Tom Disque

On Tue, 03 May 2005 13:32:38 GMT, USENET READER
wrote:

Matt - why would you consider vinyl over aluminum-clad windows? This is
an example of the type of on-topic response I was seeking when I posted
the original question. Thank you for staying on topic.

Since aluminum is a conductor and vinyl is not, I would think that
vinyl does a better job of insulating. Mine are vinyl; since it's
been almost five years, I don't recall if aluminum was presented as an
option.

Matt L. wrote:

I bought and installed myself Pella's ProLine aluminum-clad double-hung wood
windows. They are about 5 years old now. I am pleased with them but if I
ever remodel another house I would probably consider vinyl windows that
don't have to be painted. I bought my windows from the Pella store in Cary
but I think they can also be ordered through Home Depot.

"USENET READER" wrote in message
ink.net...

Greetings - I am looking specifically for recommendations on some new
windows for my home.

Matthew

Red Cloud© wrote in message
On Tue, 03 May 2005 13:25:27 GMT, USENET READER
wrote:

I wanted to only see responses that were on topic - I included the
qualifier that I didn't want to read the off-topic crap that didn't
address the quesions.

Notice that I was asking which windows are the most durable and
maintenence-free, and someone came back and asked me whether or not

want screens included. You would think that would be a good

question,
but every single window manufcturer makes screens for their

windows, so
how would screens factor into the maintenence issues? Therefore,

that
is an example of the type of stupid, off-topic post that I sought

avoid.

It was sarcasm, asswipe!

And the funniest post in this thread IMHO.

Matthew

Edwin Pawlowski

"USENET READER" wrote in message

Isn't the customer always right?

No. some are assholes.

Even the potential customer?

Yes, and if I note early enough that you are an asshole, you will never
become a customer..

No wonder you "had" a window and door business. Time is money Bubba!

Yes, it is. I sold out for something even more profitable.

Robert Bonomi

In article . net,
USENET READER wrote:
I wanted to only see responses that were on topic -

"What you want is not necessarily what you get."

- I included the
qualifier that I didn't want to read the off-topic crap that didn't
address the quesions.

"Tough sh*t*" applies.

You are _not_ the moderator of the newsgroup, so you have *no* authority or
position to even ATTEMPT to dictate who, how, or what, gets posted in
response to your message.

If you don't like a response, *IGNORE* it.

Robert Bonomi

In article . net,
USENET READER wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"USENET READER" wrote in message

The current technology seems to be either aluminum, vinyl or other molded
plastic coverings over a wooden window.

Yep.

So we are looking for someone - a building contractor, an architect,
etc - with some real experience with more than one type of window who can
tell me the real life pros and cons of the different types of windows for
sale in the RTP NC area and make some recommendations.

Please - no BS comments from people who really can't answer the question.
Please respond through the group. Thanks!

I've had my own window and door business so I'm qualified to give you a good
answer. Sold and installed most every type at one time or another. OTOH, I
don't like people telling me what I can and cannot say so I'm not going to
waste my time with an arrogant putz like you.

Isn't the customer always right? Even the potential customer?

Some customers are, simply, "not worth" the trouble

I have 'fired" customers that were too much trouble.

I intentionally turn away potential customers that exhibit stigmata
of being 'too much trouble'. It's more profitable _not_ to deal with
them than it is _to_ deal with them.

You, I'll refer to the competitor that I like _least_. You two deserve
each other.

No wonder you "had" a window and door business. Time is money Bubba!

It sure is. And on that score, isn't amazing how you want people to
*give* you their time and expertise? You haven't offerd to _pay_
anyone for consultation, have you?

Unquestionably Confused

on 5/3/2005 8:25 AM USENET READER said the following:
I wanted to only see responses that were on topic - I included the
qualifier that I didn't want to read the off-topic crap that didn't
address the quesions.

As someone else mentioned, "What question(s)?" There were no questions
asked in your original post. Merely a rambling, semi-coherent statement
of your situation and what you'd seen and done. Concluding with your
condescending remark that we could save our breath unless we could reply
directly on point.

Does this sound like you're asking a question?

"Greetings - I am looking specifically for recommendations on some new
windows for my home.

It's a 35 YO split level in the Piedmont area of North Carolina. We do
get cold weather but mostly hot weather, direct sun on the windows on
three sides of the house.

The house is going to be remodeled from the roof down - new shingles,
fascia and soffits, as well as siding. Gonna be putting up Hardiplank
siding, and AZEK trim boards and possibly brick mold around the windows.

I went to a home show a few weeks ago, and heard some wild and
contradictory claims from window company reps who said that their window
technology was better than the other guys.

