Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default crying

On Sat, 03 Jun 2017 10:29:32 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 09:25:04 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

There are different crying types. There is disstress crying and
frustration crying. the latter is one of lifes lessons being learned,
the other is in need of urgent attention.

Agreed, shame that many parents don't seem able to tell the
difference and give the child attention at the meerest whimper.
Result in a kid that thinks the way to get attention for anything is
to wail and if it doesn't work wail harder and longer up to a full
blown tantrum.

Our two tried the tantrum once possibly twice, we laughed, it didn't
work, they gave up on the idea.

M'colleague told me there's a way to stop your kid being needy. You completely ignore it crying as a baby and feed it on a schedule. It soon stops waking you up at night.

--
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change ready.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

No it isn't. When they realise that crying achieves nothing, they stop doing so.

--
We've had a hot, dry summer this year. It was so hot that one of my neighbors said his wife even thawed out.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

No.
You seem to delight in your ignorance.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It's not ignorance when I know it worked for her, her friends, and: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoStupidQue...rying_baby_in/

--
Ted Walsh - Horse Racing Commentator - "This is really a lovely horse. I once rode her mother."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Ours got fed on demand but we made sure that the demand cry was a
real "I'm hungry" cry based partially by how long since the last feed
and partially how long that feed took (no bottles here).

Absolute ********.

No it isn't. When they realise that crying achieves nothing, they

stop
doing so.

No.
You seem to delight in your ignorance.

I guess you respond to (read reward) your kids for every tiddly
whimper they make. Must get through tonnes of cotten wool.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 20:24:39 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

[...]

I saw a poor kid outside in 27C heat and baking sunshine, no wind, wearing a thick jacket. Some mothers haven't a clue.

--
What is the difference between a battery and a woman?
A battery has a positive side.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

It depends on the reason for crying if it's for attention and purely for attention then the crying will stop. But the commenst reason(s) are teeth and the resulting tooth ache amonst other things.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Which cannot be cured with a cuddle. So again, no point in seeing to the baby.

--
Why is bra singular and panties plural?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

But it can be cured by the parent or anyone else applying medication and even if there is no medication it's been proved that' kissing it better' can have the placebo effect advantage and the pain or whatever was causing crying stops it.

Why is bra singular and panties plural?

Panties, knickers and trousers were originally two separte garments that were put on and then joined, it's similar to why we say scissors because it's two scissor crossed and joined to make one tool.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Easier to put the baby in a seperate room where you can't hear it, then the parents can get a solid sleep. Make sure it's fed with a clean nappy before you go to bed, then it can survive for 8 hours without ****ing moaning!

Why is bra singular and panties plural?

Panties, knickers and trousers were originally two separte garments that were put on and then joined, it's similar to why we say scissors because it's two scissor crossed and joined to make one tool.

Trousers in two pieces? Never heard of that. Link?

--
Keyboards used to be expensive and beer used to be cheap.
Now beer is expensive and keyboards are cheap.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I wonder if any did that in Grenfell Tower.

Make sure it's fed with a clean nappy before you go to bed, then it can survive for 8 hours without ****ing moaning!

well no one likes being woken up do they.

Why is bra singular and panties plural?

Panties, knickers and trousers were originally two separte garments that were put on and then joined, it's similar to why we say scissors because it's two scissor crossed and joined to make one tool.

Trousers in two pieces? Never heard of that. Link?

Difficult to get links off teh TV of 10 years or so ago, it was a history of clothes I wasn't that interested but did want to know why some things are pluralised they way they are such as Ox, sheep.
It was something to do with the fench word for two pieces join i.e 2 pieces of trouser, there's shorts too but they didn't exist then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

You're saying a baby started the fire?

Make sure it's fed with a clean nappy before you go to bed, then it can survive for 8 hours without ****ing moaning!

well no one likes being woken up do they.

No, which is why mothers with the baby in their own room are nuts.

