UK diy (uk.d-i-y) For the discussion of all topics related to diy (do-it-yourself) in the UK. All levels of experience and proficency are welcome to join in to ask questions or offer solutions.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #81   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 13:54:29 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 03/06/2021 13:49, T i m wrote:

More importantly, there is no obligation what so ever for any one to
*reply* to what I type


Even more importantly, there is no obligation what so ever for you to
write it in the first place, in a DIY group.


Along with *every* OT discussion here of course (and many are OT but
not marked as such. Few seem to care as much about that as they do the
mention of not causing animals unnecessary pain, suffering and death).

However, most of the triva discussed here has little impact on anyone
else, whereas say IC vehicle pollution, livestock pollution or nuclear
fallout contamination can impact millions if not everyone.

Cheers, T i m
  #82   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 03/06/2021 12:52, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 10:31:10 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , Robin
writes
On 02/06/2021 19:18, John Rumm wrote:
snip
Given the tools, I would be happy to filter just the off topic
rants. Then we would both be happy.


As would I

+1


Now, if you could just get all the other trolls to killfile me we
could get back to regular and respectful adult conversation across a
whole range of subjects.


It would be so much easier for everyone to killfile you, knowing that
your lies will be corrected by others.
If their message filter kills the sub-thread then they don't even have
to see the replies.
  #83   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 14:46:57 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , T i m
writes
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 10:31:10 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , Robin
writes
On 02/06/2021 19:18, John Rumm wrote:
snip
Given the tools, I would be happy to filter just the off topic
rants. Then we would both be happy.


As would I

+1


Now, if you could just get all the other trolls to killfile me we
could get back to regular and respectful adult conversation across a
whole range of subjects.


Actually that's not a bad idea. If everyone kill files the troll he can
rant at himself.


+1!

Hopefully you will lead the way (and all of your socks etc).

Cheers, T i m
  #84   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 03/06/2021 15:20, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 14:46:57 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , T i m
writes
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 10:31:10 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , Robin
writes
On 02/06/2021 19:18, John Rumm wrote:
snip
Given the tools, I would be happy to filter just the off topic
rants. Then we would both be happy.


As would I

+1

Now, if you could just get all the other trolls to killfile me we
could get back to regular and respectful adult conversation across a
whole range of subjects.


Actually that's not a bad idea. If everyone kill files the troll he can
rant at himself.


+1!

Hopefully you will lead the way (and all of your socks etc).


Does this mean if Bert killfiles you'll stop your fanatical rants?

Is this another lie?

  #85   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 03/06/2021 15:19, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 13:54:29 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 03/06/2021 13:49, T i m wrote:

More importantly, there is no obligation what so ever for any one to
*reply* to what I type


Even more importantly, there is no obligation what so ever for you to
write it in the first place, in a DIY group.


Along with *every* OT discussion here of course (and many are OT but
not marked as such.


Your posts within this thread are not marked OT. They could be as
already pointed out to you.

Few seem to care as much about that as they do the
mention of not causing animals unnecessary pain, suffering


I keep mentioning it, though I'm sure you'd rather I didn't. Why don't
you support campaigns to improve animal welfare?

Have you signed this:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/560605

Or this:
https://www.rspca.org.uk/getinvolved...ughter/england

Did you sign this one?
https://petition.parliament.uk/archived/petitions/64331

and death).


A necessary event if we are to eat a natural balanced diet.

However, most of the triva discussed here


Most of your posts involve lies, not trivia.

has little impact on anyone
else, whereas say IC vehicle pollution, livestock pollution or nuclear
fallout contamination can impact millions if not everyone.


Are you expecting a nuclear war?


  #86   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,681
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 03/06/2021 15:08, T i m wrote:

snip a puzzling response from someone so keen on "the bigger picture"

HTH.


It did help. I am persuaded my remaining life is too short to read
anything more from or in response to you. Bye.


