Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default crying

On 2017-06-26, Ian Guthrie wrote:

[172 lines snipped]

Wrong:

http://childlawadvice.org.uk/informa...king-children/

"It is unlawful for a parent or carer to smack their child, *****except where this amounts to €˜reasonable punishment.*****"

Don't any of you ****s have a functional delete key?

Get a wheelmouse.

No need. My killfile is free and effectively infinite.

Are you German?

--
A man spoke frantically into the phone, "My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart!"
"Is this her first child?" the doctor asked.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:14:13 +0100, Mark
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:50:31 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:34:03 +0100, Mark
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:45:19 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:36:40 +0100, Mark
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:22:49 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:04:16 +0100, Mark
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:06:40 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 11:15:00 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 22 June 2017 16:55:57 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 16:52:14 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 22 June 2017 15:47:46 UTC+1, James Wilkinson
Sword wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 15:34:46 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 22 June 2017 14:26:07 UTC+1, James Wilkinson
Sword wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:42:23 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Wednesday, 21 June 2017 15:46:43 UTC+1, James
Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 13:04:39 +0100, Mark
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 19:46:31 +0100, "James Wilkinson
Sword"
wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jun 2017 10:29:32 +0100, Dave Liquorice
wrote:

On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 09:25:04 +0100, Brian Gaff
wrote:

There are different crying types. There is
disstress crying and
frustration crying. the latter is one of lifes
lessons being learned,
the other is in need of urgent attention.

Agreed, shame that many parents don't seem able to
tell the
difference and give the child attention at the
meerest whimper.
Result in a kid that thinks the way to get
attention for anything is
to wail and if it doesn't work wail harder and
longer up to a full
blown tantrum.

Our two tried the tantrum once possibly twice, we
laughed, it didn't
work, they gave up on the idea.

M'colleague told me there's a way to stop your kid
being needy. You completely ignore it crying as a
baby and feed it on a schedule. It soon stops
waking you up at night.

Absolute ********.

No it isn't. When they realise that crying achieves
nothing, they stop doing so.

It depends on the reason for crying if it's for
attention and purely for attention then the crying will
stop. But the commenst reason(s) are teeth and the
resulting tooth ache amonst other things.

Which cannot be cured with a cuddle. So again, no point
in seeing to the baby.

But it can be cured by the parent or anyone else applying
medication and even if there is no medication it's been
proved that' kissing it better' can have the placebo effect
advantage and the pain or whatever was causing crying stops
it.

Easier to put the baby in a seperate room where you can't
hear it, then the parents can get a solid sleep.

I wonder if any did that in Grenfell Tower.

You're saying a baby started the fire?

No that they ignore a warning noise that something was happening.
Poepl wedge open foire doors, move extinguishers, get annoyed by
alarms going off and tend to ignore them.

Because alarms are **** that's why. They go off for false
positives 10 times more often than a real positive.

Only 10 times? I'd estimate about 100.

You're most likely correct. I just ignore them, except if they're
in the middle of the ****ing night, then I call the police and tell
them I saw a burglar, even when I know there isn't one. Hopefully
the police bash a clue into the heads of the morons with alarms.

Make sure it's fed with a clean nappy before you go to bed,
then it can survive for 8 hours without ****ing moaning!

well no one likes being woken up do they.

No, which is why mothers with the baby in their own room are
nuts.

Some people have the ability to care more about others than
themselves.

the baby doesn't need 24/7 attention. And giving it 24/7
attention turns it into a useless wimp that cannot take care of
itself.

It's not about 24/7 attention. Babies need to be in a safe place
and
the carer must be able to recognise quickly if there is a problem.

They don't need cotton wool. They're humans, not plants.

Cotton wool is irrelevant - plants don't need it for a start.

Your wit is unastounding. You know what I meant.

Actually I don't think I do know what you meant, unless you are
proposing that parents leave their babies alone for long periods of
time and ignore any crying.

That is precisely what I'm proposing, and many do.

In the Victorian era maybe.

The babies soon learn that crying won't get them anywhere.

Even if there is something really wrong?

But if you want a moany little needy child, then you carry on wrapping
them in cotton wool.

I really hope you never have children as you have the hallmarks of an
abuser.

You say that like abuse is a bad thing. Kids need to learn to fend for
themselves, or they never become adults. Cut the modern new age
treehugging be nice to everyone **** and grasp reality.

It's also fun to punish the little ****e when it ****es you off. Remove
TV privileges like you probably do, it won't care. Beat the **** out of
it, it won't dare do it again.

You wont either when you end up in jail.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:33:38 +0100, Mark
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Like a house or car alarm, they go off all the time, something wrong or
not.

But if you want a moany little needy child, then you carry on wrapping
them in cotton wool.

I really hope you never have children as you have the hallmarks of an
abuser.

Go read up on it, plenty do the same.

Ah. 1,000,000 flies can't be wrong.

There are two ways to bring up kids.

There are in fact a hell of a lot more than just two ways.

They can both work, depending in the child. Some will respond to a good
talking to, some need belted.

And some keep doing what you don't want
them to do even when they are belted.

You're a complete ****wit if you think your way is the only way.
Teaching kids things isn't
always nice, they need to be ignored, smacked, etc, or they'll never
learn.

You are sick. Children learn far better without being abused.

It's not abuse. Abuse would be beating them up for no reason. A smack to
tell them they did wrong is the quickest, easiest, and most effective
method. Everyone used to do it, and funnily enough we all grew up just
fine.

You clearly didn't. Whether what was due to
how you grew up or genetics is harder to say.

Smacking is more likely to lead to mental health issues than
"learning".

Right.... a temporary pain on the backside damages the brain. Are you one
of those screwed in the head American trick cyclists?

But you go ahead
and create a needy whining child that'll break the law every 5 minutes
for the rest of life
because it thinks all it'll get is praise.

You must be a fan of Jimmy Saville.

Show me a link to where he smacked children or ignored them crying.

Tell me you don't have any kids - you are utterly unsuitable to be a
parent.

Your way isn't the only way, get over it. Your kids won't thank you when
your neighbour's tougher kids who were brought up my way beat the **** out
of them at school. But it's ok, yours know how to talk their way out of a
fight....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:49:26 +0100, Mark
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

There are two ways to bring up kids. They can both work, depending in
the child.
Some will respond to a good talking to, some need belted.

No.

Yes, as evidenced by the louts created by the soft approach, who simply
never behave. That's why we have full juvenile detention centres.

That's actually because we only build as many as we actually need.

You're a complete ****wit if you think your way is the only way.
Teaching kids things isn't
always nice, they need to be ignored, smacked, etc, or they'll never
learn.

You are sick. Children learn far better without being abused.

It's not abuse. Abuse would be beating them up for no reason. A smack
to tell them they did wrong is the quickest, easiest, and most effective
method.

No. It is abuse. And not at all effective. Do you have any evidence
for your assertions?

Which would you want to avoid the next time you misbehaved?

Depends on the brat.

Getting smacked by your dad or being told you're a very naughty boy?
Being told off will just be ignored, again and again, no reason to obey
rules if all you get when you disobey them is a few words.

Clearly getting whacked didn't stop you behaving like a prat when driving.

Everyone used to do it, and funnily enough we all grew up just fine.

Well, you obviously didn't.

Since most people were smacked in the last generation, you're asserting
that most people of your age are ****ed in the head. Clearly not true.

Smacking is more likely to lead to mental health issues than
"learning".

Right.... a temporary pain on the backside damages the brain. Are you
one of those screwed in the head American trick cyclists?

But you go ahead
and create a needy whining child that'll break the law every 5 minutes
for the rest of life
because it thinks all it'll get is praise.

You must be a fan of Jimmy Saville.

Show me a link to where he smacked children or ignored them crying.

Tell me you don't have any kids - you are utterly unsuitable to be a
parent.

Your way isn't the only way, get over it.

Your way is abuse and, if you actually practised it, you should be
locked up. It's a criminal offense.

I see mums smacking their toddlers in Asda quite often. Nobody says a
word about it.

Lots of things are criminal offences,

That isnt.

all that means is the government currently ni power has that opinion. Do
you never break the speed limit for example? Are all 3 million people
caught speeding every year in the wrong according o you? All 3 MILLION?

Your kids won't thank you when your
neighbour's tougher kids who were brought up my way beat the **** out of
them
at school. But it's ok, yours know how to talk their way out of a
fight....

My kids are fine, thanks.

Your kids won't thank you when they need to go through a huge amount
of treatment for their mental health issues due to your abuse.

Mental health is caused by mental torture, not physical torture.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

Show me where I said they should be tied up to watch a dripping tap for 3
days.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

And when something goes wrong? Our middle son was gripey at 5 weeks old.
Luckily we were keeping an eye on him, because he stopped breathing.
Only a prod required and he started again, but kept stopping. We rushed
him to hospital where they started giving him anti-virals and
anti-biotics while they investigated. After a week he was okay, but it
took another 2 weeks to find out that he had had viral encephalitis. He
was lucky to survive.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Certainly never "belted." Smacking should never really hurt, it is meant
to surprise and act as emphatic punctuation. If it is hard enough to do
more than sting for a few seconds, it is way too hard.