Basially I have old single-pane wooden windows on the house now. I want
to replace them with more maintenence-free and energy efficient windows
- wooden on the inside, and they can be whatever works on the outside.

The current technology seems to be either aluminum, vinyl or other
molded plastic coverings over a wooden window. The aluminum cladding is
either extruded or pressed and joined over the wood. One aluminum guy
says that the extruded aluminum is superior to the pressed and joined
aluminum covering and that aluminum is better than vinyl because it
doesn't expand and contract as much as vinyl The Vinyl guys say that
the coloring on the exteriors won't wear out like the paint on the aluminum.

We simply want white or off-white windows for the house that need a
minimum of maintenence given the weather conditions down here in NC. So
we are looking for someone - a building contractor, an architect, etc -
with some real experience with more than one type of window who can tell
me the real life pros and cons of the different types of windows for
sale in the RTP NC area and make some recommendations.

Please - no BS comments from people who really can't answer the
question. Please respond through the group. Thanks!"

Notice that I was asking which windows are the most durable and
maintenence-free, and someone came back and asked me whether or not I
want screens included. You would think that would be a good question,
but every single window manufcturer makes screens for their windows, so
how would screens factor into the maintenence issues? Therefore, that
is an example of the type of stupid, off-topic post that I sought to avoid.

IIRC the post about the screeens came after you had shown to the group
what you were all about. It was a bit of a tongue in cheek tweak and
you bit.

Why should I worry about offending people who have nothing of value to
offer me?

You shouldn't. What you SHOULD worry about it is the advice you receive
next time you ask. After the way you talked down to this group, if
somebody here offered you the opinion that the sun rises in the east
you'd do well to verify it with an astronomer. Not that anyone would
purposely give Mr. Know it All bad information just to see him suffer.
No, that would never happen.

Which sort of proved my point - and gave me a new source of e-mail addys
to add to my kill file - entitled "useless usenet assholes who have
nothing of substance to contribute"

You got one of those too? So do I. You just made it worthwhile to
create one.g

The subject of which windows you should buy based upon all the great
information you provided and the questions you didn't ask has been
beaten to death so I won't comment on it other than to say that given
what you've shown us on this thread, you want to measure twice and order
once to make sure you have one that fits. Ordinarily, I wouldn't think
it necessary to say this but in your case...

Tina

"Red Cloud©" wrote in message
On Tue, 03 May 2005 13:30:29 GMT, USENET READER
wrote:

Red Cloud® wrote:

On Mon, 02 May 2005 22:38:07 GMT, USENET READER

wrote:

Bite me loser asshole - do you have any idea how many times I have
posted questions and the only responses I get are stupid off-topic
comments that have nothing to do with the original question - like your
posting today?

Gee, I wonder why you get all those stupid answers. I don't suppose you

deserve
it for asking for help and insulting people in the same breath?

rusty redcloud

Sorry - the only people who should feel insulted are the people who feel
the need to post a repsonse to a question that they have no real
information to offer up - they just like to hear themselves talk or see
their postins up on line - it makes them feel better about their
otherwise useless lives and lack of education, and inability to get it
up (on in Tina's case, find a guy to scare it up).

You are truly an idiot in every possible interpretation of the word.
I'd suggest that you get a clue, but that seems well beyond your
capabilities.

rusty redcloud

Well said Rusty...here....here.......

Tina

Tina

Tina wrote:

"USENET READER" wrote in message
ink.net...

Bite me loser asshole - do you have any idea how many times I have
posted questions and the only responses I get are stupid off-topic
comments that have nothing to do with the original question - like your
posting today?

HEY DICKLESS WONDER I DIDN' T WRITE THE ABOVE STUFF

Told you to get better meds..............;-)

Tina

Perfect example of someone that needs there Paxil medication

changed...up
the dosage

Plonk

Tina

Perfect example of omeone in great need of a good "rogering", so she
won't respond with another off-topic comment.

How do you know so much about Paxil meds - they interfere with your
ability to get a good "rogering"?

Jonah wrote:

You should get glass windows (the more panes the better), with either
aluminum, vinyl or other plastic coverings over wood. The aluminum is
better than the vinyl, or the other way around (I can't remember). Go
with either white or off-white, with internal shades and screens if you
want them. If you don't want shades and screens, get the windows that
don't have them. I'd look for something that needs minimal
maintenance. Your best bet would be to talk to an architect, building
contractor, etc. I'd also suggest you don't use that same
condescending, arrogant, demanding tone that you used here.
Hope this helps.

USENET READER wrote:

[...]

Mark Cooper

Perfect example of omeone in great need of a good "rogering", so she won't
respond with another off-topic comment.

How do you know so much about Paxil meds - they interfere with your
ability to get a good "rogering"?

