UK diy (uk.d-i-y) For the discussion of all topics related to diy (do-it-yourself) in the UK. All levels of experience and proficency are welcome to join in to ask questions or offer solutions.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #161   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 39,563
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 06/06/2021 20:32, bert wrote:
In article , Fredxx
writes
On 04/06/2021 12:25, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 11:19:50 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , Fredxx
writes
On 03/06/2021 18:43, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 17:09:56 +0100, Robin wrote:

On 03/06/2021 15:08, T i m wrote:

snip a puzzling response from someone so keen on "the bigger
picture"
* Shame you couldn't understand a very simple,* honest and real world
answer. Maybe you didn't really want an answer in the first place.

HTH.

It did help.* I am persuaded my remaining life is too short to read
anything more from or in response to you.
* Good. That will save us both from wasting any further time then and
I'm pretty sure neither of us will be worse off.

Shame, just means more work for the rest of us.

Just Kill file him
*Yes, listen to burk, killfile me, you know it makes sense (given you
are **** all use to me and always have been).


No, two reasons, I have helped you, and your lies need correcting.

I can see I am no use to anyone who spouts lies and doesn't want them
to be shown for what they are.

I've kill filed him. I only see responses now. I haven't really bothered
with him for a while, only skim reading the occasional post. He's beyond
help. Needs treatment for his autism.

apart from derision, all I can offer is reasoned debate.
In m,y view there are people who are scared of life, people who are no
longer scared because they have found the One True Stick, people who
realise that its all BS and the truth is unknowable, so they tell
whatever lies make them powerful and rich, and people who have got
beyond that, and just want to remain in peace

T i m is a one true sticker


--
Climate is what you expect but weather is what you get.
Mark Twain
  #162   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 06/06/2021 17:15, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


So why *don't* you eat sheep or cows but eat everything else?


There has to be *a* reason, (religious, cultural, cult 'rules', your
parents were a cow and a sheep (does that make a troll?), allergy,
taste, logical inconsistency etc) unless you really are just
completely bonkers ( my money is on the last one).


It's called 'freedom of choice', just like you exercise when choosing
between tofuburgers or Plant Pioneers meat-free chicken, or feeding your
dog a vegan diet (the dog having no choice to exercise, of course).

--
Spike
  #163   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 08:33:29 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 06/06/2021 17:15, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


So why *don't* you eat sheep or cows but eat everything else?


There has to be *a* reason, (religious, cultural, cult 'rules', your
parents were a cow and a sheep (does that make a troll?), allergy,
taste, logical inconsistency etc) unless you really are just
completely bonkers ( my money is on the last one).


It's called 'freedom of choice'.


snip BS and yet more attempted distraction

So still no actual answer then?

Anyone would think you were lying and you do eat cows and sheep?

No one is questioning (or interested in) your freedom of choice, I'm
asking what criteria that goes behind your 'choices' (something I
could easily do with anything I choose between).

Cheers, T i m
  #164   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 07/06/2021 09:26, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


On 06/06/2021 17:15, T i m wrote:


Spike wrote:


So why *don't* you eat sheep or cows but eat everything else?


There has to be *a* reason, (religious, cultural, cult 'rules', your
parents were a cow and a sheep (does that make a troll?), allergy,
taste, logical inconsistency etc) unless you really are just
completely bonkers ( my money is on the last one).


It's called 'freedom of choice', just like you exercise when choosing
between tofuburgers or Plant Pioneers meat-free chicken, or feeding your
dog a vegan diet (the dog having no choice to exercise, of course).


So still no actual answer then?


So you don't believe in freedom of choice. I can't say I'm surprised, as
you are are The Custodian Of The One True Way - which is an
anti-meat-eating crusade thinly disguised under a veganist cloak.

Anyone would think you were lying and you do eat cows and sheep?


I can't answer for what other people think.

No one is questioning (or interested in) your freedom of choice,


Then stop questioning my freedom of choice. No-one questions yours.

--
Spike
  #165   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 10:22:09 +0000, Spike
wrote:

snip

So still no actual answer then?


