On 2005-05-05, Tom Disque wrote:

On 2005-05-03, Tom Disque wrote:
On Mon, 02 May 2005 22:32:05 GMT, USENET READER
wrote:

bremen68 wrote:

It's so nice to know that there are rods on the net as well as in real
life.

Opening like that I'm sure the contractors were thrilled to death to
deal with ya. ;-)

My daddy always said something about more Bee's with honey.........

Yes - I like to be polite too, but when there are too many dingleberries
out there who can't answer a simple direct question - like "does the
truck you are selling have air conditioning?", I have to qualify my
questions and if the dingleberries chose to take offense, then this will
waste less of my time.

Sorry to interrupt the flamefest with an actual answer. This response
may not qualify anyway, because I think you said you want to install
them yourself, but here goes!

When I moved into my current home in October 2000, the windows were
single pane glass that did little to insulate. I started shopping for
new windows and settled on Window World, although the Aluminum Company
of NC came in a very close second. WW had the bast price
($300/window); as far as quality they all seemed equivalent. The
difference in insulating capacity was incredible (they're double
paned, argon filled), and easily made up the $60/mo. that the CP&L
energy loan costs. They are easy to clean, and I've had no problem
with them.

If you are doing the work yourself, be sure to wear some kind of
respirator when cutting Hardiplank. The fine dust can cause silicosis
of the lungs. The hispanics

Was that necessary? I am suprised to see that the guy who took Bill
Cooper to task for saying that all Middle Easterners look alive feels
that it is necessary to specify the race/nationality/whatever of
anyone for no reason. How about just "the *people* who did...."?

I thought it was, however I was not explicit in saying why I chose to
identify their ethnicity.

Here is what I left out. Only one on
the crew who was the supervisor spoke much english. I suspect they did
not even know what silicosis was. Plus because they were contractors
not employees of TALC of NC, TALC of NC is probably not even required to
tell them what safety measures to take. Plus the effects may not show
up for years. I did mention it to the supervisor (the fan), and that
everyone the dust reached was at some risk. On parts of the house they
could set the saw back another 5 feet and that would help in dispersing
it faster, but on my patio they were in an area where only one side was
open to a breeze and the dust lingered longer. I seem to remember ther
e was a dustless cutting device and I asked the salesman if the crews
used is and he said yes. If that was true then maybe they provide crews
that perhaps employees with it.
who did mine did not except for the actual
cutter, but that dust goes over all of them. I think I would have
rigged up some kind of fan to disperse the dust faster as well as used a
respirator.

Definitely get a bid form TALC of NC since they can do all that you want
trim, siding and windows.

is a garbage address.