Why is bra singular and panties plural?

Panties, knickers and trousers were originally two separte garments that were put on and then joined, it's similar to why we say scissors because it's two scissor crossed and joined to make one tool.

Trousers in two pieces? Never heard of that. Link?

Difficult to get links off teh TV of 10 years or so ago, it was a history of clothes I wasn't that interested but did want to know why some things are pluralised they way they are such as Ox, sheep.
It was something to do with the fench word for two pieces join i.e 2 pieces of trouser, there's shorts too but they didn't exist then.

The internet must have a record if it somewhere, if you know the name for them or something.

--
Mary had a little sheep
She took it to her bed to sleep
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Make sure it's fed with a clean nappy before you go to bed, then it
can survive for 8 hours without ****ing moaning!

well no one likes being woken up do they.

If I were fed with a clean nappy, I'd probably not be able to sleep
through indigestion.

--
*What was the best thing before sliced bread? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 17:28:48 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Make sure it's fed with a clean nappy before you go to bed, then it
can survive for 8 hours without ****ing moaning!

well no one likes being woken up do they.

If I were fed with a clean nappy, I'd probably not be able to sleep
through indigestion.

I thought that after I wrote it, then realised only people in alt.usage.english would be that pedantic.

--
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason -- Benjamin Franklin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

No that they ignore a warning noise that something was happening.
Poepl wedge open foire doors, move extinguishers, get annoyed by alarms going off and tend to ignore them.

Make sure it's fed with a clean nappy before you go to bed, then it can survive for 8 hours without ****ing moaning!

well no one likes being woken up do they.

No, which is why mothers with the baby in their own room are nuts.

Some people have the ability to care more about others than themselves.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Because alarms are **** that's why. They go off for false positives 10 times more often than a real positive.

Make sure it's fed with a clean nappy before you go to bed, then it can survive for 8 hours without ****ing moaning!

well no one likes being woken up do they.

No, which is why mothers with the baby in their own room are nuts.

Some people have the ability to care more about others than themselves.

the baby doesn't need 24/7 attention. And giving it 24/7 attention turns it into a useless wimp that cannot take care of itself.

--
The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray: "Take only ONE. god is watching."
Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies. A child had written a note, "Take all you want. god is watching the apples."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Only 10 times? I'd estimate about 100.

Make sure it's fed with a clean nappy before you go to bed, then it can survive for 8 hours without ****ing moaning!

well no one likes being woken up do they.

No, which is why mothers with the baby in their own room are nuts.

Some people have the ability to care more about others than themselves.

the baby doesn't need 24/7 attention. And giving it 24/7 attention turns it into a useless wimp that cannot take care of itself.

It's not about 24/7 attention. Babies need to be in a safe place and
the carer must be able to recognise quickly if there is a problem.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You're most likely correct. I just ignore them, except if they're in the middle of the ****ing night, then I call the police and tell them I saw a burglar, even when I know there isn't one. Hopefully the police bash a clue into the heads of the morons with alarms.

Make sure it's fed with a clean nappy before you go to bed, then it can survive for 8 hours without ****ing moaning!

well no one likes being woken up do they.

No, which is why mothers with the baby in their own room are nuts.

Some people have the ability to care more about others than themselves.

the baby doesn't need 24/7 attention. And giving it 24/7 attention turns it into a useless wimp that cannot take care of itself.

It's not about 24/7 attention. Babies need to be in a safe place and
the carer must be able to recognise quickly if there is a problem.

They don't need cotton wool. They're humans, not plants.

--
There was a blackout in my neighborhood last night.
I had to shoot him before he stole everything.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Cotton wool is irrelevant - plants don't need it for a start.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Your wit is unastounding. You know what I meant.

Actually I don't think I do know what you meant, unless you are
proposing that parents leave their babies alone for long periods of
time and ignore any crying.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

That is precisely what I'm proposing, and many do. The babies soon learn that crying won't get them anywhere. But if you want a moany little needy child, then you carry on wrapping them in cotton wool.