--
Robin
reply-to address is (intended to be) valid
  #87   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 03/06/2021 14:19, T i m wrote:

However, most of the triva discussed here has little impact on anyone
else, whereas say IC vehicle pollution, livestock pollution or nuclear
fallout contamination can impact millions if not everyone.


The solution is simple. You just don't see the bigger picture.

As you hint at in your comment on IC vehicles, you could do the same
with livestock. That is, have no livestock at all in this country, just
import the meat from another country, thereby exporting the alleged
pollution there - in exact parallel to electric vehicles (the pollution
from mining, processing, and manufacture of the batteries, etc takes
elsewhere), while the goody-two-shoes like you say "Aren't out cars
pollution-free!". Ditto the electricity generators to power these
electric vehicles.

If you're expecting a nuclear war, then none of this matters, of course.
Three weeks after Nuclear Armageddon, you'll be hunting rats to eat,
after dining on your dog, and killing your fellow man to do so. You've
seen enough videos on how to do it, so you will have an advantage.

--
Spike
  #88   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 40,893
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes



"Robin" wrote in message
...
On 03/06/2021 10:10, T i m wrote:

It really seems like you would much rather just put your fingers in
your ears when it comes to anything that calls into question your
acceptance of causing *some* animals to suffer and die because your
cognitive dissonance (to them) and your logical inconsistency (that
supports the former) has supported your conditioning for all these
years.


Do you (pandemics permitting) go to pubs, clubs, marrow growing
competitions, churches or other places where you meet people not of your
family or close acquaintance at which you find yourself in discussion with
people face to face?


No he doesnt, he has said he avoids those situations.

If so, do you similarly turn the discussion time and again to the
necessity of veganism and the stupidity of anyone who disagrees?



  #89   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 17:09:56 +0100, Robin wrote:

On 03/06/2021 15:08, T i m wrote:

snip a puzzling response from someone so keen on "the bigger picture"


Shame you couldn't understand a very simple, honest and real world
answer. Maybe you didn't really want an answer in the first place.

HTH.


It did help. I am persuaded my remaining life is too short to read
anything more from or in response to you.


Good. That will save us both from wasting any further time then and
I'm pretty sure neither of us will be worse off.

Bye.


Byeee!

Cheers, T i m

  #90   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 03:31:01 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:



"Robin" wrote in message
...
On 03/06/2021 10:10, T i m wrote:

It really seems like you would much rather just put your fingers in
your ears when it comes to anything that calls into question your
acceptance of causing *some* animals to suffer and die because your
cognitive dissonance (to them) and your logical inconsistency (that
supports the former) has supported your conditioning for all these
years.


Do you (pandemics permitting) go to pubs, clubs, marrow growing
competitions, churches or other places where you meet people not of your
family or close acquaintance at which you find yourself in discussion with
people face to face?


No he doesnt, he has said he avoids those situations.

Quite. Given how obviously fascinated with my life they are you would
have thought they would be bright enough to keep up. ;-(

Cheers, T i m




  #91   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 25,191
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 03/06/2021 13:07, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 11:12:28 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 03/06/2021 09:26, Steve Walker wrote:
On 03/06/2021 08:40, Tim Lamb wrote:
Robin writes
On 02/06/2021 19:18, John Rumm wrote:


snip


*Given the tools, I would be happy to filter just the off topic
rants. Then we would both be happy.


As would I


Sadly, with so little current *on topic* input from Tim, I have adopted
the full sanction.


I invoked that some time ago. I could cope with him stating his point of
view in one OT thread, but not proselytising in every thread possible,
when no more than 2 or 3 posts would have covered it all.


A T-bird filter based on
Match all
Subject Contains OT
Author is T i m
Action Mark Message As Read

...will, if you select Unread Messages in the View pane, mean that these
won't be seen.


Thanks for that. The less denial I have to deal with here the easier
it will be for me to properly discuss the topic (that impacts us all)
with the grownups. ;-)


That only works if you add the OT each time you start the sermon - and
not just on new threads.



