Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave In Texas Dave In Texas is offline

Default BookCase Update and HDR Photog

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 4:53 pm, Swingman wrote:
On 1/14/2010 3:48 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

HDR photog

Excellent work, and you're correct ... the photography is stunning. Got
to check it out.

Thank you Swing! It is really cool. I have been playing around with
HDR for the last couple of days and it is amazing what you can do.
Only caveat is that you must use a tripod (unless you have a wicked
fast camera). I have also found that the results get better if I
drive the camera (on tripod) from a laptop. This way there is
absolutely no camera movement from exposure to exposure.

A cable release works well, too. In the digital realm they have come
electronic triggers.
Here is the Photomatix web link. You can download a trial version, same
as the paid-for version except for the watermarks.

http://www.hdrsoft.com/

--
Dave in Houston
flickr :: HaveNikon_WillTravel