Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default BookCase Update and HDR Photog

On 1/14/2010 3:58 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:
On Jan 14, 4:53 pm, wrote:
On 1/14/2010 3:48 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

HDR photog

Excellent work, and you're correct ... the photography is stunning. Got
to check it out.

Thank you Swing! It is really cool. I have been playing around with
HDR for the last couple of days and it is amazing what you can do.
Only caveat is that you must use a tripod (unless you have a wicked
fast camera). I have also found that the results get better if I
drive the camera (on tripod) from a laptop. This way there is
absolutely no camera movement from exposure to exposure.

I've been stuck in the stone age of photography since my old Pentax SLR,
that I bought in Hong Kong in the mid 60's, was stolen some years ago,
with nothing but cheap digital point and shoots in the interim.

I hate to open another Pandora's box (Festool'ed hell outta the budget
last month), and although I've done some beautiful pieces, doing justice
to the beauty of the wood for presentation purposes has always been
problematic for my limited equipment and skills. Judging from your
example, HDR is indeed something to explore in that regard.

It simply never dawned on me to explore HDR in that light (no pun
intended) and the planning going into a new web site for the company at
present makes it even more intriguing.

Thanks for the inspiration!! ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net