--
Cheers,

John.

/================================================== ===============\
| Internode Ltd - http://www.internode.co.uk |
|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
| John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk |
\================================================= ================/
  #92   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 03/06/2021 13:07, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 11:12:28 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 03/06/2021 09:26, Steve Walker wrote:
On 03/06/2021 08:40, Tim Lamb wrote:
Robin writes
On 02/06/2021 19:18, John Rumm wrote:


snip


*Given the tools, I would be happy to filter just the off topic
rants. Then we would both be happy.


As would I


Sadly, with so little current *on topic* input from Tim, I have adopted
the full sanction.


I invoked that some time ago. I could cope with him stating his point of
view in one OT thread, but not proselytising in every thread possible,
when no more than 2 or 3 posts would have covered it all.


A T-bird filter based on
Match all
Subject Contains OT
Author is T i m
Action Mark Message As Read

...will, if you select Unread Messages in the View pane, mean that these
won't be seen.


Thanks for that. The less denial I have to deal with here the easier
it will be for me to properly discuss the topic (that impacts us all)
with the grownups. ;-)


If you stop posting lies you wouldn't feel so much in denial when
they're shown to be utterly fallacious.


It's not as if he has anything new to say on the topic, after all.


You seem to find plenty to reply to troll?


I wouldn't call it trolling, correcting your lies and putting them into
perspective.

Trolling is your department.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. And I use the same email address, news reader, news server (till
I have to move from VM) and (real) name to make killfiling easier. No
socks, aliases or hiding behind false email addresses here.


You're not in my killfile when it is my duty to correct your obsessive
fanaticism of telling lies.

  #93   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 03/06/2021 18:43, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 17:09:56 +0100, Robin wrote:

On 03/06/2021 15:08, T i m wrote:

snip a puzzling response from someone so keen on "the bigger picture"


Shame you couldn't understand a very simple, honest and real world
answer. Maybe you didn't really want an answer in the first place.

HTH.


It did help. I am persuaded my remaining life is too short to read
anything more from or in response to you.


Good. That will save us both from wasting any further time then and
I'm pretty sure neither of us will be worse off.


Shame, just means more work for the rest of us.

Bye.


Byeee!

Cheers, T i m


  #94   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 03/06/2021 18:45, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 03:31:01 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:



"Robin" wrote in message
...
On 03/06/2021 10:10, T i m wrote:

It really seems like you would much rather just put your fingers in
your ears when it comes to anything that calls into question your
acceptance of causing *some* animals to suffer and die because your
cognitive dissonance (to them) and your logical inconsistency (that
supports the former) has supported your conditioning for all these
years.


Do you (pandemics permitting) go to pubs, clubs, marrow growing
competitions, churches or other places where you meet people not of your
family or close acquaintance at which you find yourself in discussion with
people face to face?


No he doesnt, he has said he avoids those situations.

Quite. Given how obviously fascinated with my life they are you would
have thought they would be bright enough to keep up. ;-(


We've already guessed you wouldn't be a sociable animal in real life.
  #95   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 13:50:09 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 03/06/2021 11:44, T i m wrote:

It's difficult to discuss anything with someone who has a closed mind
and there is nothing more close than someone who has been
indoctrinated over most of their lives to accept something they agree
is against their morals.


Having been through your anti-meat-eating veganist-conditioning exercise
when very young, I'd have to say it doesn't work.


Doesn't work for you maybe.

I'm having a vegan
pizza tonight, balanced with added cheese and chicken.


Plenty of other non animal things you could have added to that to make
it 'balanced'.

The morality is
that we are at the very top of the food chain.


Only by the virtual of our ability to use tools / weapons. I would
*love* to see you go 1 to 1 with even a chimp with just the tools you
were born with.

Get over it.


I don't need to get over anything as I'm the one who's actions are
aligned with my morals. I know yours are *very* confused as you can't
decide which animals to cause suffering and death to and which not.