You know...I don't know Tina, so I can't say whether or not she needs a good
rogering.

But I can say with relative certainty that you need a good bitch-slapping.

USENET READER

wrote:

I wanted to only see responses that were on topic - I included the
qualifier that I didn't want to read the off-topic crap that didn't
address the quesions.

Notice that I was asking which windows are the most durable and
maintenence-free, and someone came back and asked me whether or not I
want screens included. You would think that would be a good question,
but every single window manufcturer makes screens for their windows, so
how would screens factor into the maintenence issues? Therefore, that
is an example of the type of stupid, off-topic post that I sought to
avoid.

It was sarcasm, asswipe!

rusty redcloud

Then why respond at all, douchebag? You are the living embodiment of
the type of low-rent asshole that I put the qualifier there for in the
first place!

USENET READER

wrote:

I wanted to only see responses that were on topic - I included the
qualifier that I didn't want to read the off-topic crap that didn't
address the quesions.

Notice that I was asking which windows are the most durable and
maintenence-free, and someone came back and asked me whether or not

want screens included. You would think that would be a good

question,

but every single window manufcturer makes screens for their

windows, so

how would screens factor into the maintenence issues? Therefore,

that

is an example of the type of stupid, off-topic post that I sought

avoid.

It was sarcasm, asswipe!

And the funniest post in this thread IMHO.

Matthew

That wasn't funny - you thinking it was funny is funny!
USENET READER

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article . net,
USENET READER wrote:

I wanted to only see responses that were on topic -

"What you want is not necessarily what you get."

- I included the
qualifier that I didn't want to read the off-topic crap that didn't
address the quesions.

"Tough sh*t*" applies.

You are _not_ the moderator of the newsgroup, so you have *no* authority or
position to even ATTEMPT to dictate who, how, or what, gets posted in
response to your message.

If you don't like a response, *IGNORE* it.

who died and made you Pope? I can post any ****ing thing I want to,
including qualifiers to keep shut-in ass-wipes like you from offering
stupid advice or questions that have nothing to do with the question.

Like anyone can ask a question on USENET, anyone can qualify their
posting - you don't like it, don't respond!
USENET READER

Unquestionably Confused wrote:

on 5/3/2005 8:25 AM USENET READER said the following:

I wanted to only see responses that were on topic - I included the
qualifier that I didn't want to read the off-topic crap that didn't
address the quesions.

As someone else mentioned, "What question(s)?" There were no questions
asked in your original post. Merely a rambling, semi-coherent statement
of your situation and what you'd seen and done. Concluding with your
condescending remark that we could save our breath unless we could reply
directly on point.

Jesus - what a douchebag - so ****ing sue me - any retard and most
Republicans could see I was looking for recommendations for windows.

SO make a ****ing recommendation or shut the **** up!

[...]

NO one offered advice - they asked stupid questions or responded
off-topic. You meed to learn how to read and not be so ****ing critical.

Which sort of proved my point - and gave me a new source of e-mail
addys to add to my kill file - entitled "useless usenet assholes who
have nothing of substance to contribute"

You got one of those too? So do I. You just made it worthwhile to
create one.g

Good - who needs a hyper-critical asshole like you posting off topic and
missing the point entirely?

The subject of which windows you should buy based upon all the great
information you provided and the questions you didn't ask has been
beaten to death so I won't comment on it other than to say that given
what you've shown us on this thread, you want to measure twice and order
once to make sure you have one that fits. Ordinarily, I wouldn't think
it necessary to say this but in your case...

More useless information - and off-topic to boot!
USENET READER

Tina wrote:

"USENET READER" wrote in message
thlink.net...

Bite me loser asshole - do you have any idea how many times I have
posted questions and the only responses I get are stupid off-topic
comments that have nothing to do with the original question - like your
posting today?

HEY DICKLESS WONDER I DIDN' T WRITE THE ABOVE STUFF

Told you to get better meds..............;-)

Tina

I wasn't writing that to you, you useless twit!

[...]

USENET READER

Mark Cooper wrote:

Perfect example of omeone in great need of a good "rogering", so she won't
respond with another off-topic comment.

How do you know so much about Paxil meds - they interfere with your
ability to get a good "rogering"?

You know...I don't know Tina, so I can't say whether or not she needs a good
rogering.

But I can say with relative certainty that you need a good bitch-slapping.

You ain't man enough to do the job, but I am sure you know lots about
"bitches"!

USENET READER

wrote:

Bite me loser asshole - do you have any idea how many times I have
posted questions and the only responses I get are stupid off-topic
comments that have nothing to do with the original question - like your
posting today?