You're a complete ****wit if you think your way is the only way. Teaching kids things isn't
always nice, they need to be ignored, smacked, etc, or they'll never learn.

You are sick. Children learn far better without being abused.

It's not abuse. Abuse would be beating them up for no reason. A smack to tell them they did wrong is the quickest, easiest, and most effective method.

No. It is abuse. And not at all effective. Do you have any evidence
for your assertions?

It won't be effective if used often, that just creates fear. Used
lightly, rarely and as an emphasis - particularly about dangerous
behaviour where repeating it could have serious consequences and the
normal telling off/explaining at each occurrence until it stops isn't
practical.

Everyone used to do it, and funnily enough we all grew up just fine.

Well, you obviously didn't.

Smacking is more likely to lead to mental health issues than
"learning".

Right.... a temporary pain on the backside damages the brain. Are you one of those screwed in the head American trick cyclists?

But you go ahead
and create a needy whining child that'll break the law every 5 minutes for the rest of life
because it thinks all it'll get is praise.

You must be a fan of Jimmy Saville.

Show me a link to where he smacked children or ignored them crying.

Tell me you don't have any kids - you are utterly unsuitable to be a
parent.

Your way isn't the only way, get over it.

Your way is abuse and, if you actually practised it, you should be
locked up. It's a criminal offense.

There is a huge difference between actually hurting a child, instilling
fear, the long term damage that does and re-inforcing a message that
needs to be learned right away.

Your kids won't thank you when your
neighbour's tougher kids who were brought up my way beat the **** out of them
at school. But it's ok, yours know how to talk their way out of a fight....

My kids are fine, thanks.

Your kids won't thank you when they need to go through a huge amount
of treatment for their mental health issues due to your abuse.

My kids, who are beyond ever needing a smack (13 & 11 - the 9 year-old
has never needed one) are happy, loving, caring and loved kids.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

But when the horrid little things cry every hour on the hour, you don't know when something's actually wrong. If you don't give in to every little moan, then crying means there's a real problem. They must be taught not to cry wolf.

--
Archimedes principle: When a body is fully immersed in water, the telephone rings.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Not even possible with kids that young.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Steve Walker
wrote:

On 26/06/2017 17:49, Mark wrote:

Your kids won't thank you when they need to go through a huge amount
of treatment for their mental health issues due to your abuse.

My kids, who are beyond ever needing a smack (13 & 11 - the 9 year-old
has never needed one) are happy, loving, caring and loved kids.

Huge snippage because you ******* couldn't be bothered.

The notion that a couple of smacks during their childhood would cause
children to need a "huge amount of treatment for their mental health
issues" is a big joke. If they needed such treatment, they would have
other more serious issues.

All good parents learn child brutality!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:44:15 +0100, Capitol wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Steve Walker
wrote:

On 26/06/2017 17:49, Mark wrote:

Your kids won't thank you when they need to go through a huge amount
of treatment for their mental health issues due to your abuse.

My kids, who are beyond ever needing a smack (13 & 11 - the 9 year-old
has never needed one) are happy, loving, caring and loved kids.

Huge snippage because you ******* couldn't be bothered.

The notion that a couple of smacks during their childhood would cause
children to need a "huge amount of treatment for their mental health
issues" is a big joke. If they needed such treatment, they would have
other more serious issues.

All good parents learn child brutality!

WIWAL, I had a friend who's parents took the soft approach. I believe he referred to them as "pushovers". He got away with everything, constantly stealing, vandalising etc. When caught, he'd get a "stern talking to" then just do it again.

--
If you eat a judge's uniform you might contract a lawsuit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 26 June 2017 17:21:49 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:07:03 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

Because alarms are **** that's why. They go off for false positives 10 times more often than a real positive.

Yes in some cases.

Which is why they are all useless. Alarms are ignored, because chances are it's just gone off by itself.

Then you need a better quality alarm, what about alarms that don't go of when they need to ?
Just think if you had an alarm on your 4ft high doors that when you approached them they could give out a warnign like " Warning Low door duck BEFORE entering"
but as you say people ignore them you'll probbaly say there's no duck here and then hit your head on the low door. So for warning to work you need a certain inteligence.

while some need extra help like adults to and signs telliong them to mind their head on their own brid cage doors.

Death does not result from that.

It can repeated hitting in the same or similar place.

We should have no warning signs anywhere. If someone is stupid enough to put their arm into a rotating blade, let them. We need less stupid folk around.

Bye then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 26 June 2017 17:33:48 UTC+1, Mark wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:19:49 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"

Tell me you don't have any kids - you are utterly unsuitable to be a
parent.

He can't even look after himself, he has problems dressing and walking when wearing shoes he can't work out when he's too cold or too hot.....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 03:52:13 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Monday, 26 June 2017 17:33:48 UTC+1, Mark wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:19:49 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"

Tell me you don't have any kids - you are utterly unsuitable to be a
parent.

He can't even look after himself, he has problems dressing and walking when wearing shoes he can't work out when he's too cold or too hot.....

Doesn't surprise me. He also won't know the joint between the forearm
and the upper arm from his posterior.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:52:13 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 26 June 2017 17:33:48 UTC+1, Mark wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:19:49 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"

Tell me you don't have any kids - you are utterly unsuitable to be a
parent.

He can't even look after himself, he has problems dressing and walking when wearing shoes

Clumsiness is present in most people.

he can't work out when he's too cold or too hot.....

No, I just don't care what temperature it is. I'm more hardy than you.

--
Quando omni Flunkus Moritati - When all else fails, play dead.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Monday, 26 June 2017 17:33:48 UTC+1, Mark wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:19:49 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"

Tell me you don't have any kids - you are utterly unsuitable to be a
parent.

He can't even look after himself, he has problems dressing and walking when wearing shoes he can't work out when he's too cold or too hot.....

Doesn't surprise me. He also won't know the joint between the forearm
and the upper arm from his posterior.

Oh dear, I disagree with your way of bringing up kids, so therefore I'm an idiot. Your logic astounds me.

--
What do lawyers and sperm have in common?
1 in 50 million has a chance of becoming a human being.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 12:57:54 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:52:13 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 26 June 2017 17:33:48 UTC+1, Mark wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:19:49 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"

Tell me you don't have any kids - you are utterly unsuitable to be a
parent.

He can't even look after himself, he has problems dressing and walking when wearing shoes

Clumsiness is present in most people.

Not quite to the extent you seem to suffer from it.

he can't work out when he's too cold or too hot.....

No, I just don't care what temperature it is. I'm more hardy than you.

So why do you shiver and sweat ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:47:44 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 12:57:54 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:52:13 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 26 June 2017 17:33:48 UTC+1, Mark wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:19:49 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"

Tell me you don't have any kids - you are utterly unsuitable to be a
parent.

He can't even look after himself, he has problems dressing and walking when wearing shoes

Clumsiness is present in most people.

Not quite to the extent you seem to suffer from it.

You have no data on how often I do these things.

he can't work out when he's too cold or too hot.....

No, I just don't care what temperature it is. I'm more hardy than you.

So why do you shiver and sweat ?

So my temperature remains the same. You wouldn't say your house was cold when the heating was on would you? It came on to PREVENT it getting cold.

--
Oh my goodness what a caper, someone's ****ed on the magic paper.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:47:13 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 26 June 2017 17:21:49 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:07:03 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

Because alarms are **** that's why. They go off for false positives 10 times more often than a real positive.

Yes in some cases.

Which is why they are all useless. Alarms are ignored, because chances are it's just gone off by itself.

Then you need a better quality alarm, what about alarms that don't go of when they need to ?

No point, it's the average quality that counts. My good alarm would still be ignored because of the false alarms from everyone else.

while some need extra help like adults to and signs telliong them to mind their head on their own brid cage doors.

Death does not result from that.

It can repeated hitting in the same or similar place.

Only hard.

We should have no warning signs anywhere. If someone is stupid enough to put their arm into a rotating blade, let them. We need less stupid folk around.

Bye then.

I use common sense, not rules.

--
TEACHER: Why are you late?
STUDENT: Class started before I got here.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 16:14:52 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:47:44 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 12:57:54 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:52:13 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 26 June 2017 17:33:48 UTC+1, Mark wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:19:49 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"

Tell me you don't have any kids - you are utterly unsuitable to be a
parent.

He can't even look after himself, he has problems dressing and walking when wearing shoes

Clumsiness is present in most people.

Not quite to the extent you seem to suffer from it.

You have no data on how often I do these things.

I know but for you to complain about it I doubt it's a once or twice a year otherwise you wouldnlt have mentioned such a thing.

he can't work out when he's too cold or too hot.....

No, I just don't care what temperature it is. I'm more hardy than you.

So why do you shiver and sweat ?

So my temperature remains the same.

But it doesnlt as shivering means your cold and sweating means yuo;re too hot general speaking. if yuo wear clothes and live in a comfortable envioment yuo don;t normmly have to shiver or sweat.