--
Sweet dreams are made of cheese, who am I to diss a Brie? I cheddar the world and the feta cheese, everybody's looking for Stilton.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Yes in some cases.

Make sure it's fed with a clean nappy before you go to bed, then it can survive for 8 hours without ****ing moaning!

well no one likes being woken up do they.

No, which is why mothers with the baby in their own room are nuts.

Some people have the ability to care more about others than themselves.

the baby doesn't need 24/7 attention. And giving it 24/7 attention turns it into a useless wimp that cannot take care of itself.

while some need extra help like adults to and signs telliong them to mind their head on their own brid cage doors.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

In the Victorian era maybe.

The babies soon learn that crying won't get them anywhere.

Even if there is something really wrong?

But if you want a moany little needy child, then you carry on wrapping them in cotton wool.

I really hope you never have children as you have the hallmarks of an
abuser.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Like a house or car alarm, they go off all the time, something wrong or not.

But if you want a moany little needy child, then you carry on wrapping them in cotton wool.

I really hope you never have children as you have the hallmarks of an
abuser.

Go read up on it, plenty do the same.

You're a complete ****wit if you think your way is the only way. Teaching kids things isn't always nice, they need to be ignored, smacked, etc, or they'll never learn. But you go ahead and create a needy whining child that'll break the law every 5 minutes for the rest of life because it thinks all it'll get is praise.

--
What's soft and warm when you go to bed, but hard and stiff when you wake up?
Vomit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Which is why they are all useless. Alarms are ignored, because chances are it's just gone off by itself.

Make sure it's fed with a clean nappy before you go to bed, then it can survive for 8 hours without ****ing moaning!

well no one likes being woken up do they.

No, which is why mothers with the baby in their own room are nuts.

Some people have the ability to care more about others than themselves.

the baby doesn't need 24/7 attention. And giving it 24/7 attention turns it into a useless wimp that cannot take care of itself.

while some need extra help like adults to and signs telliong them to mind their head on their own brid cage doors.

Death does not result from that. We should have no warning signs anywhere. If someone is stupid enough to put their arm into a rotating blade, let them. We need less stupid folk around.

--
Climate change will exist so long as there's money to be made from it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

You say that like abuse is a bad thing. Kids need to learn to fend for themselves, or they never become adults. Cut the modern new age treehugging be nice to everyone **** and grasp reality.

It's also fun to punish the little ****e when it ****es you off. Remove TV privileges like you probably do, it won't care. Beat the **** out of it, it won't dare do it again.

--
What's soft and warm when you go to bed, but hard and stiff when you wake up?
Vomit.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Ah. 1,000,000 flies can't be wrong.

You're a complete ****wit if you think your way is the only way. Teaching kids things isn't
always nice, they need to be ignored, smacked, etc, or they'll never learn.

You are sick. Children learn far better without being abused.
Smacking is more likely to lead to mental health issues than
"learning".

But you go ahead
and create a needy whining child that'll break the law every 5 minutes for the rest of life
because it thinks all it'll get is praise.

You must be a fan of Jimmy Saville.

Tell me you don't have any kids - you are utterly unsuitable to be a
parent.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

There are two ways to bring up kids. They can both work, depending in the child. Some will respond to a good talking to, some need belted.

You're a complete ****wit if you think your way is the only way. Teaching kids things isn't
always nice, they need to be ignored, smacked, etc, or they'll never learn.

You are sick. Children learn far better without being abused.

It's not abuse. Abuse would be beating them up for no reason. A smack to tell them they did wrong is the quickest, easiest, and most effective method. Everyone used to do it, and funnily enough we all grew up just fine.

Smacking is more likely to lead to mental health issues than
"learning".

Right.... a temporary pain on the backside damages the brain. Are you one of those screwed in the head American trick cyclists?