Gee, I wonder why you get all those stupid answers. I don't suppose you deserve
it for asking for help and insulting people in the same breath?

rusty redcloud

The only people who could possibly be insulted are the ones - like you -
who can't offer up the requested information and only want to post
off-tpoic **** like this. And I love offending assholes like you!
USENET READER

wrote:

[...]

waht kind of a ****ing name is rusty redcloud? You are a ****ing moron
because I asked for feedback on windows and you have offered up
everythign but info on windows - clearly you must have too much time on
your hands - you unemployed, Chief?
Unquestionably Confused

Red Cloud® wrote:
On Wed, 04 May 2005 00:52:17 GMT, USENET READER
wrote:

Then why respond at all, douchebag? You are the living embodiment of
the type of low-rent asshole that I put the qualifier there for in the
first place!

Please take note of ALL the negative responses you got, you knuckle dragging
mouth breather.

rusty redcloud

Hey, take it easy on him Rusty. He/She has enough problems.

Want some real giggles? Google search his e-mail address and read some
of his posts. This loser draws negative responses like a sponge draws
water.

Surprised that the institutions in the Triangle area allow such
unfettered access to computers for their patients, er, clients.

Usually don't see this much rage from those who are having a sexual
identity crisis until they snap and off themselves.

Shouldn't have to wait too long on this one.

Mark Cooper

Perfect example of omeone in great need of a good "rogering", so she
won't respond with another off-topic comment.

How do you know so much about Paxil meds - they interfere with your
ability to get a good "rogering"?

You know...I don't know Tina, so I can't say whether or not she needs a
good rogering.

But I can say with relative certainty that you need a good
bitch-slapping.

You ain't man enough to do the job, but I am sure you know lots about
"bitches"!

Does "everything" have to be in quotes to you?

Tina

Snip

You are truly an idiot in every possible interpretation of the word.
I'd suggest that you get a clue, but that seems well beyond your
capabilities.

rusty redcloud

USENET READER Wrote

waht kind of a ****ing name is rusty redcloud? You are a ****ing moron
because I asked for feedback on windows and you have offered up
everythign but info on windows - clearly you must have too much time on
your hands - you unemployed, Chief?

He who throws stones...no more snappy answers...at least I have the Big
enough balls to use my real name,,, I'd suggest you get whatever brand of
windows and add bars to them so you lock your silly ass up and quit wasteing
your breath on this group for any real answers or help.

Tina

Prometheus

SO make a ****ing recommendation or shut the **** up!

In half the amount of time you spent flaming everyone, you could have
made your own double-paned wooden windows from scratch, and then you'd
have the ability to repair them later on- which is not so easy with
aluminum or vinyl windows.

There's my recommandation. No need to flame *or* thank me for being
on topic- you made my kill filter.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
bremen68

Ya know, I forgot to ask. Did you want clear glass in those windows?

Robert Bonomi

In article . net,
USENET READER wrote:

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article . net,
USENET READER wrote:

I wanted to only see responses that were on topic -

"What you want is not necessarily what you get."

- I included the
qualifier that I didn't want to read the off-topic crap that didn't
address the quesions.

"Tough sh*t*" applies.

You are _not_ the moderator of the newsgroup, so you have *no* authority or
position to even ATTEMPT to dictate who, how, or what, gets posted in
response to your message.

If you don't like a response, *IGNORE* it.

who died and made you Pope?

Since you ask, His Eminence was known by the name of Sicola.

That's right, I was baptised and annointed by Pope Sicola.

I can post any ****ing thing I want to,

And SO CAN ANYBODY ELSE. Including those who chose not to follow your
'instructions'.

including qualifiers to keep shut-in ass-wipes like you from offering

You were looking in the mirror again, when you wrote that, weren't you?

stupid advice or questions that have nothing to do with the question.

Like anyone can ask a question on USENET, anyone can qualify their
posting - you don't like it, don't respond!

You can _request_ certain behavior, *NO* one has any reqirement to honor
your request.

You have no standing to criticize those who who chose not to honor your
request.

*plonk*
bremen68

Ya know, the funny thing is the originator of this thread has been, by
far the most abusive contributor.

I also notice that for being so intent on not getting off topic he
keeps trying to bait a political discussion by some of his rather
cutting and oh so thoughtout "colorful" responses that include party
slaps.

On 2005-05-03, Tom Disque wrote:
On Mon, 02 May 2005 22:32:05 GMT, USENET READER
wrote:

bremen68 wrote:

It's so nice to know that there are rods on the net as well as in real
life.

Opening like that I'm sure the contractors were thrilled to death to
deal with ya. ;-)

My daddy always said something about more Bee's with honey.........