You wouldn't say your house was cold when the heating was on would you?

Well I might do if it were cold which is what it usualy is otherwise I wouldn't put the heating on.

It came on to PREVENT it getting cold.

No it normmly comes on the keep the ambinet teperature to a particular level
wheter it is hot or cold depends who's decribing it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 16:15:57 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:47:13 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 26 June 2017 17:21:49 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:07:03 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

Because alarms are **** that's why. They go off for false positives 10 times more often than a real positive.

Yes in some cases.

Which is why they are all useless. Alarms are ignored, because chances are it's just gone off by itself.

Then you need a better quality alarm, what about alarms that don't go of when they need to ?

No point, it's the average quality that counts. My good alarm would still be ignored because of the false alarms from everyone else.

So what is the point of having any alarm good or not, which is why I suggested above you buy an alarm that deosn;t work at least iot won't alarm you unnecessarily.

while some need extra help like adults to and signs telliong them to mind their head on their own brid cage doors.

Death does not result from that.

It can repeated hitting in the same or similar place.

Only hard.

Walking pace is enough.

We should have no warning signs anywhere. If someone is stupid enough to put their arm into a rotating blade, let them. We need less stupid folk around.

Bye then.

I use common sense, not rules.

But you still walk into doors that you say are too low or trip over because you can't work out where your toes are ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 16:49:32 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 16:14:52 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:47:44 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 12:57:54 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:52:13 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 26 June 2017 17:33:48 UTC+1, Mark wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:19:49 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"

Tell me you don't have any kids - you are utterly unsuitable to be a
parent.

He can't even look after himself, he has problems dressing and walking when wearing shoes

Clumsiness is present in most people.

Not quite to the extent you seem to suffer from it.

You have no data on how often I do these things.

I know but for you to complain about it I doubt it's a once or twice a year otherwise you wouldnlt have mentioned such a thing.

Probably once a week or so, like everyone else.

he can't work out when he's too cold or too hot.....

No, I just don't care what temperature it is. I'm more hardy than you.

So why do you shiver and sweat ?

So my temperature remains the same.

But it doesnlt as shivering means your cold and sweating means yuo;re too hot general speaking.

No, it's just like the thermostat in a house/fridge/freezer, the shivering or sweating occurs as the temperature changes slightly, but well before it's gone too far. Does your food go off during every cycle of the fridge thermostat? According to your flawed thinking, if the compressor is running, the fridge is too warm....

if yuo wear clothes and live in a comfortable envioment yuo don;t normmly have to shiver or sweat.

But it's no hassle to do so. And less hassle than choosing/taking different clothes and bothering with heating and AC.

You wouldn't say your house was cold when the heating was on would you?

Well I might do if it were cold which is what it usualy is otherwise I wouldn't put the heating on.

I was assuming you had a room thermostat like most civilised people. Your body has one.

It came on to PREVENT it getting cold.

No it normmly comes on the keep the ambinet teperature to a particular level
wheter it is hot or cold depends who's decribing it.

But there's only one of you inside you, no possibility of arguing over what temperature you want.

--
Sat opposite an Indian lady on the train today, she shut her eyes and stopped breathing. I thought she was dead, until I saw the red spot on her forehead and realised she was just on standby.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Ian Guthrie
scribeth thus

On 2017-06-26, Ian Guthrie wrote:

[172 lines snipped]

Wrong:

http://childlawadvice.org.uk/informa...king-children/

"It is unlawful for a parent or carer to smack their child, *****except where

this amounts to €˜reasonable punishment.*****"

Don't any of you ****s have a functional delete key?

Get a wheelmouse.

Yeah got one, only thing is its main bearing are knackered!..

ON this NG anyway..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 18:55:00 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , Ian Guthrie
scribeth thus

On 2017-06-26, Ian Guthrie wrote:

[172 lines snipped]

Wrong:

http://childlawadvice.org.uk/informa...king-children/

"It is unlawful for a parent or carer to smack their child, *****except where

this amounts to €˜reasonable punishment.*****"

Don't any of you ****s have a functional delete key?

Get a wheelmouse.

Yeah got one, only thing is its main bearing are knackered!..

ON this NG anyway..

I've got a £5 wheelmouse, it's about 10 years old. No problems with the wheel. Only takes a couple of flicks of the wheel to skim past an unsnipped post. Maybe you should make sure it's set to a decent amount of lines per "click".

--
If you wipe your ass with your bare hand but consider bacon to be unclean, you may be a Muslim.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 17:04:28 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
[...]

Maybe you should talk to more people I doubt many here have the problem of hitting their head on door frame even once a year would be a lot for most people.

But it doesnlt as shivering means your cold and sweating means yuo;re too hot general speaking.

No, it's just like the thermostat in a house/fridge/freezer, the shivering or sweating occurs as the temperature changes slightly, but well before it's gone too far.

Well it;s be too late then, this is alled stoping or breaking distance in a car and it;s quite important to kn ow if yuo donl;t want to keep crashing into things.

Does your food go off during every cycle of the fridge thermostat? According to your flawed thinking, if the compressor is running, the fridge is too warm....

If the compressor is running it;s because the fridge is more inteligent than you because it knows it is warming up and if the trend continiues it will no longer be a fridge so it switches the compressor on which lowers the temerature otherwsie it would eb a fridge but justv a larder to store stuff in.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 11:02:39 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

Who wears shoes on their head?

[...]

Which is precisely what your body does. When you shiver, you're not cold. You're very slightly below the perfect temperature, and need to take no action whatsoever, as your body is automatically adjusting.

if yuo wear clothes and live in a comfortable envioment yuo don;t normmly have to shiver or sweat.

But it's no hassle to do so.

It uses energey

So do lots of things. Do you avoid going out for a walk because your food bill will increase? Shivering uses food, heating uses gas or electricity. So what?

which needs replacing handy if yuor fat and need to lose calories I suppose. Perhaos yuo have yuor hand on your cock while shivering because you like it, but for most shivering is something you want to aviod.

Shivering is just moving muscles, and no less comfortable than walking or running. In fact it's easier as there's no effort required.

If you can;t work out why try writing or doing any form of intricate work while shivering and head butting door frames is not intricate work.

Most people aren't doing intricate work all the time.

And less hassle than choosing/taking different clothes and bothering with heating and AC.

Makes you wonder why the majority of people wear clothes does it.

The majority of people are stupid. Just look at how they vote.

You wouldn't say your house was cold when the heating was on would you?

Well I might do if it were cold which is what it usualy is otherwise I wouldn't put the heating on.

I was assuming you had a room thermostat like most civilised people. Your body has one.

Exactly and why does the body have one ?

So you don't need clothes or heating.

It came on to PREVENT it getting cold.

No it normmly comes on the keep the ambinet teperature to a particular level
wheter it is hot or cold depends who's decribing it.

But there's only one of you inside you, no possibility of arguing over what temperature you want.

Theres a differnce between what temerature you want and what is good for you.

Bull****. They're both identical.

This is why you get a fever when you have a 'cold' the body generates more heat than it needs (which is why you sweat in this case) a warmer body help defeat the cold virus which usually lives in the bridge of your nose, keeping that part of you warm slows down and eventually kills the cold virus.

Irrelevant to the discussion.

--
All this "expressionism" in art, personally I think things ought to look like things. To me it's fairly easy to
tell what the artists are trying to say with their smears and swirls -- they're trying to say they can't paint worth a damn.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 16:56:58 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 16:15:57 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:47:13 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 26 June 2017 17:21:49 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:07:03 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

Because alarms are **** that's why. They go off for false positives 10 times more often than a real positive.

Yes in some cases.

Which is why they are all useless. Alarms are ignored, because chances are it's just gone off by itself.

Then you need a better quality alarm, what about alarms that don't go of when they need to ?

No point, it's the average quality that counts. My good alarm would still be ignored because of the false alarms from everyone else.

So what is the point of having any alarm good or not,

None. I don't have one.

which is why I suggested above you buy an alarm that deosn;t work at least iot won't alarm you unnecessarily.

You mean to scare the thief?

while some need extra help like adults to and signs telliong them to mind their head on their own brid cage doors.

Death does not result from that.

It can repeated hitting in the same or similar place.

Only hard.

Walking pace is enough.

No it isn't.

We should have no warning signs anywhere. If someone is stupid enough to put their arm into a rotating blade, let them. We need less stupid folk around.

Bye then.

I use common sense, not rules.

But you still walk into doors that you say are too low or trip over because you can't work out where your toes are ?

The brain does millions of things at once, distractions occur.

--
What's the most sensitive part of your anatomy when you're masturbating?
Your ears.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 3 July 2017 15:14:03 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
[...]

Not many, why, are you looking for some sort of support group ?

If the compressor is running it;s because the fridge is more inteligent than you because it knows it is warming up and if the trend continiues it will no longer be a fridge so it switches the compressor on which lowers the temerature otherwsie it would eb a fridge but justv a larder to store stuff in.

Which is precisely what your body does. When you shiver, you're not cold..

Most people shiver when they are cold, didn;t you know that.

