Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default BookCase Update and HDR Photog

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Jan 15, 8:07 am, "Leon" wrote:
"Dave In Texas" wrote in

Actually you want the apature to change during autobracketing when
shooting
for HDR pictures. You are not really looking for shutter speed changes.

You want DOF to remain the same, so shutter speed it is... unless a
CCD suffers from reciprocity problems.
If you're shooting in bright conditions with a wide angle, DOF isn't
much of an issue, so the aperture option opens up.

Thinking about that,,,, I believe you are right.... I stand corrected. I
have always read and done autobracketing the pictures to get at least 3
exposures. My oldest cameras that did this automatically did that only in
shutter priority mode so the DOF was changed. So I naturally thought that
way when taking on HDR. DOH I'll have to try that out...

Actually my current camers does auto bracketing in a small variety of modes
including simulated film mode and Dynamic Range mode which changes the
simulated film speed..

Oddly AE Autobracketing in Apeture or Shutter priority results in a fixed
shutter speed with apeture changes for the 3 exposures. Autobracketind in
Program mode however changes the shutter speed and leaves the apeture the
same...

Actually I think/know that you can chose either mode shutter or apeture and
get the necessary exposures however I can see an advantage of chooseing one
over the other especially if you want a sharp crisp picture.