Yes - I like to be polite too, but when there are too many dingleberries
out there who can't answer a simple direct question - like "does the
truck you are selling have air conditioning?", I have to qualify my
questions and if the dingleberries chose to take offense, then this will
waste less of my time.

Sorry to interrupt the flamefest with an actual answer. This response
may not qualify anyway, because I think you said you want to install
them yourself, but here goes!

When I moved into my current home in October 2000, the windows were
single pane glass that did little to insulate. I started shopping for
new windows and settled on Window World, although the Aluminum Company
of NC came in a very close second. WW had the bast price
($300/window); as far as quality they all seemed equivalent. The
difference in insulating capacity was incredible (they're double
paned, argon filled), and easily made up the $60/mo. that the CP&L
energy loan costs. They are easy to clean, and I've had no problem
with them.

If you are doing the work yourself, be sure to wear some kind of
respirator when cutting Hardiplank. The fine dust can cause silicosis
of the lungs. The hispanics who did mine did not except for the actual
cutter, but that dust goes over all of them. I think I would have
rigged up some kind of fan to disperse the dust faster as well as used a
respirator.

Definitely get a bid form TALC of NC since they can do all that you want
trim, siding and windows.

is a garbage address.

["Followup-To:" header set to triangle.general.]
On 2005-05-02, Lee Michaels wrote:

"USENET READER" wrote in message
ink.net...

wrote:

On Mon, 02 May 2005 18:52:57 GMT, USENET READER
wrote:

.

Looking for recommendations/actual experiences with new windows

I guess I qualify -- I'm a renovations contractor.

- please no stupid questions!
Please - no BS comments from people who really can't answer the question.
Please respond through the group. Thanks!

Oops. Guess you don't qualify.

Ken

You do qualify as a shut-in who has no valuable comments to make, just BS
to post.

I do not want to get involved in any kind of flamewar.

But if you want sincere answers, you will do a lot better than to offend
other people. I have to deal with people all the time who are rude to me
because they are "being careful". Which is retarded. How does ****ing
people off help you with your personal safety?

It is like the new mother who drives everywhere at half the speed that
everybody else drives. Supposedly because she is "being careful" And
exposing her newborn to much more danger than if she just drove normally.

The type of question that you asked does get discussed here from time to
time. Many people are happy to respond to such practical and reasonable
questions. And generally folks don't get riled up. Unless you accuse us of
being assholes. Which riles up folks big time. Every time. Without fail.

Congratulations. You not only ****ed a lot of folks off, but many who have
something to contribute are staying away. They don't need the aggravation.

But reading his posts and others replies is just plain funny. I guess
there are not enough postings on rec.humor.funny to keep me amused.

is a garbage address.

On 2005-05-04, USENET READER wrote:

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article . net,
USENET READER wrote:

I wanted to only see responses that were on topic -

"What you want is not necessarily what you get."

- I included the
qualifier that I didn't want to read the off-topic crap that didn't
address the quesions.

"Tough sh*t*" applies.

You are _not_ the moderator of the newsgroup, so you have *no* authority or
position to even ATTEMPT to dictate who, how, or what, gets posted in
response to your message.

If you don't like a response, *IGNORE* it.

who died and made you Pope? I can post any ****ing thing I want to,
including qualifiers to keep shut-in ass-wipes like you from offering
stupid advice or questions that have nothing to do with the question.

Like anyone can ask a question on USENET, anyone can qualify their
posting - you don't like it, don't respond!

So if anyone can post anything, why did you attempt to put a
qualification on replies. You knew it would be ignored, so in essence
you were just waving a red flag in front of a bull. I think you LIKE
the contentiousness and encourage it.

is a garbage address.

On 2005-05-03, USENET READER wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"USENET READER" wrote in message

The current technology seems to be either aluminum, vinyl or other molded
plastic coverings over a wooden window.

Yep.

So we are looking for someone - a building contractor, an architect,
etc - with some real experience with more than one type of window who can
tell me the real life pros and cons of the different types of windows for
sale in the RTP NC area and make some recommendations.

Please - no BS comments from people who really can't answer the question.
Please respond through the group. Thanks!

I've had my own window and door business so I'm qualified to give you a good
answer. Sold and installed most every type at one time or another. OTOH, I
don't like people telling me what I can and cannot say so I'm not going to
waste my time with an arrogant putz like you.

Isn't the customer always right? Even the potential customer? Sorry if

Nope the customer is not always right. They may think they are right,
but are being unreasonable. It is sometimes best if the customer does
leave. Though they may bad mouth the business, it is only as effective
as their own credibility.

I don't want some readneck asshole with Bush stickers on his truck
coming into my yard and unleashing a bunch of illegal mexicans to wreak
havoc on my yard, and taking 15 minutes to tell me some cracker-barrel
story to answer a question that should have been answered with a simple
"yes" or "no".

