Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spike[_6_] Spike[_6_] is offline

Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 08/06/2021 10:41, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:

On 07/06/2021 11:17, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:

So you don't believe in freedom of choice.

Of course, so why have you (allegedly) 'chosen' not to eat cows and
sheep but do eat everything else?

It's called 'freedom of choice', but with your anti-meat-eating crusade
thinly disguised under a veganist cloak, I can see why you don't believe
in it.

Yes, I get that, no question, but *why* have you (supposedly) *chosen*
not to eat cows or sheep in particular? I mean, you must have an idea
mustn't you?

That doesn't *necessarily* follow.

The advertising industry spends Really Big Bucks in order to influence
your choices, and most people are totally unaware of how they have been
manipulated. Vegans would like to do the same but don't have the big
bucks, so resort to scare tactics instead.

Just in case you miss or misunderstand the *spirit* of the above, it
says in essence that choices can be - if not often are - unconscious ones.

And in just case you miss the *spirit* of *that*, it means that your
claim that I "...must have an idea..." (of why something was chosen) IS
NOT TRUE.

So, your right-brained emotive argument falls. Again.

rant snipped

Just in case you miss or misunderstand the *spirit* of the above, it
says in essence that you're talking rubbish, and have little idea of the
bigger picture.

--
Spike