Confront any average meat eater with
slaughterhouse footage and they cringe and are disgusted. Why do they
react like that if what they are seeing is 'natural' and 'normal'?


Anyone who has seen the opening 30 minutes of Saving Private Ryan, and
watched the occasional TV programme dealing with slaughterhouses, won't
have an issue,


Bull****. Massive difference between what we see on TV and what we
encounter in real life. Unless you are one of those that watch a
Batman film and then think you can fly?

Snowflakes and veganists might.


Ah, people with the ability to show compassion and benevolence, don't
want to promote antibiotic resistance, risk zoonotic pandemics, create
unnecessarily levels of pollution and maintain a sustainable food
supply ... and not consider themselves a God you mean?

Keep stamping on those chickens!

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Have we missed where you have told us why you don't eat cows and
sheep but do eat chickens?


  #96   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,560
Default Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 03:31:01 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:



No


LOL!!! Sick idiot!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
"Auto-contradictor Rod is back! (in the KF)"
MID:
  #97   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 39,563
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 03/06/2021 14:54, Spike wrote:
On 03/06/2021 13:49, T i m wrote:

More importantly, there is no obligation what so ever for any one to
*reply* to what I type


Even more importantly, there is no obligation what so ever for you to
write it in the first place, in a DIY group.

paraphrasing what my irascible (Irish) English teacher said:

"Every man has a right to post anything he wants and every other man has
the right to kill file him for doing it'.

All perfectly ok.

T i m is in my killfile because its not possible to have an intelligent
conversation with him and because he has never contributed any D-I-Y
knowledge I found valuable, prior to being kill filed.

cost benefit analysis suggested to me that engaging with him or even
reading his posts was a complete waste of my time




--
It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people
who pay no price for being wrong.

Thomas Sowell
  #98   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 39,563
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 03/06/2021 17:09, Robin wrote:
On 03/06/2021 15:08, T i m wrote:

snip a puzzling response from someone so keen on "the bigger picture"

HTH.


It did help.* I am persuaded my remaining life is too short to read
anything more from or in response to you.* Bye.


My reaction exactly about a year ago


--
Microsoft : the best reason to go to Linux that ever existed.
  #99   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 20:42:50 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

snip

T i m is in my killfile because its not possible to have an intelligent
conversation with him and because he has never contributed any D-I-Y
knowledge I found valuable, prior to being kill filed.


Bwhahahahaha. Oh you are funny Turnip!

You are regularly replying to me from behind your cowardly killfile
because that's all you are, a pathetic old coward!

cost benefit analysis suggested to me that engaging with him or even
reading his posts was a complete waste of my time


Of course it was ... except your analysis then was a good as it is in
most of the crap you try to post ... yet again, here we are with your
'wasting time' discussing me! You really couldn't make this stuff up
but I'm sure it won't stop you still trying.

Now if I really didn't post anything worthy of attention you (or the
other trolls) simply wouldn't reply to it ever ... and I'm really
looking forward to that day!

Cheers, T i m
  #100   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 20:43:20 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 03/06/2021 17:09, Robin wrote:
On 03/06/2021 15:08, T i m wrote:

snip a puzzling response from someone so keen on "the bigger picture"

HTH.


It did help.* I am persuaded my remaining life is too short to read
anything more from or in response to you.* Bye.


My reaction exactly about a year ago


And ye, a year later, here you are still taking about me and replying
to my posts from behind your (obviously broken) cowardly killfile!

I guess it must give you solace to be in the company of others
preferring to bury their heads in the sand than face a truth that
hurts. ;-(

But hey, I shouldn't really reply to you, seeing how many people have
you killfiled!

Cheers, T i m



  #101   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 03/06/2021 20:53, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 20:42:50 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

snip

T i m is in my killfile because its not possible to have an intelligent
conversation with him and because he has never contributed any D-I-Y
knowledge I found valuable, prior to being kill filed.


Bwhahahahaha. Oh you are funny Turnip!