No wonder you "had" a window and door business. Time is money Bubba!

is a garbage address.
Tom Disque

wrote:

bremen68 wrote:

[...]

Was that necessary? I am suprised to see that the guy who took Bill
Cooper to task for saying that all Middle Easterners look alive feels
that it is necessary to specify the race/nationality/whatever of
anyone for no reason. How about just "the *people* who did...."?

who did mine did not except for the actual
cutter, but that dust goes over all of them. I think I would have
rigged up some kind of fan to disperse the dust faster as well as used a
respirator.

Definitely get a bid form TALC of NC since they can do all that you want
trim, siding and windows.

USENET READER

On 2005-05-03, USENET READER wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

How is it unreasonable to ask for rational discourse and discussion on a
newsgroup about the pros and cons of different types of windows and ask
that the off-topic comments be excluded?

Well you are one asshole contractor who won't get my business. It's my
money and if I want to have someone come to my house who won't waste my
time with corn-pone, cracker-barrel stories about windows and doors that
are not relevent to my questions, then stay the **** home and watch Pat
Robertson and the rest of those racist assholes on TV.

Also, if you plan to bring illegal immigrants to my home to do the work,
so you can afford another steel and gold Rolex while other US citizens
and legal immigrants can't find work because you will only hire illegals
who work for slave labor wages, stay the **** home.

What credibility are you talking about - if you hire illegals and pay
them slave labor wages, you have no credibility. If you tell me to take
what you want to give me and don't ask questions, then you have no
credibility as a vendor and no wonder you aren't in the business anymore.

I don't want some readneck asshole with Bush stickers on his truck
coming into my yard and unleashing a bunch of illegal mexicans to wreak
havoc on my yard, and taking 15 minutes to tell me some cracker-barrel
story to answer a question that should have been answered with a simple
"yes" or "no".

No wonder you "had" a window and door business. Time is money Bubba!

USENET READER

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article . net,
USENET READER wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

And vendors like you prove that saying "caveat emptor" - "let the buyer
beware"!

I have 'fired" customers that were too much trouble.

And I won't hire vendors or contractors with an attitude - which you
obviously have.

I intentionally turn away potential customers that exhibit stigmata
of being 'too much trouble'. It's more profitable _not_ to deal with
them than it is _to_ deal with them.

Asshole contractors like you are the worst kind of bull****, slim-flam
artists around - it's assholes like you who don't follow manufacturer's
installation instructions and are the main reason for call-backs - you
think you know everything. Your failure to follow the instructions
leads to short-term profits on your part, but you go bankrupt, leave or
sell the business and when the roof leaks or the windows fail, you made
your profit and you don't give a ****.

People who do ask you questions and attempts to hold you accountable are
threats to your bottom line. Too ****ing bad - you don't have a
license to steal.

You, I'll refer to the competitor that I like _least_. You two deserve
each other.

WHy - you don't like him because he follows the rules and obeys the
laws, and calls the INS on your ass when he sees you breaking the rules
by hiring illegals and not installing windows or roofs properly?

No wonder you "had" a window and door business. Time is money Bubba!

It sure is. And on that score, isn't amazing how you want people to
*give* you their time and expertise? You haven't offerd to _pay_
anyone for consultation, have you?

OK asshole - see if you can follow this line of reasoning.

I am planning to replace the windows of my house. I want to put energy
efficient, low-maintenence windws in their place. Clearly, I would be
interested in the thoughtful and rational comments of people who have
had such windos put in their houses, or from professionals who have
installed different kinds of windows in various houses over the years
and obviously would have valuable insight as to the various pros and
cons of different types of windows.

I am not asking for some window-selling or installing asshole like you
to give me anything. I prefer to get advice from people who don't have
anything to sell to me.

Over the years, I have offered advice to people on USENET to people who
clearly need advice on anything from photography to cars to advice on
consumer and other legal matters. I haven't asked for a dime, and I
have always stayed on the topic of the original question or comment.
Why? BEcause that is what they asked for. I didn't to be compensated -
that is not what USENET is for.

Are you saying that because USENET is free, any asshole can feel free to
offer up any comment no matter how off topic? If the answer is yes,
then clearly anyone posting a question to a USENET group can ask that
off-topic comments be excluded from the thread.
USENET READER

Tina wrote:

Snip

You are truly an idiot in every possible interpretation of the word.
I'd suggest that you get a clue, but that seems well beyond your
capabilities.

rusty redcloud

USENET READER Wrote

waht kind of a ****ing name is rusty redcloud? You are a ****ing moron
because I asked for feedback on windows and you have offered up
everythign but info on windows - clearly you must have too much time on
your hands - you unemployed, Chief?

