USENET READER

Unquestionably Confused wrote:

on 5/3/2005 8:25 AM USENET READER said the following:

I wanted to only see responses that were on topic - I included the
qualifier that I didn't want to read the off-topic crap that didn't
address the quesions.

As someone else mentioned, "What question(s)?" There were no questions
asked in your original post. Merely a rambling, semi-coherent statement
of your situation and what you'd seen and done. Concluding with your
condescending remark that we could save our breath unless we could reply
directly on point.

Jesus - what a douchebag - so ****ing sue me - any retard and most
Republicans could see I was looking for recommendations for windows.

Does this sound like you're asking a question?

"Greetings - I am looking specifically for recommendations on some new
windows for my home.

SO make a ****ing recommendation or shut the **** up!

It's a 35 YO split level in the Piedmont area of North Carolina. We do
get cold weather but mostly hot weather, direct sun on the windows on
three sides of the house.

The house is going to be remodeled from the roof down - new shingles,
fascia and soffits, as well as siding. Gonna be putting up Hardiplank
siding, and AZEK trim boards and possibly brick mold around the windows.

I went to a home show a few weeks ago, and heard some wild and
contradictory claims from window company reps who said that their window
technology was better than the other guys.

Basially I have old single-pane wooden windows on the house now. I want
to replace them with more maintenence-free and energy efficient windows
- wooden on the inside, and they can be whatever works on the outside.

The current technology seems to be either aluminum, vinyl or other
molded plastic coverings over a wooden window. The aluminum cladding is
either extruded or pressed and joined over the wood. One aluminum guy
says that the extruded aluminum is superior to the pressed and joined
aluminum covering and that aluminum is better than vinyl because it
doesn't expand and contract as much as vinyl The Vinyl guys say that
the coloring on the exteriors won't wear out like the paint on the
aluminum.

We simply want white or off-white windows for the house that need a
minimum of maintenence given the weather conditions down here in NC. So
we are looking for someone - a building contractor, an architect, etc -
with some real experience with more than one type of window who can tell
me the real life pros and cons of the different types of windows for
sale in the RTP NC area and make some recommendations.

Please - no BS comments from people who really can't answer the
question. Please respond through the group. Thanks!"

Notice that I was asking which windows are the most durable and
maintenence-free, and someone came back and asked me whether or not I
want screens included. You would think that would be a good question,
but every single window manufcturer makes screens for their windows,
so how would screens factor into the maintenence issues? Therefore,
that is an example of the type of stupid, off-topic post that I sought
to avoid.

IIRC the post about the screeens came after you had shown to the group
what you were all about. It was a bit of a tongue in cheek tweak and
you bit.

Why should I worry about offending people who have nothing of value to

offer me?

You shouldn't. What you SHOULD worry about it is the advice you receive
next time you ask. After the way you talked down to this group, if
somebody here offered you the opinion that the sun rises in the east
you'd do well to verify it with an astronomer. Not that anyone would
purposely give Mr. Know it All bad information just to see him suffer.
No, that would never happen.

NO one offered advice - they asked stupid questions or responded
off-topic. You meed to learn how to read and not be so ****ing critical.

Which sort of proved my point - and gave me a new source of e-mail
addys to add to my kill file - entitled "useless usenet assholes who
have nothing of substance to contribute"

You got one of those too? So do I. You just made it worthwhile to
create one.g

Good - who needs a hyper-critical asshole like you posting off topic and
missing the point entirely?

The subject of which windows you should buy based upon all the great
information you provided and the questions you didn't ask has been
beaten to death so I won't comment on it other than to say that given
what you've shown us on this thread, you want to measure twice and order
once to make sure you have one that fits. Ordinarily, I wouldn't think
it necessary to say this but in your case...

More useless information - and off-topic to boot!