So you don't believe in freedom of choice.


Of course, so why have you (allegedly) 'chosen' not to eat cows and
sheep but do eat everything else?

snip more distraction and bs

Anyone would think you were lying and you do eat cows and sheep?


I can't answer for what other people think.


That wasn't the question.

No one is questioning (or interested in) your freedom of choice,


Then stop questioning my freedom of choice.


I haven't, ever. I was asking you to define what logic / decision when
behind your choices, so far it seems you either don't know yourself or
can't answer because you are lying?

No-one questions yours.


Bwhahaha ... that *ALL* you have been doing all along you freak!

So, *exactly* do you say you don't eat sheep and cows but eat
everything else?

I'm not questioning your freedom to make such choices.

I'm not questioning your actual choices.

I'm asking why you *made* such choices.

You may not have the (very basic answer) because:

1) You are lying.

2) You don't know (because you are an idiot).

3) Reasons you don't want to reveal here because you are worried about
the reaction.

4) Your deity / cult leader / voices_in_your_head / carer have
forbidden you from saying?

Cheers, T i m

p.s. What is interesting here is that I have answered all the question
you and the others (well, ignoring the sickest of the trolls etc) have
put to me (because you are so interested to follow my lifestyle) and
this is the first question I have asked you and you won't / can't
answer!



  #166   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 07/06/2021 11:17, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


So you don't believe in freedom of choice.


Of course, so why have you (allegedly) 'chosen' not to eat cows and
sheep but do eat everything else?


It's called 'freedom of choice', but with your anti-meat-eating crusade
thinly disguised under a veganist cloak, I can see why you don't believe
in it.

snip more distraction and bs


So you don't believe in freedom of choice. I can't say I'm surprised, as
you are are The Custodian Of The One True Way - which is an
anti-meat-eating crusade thinly disguised under a veganist cloak.

Anyone would think you were lying and you do eat cows and sheep?


I can't answer for what other people think.


That wasn't the question.


That was the answer to your question.

No one is questioning (or interested in) your freedom of choice,


Then stop questioning my freedom of choice.


I haven't, ever. I was asking you to define what logic / decision when
behind your choices, so far it seems you either don't know yourself or
can't answer because you are lying?


That *is* questioning my choice, as well as being abusive.

No-one questions yours.


Bwhahaha ... that *ALL* you have been doing all along you freak!


You still haven't grasped that when you advance perversions of the
truth, you will be called out on them, such as "ALL scientists...", "ALL
farmers...", ALL medical people...", which were the latest ones.

So, *exactly* do you say you don't eat sheep and cows but eat
everything else?


That sentence doesn't make sense, could you rewrite it in English?

I'm not questioning your freedom to make such choices.


I'm not questioning your actual choices.


I'm asking why you *made* such choices.


You may not have the (very basic answer) because:


1) You are lying.


2) You don't know (because you are an idiot).


3) Reasons you don't want to reveal here because you are worried about
the reaction.


4) Your deity / cult leader / voices_in_your_head / carer have
forbidden you from saying?


Get help, you need it.

p.s. What is interesting here is that I have answered all the question
you and the others (well, ignoring the sickest of the trolls etc) have
put to me (because you are so interested to follow my lifestyle) and
this is the first question I have asked you and you won't / can't
answer!


But ALL *your* answers need correcting. (See what I did there?)


--
Spike
  #167   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 09:21:09 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 07/06/2021 11:17, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


So you don't believe in freedom of choice.


Of course, so why have you (allegedly) 'chosen' not to eat cows and
sheep but do eat everything else?


It's called 'freedom of choice',


snip distraction
Yes, I get that, no question, but *why* have you (supposedly) *chosen*
not to eat cows or sheep in particular? I mean, you must have an idea
mustn't you?

snip

Anyone would think you were lying and you do eat cows and sheep?


I can't answer for what other people think.


That wasn't the question.


That was the answer to your question.


Nope. That's what a left brainer troll would think was a / the
question.