You are regularly replying to me from behind your cowardly killfile
because that's all you are, a pathetic old coward!


Are you now whingeing he's killfiled you he doesn't value your on-topic
posts either?

The only coward here is the one that won't entertain a discussion and
when shown to have lied resorts to abuse.

cost benefit analysis suggested to me that engaging with him or even
reading his posts was a complete waste of my time


Of course it was


And everyone else's time.
  #102   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 03/06/2021 20:57, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 20:43:20 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 03/06/2021 17:09, Robin wrote:
On 03/06/2021 15:08, T i m wrote:

snip a puzzling response from someone so keen on "the bigger picture"

HTH.

It did help.* I am persuaded my remaining life is too short to read
anything more from or in response to you.* Bye.


My reaction exactly about a year ago


And ye, a year later, here you are still taking about me and replying
to my posts from behind your (obviously broken) cowardly killfile!


Are you now whingeing he's killfiled you he doesn't value your on-topic
posts either?

The only coward here is the one that won't entertain a discussion and
when shown to have lied resorts to abuse.

I guess it must give you solace to be in the company of others
preferring to bury their heads in the sand than face a truth that
hurts. ;-(


You don't respond to my posts because the truth hurts. That could well
be because you know your own arguments carry little or no substance.

But hey, I shouldn't really reply to you, seeing how many people have
you killfiled!


He provides more useful info that any of your posts.
  #103   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,560
Default Senile Smartass Alert! LOL

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 21:38:26 +0100, Fredxx, the notorious, troll-feeding,
senile smartass, blathered again:


The only coward here is the one that won't entertain a discussion and
when shown to have lied resorts to abuse.


Exactly, senile smartass! pat pat
  #104   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 43,017
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
On 03/06/2021 08:40, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Robin
writes
On 02/06/2021 19:18, John Rumm wrote:
snip
Given the tools, I would be happy to filter just the off topic
rants. Then we would both be happy.


As would I


Sadly, with so little current *on topic* input from Tim, I have adopted
the full sanction.


I invoked that some time ago. I could cope with him stating his point of
view in one OT thread, but not proselytising in every thread possible,
when no more than 2 or 3 posts would have covered it all.


Only ones I've killfiled are genuine trolls or nutters. I'd say Tim is
very genuine in his beliefs so merely skip his posts when he gets on that
high horse. Unless a horse is exploited too by man. ;-)

--
*Kill one man and you're a murderer, kill a million youand 're a conqueror.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
  #105   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,556
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

In article , Fredxx
writes
On 03/06/2021 15:20, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 14:46:57 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , T i m
writes
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 10:31:10 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , Robin
writes
On 02/06/2021 19:18, John Rumm wrote:
snip
Given the tools, I would be happy to filter just the off topic
rants. Then we would both be happy.


As would I

+1

Now, if you could just get all the other trolls to killfile me we
could get back to regular and respectful adult conversation across a
whole range of subjects.


Actually that's not a bad idea. If everyone kill files the troll he
can
rant at himself.

+1!
Hopefully you will lead the way (and all of your socks etc).


Does this mean if Bert killfiles you'll stop your fanatical rants?

Is this another lie?

I'm willing to make the sacrifice.

--
bert


  #106   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,556
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

In article , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 03/06/2021 14:54, Spike wrote:
On 03/06/2021 13:49, T i m wrote:

More importantly, there is no obligation what so ever for any one to
*reply* to what I type

Even more importantly, there is no obligation what so ever for you
to
write it in the first place, in a DIY group.

paraphrasing what my irascible (Irish) English teacher said:

"Every man has a right to post anything he wants and every other man
has the right to kill file him for doing it'.

All perfectly ok.