You're very slightly below the perfect temperature, and need to take no action whatsoever, as your body is automatically adjusting.

Your body tries to take over and does what it can. Some peole would put heating on or put more clothes on or got to a warmer area.

Shivering is just moving muscles, and no less comfortable than walking or running. In fact it's easier as there's no effort required.

Threre's a reason for that.

If you can;t work out why try writing or doing any form of intricate work while shivering and head butting door frames is not intricate work.

Most people aren't doing intricate work all the time.

Most peole don;t shiver most of teh time perhaps that's why.

And less hassle than choosing/taking different clothes and bothering with heating and AC.

Makes you wonder why the majority of people wear clothes does it.

The majority of people are stupid. Just look at how they vote.

Most would viote tp be able to wear clothes in fact it's spo basic there's realyl no reason to ask whether a person would vote on clothes or not.

I was assuming you had a room thermostat like most civilised people. Your body has one.

Exactly and why does the body have one ?

So you don't need clothes or heating.

But both are needed by the majority I doubt zombies need them, or the dead.

Theres a differnce between what temerature you want and what is good for you.

Bull****. They're both identical.

No they aren't.

This is why you get a fever when you have a 'cold' the body generates more heat than it needs (which is why you sweat in this case) a warmer body help defeat the cold virus which usually lives in the bridge of your nose, keeping that part of you warm slows down and eventually kills the cold virus.

Irrelevant to the discussion.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 04 Jul 2017 17:02:21 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

You seem to be confused about two seperate things.

If the compressor is running it;s because the fridge is more inteligent than you because it knows it is warming up and if the trend continiues it will no longer be a fridge so it switches the compressor on which lowers the temerature otherwsie it would eb a fridge but justv a larder to store stuff in.

Which is precisely what your body does. When you shiver, you're not cold.

Most people shiver when they are cold, didn;t you know that.

No, you're normally 37C. You shiver at 36C. That's hardly cold. Death is 20C.

You're very slightly below the perfect temperature, and need to take no action whatsoever, as your body is automatically adjusting.

Your body tries to take over and does what it can. Some peole would put heating on or put more clothes on or got to a warmer area.

What do you think animals do?

Shivering is just moving muscles, and no less comfortable than walking or running. In fact it's easier as there's no effort required.

Threre's a reason for that.

What?

If you can;t work out why try writing or doing any form of intricate work while shivering and head butting door frames is not intricate work.

Most people aren't doing intricate work all the time.

Most peole don;t shiver most of teh time perhaps that's why.

Shivering a fifth of the time isn't going to stop you doing intricate work then.

And less hassle than choosing/taking different clothes and bothering with heating and AC.
Makes you wonder why the majority of people wear clothes does it.

The majority of people are stupid. Just look at how they vote.

Most would viote tp be able to wear clothes in fact it's spo basic there's realyl no reason to ask whether a person would vote on clothes or not.

Those most people are the stupid ones. They're called "textiles".

I was assuming you had a room thermostat like most civilised people. Your body has one.

Exactly and why does the body have one ?

So you don't need clothes or heating.

But both are needed by the majority I doubt zombies need them, or the dead.

They are not NEEDED.

Theres a differnce between what temerature you want and what is good for you.

Bull****. They're both identical.

No they aren't.

What temperature do you prefer?

--
Ireland's worst air disaster occurred early this morning when a small two-seater Cessna plane crashed into a cemetery. Irish search and rescue workers have recovered 2826 bodies so far and expect that number to climb as digging continues into the night.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 4 July 2017 21:49:30 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
[...]

Yes yuo seem to have problems with shoes and banging your head maybe they are linked but few wear shoes on their head so it must be at leastv two seperate problems you have.

Most people shiver when they are cold, didn;t you know that.

No, you're normally 37C. You shiver at 36C. That's hardly cold. Death is 20C.

Where did you get those figures from and are you talking about core body temperature.
Mild Hypothermia starts at 35C. Shivering is an atemp to increase yuor body temperature, that's why it happens.

Your body tries to take over and does what it can. Some peole would put heating on or put more clothes on or got to a warmer area.

What do you think animals do?

They find shelter from the sun or bask in it like cold blooded animals do.
if they are fury they can adjust thier coats to retain or lose heat, a bit like us taking off or putting on warmer clothes.
This is one advantage most humans have over animals the ability to wear clothes rathe rthan seeking shelter.
Some animals migrate so they are in differtn temperature conditions than they otherwise would be, some go into deep sleeps others hibernate.
Humans don't really have this ability to hibernate.
If yuo think you can do it try it, it's more efficient than shivering.

Shivering is just moving muscles, and no less comfortable than walking or running. In fact it's easier as there's no effort required.

Threre's a reason for that.

What?

It'ds a safety feature because if you didn't shiver of find another way of warming up you'd eventually die of cold.

Most peole don;t shiver most of teh time perhaps that's why.

Shivering a fifth of the time isn't going to stop you doing intricate work then.

It does.

Most would viote tp be able to wear clothes in fact it's spo basic there's realyl no reason to ask whether a person would vote on clothes or not.

Those most people are the stupid ones. They're called "textiles".

Perople aren't called textiles, clothes are one type of textile, curtains and cushion coveres are another type.

Theres a differnce between what temerature you want and what is good for you.

Bull****. They're both identical.

No they aren't.

What temperature do you prefer?

Depends what I'm doing, but my body doesn't ask me, it sets itself at 37C
If I sit in a bath of cold water my internal body temerature would fall so I'd start shivering because the human body likes to be at 37C irrespective of what temerature you think you should be at. Which is why shivering and sweating takes place.
Interestingly the liver works better at lower temeratures which is why you can drink more in the winter than the summer as the liver can process more alchol per unit time when colder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 05 Jul 2017 10:26:59 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

It's called clumsiness, most people have it.

Most people shiver when they are cold, didn;t you know that.

No, you're normally 37C. You shiver at 36C. That's hardly cold. Death is 20C.

Where did you get those figures from and are you talking about core body temperature.
Mild Hypothermia starts at 35C.

Absolute utter bull****. "Hypothermia" suggests a problem, a danger of death. That simply does not happen at 35C. You need to lose SEVENTEEN C, not TWO to die. 35C just makes you shiver hard.

Shivering is an atemp to increase yuor body temperature, that's why it happens.

And that's all it means, it's raising your body temperature, it's nothing to be alarmed about and is completely automatic.

Your body tries to take over and does what it can. Some peole would put heating on or put more clothes on or got to a warmer area.

What do you think animals do?

They find shelter from the sun or bask in it like cold blooded animals do.

Warm blooded animals don't need to.

if they are fury they can adjust thier coats to retain or lose heat, a bit like us taking off or putting on warmer clothes.

Not actually required.

This is one advantage most humans have over animals the ability to wear clothes rathe rthan seeking shelter.

Only for comfort if you're a girl.

Some animals migrate so they are in differtn temperature conditions than they otherwise would be, some go into deep sleeps others hibernate.

No, it's for food availability.

Humans don't really have this ability to hibernate.
If yuo think you can do it try it, it's more efficient than shivering.

Shivering costs no more than turning your gas heating on.

Shivering is just moving muscles, and no less comfortable than walking or running. In fact it's easier as there's no effort required.

Threre's a reason for that.

What?

It'ds a safety feature because if you didn't shiver of find another way of warming up you'd eventually die of cold.

But shivering just happens all by itself, you just leave your body to it. No need to worry about it. People don't get upset when they sweat.

Most peole don;t shiver most of teh time perhaps that's why.

Shivering a fifth of the time isn't going to stop you doing intricate work then.

It does.

No, because there isn't that much intricate work to be done.

Most would viote tp be able to wear clothes in fact it's spo basic there's realyl no reason to ask whether a person would vote on clothes or not.

Those most people are the stupid ones. They're called "textiles".

Perople aren't called textiles, clothes are one type of textile, curtains and cushion coveres are another type.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=textile
First definition.

Theres a differnce between what temerature you want and what is good for you.

Bull****. They're both identical.

No they aren't.

What temperature do you prefer?

Depends what I'm doing, but my body doesn't ask me, it sets itself at 37C
If I sit in a bath of cold water my internal body temerature would fall so I'd start shivering because the human body likes to be at 37C irrespective of what temerature you think you should be at. Which is why shivering and sweating takes place.
Interestingly the liver works better at lower temeratures which is why you can drink more in the winter than the summer as the liver can process more alchol per unit time when colder.

You haven't answered the question. You told me that the temperature we enjoy most is different to the one that's best for us. State these two temperatures.

--
"My professional and my personal lives have become way too intertwined," the stewardess told her fellow stew.
"Last night my husband nudged me awake, and began to make love.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 6 July 2017 00:22:59 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
[...]

You seem to have more than your fair share though.
I had a flatmate that seemed accident prone, but that was down to the stupid things she did.

Most people shiver when they are cold, didn;t you know that.

No, you're normally 37C. You shiver at 36C. That's hardly cold. Death is 20C.

Where did you get those figures from and are you talking about core body temperature.
Mild Hypothermia starts at 35C.