He who throws stones...no more snappy answers...at least I have the Big
enough balls to use my real name,,, I'd suggest you get whatever brand of
windows and add bars to them so you lock your silly ass up and quit wasteing
your breath on this group for any real answers or help.

Tina

Someone who calls themselves "tina" says that they have "big enough
balls" to use their real name? Is "Tina" the name you use before or
after the operation - which way are you going? No wonder you call
yourself "wood"girl

wrote:

bremen68 wrote:

[...]

I thought it was, however I was not explicit in saying why I chose to
identify their ethnicity.

Here is what I left out. Only one on
the crew who was the supervisor spoke much english. I suspect they did
not even know what silicosis was. Plus because they were contractors
not employees of TALC of NC, TALC of NC is probably not even required to
tell them what safety measures to take. Plus the effects may not show
up for years. I did mention it to the supervisor (the fan), and that
everyone the dust reached was at some risk. On parts of the house they
could set the saw back another 5 feet and that would help in dispersing
it faster, but on my patio they were in an area where only one side was
open to a breeze and the dust lingered longer. I seem to remember ther
e was a dustless cutting device and I asked the salesman if the crews
used is and he said yes. If that was true then maybe they provide crews
that perhaps employees with it.
who did mine did not except for the actual
cutter, but that dust goes over all of them. I think I would have
rigged up some kind of fan to disperse the dust faster as well as used a
respirator.

Definitely get a bid form TALC of NC since they can do all that you want
trim, siding and windows.

is a garbage address.
USENET READER

Gary L. Burnore wrote:

wrote:

[...]

What kind of a ****ing name is USENET READER?

gee dickhead - it means I use this account to read postings on USENET -
or wasn't that obvious to you?

You are a ****ing moron

Nice little PKB you've got there.

Explain PKB - or does that come from the same place that Larry Mason's
fantasy money come from - out of your respective asses!

because I asked for feedback on windows and you have offered up
everythign but info on windows - clearly you must have too much time on
your hands - you unemployed, Chief?

One could ask you the same question, but surely McDonalds gives you
time off to post.

They let sex offenders like you on the Net, Gary?
Robert Bonomi

In article et,

On 2005-05-03, USENET READER wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

Such a thing can be done in a reasonable manner, or in an unreasonable manner.
When the "request" is couched in language *DELIBERATELY*INTENDED* to inflame,
it is, prima-facie, an _unreasonable_ action.

The fact is, you didn't "ask", you *demanded*. And lashed out at those
who failed to follow your demands.

Of course, that _was_ your intent. in the first place. you didn't want
a reasoned discusion. you wanted a "fight".

Well you are one asshole contractor who won't get my business. It's my
money and if I want to have someone come to my house who won't waste my
time with corn-pone, cracker-barrel stories about windows and doors that
are not relevent to my questions,

Thats ok. You are already a proven LIAR on the subject anyway. You
already said you did not intend to use an installation contractor -- that
you were going to install the windows yourself. So any "illegals" on the
premises are your own personal liability.

Also, if you plan to bring illegal immigrants to my home to do the work,
so you can afford another steel and gold Rolex while other US citizens
and legal immigrants can't find work because you will only hire illegals
who work for slave labor wages, stay the **** home.

snicker You really don't know anything about the way Ed ran his business
do you? For starters, he *hates* Rolex.

What credibility are you talking about - if you hire illegals and pay
them slave labor wages, you have no credibility.

And if it were the case that he paid *premium* wages, because he hired only
the _best_ workers; that he had 50+ applicants for every opening; that there
was a 3+ year waiting list to work for that operation, *then* what would
you say?

If you tell me to take
what you want to give me and don't ask questions, then you have no
credibility as a vendor and no wonder you aren't in the business anymore.

Do you know how many years he was 'in the business', without a SINGLE
customer complaint? Do you have any idea what kind of _profit_ he
sold that business for?

Tina

"USENET READER" wrote in message
ink.net...

Tina wrote:

Snip

[...]

If that's the best you can do ..just shows how truly pitiful you are

Tina ( life is short for trivial dribble)

BobMac

USENET READER wrote:

Please - no BS comments from people who really can't answer the
question. Please respond through the group. Thanks!

Well, I was going to chip in with my own experiences in completely
replacing all the windows in my house, but frankly, I can't be bothered
to deal with a snotty little idjit like you.
BobMac

Red Cloud® wrote:

Please take note of ALL the negative responses you got, you knuckle dragging
mouth breather.

rusty redcloud

It appears that you annoyed him.

So, whatever else happens, your day is not wasted.

rm
Owen Lawrence

Please - no BS comments from people who really can't answer the question.
Please respond through the group. Thanks!