T i m is in my killfile because its not possible to have an intelligent
conversation with him and because he has never contributed any D-I-Y
knowledge I found valuable, prior to being kill filed.

cost benefit analysis suggested to me that engaging with him or even
reading his posts was a complete waste of my time




+1
--
bert
  #107   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,556
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

In article , Fredxx
writes
On 03/06/2021 18:43, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 17:09:56 +0100, Robin wrote:

On 03/06/2021 15:08, T i m wrote:

snip a puzzling response from someone so keen on "the bigger picture"

Shame you couldn't understand a very simple, honest and real world
answer. Maybe you didn't really want an answer in the first place.

HTH.

It did help. I am persuaded my remaining life is too short to read
anything more from or in response to you.

Good. That will save us both from wasting any further time then and
I'm pretty sure neither of us will be worse off.


Shame, just means more work for the rest of us.

Just Kill file him
--
bert
  #108   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 10:54:03 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Only ones I've killfiled are genuine trolls or nutters. I'd say Tim is
very genuine in his beliefs


Indeed and unlike the accusations of the worst of the troll / nutters,
my passion / advocacy isn't any benefit to me (other than indirectly
via reduced pollution, better human health (freeing up the medical
system for genuine / unavoidable illness and less antibiotic
resistance) and for many, a better feeling inside because their
actions then are in keeping with their morals.

so merely skip his posts when he gets on that
high horse.


Of course (other than I don't have a 'high horse', just passion to
protect animals from the suffering and death they *ARE* suffering
unnecessarily) except that seems too difficult for some people for
some reason. I wonder if the subject pricks their conscience ... ?

Unless a horse is exploited too by man. ;-)


By Jove he's got it! ;-)

Basically, if we are supposed to be this advanced species then we
shouldn't be exploiting these creatures at all ... but ensuring they
can exist with the least disruption. So, we are building bridges over
roads for deer, rabbit and foxes to cross safely and tunnels and pipes
for frogs etc. We are now re-wilding all sorts of areas (inc taking
them out of direct food production) to encourage the return of
wildlife ... and patrolling large parks for poachers and have all
sorts of laws in place to stop people doing loads of things to
animals, even regarding their 'mental treatment'. Then we throw
millions of 1 day old chicks though a blender or remove and kill
newborn calves (so we can drink the milk meant for them, a different
species (FFS!) and after we have weaned) and many millions of people
all round the world know that all to be disgusting.

https://ibb.co/pjvqjhk

Cheers, T i m

  #109   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 11:16:54 +0100, bert wrote:

snip

Does this mean if Bert killfiles you'll stop your fanatical rants?

Is this another lie?

I'm willing to make the sacrifice.


Boom! sing 'Another one bites the dust ...'

Except you won't killfile me will you burk, you just can't, even
though I have been completely ignoring you for *ages*.

And why am I happy with all these threats of killfiling? Well, it's
because most of the people who have threatened to killfile me have
*never* helped me so what would I be missing!

Cheers, T i m
  #110   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 11:18:18 +0100, bert wrote:
snip

cost benefit analysis suggested to me that engaging with him or even
reading his posts was a complete waste of my time



+1


Aww, burk, go on then, hit me with your longest lasting most severe
killfile (please!), you really would be doing me a massive favour (and
if you could take the other trolling ****s / socks with you ... 'burk'
' ...

Cheers, T i m


  #111   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 11:19:50 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , Fredxx
writes
On 03/06/2021 18:43, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 17:09:56 +0100, Robin wrote:

On 03/06/2021 15:08, T i m wrote:

snip a puzzling response from someone so keen on "the bigger picture"
Shame you couldn't understand a very simple, honest and real world
answer. Maybe you didn't really want an answer in the first place.

HTH.

It did help. I am persuaded my remaining life is too short to read
anything more from or in response to you.
Good. That will save us both from wasting any further time then and
I'm pretty sure neither of us will be worse off.


Shame, just means more work for the rest of us.

Just Kill file him


Yes, listen to burk, killfile me, you know it makes sense (given you
are **** all use to me and always have been).