But you go ahead
and create a needy whining child that'll break the law every 5 minutes for the rest of life
because it thinks all it'll get is praise.

You must be a fan of Jimmy Saville.

Show me a link to where he smacked children or ignored them crying.

Your way isn't the only way, get over it. Your kids won't thank you when your neighbour's tougher kids who were brought up my way beat the **** out of them at school. But it's ok, yours know how to talk their way out of a fight....

--
I was telling a girl in the pub about my ability to guess what day a woman was born just by feeling her boobs.
"Really" she said, "Go on then.... try."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Of course it is.

It's also fun to punish the little ****e when it ****es you off. Remove TV privileges like you
probably do, it won't care. Beat the **** out of it, it won't dare do it again.

You have a seriously deranged attitude.

However you're just trolling.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

No. It is abuse. And not at all effective. Do you have any evidence
for your assertions?

Everyone used to do it, and funnily enough we all grew up just fine.

Well, you obviously didn't.

Smacking is more likely to lead to mental health issues than
"learning".

Right.... a temporary pain on the backside damages the brain. Are you one of those screwed in the head American trick cyclists?

But you go ahead
and create a needy whining child that'll break the law every 5 minutes for the rest of life
because it thinks all it'll get is praise.

You must be a fan of Jimmy Saville.

Show me a link to where he smacked children or ignored them crying.

Tell me you don't have any kids - you are utterly unsuitable to be a
parent.

Your way isn't the only way, get over it.

Your way is abuse and, if you actually practised it, you should be
locked up. It's a criminal offense.

Your kids won't thank you when your
neighbour's tougher kids who were brought up my way beat the **** out of them
at school. But it's ok, yours know how to talk their way out of a fight....

My kids are fine, thanks.

Your kids won't thank you when they need to go through a huge amount
of treatment for their mental health issues due to your abuse.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/17 17:49, Mark wrote:
........multiple lines of flamewar wankfest with James Wilkinson (pork) sword

No.

Exactly .

Kill file the **** and give up.

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Anon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Only in your opinion. Plenty folk believe in corporal punishment. When you were a child, most people did. Did you and most of your friends grow up screwed in the head? No.

It's also fun to punish the little ****e when it ****es you off. Remove TV privileges like you
probably do, it won't care. Beat the **** out of it, it won't dare do it again.

You have a seriously deranged attitude.

No, I have an attitude different to yours. The difference is I don't object to your way of bringing up kids. But you object to mine. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

However you're just trolling.

You can believe that if you like.

--
Testicle (n.), a humorous question on an exam.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Yes, as evidenced by the louts created by the soft approach, who simply never behave. That's why we have full juvenile detention centres.

You're a complete ****wit if you think your way is the only way. Teaching kids things isn't
always nice, they need to be ignored, smacked, etc, or they'll never learn.

You are sick. Children learn far better without being abused.

It's not abuse. Abuse would be beating them up for no reason. A smack to tell them they did wrong is the quickest, easiest, and most effective method.

No. It is abuse. And not at all effective. Do you have any evidence
for your assertions?

Which would you want to avoid the next time you misbehaved? Getting smacked by your dad or being told you're a very naughty boy? Being told off will just be ignored, again and again, no reason to obey rules if all you get when you disobey them is a few words.

Since most people were smacked in the last generation, you're asserting that most people of your age are ****ed in the head. Clearly not true.

Smacking is more likely to lead to mental health issues than
"learning".

Right.... a temporary pain on the backside damages the brain. Are you one of those screwed in the head American trick cyclists?

But you go ahead
and create a needy whining child that'll break the law every 5 minutes for the rest of life
because it thinks all it'll get is praise.

You must be a fan of Jimmy Saville.

Show me a link to where he smacked children or ignored them crying.

Tell me you don't have any kids - you are utterly unsuitable to be a
parent.

Your way isn't the only way, get over it.

Your way is abuse and, if you actually practised it, you should be
locked up. It's a criminal offense.

