Maaaan was that slow
and awkward. I never owned it, it belonged to a friend of mine who in
turn borrowed it from the police dept.
This thing was fixed focal length... 640x480 IIRC.
The first digital camera I bought for myself was a Nikon 885. Then to
a Sony H2, which I still have, That 12x Optical Zeiss is actually
quite good.
Then a 10MP Lumix which I bought strictly for its size as I have it in
my brief case or pocket.... always. That Leica lens does some things
quite well. Amazing little camera for interior shots as it has an
equivalent of a 28 mm wide angle. My kid's Canon Rebel is a wonderful
camera which gets great results.
I am dead serious about getting an M9 Leica at some point. I saw a 20"
x 24" print that just knocked me on my ass... that oughtta shut up
anybody who still clings to analogue/wet photography. That is one sick
little camera.... but a bit pricey. (A guy will always need something
to wish for.)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

Actually my current camers does auto bracketing in a small variety of
modes including simulated film mode and Dynamic Range mode which changes
the simulated film speed..

Oddly AE Autobracketing in Apeture or Shutter priority results in a fixed
shutter speed with apeture changes for the 3 exposures. Autobracketind in
Program mode however changes the shutter speed and leaves the apeture the
same...

Actually I think/know that you can chose either mode shutter or apeture
and get the necessary exposures however I can see an advantage of
chooseing one over the other especially if you want a sharp crisp picture.

What is your current go-to camera?

Dave in Houston

Bookcase color sam[_9_] Woodworking 13 October 29th 09 02:50 AM
BOOKCASE. J T Woodworking 0 March 11th 06 07:10 PM
bookcase help George Snyder Woodworking 2 April 3rd 05 09:21 PM
newbie bookcase Adam Woodworking 0 September 1st 04 11:21 PM