No one is questioning (or interested in) your freedom of choice,


Then stop questioning my freedom of choice.


I haven't, ever. I was asking you to define what logic / decision when
behind your choices, so far it seems you either don't know yourself or
can't answer because you are lying?


That *is* questioning my choice, as well as being abusive.


Aww, poor baby. Now, why did you choose to not eat cows or sheep?

How can I question your choice (as in the choices) when you don't seem
able to explain *why* you (or someone / thing else) *made* those
choices?

snip pathetic distraction

Ok, so now (in true Spuke style) we must conclude you are either lying
and you do eat cows and sheep or you don't have a clue why you don't.

To make a statement like 'I don't eat cows and sheep' implies at some
point along the line a choice was made, so maybe it was made for you
and hence why you can't bring yourself to explain why.

I'll give you some examples of the specific things I don't (say)
consume and *why*.

I don't generally eat courgette or marrow because I don't like the
taste. I can / do eat them if 'lost' ... don't 'feature' in other
foods.

I don't generally drink spirits. I don't really like the taste. I
don't mind some liqueurs (if they are counted as spirits) and don't
drink much wine (when I do I can drink it like water).

I no longer eat any milk, eggs or meat because I no longer want to be
part of the cause of the suffering, exploitation and death that
requires.

I have never eaten loads of other animals (like rabbit, Guinea pig,
pheasant, squid / octopus, escargot, monkey, snake, veal, cat, dog)
because my logical inconsistency drew the line there.

See, choices based on reasons, things I can answer because I'm not a
pathetic troll hiding behind something.

Person: 'Spuke, would you like Coke or Pepsi?'
Spuke: 'I don't drink Coke so Pepsi please'.
Person: 'Oh, you don't like Coke'?
Spuke: 'I don't know'.
Person: 'What, you haven't tried it?'
Spuke: 'No, because it's my choice'
Person: Yes, of course, but why OOI?'
Spuke: 'Because'.
Person: 'You are a ****ing nutter mate ... and why are you down there
digging that deep hole anyway ...?'


Cheers, T i m


  #168   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 08/06/2021 10:41, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


On 07/06/2021 11:17, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


So you don't believe in freedom of choice.


Of course, so why have you (allegedly) 'chosen' not to eat cows and
sheep but do eat everything else?


It's called 'freedom of choice', but with your anti-meat-eating crusade
thinly disguised under a veganist cloak, I can see why you don't believe
in it.


Yes, I get that, no question, but *why* have you (supposedly) *chosen*
not to eat cows or sheep in particular? I mean, you must have an idea
mustn't you?


That doesn't *necessarily* follow.

The advertising industry spends Really Big Bucks in order to influence
your choices, and most people are totally unaware of how they have been
manipulated. Vegans would like to do the same but don't have the big
bucks, so resort to scare tactics instead.

Just in case you miss or misunderstand the *spirit* of the above, it
says in essence that choices can be - if not often are - unconscious ones.

And in just case you miss the *spirit* of *that*, it means that your
claim that I "...must have an idea..." (of why something was chosen) IS
NOT TRUE.

So, your right-brained emotive argument falls. Again.

rant snipped

Just in case you miss or misunderstand the *spirit* of the above, it
says in essence that you're talking rubbish, and have little idea of the
bigger picture.

--
Spike
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes Rod Speed UK diy 1 May 31st 21 10:23 AM
Where to post Emmerich Primus & other planes Planes for sale Marty Escarcega[_2_] Woodworking 6 December 28th 08 06:25 PM
email extractor , site , solutions , email based marketing , email marketing solution , email extractor , newsletter software , mass email , e-mail marketing , email marketing solutions , bulk email software , web advertising , email marketing , mark Nuclear Incorporation. www.nuclear-inc.com UK diy 0 April 5th 07 10:31 PM
What are the reasons so few modern planes measure up to the old one? [email protected] Woodworking 42 January 23rd 06 01:33 AM
FS 1st of the new year planes and 30% off the rest of my planes. Steve Knight Woodworking 14 January 5th 05 04:22 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2024 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"