Cheers, T i m
  #112   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 04/06/2021 12:15, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 10:54:03 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Only ones I've killfiled are genuine trolls or nutters. I'd say Tim is
very genuine in his beliefs


Indeed and unlike the accusations of the worst of the troll / nutters,
my passion / advocacy isn't any benefit to me (other than indirectly
via reduced pollution, better human health (freeing up the medical
system for genuine / unavoidable illness and less antibiotic
resistance) and for many, a better feeling inside because their
actions then are in keeping with their morals.


Many troll are genuine in their beliefs. I have always accepted you are
genuine in your belief, it's such a shame you troll this group spamming
it with lies.

so merely skip his posts when he gets on that
high horse.


Of course (other than I don't have a 'high horse', just passion to
protect animals from the suffering and death they *ARE* suffering
unnecessarily) except that seems too difficult for some people for
some reason. I wonder if the subject pricks their conscience ... ?

Unless a horse is exploited too by man. ;-)


By Jove he's got it! ;-)


I think he has, but have you? You exploits your dog for your own
personal pleasure?

Basically, if we are supposed to be this advanced species then we
shouldn't be exploiting these creatures at all ...


Are you going to campaign against pet ownership like an ethical vegan would?
  #113   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 04/06/2021 12:20, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 11:16:54 +0100, bert wrote:

snip

Does this mean if Bert killfiles you'll stop your fanatical rants?

Is this another lie?

I'm willing to make the sacrifice.


Boom! sing 'Another one bites the dust ...'

Except you won't killfile me will you burk, you just can't, even
though I have been completely ignoring you for *ages*.

And why am I happy with all these threats of killfiling? Well, it's
because most of the people who have threatened to killfile me have
*never* helped me so what would I be missing!


Since I've helped you, another reason to keep you out of my killfile.
  #114   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 04/06/2021 12:25, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 11:19:50 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , Fredxx
writes
On 03/06/2021 18:43, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 17:09:56 +0100, Robin wrote:

On 03/06/2021 15:08, T i m wrote:

snip a puzzling response from someone so keen on "the bigger picture"
Shame you couldn't understand a very simple, honest and real world
answer. Maybe you didn't really want an answer in the first place.

HTH.

It did help. I am persuaded my remaining life is too short to read
anything more from or in response to you.
Good. That will save us both from wasting any further time then and
I'm pretty sure neither of us will be worse off.

Shame, just means more work for the rest of us.

Just Kill file him


Yes, listen to burk, killfile me, you know it makes sense (given you
are **** all use to me and always have been).


No, two reasons, I have helped you, and your lies need correcting.

I can see I am no use to anyone who spouts lies and doesn't want them to
be shown for what they are.
  #115   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 43,017
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Many troll are genuine in their beliefs.


I doubt it. Most change their beliefs on a whim to get attention.

--
*To err is human. To forgive is against company policy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.


  #116   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 04/06/2021 14:12, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Many troll are genuine in their beliefs.


I doubt it. Most change their beliefs on a whim to get attention.


Perhaps, but for some trolls a genuine belief and getting attention go
together. One can fuel the other.


  #117   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 4 Jun 2021 13:36:00 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:

snip

T r o l l insisting that certain people have "never helped me" is another
example of his ********.


Aww bless. Touched another nerve have I?

What has usually happened is that true, relevant, and
correct advice has been offered but it has been ignored.


See, just because you are a simple Goblin you may get confused with
what you think might be considered help and what actually *helps*.

A bit like those
animals you sometimes see featuring in you-choob vids, where as it might be a
deer has become trapped by an illegal snare around its leg, and some guys have
quite a job to hold it down while another cuts off and removes the wire.


Yeah, I wouldn't imagine you would 'get' why that might happen with a
trapped animal (or care why or that it became trapped and was
suffering).

Cheers, T i m
  #118   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 4 Jun 2021 13:29:38 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:

snip

Horses aren't exploited.


No, of course they aren't ...