I see mums smacking their toddlers in Asda quite often. Nobody says a word about it.

Lots of things are criminal offences, all that means is the government currently ni power has that opinion. Do you never break the speed limit for example? Are all 3 million people caught speeding every year in the wrong according o you? All 3 MILLION?

Your kids won't thank you when your
neighbour's tougher kids who were brought up my way beat the **** out of them
at school. But it's ok, yours know how to talk their way out of a fight....

My kids are fine, thanks.

Your kids won't thank you when they need to go through a huge amount
of treatment for their mental health issues due to your abuse.

Mental health is caused by mental torture, not physical torture. Show me where I said they should be tied up to watch a dripping tap for 3 days.

--
The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail -- Gustaf Lindborg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:57:48 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 26/06/17 17:49, Mark wrote:
.......multiple lines of flamewar wankfest with James Wilkinson (pork) sword

No.

Exactly .

Kill file the **** and give up.

Why don't you? You're reading my post and telling someone else to killfile me! How stupid can you be?

--
He saw her in her birthday suit swimming by the pier
She said, "Please go away," but he pretended not to hear.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

And they're all misguided, at best. Actually they are criminals and
abusers.

When you were a
child, most people did. Did you and most of your friends grow up screwed in the head? No.

A lot did.

It's also fun to punish the little ****e when it ****es you off. Remove TV privileges like you
probably do, it won't care. Beat the **** out of it, it won't dare do it again.

You have a seriously deranged attitude.

No, I have an attitude different to yours. The difference is I don't object to your way of
bringing up kids. But you object to mine. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

I do object because I know how harmful it is.

However you're just trolling.

You can believe that if you like.

It's obvious - *plonk*.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Only in your opinion, because you cannot accept a different method to your own.

Bull****. Corporal punishment was the norm not that long ago. And kids grew up a damn sight better than they do now. More disciplined and well behaved.

It's also fun to punish the little ****e when it ****es you off. Remove TV privileges like you
probably do, it won't care. Beat the **** out of it, it won't dare do it again.

You have a seriously deranged attitude.

No, I have an attitude different to yours. The difference is I don't object to your way of
bringing up kids. But you object to mine. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

I do object because I know how harmful it is.

Smacking doesn't even leave a bruise.

However you're just trolling.

You can believe that if you like.

It's obvious - *plonk*.

Looks like you never grew up. You reply to me THEN killfile me. Awwww, did you get the last word in? Does that make you feel better? Better go sit in your comfort room and calm down your screwed up head.

--
Helpdesk: Click on the 'my computer' icon on the left of the screen.
Customer: Your left or my left?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Wrong:

http://childlawadvice.org.uk/informa...king-children/

"It is unlawful for a parent or carer to smack their child, *****except where this amounts to €˜reasonable punishment.*****"

--
The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail -- Gustaf Lindborg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-06-26, Ian Guthrie wrote:

[172 lines snipped]

Wrong:

http://childlawadvice.org.uk/informa...king-children/

"It is unlawful for a parent or carer to smack their child, *****except where this amounts to €˜reasonable punishment.*****"

Don't any of you ****s have a functional delete key?

Get a wheelmouse.

--
An ostrichs eye is bigger than its brain.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

And some like the PHucker are sociopaths/psychopaths.

Thank christ it hasnt managed to reproduce.

Sir Gregory crying with no dates. . . . Catalina Home Repair 15 March 19th 16 04:09 AM
Spies notify us that darya gunchenko is up to her tricks and crying to the cops about the net dmarko Woodworking 0 November 1st 08 06:16 AM
Crying wood Roger[_6_] Woodworking 7 January 15th 08 06:33 PM
"crying" sound from the hot water tap...? ODB Home Repair 3 November 26th 06 08:41 PM
Boo Hoo - Natalie crying and talking [email protected] Electronics Repair 5 August 27th 04 11:47 AM