Well, I was going to chip in with my own experiences in completely
replacing all the windows in my house, but frankly, I can't be bothered to
deal with a snotty little idjit like you.

Do you suppose you could chip in for my sake? We've finally saved what I
hope is enough money to replace our windows, but I'm just at the beginning
stage of researching the project. I've got 11 windows to replace (and maybe
both doors), and I'm considering doing the labour myself (to save money, no
other reason). Please say what you have to say. Thanks.

- Owen -

USENET READER

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article et,
USENET READER wrote:

On 2005-05-03, USENET READER wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

Because I didn't want to have to sift through tons of responses about BS
topics to find a few gems that were on topic.

Such a thing can be done in a reasonable manner, or in an unreasonable manner.
When the "request" is couched in language *DELIBERATELY*INTENDED* to inflame,
it is, prima-facie, an _unreasonable_ action.

my original comment qualifier was: "Please - no BS comments from people
who really can't answer the question." How is that an unreasonble manner?

I am simply asking people to respond on the original topic if they can,
and resist the temptation to offer useless advice or information that
couldn't possibly begin to address the original topic. I see that most
of these people who feel that "just saying NO" and advocate sexual
abstinence for young people can't seem to resist temptation.

The fact is, you didn't "ask", you *demanded*. And lashed out at those
who failed to follow your demands.

Asshole - I wrote "Please - no BS comments from people who really can't
answer the question. Please respond through the group. Thanks!" I
even said "please" and "thank you" in advance - how much more nicer
could I ask people to resist the temptation to offer bull****, off-topic

Of course, that _was_ your intent. in the first place. you didn't want
a reasoned discusion. you wanted a "fight".

No - by saying "Please - no BS comments from people who really can't
answer the question. Please respond through the group. Thanks!" I
wanted only on-topic responses. You people either can't read and
comprehend the meaning of those words in between "please" and "thank
you", or you just can't control yourselves. Remember that when it comes
to wondering why kids just can't say "no" to sex.

Well you are one asshole contractor who won't get my business. It's my
money and if I want to have someone come to my house who won't waste my
time with corn-pone, cracker-barrel stories about windows and doors that
are not relevent to my questions,

Thats ok. You are already a proven LIAR on the subject anyway. You
already said you did not intend to use an installation contractor -- that
you were going to install the windows yourself. So any "illegals" on the
premises are your own personal liability.

No - asshole - I said I was looking for un-biased advice on the pluses
and minueses of the different types of wimdows. When did I write (not
say - you can't say things in print, or don't you understand that?). I
said I would not use any contractor who hires illegals. If that means I
have to install the windows on my own, how does that make me a liar? If
anything, it makes any contractor who hires illegals a CRIMINAL - it is
against the law to hire illegals. Or don't you know that either?

Also, if you plan to bring illegal immigrants to my home to do the work,
so you can afford another steel and gold Rolex while other US citizens
and legal immigrants can't find work because you will only hire illegals
who work for slave labor wages, stay the **** home.

snicker You really don't know anything about the way Ed ran his business
do you? For starters, he *hates* Rolex.

"Rolex' is a symbol (you know what a "symbol" is, don't you?) for people
who love to screw their fellow Americans - no one who wears a Rolex on
theri wrist is gonna actually work in the trenches for a living, are
they? I am sure Ed didn't do the actual work - he is one of those khaki
trouser wearing supervising assholes who makes all the money and does
none of the actual "work".

What credibility are you talking about - if you hire illegals and pay
them slave labor wages, you have no credibility.

And if it were the case that he paid *premium* wages, because he hired only
the _best_ workers; that he had 50+ applicants for every opening; that there
was a 3+ year waiting list to work for that operation, *then* what would
you say?

What are "premium wages"? Is that compared to minimum wage, what they
pay at Wal-Mart, or in comparison to the regular wages they pay
illegals? If he hires illegals as "independent contractors" and doesn't
pay Social Security, Workman's Comp, Unemployment Insurance, he can
afford to pay a higher wage for the best people who will work under
those conditions, but he is still hiring illegals and he is still
BREAKING THE LAW!

If you tell me to take
what you want to give me and don't ask questions, then you have no
credibility as a vendor and no wonder you aren't in the business anymore.

Do you know how many years he was 'in the business', without a SINGLE
customer complaint? Do you have any idea what kind of _profit_ he
sold that business for?

If he hires illegals, I could really give a **** about all that. And
why don't you go ahead and tell me how many years he was in business
for, how much he sold the business for, and the hourly wage he pays his
illegals? You seem to know that info - why not offer up really useful
info and not useless crap that we can't possibly guess at? That is
because you don't believe in offering up useful info - you only offer crap!