Absolute utter bull****.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia
Temperature classification

Core (rectal, esophageal, etc.)
Hypothermia 35.0 °C (95.0 °F)[38]
Normal 36.5€“37.5 °C (97.7€“99.5 °F)[39]
Fever 37.5 or 38.3 °C (99.5 or 100.9 °F)[6][7]
Hyperthermia 37.5 or 38.3 °C (99.5 or 100.9 °F)[6][7]
Hyperpyrexia 40.0 or 41.0 °C (104.0 or 105.8 °F)[40][41]
Note: The difference between fever and hyperthermia is the underlying mechanism. Different sources have different cut-offs for fever, hyperthermia and hyperpyrexia.

Shivering is an atemp to increase yuor body temperature, that's why it happens.

And that's all it means, it's raising your body temperature, it's nothing to be alarmed about and is completely automatic.

Yes it does otherwise why bother.

Your body tries to take over and does what it can. Some peole would put heating on or put more clothes on or got to a warmer area.

What do you think animals do?

They find shelter from the sun or bask in it like cold blooded animals do.

Warm blooded animals don't need to.

But warm blooded animals sunbathe don't they, animals don;t need to wear clothes do they.

if they are fury they can adjust thier coats to retain or lose heat, a bit like us taking off or putting on warmer clothes.

Not actually required.

But they do it, humans pretty much lost the ability millions of years ago.
But a fat hairy human miight survive longer when in cold conditions and might not even notice being cold for quite some time.

This is one advantage most humans have over animals the ability to wear clothes rather than seeking shelter.

Only for comfort if you're a girl.

So men don't wear warm clothes for comfort then.

Some animals migrate so they are in differtn temperature conditions than they otherwise would be, some go into deep sleeps others hibernate.

No, it's for food availability.

Mostly for breeding.

Humans don't really have this ability to hibernate.
If yuo think you can do it try it, it's more efficient than shivering.

Shivering costs no more than turning your gas heating on.

So why shiver why not put the heating on because if you do you'll stop shivering why is that ?

But shivering just happens all by itself,

No it doesn;t, there's always a reason for it even if you don;t understand it.\

you just leave your body to it. No need to worry about it.

So why do it ?
Our skin doesnlt rapidly change colour like some animals do.

People don't get upset when they sweat.

Some do, if they didn't get upset then why do people buy so much antiperspirant around the world.

Most peole don;t shiver most of teh time perhaps that's why.

Shivering a fifth of the time isn't going to stop you doing intricate work then.

It does.

No, because there isn't that much intricate work to be done.

yeah sure in a world where yuo are fat and hairy and don;t use antiperspirant but spend 20% of your time shivering.....

I have two stupdents now looking down a microscope and soldering surface mount devices pin spacing is about 1.25mm , biut for someone that cant; walk through ba 4ft high door without banging your head this is obviously well beyond you.

Those most people are the stupid ones. They're called "textiles".

Perople aren't called textiles, clothes are one type of textile, curtains and cushion coveres are another type.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=textile
First definition.

Thick ****er.
You said "They're called "textiles" "

You can't even see the differnt between textile and textiles can you.
The first definition is for textile
The second definition is for textiles.

But it doesn't suprise me you can't tell the differnce.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...g_and_textiles

What temperature do you prefer?

Depends what I'm doing, but my body doesn't ask me, it sets itself at 37C
If I sit in a bath of cold water my internal body temerature would fall so I'd start shivering because the human body likes to be at 37C irrespective of what temerature you think you should be at. Which is why shivering and sweating takes place.
Interestingly the liver works better at lower temeratures which is why you can drink more in the winter than the summer as the liver can process more alchol per unit time when colder.

You haven't answered the question.

I did I said it depends what I;m doing.
If I'm sunbathing I prefer to be warm.

You told me that the temperature we enjoy most is different to the one that's best for us. State these two temperatures.

I never said any such thing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'd say a good proportion of the population are accident prone. Probably at least 20%. There would be less as they'd die out, but we have all this ****ing health and softy legislation which means they can breed.

Most people shiver when they are cold, didn;t you know that.

No, you're normally 37C. You shiver at 36C. That's hardly cold. Death is 20C.

Where did you get those figures from and are you talking about core body temperature.
Mild Hypothermia starts at 35C.

Absolute utter bull****.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia
Temperature classification

Core (rectal, esophageal, etc.)
Hypothermia 35.0 °C (95.0 °F)[38]
Normal 36.5€“37.5 °C (97.7€“99.5 °F)[39]
Fever 37.5 or 38.3 °C (99.5 or 100.9 °F)[6][7]
Hyperthermia 37.5 or 38.3 °C (99.5 or 100.9 °F)[6][7]
Hyperpyrexia 40.0 or 41.0 °C (104.0 or 105.8 °F)[40][41]
Note: The difference between fever and hyperthermia is the underlying mechanism. Different sources have different cut-offs for fever, hyperthermia and hyperpyrexia.

The above is bull****. Hypothermia should mean a dangerous temperature whee you could die. The above temperatures are wrong. 37C = normal. 36C makes you shiver. 35C makes you shiver hard. You need 20C to die..

Oh and I was in hospital once for a broken bone and my temperature was taken. It was 38C. I suggested that was too high and the nurse said "No, it can vary by 1C either way depending on the temperature of the room. You won't start sweating or shivering unless it's more than that."

Shivering is an atemp to increase yuor body temperature, that's why it happens.

And that's all it means, it's raising your body temperature, it's nothing to be alarmed about and is completely automatic.

Yes it does otherwise why bother.

It's not an alarm, it's a mechanism. Things that are alarms are stuff like pain, stuff that is uncomfortable.

Your body tries to take over and does what it can. Some peole would put heating on or put more clothes on or got to a warmer area.

What do you think animals do?

They find shelter from the sun or bask in it like cold blooded animals do.

Warm blooded animals don't need to.

But warm blooded animals sunbathe don't they,

For fun or relaxation, it's not required.

animals don;t need to wear clothes do they.

Neither do we. All fur does is save calories.

By the way, if you want to lose weight.... 400 to 1600 calories per hour by shivering. So two hours of violent shivering is almost enough to lose one pound of weight (3500 calories).

if they are fury they can adjust thier coats to retain or lose heat, a bit like us taking off or putting on warmer clothes.

Not actually required.

But they do it, humans pretty much lost the ability millions of years ago.
But a fat hairy human miight survive longer when in cold conditions and might not even notice being cold for quite some time.

Funny how the wimpiest people I see are the hairier ones. My theory is the less body hair you have, and the cuter you are, the more advanced you are. Hence the Japanese have a higher IQ than us. They have very little body hair and are pretty much all sexy.

This is one advantage most humans have over animals the ability to wear clothes rather than seeking shelter.

Only for comfort if you're a girl.

So men don't wear warm clothes for comfort then.

Sissies.

****ing can be done anywhere.

Humans don't really have this ability to hibernate.
If yuo think you can do it try it, it's more efficient than shivering.

Shivering costs no more than turning your gas heating on.

So why shiver why not put the heating on because if you do you'll stop shivering why is that ?

Try to construct your sentences so they're legible. I have no idea what the question is.

But shivering just happens all by itself,

No it doesn;t, there's always a reason for it even if you don;t understand it.\

I meant it's automatic, like breathing.

you just leave your body to it. No need to worry about it.

So why do it ?

To maintain internal temperature (without the need for clothes). If we were supposed to use external sources of heat, we wouldn't have the ability to shiver.

Our skin doesnlt rapidly change colour like some animals do.

What? Chameleons do it for camouflage, never heard of another reason.

And your skin can change colour. You go red if you're too hot, to radiate heat from your skin. You go purple or blue if you're cold, to radiate less heat from your skin. Your toes go red in the cold to prevent frostbite.

People don't get upset when they sweat.

Some do, if they didn't get upset then why do people buy so much antiperspirant around the world.

I meant they don't worry about being too hot. Antiperspirant is to stop smell.

Most peole don;t shiver most of teh time perhaps that's why.

Shivering a fifth of the time isn't going to stop you doing intricate work then.

It does.

No, because there isn't that much intricate work to be done.

yeah sure in a world where yuo are fat and hairy and don;t use antiperspirant but spend 20% of your time shivering.....

I have two stupdents now looking down a microscope and soldering surface mount devices pin spacing is about 1.25mm

And what percentage of their life are they doing that?

biut for someone that cant; walk through ba 4ft high door without banging your head this is obviously well beyond you.

I once damaged the tracks on a brand new Pentium 3 processor (the ones that run along the square slab to the actual chip in the centre. My screwdriver slipped and scratched some off. I gave the processor to a colleague and he actually soldered it under a microscope using his own hands (not some kind of geared mechanism) and made it work!

Those most people are the stupid ones. They're called "textiles".

Perople aren't called textiles, clothes are one type of textile, curtains and cushion coveres are another type.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=textile
First definition.

Thick ****er.
You said "They're called "textiles" "

You can't even see the differnt between textile and textiles can you.
The first definition is for textile
The second definition is for textiles.

But it doesn't suprise me you can't tell the differnce.

