Tom Disque

On Tue, 03 May 2005 13:32:38 GMT, USENET READER
wrote:

Matt - why would you consider vinyl over aluminum-clad windows? This is
an example of the type of on-topic response I was seeking when I posted
the original question. Thank you for staying on topic.

Since aluminum is a conductor and vinyl is not, I would think that
vinyl does a better job of insulating. Mine are vinyl; since it's
been almost five years, I don't recall if aluminum was presented as an
option.

Matt L. wrote:

I bought and installed myself Pella's ProLine aluminum-clad double-hung wood
windows. They are about 5 years old now. I am pleased with them but if I
ever remodel another house I would probably consider vinyl windows that
don't have to be painted. I bought my windows from the Pella store in Cary
but I think they can also be ordered through Home Depot.

"USENET READER" wrote in message
ink.net...

Greetings - I am looking specifically for recommendations on some new
windows for my home.