Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default BookCase Update and HDR Photog

On 01/14/2010 03:48 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:
I assembled my bookcase last night and let the glue cure inside
because it was so cold. After reading about HDR photog (on the
wrec) I decided to try it out. The latest assembled picture is a
composite of (seven?) photos at varied EV. I like the results and
think this opens up a whole new door to digital photog that can't be
achieved with film (I think?).

Film generally has higher dynamic range to start with, so you can play
games at scanning time (if digitizing later) or at printing time (if
using wet chemistry).

Rather than driving from a laptop, my DSLR has the option to
automatically take up to 7 shots with configurable EV differences
between the shots. I can then set it on a 2 second delay before the
initial shot to avoid mirror slap issues.

Chris