Two people referred to as a textile are called "textiles" because there's more than one. Like one Jew, two Jews.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...g_and_textiles

What temperature do you prefer?

Depends what I'm doing, but my body doesn't ask me, it sets itself at 37C
If I sit in a bath of cold water my internal body temerature would fall so I'd start shivering because the human body likes to be at 37C irrespective of what temerature you think you should be at. Which is why shivering and sweating takes place.
Interestingly the liver works better at lower temeratures which is why you can drink more in the winter than the summer as the liver can process more alchol per unit time when colder.

You haven't answered the question.

I did I said it depends what I;m doing.
If I'm sunbathing I prefer to be warm.

Why would you want to be warmer when sunbathing?

You told me that the temperature we enjoy most is different to the one that's best for us. State these two temperatures.

I never said any such thing.

Yes you did.

--
Circumvent (n.), an opening in the front of boxer shorts worn by Jewish men.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 23:27:05 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
[...]

Such as putting up signs telling of low doors or cossing indicators have they done you any good ?

Most people shiver when they are cold, didn;t you know that.

No, you're normally 37C. You shiver at 36C. That's hardly cold. Death is 20C.

Where did you get those figures from and are you talking about core body temperature.
Mild Hypothermia starts at 35C.

Absolute utter bull****.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia
Temperature classification

Core (rectal, esophageal, etc.)
Hypothermia 35.0 °C (95.0 °F)[38]
Normal 36.5€“37.5 °C (97.7€“99.5 °F)[39]
Fever 37.5 or 38.3 °C (99.5 or 100.9 °F)[6][7]
Hyperthermia 37.5 or 38.3 °C (99.5 or 100.9 °F)[6][7]
Hyperpyrexia 40.0 or 41.0 °C (104.0 or 105.8 °F)[40][41]
Note: The difference between fever and hyperthermia is the underlying mechanism. Different sources have different cut-offs for fever, hyperthermia and hyperpyrexia.

The above is bull****.

And yuo're the expert. LOL.

Hypothermia should mean a dangerous temperature whee you could die.

No the word has a specific meaning, just because yuo don;t understand doesn't make it wrong.

Oh and I was in hospital once for a broken bone

and how did yuo manage that I;ve never had a broken bone, did you headbutt the door again ?

and my temperature was taken. It was 38C.

Arse, ear or mouth or don't you know the differnce ?

I suggested that was too high and the nurse said "No, it can vary by 1C either way depending on the temperature of the room. You won't start sweating or shivering unless it's more than that."

You're body decides to sweat or shiver not you.

Shivering is an atemp to increase yuor body temperature, that's why it happens.

And that's all it means, it's raising your body temperature, it's nothing to be alarmed about and is completely automatic.

Yes it does otherwise why bother.

It's not an alarm, it's a mechanism. Things that are alarms are stuff like pain, stuff that is uncomfortable.

Some find sweating or shivering uncomfotable in fact most do, this is why people in hot countries tend to wear less clothes than those in cold countries, it;s not a fashion statement.

What do you think animals do?

They find shelter from the sun or bask in it like cold blooded animals do.

Warm blooded animals don't need to.

But warm blooded animals sunbathe don't they,

For fun or relaxation, it's not required.

Why isn't it required what does iot matter.

animals don;t need to wear clothes do they.

Neither do we. All fur does is save calories.

We don;t have fur well most humans don't.

By the way, if you want to lose weight.... 400 to 1600 calories per hour by shivering. So two hours of violent shivering is almost enough to lose one pound of weight (3500 calories).

Shivering to Burn Calories. You may feel like your body is working harder to keep you warm when it's cold outside, but you don't start to burn additional calories until you shiver. Shivering is a sign that your body is trying to keep a steady temperature.

As I've explained before, you shiver for a reason otherwise why bother or are yuo saying that Captain Laurence Oates of the antartic was on a diet and wanted to lose weight so he thoughtsaid I'll go out and shiver I might be some time. ?

But they do it, humans pretty much lost the ability millions of years ago.
But a fat hairy human miight survive longer when in cold conditions and might not even notice being cold for quite some time.

Funny how the wimpiest people I see are the hairier ones. My theory is the less body hair you have, and the cuter you are, the more advanced you are. Hence the Japanese have a higher IQ than us. They have very little body hair and are pretty much all sexy.

Your theory tells us a lot about you.
I had two japanese girlfriends so I can understand the sexy thing but they do have a 'thing' about pubic hair.
But testing of inteligence is pretty difficult at teh best of times comparing counties without including educational infrastructure does't make any sense.

Sounds like your ****ed up in most places.

Humans don't really have this ability to hibernate.
If yuo think you can do it try it, it's more efficient than shivering.

Shivering costs no more than turning your gas heating on.

So why shiver why not put the heating on because if you do you'll stop shivering why is that ?

Try to construct your sentences so they're legible. I have no idea what the question is.

I asked you why the body starts shivering ?

You also said shivering burns calories and helps you diet but where do calories come from ?

But shivering just happens all by itself,

No it doesn;t, there's always a reason for it even if you don;t understand it.\

I meant it's automatic, like breathing.

Why are they automatic then ?

you just leave your body to it. No need to worry about it.

So why do it ?

To maintain internal temperature (without the need for clothes). If we were supposed to use external sources of heat, we wouldn't have the ability to shiver.

But shivering isn't enough in many cases and teh person dies due to cold.
Thos is why they wrap people up that have been out in the cold for long periods.

Our skin doesn't rapidly change colour like some animals do.

What? Chameleons do it for camouflage, never heard of another reason.

Chameleons arenlt teh only ones that can change colour, and most change colour for mating, some animals change colour to lok like another species, one cuttlefish changes so much it looks like a crab it even walks sideways and grows eyes on stalks that arenlt eyes on stalks they just look like it.

And your skin can change colour. You go red if you're too hot, to radiate heat from your skin.

Why bother ?

You go purple or blue if you're cold, to radiate less heat from your skin. Your toes go red in the cold to prevent frostbite.

what's wrong with frost bite can't you just shiver more to maintain temperature ?

People don't get upset when they sweat.

Some do, if they didn't get upset then why do people buy so much antiperspirant around the world.

I meant they don't worry about being too hot. Antiperspirant is to stop smell.

No that's Deodorant the clues are in the words de-odour
Antiperspirant anti- perspire.

As usual you've got things arse about face.

No, because there isn't that much intricate work to be done.

yeah sure in a world where yuo are fat and hairy and don;t use antiperspirant but spend 20% of your time shivering.....

I have two stupdents now looking down a microscope and soldering surface mount devices pin spacing is about 1.25mm

And what percentage of their life are they doing that?

No idea depends on many things, but shiverign doesnt make most peole better at their jobs otherwise you'd see people shivering.

biut for someone that cant; walk through ba 4ft high door without banging your head this is obviously well beyond you.

I once damaged the tracks on a brand new Pentium 3 processor (the ones that run along the square slab to the actual chip in the centre. My screwdriver slipped and scratched some off. I gave the processor to a colleague and he actually soldered it under a microscope using his own hands (not some kind of geared mechanism) and made it work!

Yep that's pretty old technology now. People have written poems on rice grains so what.

Those most people are the stupid ones. They're called "textiles".

Perople aren't called textiles, clothes are one type of textile, curtains and cushion coveres are another type.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=textile
First definition.

Thick ****er.
You said "They're called "textiles" "

You can't even see the differnt between textile and textiles can you.
The first definition is for textile
The second definition is for textiles.

But it doesn't suprise me you can't tell the differnce.

Two people referred to as a textile are called "textiles" because there's more than one. Like one Jew, two Jews.

No they are a couple of people, most use teh term group or band of people or even a team I;ve never seen a textile of people used for anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...g_and_textiles

What temperature do you prefer?

Depends what I'm doing,

You haven't answered the question.

I did I said it depends what I;m doing.
If I'm sunbathing I prefer to be warm.

Why would you want to be warmer when sunbathing?

It's no suprise this sort of idea is well beyond you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 12:27:42 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

No, because there are so many signs they are all ignored.

[...]

I've disproved the ice water figures myself by a factor of eight.

Hypothermia should mean a dangerous temperature whee you could die.

No the word has a specific meaning, just because yuo don;t understand doesn't make it wrong.

It's made of hypo and thermia. So it can only mean "not enough warmth". If yoou're just a bit chilly and shivering to prevent further loss of heat, you're not "not enough warm".

Oh and I was in hospital once for a broken bone

and how did yuo manage that I;ve never had a broken bone, did you headbutt the door again ?

First time, 13 years old, riding trolleys down a steep hill into a low stone wall I didn't see hidden in a bush. Broke both bones in my forearm, and the trolley. I have a scar where they had to open my arm to untangle the bloodvessels.

Second time, 19 years old, collided with a stupid ****wit pedestrian who crossed the road in front of me when I was cycling downhill. He admitted he "only listens for cars, and didn't think to look". Broke my collarbone when I fell off the bike and my rucksack wrenched it. My right shoulder is now an inch or two shorter than my left.