They get asked to carry people,


Bwhahahaha ... and by 'asked' you mean 'forced', often after being
'broken'? I asked our dog if it wanted to go out for a walk earlier
but he didn't because it was raining. Just think how chuffed he would
be if I forced him out AND forced him to carry something on his back,
just because he 'could'?

or pull a cart, all
of which arre well within their ability,


As they could be yours, 'Goblin'. Just because something is able to do
something, why would you even start to assume you have the right to
force it to do so in the return for anything?

The test would be to leave the doors open to your barn and see if a
*wild* (unbroken) horse wanders in and hitches itself up to the cart
on it's own.

and in exchange are fed, watered,
cleaned,


Ah right. So exactly like slaves you mean, including a good whipping
if they don't immediately do what's 'asked' of them?

and protected against predators.


Removing part of their natural instincts of 'fight or flight'. Living
less of a natural life before we interfered.

Why is it we are advised to let our dogs OFF the lead if we are being
attacked by the likes of cows? It's because the dog is more than
capable of looking after itself, as would be a horse in many
instances. Many predators, even lionesses are 'careful' when it comes
to taking something like an adult zebra because of the sort of damage
a kick can do. Many lions that get kicked and badly injured can die as
a result. *That* is nature, not restricting the movement of an animal
in a cage or frame and bolt gunning it in the head or gassing it.

And why do you think it's 'right' to deny a predator it's food when it
has no other options?

Win-win, ISTM.


Yeah, in your indoctrinated world maybe.

Oh, and how's that killfile working out for you Goblin?

Cheers, T i m
  #119   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 04/06/2021 13:48, T i m wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:


T r o l l insisting that certain people have "never helped me" is another
example of his ********.


Aww bless. Touched another nerve have I?


What has usually happened is that true, relevant, and
correct advice has been offered but it has been ignored.


See, just because you are a simple Goblin you may get confused with
what you think might be considered help and what actually *helps*.


I see that you seem to have forgotten already about us putting you right
over your 'meat eating causes antibiotic resistance in viruses' blunder.

--
Spike
  #120   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 04/06/2021 14:48, T i m wrote:
On 4 Jun 2021 13:36:00 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:

snip

T r o l l insisting that certain people have "never helped me" is another
example of his ********.


Aww bless. Touched another nerve have I?


No, just pointing out the nonsense that exudes from your keyboard.

What has usually happened is that true, relevant, and
correct advice has been offered but it has been ignored.


See, just because you are a simple Goblin you may get confused with
what you think might be considered help and what actually *helps*.


You seem to be confused with what actually helps. Perhaps denial here is
the problem.

Like when I 'helped' in respect of a RPi writing to an SD card. It might
not have helped you, but could help countless others by putting them
right and showing your claim was wrong.

A bit like those
animals you sometimes see featuring in you-choob vids, where as it might be a
deer has become trapped by an illegal snare around its leg, and some guys have
quite a job to hold it down while another cuts off and removes the wire.


Yeah, I wouldn't imagine you would 'get' why that might happen with a
trapped animal (or care why or that it became trapped and was
suffering).


You speak for yourself in not caring. Some of us do, and is the reason
why some traps are illegal. If if was up to the likes of you, all traps
would be legal.
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes Rod Speed UK diy 1 May 31st 21 10:23 AM
Where to post Emmerich Primus & other planes Planes for sale Marty Escarcega[_2_] Woodworking 6 December 28th 08 06:25 PM
email extractor , site , solutions , email based marketing , email marketing solution , email extractor , newsletter software , mass email , e-mail marketing , email marketing solutions , bulk email software , web advertising , email marketing , mark Nuclear Incorporation. www.nuclear-inc.com UK diy 0 April 5th 07 10:31 PM
What are the reasons so few modern planes measure up to the old one? [email protected] Woodworking 42 January 23rd 06 01:33 AM
FS 1st of the new year planes and 30% off the rest of my planes. Steve Knight Woodworking 14 January 5th 05 04:22 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2024 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"