Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default crying

On Thursday, 6 July 2017 00:22:59 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 05 Jul 2017 10:26:59 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 4 July 2017 21:49:30 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 04 Jul 2017 17:02:21 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 3 July 2017 15:14:03 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 11:02:39 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 17:04:28 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 16:49:32 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 16:14:52 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:47:44 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 12:57:54 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:52:13 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 26 June 2017 17:33:48 UTC+1, Mark wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:19:49 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"

Tell me you don't have any kids - you are utterly unsuitable to be a
parent.

He can't even look after himself, he has problems dressing and walking when wearing shoes

Clumsiness is present in most people.

Not quite to the extent you seem to suffer from it.

You have no data on how often I do these things.

I know but for you to complain about it I doubt it's a once or twice a year otherwise you wouldnlt have mentioned such a thing.

Probably once a week or so, like everyone else.

Maybe you should talk to more people I doubt many here have the problem of hitting their head on door frame even once a year would be a lot for most people.

Who wears shoes on their head?

Not many, why, are you looking for some sort of support group ?

You seem to be confused about two seperate things.

Yes yuo seem to have problems with shoes and banging your head maybe they are linked but few wear shoes on their head so it must be at leastv two seperate problems you have.

It's called clumsiness, most people have it.

You seem to have more than your fair share though.
I had a flatmate that seemed accident prone, but that was down to the stupid things she did.

Most people shiver when they are cold, didn;t you know that.

No, you're normally 37C. You shiver at 36C. That's hardly cold. Death is 20C.

Where did you get those figures from and are you talking about core body temperature.
Mild Hypothermia starts at 35C.

Absolute utter bull****.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia
Temperature classification

Core (rectal, esophageal, etc.)
Hypothermia 35.0 °C (95.0 °F)[38]
Normal 36.5€“37.5 °C (97.7€“99.5 °F)[39]
Fever 37.5 or 38.3 °C (99.5 or 100.9 °F)[6][7]
Hyperthermia 37.5 or 38.3 °C (99.5 or 100.9 °F)[6][7]
Hyperpyrexia 40.0 or 41.0 °C (104.0 or 105.8 °F)[40][41]
Note: The difference between fever and hyperthermia is the underlying mechanism. Different sources have different cut-offs for fever, hyperthermia and hyperpyrexia.

Shivering is an atemp to increase yuor body temperature, that's why it happens.

And that's all it means, it's raising your body temperature, it's nothing to be alarmed about and is completely automatic.

Yes it does otherwise why bother.

Your body tries to take over and does what it can. Some peole would put heating on or put more clothes on or got to a warmer area.

What do you think animals do?

They find shelter from the sun or bask in it like cold blooded animals do.

Warm blooded animals don't need to.

But warm blooded animals sunbathe don't they, animals don;t need to wear clothes do they.

if they are fury they can adjust thier coats to retain or lose heat, a bit like us taking off or putting on warmer clothes.

Not actually required.

But they do it, humans pretty much lost the ability millions of years ago.
But a fat hairy human miight survive longer when in cold conditions and might not even notice being cold for quite some time.

This is one advantage most humans have over animals the ability to wear clothes rather than seeking shelter.

Only for comfort if you're a girl.

So men don't wear warm clothes for comfort then.

Some animals migrate so they are in differtn temperature conditions than they otherwise would be, some go into deep sleeps others hibernate.

No, it's for food availability.

Mostly for breeding.

Humans don't really have this ability to hibernate.
If yuo think you can do it try it, it's more efficient than shivering.

Shivering costs no more than turning your gas heating on.

So why shiver why not put the heating on because if you do you'll stop shivering why is that ?

But shivering just happens all by itself,

No it doesn;t, there's always a reason for it even if you don;t understand it.\

you just leave your body to it. No need to worry about it.

So why do it ?
Our skin doesnlt rapidly change colour like some animals do.

People don't get upset when they sweat.

Some do, if they didn't get upset then why do people buy so much antiperspirant around the world.

Most peole don;t shiver most of teh time perhaps that's why.

Shivering a fifth of the time isn't going to stop you doing intricate work then.

It does.

No, because there isn't that much intricate work to be done.

yeah sure in a world where yuo are fat and hairy and don;t use antiperspirant but spend 20% of your time shivering.....

I have two stupdents now looking down a microscope and soldering surface mount devices pin spacing is about 1.25mm , biut for someone that cant; walk through ba 4ft high door without banging your head this is obviously well beyond you.

Those most people are the stupid ones. They're called "textiles".

Perople aren't called textiles, clothes are one type of textile, curtains and cushion coveres are another type.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=textile
First definition.

Thick ****er.
You said "They're called "textiles" "

You can't even see the differnt between textile and textiles can you.
The first definition is for textile
The second definition is for textiles.

But it doesn't suprise me you can't tell the differnce.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...g_and_textiles

What temperature do you prefer?

Depends what I'm doing, but my body doesn't ask me, it sets itself at 37C
If I sit in a bath of cold water my internal body temerature would fall so I'd start shivering because the human body likes to be at 37C irrespective of what temerature you think you should be at. Which is why shivering and sweating takes place.
Interestingly the liver works better at lower temeratures which is why you can drink more in the winter than the summer as the liver can process more alchol per unit time when colder.

You haven't answered the question.

I did I said it depends what I;m doing.
If I'm sunbathing I prefer to be warm.

You told me that the temperature we enjoy most is different to the one that's best for us. State these two temperatures.

I never said any such thing.