Third time, 30 years old, lost my temper with my pet parrot who wouldn't keep quiet, and decided to punch something that wasn't expensive or fragile (i.e. not the parrot). I punched my computer chair downwards, expecting the spring to take the shock. I caught it at a slight angle and the spring did no such thing. Broke my 5th metatarsal (the bone leading to the little finger, inside the main part of the hand). Still got a slight lump in the middle of the bone.

and my temperature was taken. It was 38C.

Arse, ear or mouth or don't you know the differnce ?

Mouth I believe. Dunno how it works, I've tried it myself and always got 30C. I put it under my tongue, I must be doing something wrong though..

I suggested that was too high and the nurse said "No, it can vary by 1C either way depending on the temperature of the room. You won't start sweating or shivering unless it's more than that."

You're body decides to sweat or shiver not you.

I never said otherwise. What I said was your body doesn't even react in the first 1C. Well it probably makes minor adjustments you don't notice, like bloodflow to the skin, and the use of brown fat cells.

Shivering is an atemp to increase yuor body temperature, that's why it happens.

And that's all it means, it's raising your body temperature, it's nothing to be alarmed about and is completely automatic.

Yes it does otherwise why bother.

It's not an alarm, it's a mechanism. Things that are alarms are stuff like pain, stuff that is uncomfortable.

Some find sweating or shivering uncomfotable in fact most do, this is why people in hot countries tend to wear less clothes than those in cold countries, it;s not a fashion statement.

How can shivering possibly be uncomfortable? It's just muscles moving by themselves. As for sweating, most people don't mind it at all, unless they're in an enclosed space and stinking it out. How many times have you seen a jogger running along with a soaking wet shirt and wondered why he doesn't remove it? Either the sweat doesn't bother him, or he's stupid enough to think it cleans his pores.

What do you think animals do?

They find shelter from the sun or bask in it like cold blooded animals do.

Warm blooded animals don't need to.

But warm blooded animals sunbathe don't they,

For fun or relaxation, it's not required.

Why isn't it required what does iot matter.

It's not required because our bodies can adjust our core temperature automatically. Lizards however need to deliberately go to warmer or colder places, or their metabolism will slow down.

animals don;t need to wear clothes do they.

Neither do we. All fur does is save calories.

We don;t have fur well most humans don't.

I never said we did. Please keep up at the back. I said we don't need it (or the clothing equivalent).

By the way, if you want to lose weight.... 400 to 1600 calories per hour by shivering. So two hours of violent shivering is almost enough to lose one pound of weight (3500 calories).

Shivering to Burn Calories. You may feel like your body is working harder to keep you warm when it's cold outside, but you don't start to burn additional calories until you shiver.

Wrong. Brown fat cells create heat by directly consuming fat. No shivering needed.

Shivering is a sign that your body is trying to keep a steady temperature.

Yes, and succeeding. It works very well indeed. And makes your beergut smaller.

As I've explained before, you shiver for a reason otherwise why bother

It's done to remain warm. Thinking it will fail to do so is what's stupid.

or are yuo saying that Captain Laurence Oates of the antartic was on a diet and wanted to lose weight so he thoughtsaid I'll go out and shiver I might be some time. ?

Didn't they run out of food?

But they do it, humans pretty much lost the ability millions of years ago.
But a fat hairy human miight survive longer when in cold conditions and might not even notice being cold for quite some time.

Funny how the wimpiest people I see are the hairier ones. My theory is the less body hair you have, and the cuter you are, the more advanced you are. Hence the Japanese have a higher IQ than us. They have very little body hair and are pretty much all sexy.

Your theory tells us a lot about you.
I had two japanese girlfriends so I can understand the sexy thing but they do have a 'thing' about pubic hair.

Yes, I believe it's considered rude. A naked person with pubic hair is not allowed on TV, but a smooth one is. Smooth girls look better anyway..

But testing of inteligence is pretty difficult at teh best of times comparing counties without including educational infrastructure does't make any sense.

You can compare IQ of different countries quite easily. And the educational infrastructure is there BECAUSE they're cleverer.

Some animals migrate so they are in differtn temperature conditions than they otherwise would be, some go into deep sleeps others hibernate.

No, it's for food availability.

Mostly for breeding.

****ing can be done anywhere.

Sounds like your ****ed up in most places.

True, but not the ones you think.

Humans don't really have this ability to hibernate.
If yuo think you can do it try it, it's more efficient than shivering.

Shivering costs no more than turning your gas heating on.

So why shiver why not put the heating on because if you do you'll stop shivering why is that ?

Try to construct your sentences so they're legible. I have no idea what the question is.

I asked you why the body starts shivering ?

To keep warm without having to wear clothes or find a source of heat.

You also said shivering burns calories and helps you diet but where do calories come from ?

Your fat, the food you recently ate, same as anything else like running.

But shivering just happens all by itself,

No it doesn;t, there's always a reason for it even if you don;t understand it.\

I meant it's automatic, like breathing.

Why are they automatic then ?

So you can ignore it. I don't have to worry when I breathe harder either, I know my body will take in enough air for what I'm doing.

you just leave your body to it. No need to worry about it.

So why do it ?

To maintain internal temperature (without the need for clothes). If we were supposed to use external sources of heat, we wouldn't have the ability to shiver.

But shivering isn't enough in many cases and teh person dies due to cold.

People do not die of cold. You can die of drowning, shortage of food, dehydration, etc.

Thos is why they wrap people up that have been out in the cold for long periods.

Medicine is pure guesswork.

Our skin doesn't rapidly change colour like some animals do.

What? Chameleons do it for camouflage, never heard of another reason..

Chameleons arenlt teh only ones that can change colour, and most change colour for mating, some animals change colour to lok like another species, one cuttlefish changes so much it looks like a crab it even walks sideways and grows eyes on stalks that arenlt eyes on stalks they just look like it.

Those animals are unusual.

And your skin can change colour. You go red if you're too hot, to radiate heat from your skin.

Why bother ?

So clothes aren't necessary.

You go purple or blue if you're cold, to radiate less heat from your skin. Your toes go red in the cold to prevent frostbite.

what's wrong with frost bite can't you just shiver more to maintain temperature ?

Shivering increases core temperature. The bloodflow circulates that heat to the extremities. Shivering is like the gas boiler, the heart is like the central heating pump.

People don't get upset when they sweat.

Some do, if they didn't get upset then why do people buy so much antiperspirant around the world.

I meant they don't worry about being too hot. Antiperspirant is to stop smell.

No that's Deodorant the clues are in the words de-odour
Antiperspirant anti- perspire.

As usual you've got things arse about face.

Most do both. They stop the sweating in the first place, then disguise any that gets through with a scent.

No, because there isn't that much intricate work to be done.
yeah sure in a world where yuo are fat and hairy and don;t use antiperspirant but spend 20% of your time shivering.....

I have two stupdents now looking down a microscope and soldering surface mount devices pin spacing is about 1.25mm

And what percentage of their life are they doing that?

No idea depends on many things, but shiverign doesnt make most peole better at their jobs otherwise you'd see people shivering.

I said it doesn't impede them, I never said it makes it better.

biut for someone that cant; walk through ba 4ft high door without banging your head this is obviously well beyond you.

I once damaged the tracks on a brand new Pentium 3 processor (the ones that run along the square slab to the actual chip in the centre. My screwdriver slipped and scratched some off. I gave the processor to a colleague and he actually soldered it under a microscope using his own hands (not some kind of geared mechanism) and made it work!

Yep that's pretty old technology now.

I was guessing at the "3". It's whatever the latest one was in about 2003. The point was I could hardly see the tracks without a microscope, let alone attempt to solder them. Never known someone with such a steady hand.

People have written poems on rice grains so what.

Without mechanical aids?!

[...]

If you like the warmth of the sun, why don't you want it all the time?

--
I have the world's oldest typewriter - it prints in pencil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 24 July 2017 20:12:58 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
[...]

Is that why you bang your head because yuo ignore ther warning signs ?
Have you considered learning to read and being able to understand what the words mean. ?
If you ignore warning signs you get what you deserve, unless of course they aren't in the langauge you understand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia
Temperature classification

Core (rectal, esophageal, etc.)
Hypothermia 35.0 °C (95.0 °F)[38]
Normal 36.5€“37.5 °C (97.7€“99.5 °F)[39]
Fever 37.5 or 38.3 °C (99.5 or 100.9 °F)[6][7]
Hyperthermia 37.5 or 38.3 °C (99.5 or 100.9 °F)[6][7]
Hyperpyrexia 40.0 or 41.0 °C (104.0 or 105.8 °F)[40][41]
Note: The difference between fever and hyperthermia is the underlying mechanism. Different sources have different cut-offs for fever, hyperthermia and hyperpyrexia.

The above is bull****.

And yuo're the expert. LOL.

I've disproved the ice water figures myself by a factor of eight.

How ?

Hypothermia should mean a dangerous temperature whee you could die.

No the word has a specific meaning, just because yuo don;t understand doesn't make it wrong.

It's made of hypo and thermia. So it can only mean "not enough warmth".

