Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Crying wood

We've been having a humid couple of weeks, and I've got a piece of furniture
that has started to drip water. I have not got a clue what the wood is - any
ideas, is it the wood, the glues, varnish??

Posted to rec.woodworking

Never heard of this personally... I assume it's a finished piece? Did you
make it or is it store-bought? How much water is coming out of it?

Will

"Roger" wrote in message
news
We've been having a humid couple of weeks, and I've got a piece of
furniture that has started to drip water. I have not got a clue what the
wood is - any ideas, is it the wood, the glues, varnish??

Posted to rec.woodworking

Roger said:

We've been having a humid couple of weeks, and I've got a piece of furniture
that has started to drip water. I have not got a clue what the wood is - any
ideas, is it the wood, the glues, varnish??

It is clearly possessed. You should call a Catholic Priest
immediately. But seriously, could it be condensation? It is near a
window and/or heating vent? If it lives in the South, however, I know
how it feels.

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Roger" wrote in message
news
We've been having a humid couple of weeks, and I've got a piece of
furniture that has started to drip water. I have not got a clue what the
wood is - any ideas, is it the wood, the glues, varnish??

In Houston, every thing drips water at least daily. ;~) Condensation?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Roger wrote:
Yep, finished item, store bought about 15 years ago.

It drips about a saucer a day, first time its done this since we bought it.

Look for a plumbing leak.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 13, 11:49 pm, Nova wrote:
Roger wrote:
Yep, finished item, store bought about 15 years ago.

It drips about a saucer a day, first time its done this since we bought it.

Look for a plumbing leak.

Good thinking.

Another possibility would be a dead rotting animal trapped
inside.

For condensation to form there would need to be a diurnal
temperature/humidity swing. If you air-condition in the daytime
cooling it down with dry air, and then let warmer humid air in
at night, or vice versa, then it could be condensation.

--

FF
Posted to rec.woodworking

Roger wrote:
We've been having a humid couple of weeks, and I've got a piece of furniture
that has started to drip water. I have not got a clue what the wood is - any
ideas, is it the wood, the glues, varnish??

Obviously "Weeping Willow". What did you say to the poor thing? :-)

Wayne