What makes you think there's not enough warmth ?

Hypo in this context actaully means "beneath or below"

and thermia means of heat.

So it;s basicaly below heat.
Now we know your problems you have with hieghts so it's no suprise you're having problems with the idea of tempratures too.

Oh and I was in hospital once for a broken bone

and how did yuo manage that I;ve never had a broken bone, did you headbutt the door again ?

First time, 13 years old, riding trolleys down a steep hill into a low stone wall I didn't see hidden in a bush. Broke both bones in my forearm, and the trolley. I have a scar where they had to open my arm to untangle the bloodvessels.

Sounds quite nasty, I don;t think I've ever had the urge to jump in a trolly and ride down a steep hill.

Second time, 19 years old, collided with a stupid ****wit pedestrian who crossed the road in front of me when I was cycling downhill. He admitted he "only listens for cars, and didn't think to look".

Well pedestrians do have right of way on the road and cyclists should be watching where they are going, I guess you're lucky it wasn't a car.

Broke my collarbone when I fell off the bike and my rucksack wrenched it. My right shoulder is now an inch or two shorter than my left.

Nasty , I'm glad I've managed to avoid such things.

Third time, 30 years old, lost my temper with my pet parrot who wouldn't keep quiet, and decided to punch something that wasn't expensive or fragile (i.e. not the parrot). I punched my computer chair downwards, expecting the spring to take the shock. I caught it at a slight angle and the spring did no such thing. Broke my 5th metatarsal (the bone leading to the little finger, inside the main part of the hand). Still got a slight lump in the middle of the bone.

Ah parrot rage, not heard of that before.

and my temperature was taken. It was 38C.

Arse, ear or mouth or don't you know the differnce ?

Mouth I believe. Dunno how it works, I've tried it myself and always got 30C. I put it under my tongue, I must be doing something wrong though.

Strange that, but I've never tried it myself, I tried once with one of those laser thermometers from maplin I got about 36C but wasn't expecting it to be accurate.
The results you're getting suggest yuo are perhaps sub-human temerature wise.
Have yuo ever worked on Dr Who as an ice warrior ;-)

You're body decides to sweat or shiver not you.

I never said otherwise. What I said was your body doesn't even react in the first 1C. Well it probably makes minor adjustments you don't notice, like bloodflow to the skin, and the use of brown fat cells.

Yes and understanding why it does this while not important does make a point.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/07/2017 14:26, whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

I don't find it pleasurable and it can inhibit you doing things.
Most peole take action to stop themselves shivering when possible there's a reason for this although it might have escaped you.

It's just muscles moving by themselves.

And why would they do that for fun ?

As for sweating, most people don't mind it at all, unless they're in an enclosed space and stinking it out. How many times have you seen a jogger running along with a soaking wet shirt

Not often as they rarely sweat that much and if they do the wet shirt against the breeze tends to cool them.

and wondered why he doesn't remove it? Either the sweat doesn't bother him, or he's stupid enough to think it cleans his pores.

Maybe he doesn;t want to risk getting a tan.
Yopu might as well ask why they splash water over themselves to cool themselves down.
Why do yuo think both runners and cyclist poor water over their hands do you think they are trying to commit suicide via drowning ?

What do you think animals do?

They find shelter from the sun or bask in it like cold blooded animals do.

Warm blooded animals don't need to.

But warm blooded animals sunbathe don't they,

For fun or relaxation, it's not required.

Why isn't it required what does iot matter.

It's not required because our bodies can adjust our core temperature automatically.

There you go I told you that and you rejected it.

Lizards however need to deliberately go to warmer or colder places, or their metabolism will slow down.

Exactly humans have a built in safety measure that kicks in when things start to get too hot or too cold. Some other animals have other mechanisisms such as raising fur/hair hair to trap more air.
A lot of animals unlike humans can;t seat through their skin they use thier nose, tognue such as dogs.

animals don;t need to wear clothes do they.

Neither do we. All fur does is save calories.

We don;t have fur well most humans don't.

I never said we did. Please keep up at the back. I said we don't need it (or the clothing equivalent).

We have evolved to need it less, because we have clothes and have found other ways of maintaining temerature.
(well some of us have evolved)

By the way, if you want to lose weight.... 400 to 1600 calories per hour by shivering. So two hours of violent shivering is almost enough to lose one pound of weight (3500 calories).

Shivering to Burn Calories. You may feel like your body is working harder to keep you warm when it's cold outside, but you don't start to burn additional calories until you shiver.

Wrong. Brown fat cells create heat by directly consuming fat. No shivering needed.

Only when the majority of 'white' fat is gone, but then why would the body do this why destroy brown fat just to create heat ?
According you you humans don't need it they can live at any temerpature.

Shivering is a sign that your body is trying to keep a steady temperature.

Yes, and succeeding.

Maintaining like eating food over the period of years to amintain ficntionilty.

It works very well indeed.

For it's limits yes but people do die from cold why is that ?

And makes your beergut smaller.

I don't have one so wouldn't know, but I think it unlikely that shivering would significany reducew a beergut.

As I've explained before, you shiver for a reason otherwise why bother

It's done to remain warm. Thinking it will fail to do so is what's stupid.

But it does fail.

or are yuo saying that Captain Laurence Oates of the antartic was on a diet and wanted to lose weight so he thoughtsaid I'll go out and shiver I might be some time. ?

Didn't they run out of food?

Man can live for at least 3 weeks without food, plenty of water about.

You can't live without food for 3 weeks in very cold conditions, the
body uses the food to produce heat, run out of food and you start to run
out of heat.

Normal requirements for a sedentary adult male about 2400 calories per
day; antarctic, 5000; physically active in antarctic (such as pulling a
sled), 6500.

No water in the antactic either, only ice. Unless you have sufficient
fuel to melt it, you can only use your body heat and thus require even
more food to maintain your body temperature.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 22:25:31 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

[...]

Surely the above numbers depend if you're naked or wearing sissy warm girly clothing?

--
Cobra: 2 conjoined bras.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 23:19:45 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Steve Walker
wrote:

Second time, 19 years old, collided with a stupid ****wit pedestrian who
crossed the road in front of me when I was cycling downhill. He admitted
he "only listens for cars, and didn't think to look".

And you didn't think to ring your bicycle bell? That's what it's for.

He crossed in front of me in less distance than would be sufficient for him to react to any warning. And if there was time, I would have swerved or braked, which removes the pedestrian's thinking time. Hence a car horn is always useless as a warning. By the time you've pressed it, waited for the other driver to work out who hooted, what they have to do, then do it, you could have taken your own evasive action much more quickly. I only use a horn to tell people they've been an utter ****wit.

Didn't they run out of food?

Yes, and fuel.

Food is fuel.

--
A juggler, driving to his next performance, is stopped by the police. "What are these matches and lighter fluid doing in your car?" asks the cop.
"I'm a juggler and I juggle flaming torches in my act."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 25 July 2017 22:25:43 UTC+1, Steve Walker wrote:
On 25/07/2017 14:26, whisky-dave wrote:

Didn't they run out of food?

Man can live for at least 3 weeks without food, plenty of water about.

You can't live without food for 3 weeks in very cold conditions,

That's part of the problem, even when warm you need food to survive being cold makes things worse in that respect.

the
body uses the food to produce heat, run out of food and you start to run
out of heat.

Yes but James doesn't see a problem with running out of heat when all you need to do is shiver.

Normal requirements for a sedentary adult male about 2400 calories per
day; antarctic, 5000; physically active in antarctic (such as pulling a
sled), 6500.

But all James needs to do is shiver so there's no ptoblem maintaining heat.

No water in the antactic either, only ice. Unless you have sufficient
fuel to melt it, you can only use your body heat and thus require even
more food to maintain your body temperature.

Yes but Weddell seals seem to do OK.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Second time, 19 years old, collided with a stupid ****wit pedestrian who
crossed the road in front of me when I was cycling downhill. He admitted
he "only listens for cars, and didn't think to look".

And you didn't think to ring your bicycle bell? That's what it's for.

He crossed in front of me in less distance than would be sufficient for him to react to any warning.

You mean you were to slow witted to do anything to avoid the collision.
I'm guessing he was moving slower than you were.

And if there was time, I would have swerved or braked, which removes the pedestrian's thinking time.

You were obviously travling too fast if you couldn't stop in time.

Hence a car horn is always useless as a warning.

Not to most people.

By the time you've pressed it,

Then you should press it earlier, you know a bit like ducking before walking under a low.. oh forget it, it;s just to advanced a concept, and it's lunchtime.

Sir Gregory crying with no dates. . . . Catalina Home Repair 15 March 19th 16 04:09 AM
Spies notify us that darya gunchenko is up to her tricks and crying to the cops about the net dmarko Woodworking 0 November 1st 08 06:16 AM
Crying wood Roger[_6_] Woodworking 7 January 15th 08 06:33 PM
"crying" sound from the hot water tap...? ODB Home Repair 3 November 26th 06 08:41 PM
Boo Hoo - Natalie crying and talking [email protected] Electronics Repair 5 August 27th 04 11:47 AM