Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default crying

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:04:16 +0100, Mark
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:06:40 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 11:15:00 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 22 June 2017 16:55:57 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 16:52:14 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 22 June 2017 15:47:46 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 15:34:46 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 22 June 2017 14:26:07 UTC+1, James Wilkinson
Sword wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:42:23 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Wednesday, 21 June 2017 15:46:43 UTC+1, James Wilkinson
Sword wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 13:04:39 +0100, Mark
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 19:46:31 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jun 2017 10:29:32 +0100, Dave Liquorice
wrote:

On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 09:25:04 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

There are different crying types. There is disstress
crying and
frustration crying. the latter is one of lifes
lessons being learned,
the other is in need of urgent attention.

Agreed, shame that many parents don't seem able to
tell the
difference and give the child attention at the meerest
whimper.
Result in a kid that thinks the way to get attention
for anything is
to wail and if it doesn't work wail harder and longer
up to a full
blown tantrum.

Our two tried the tantrum once possibly twice, we
laughed, it didn't
work, they gave up on the idea.

M'colleague told me there's a way to stop your kid
being needy. You completely ignore it crying as a baby and feed
it on a schedule. It soon stops waking you up at night.

Absolute ********.

No it isn't. When they realise that crying achieves
nothing, they stop doing so.

It depends on the reason for crying if it's for attention
and purely for attention then the crying will stop. But the
commenst reason(s) are teeth and the resulting tooth ache amonst
other things.

Which cannot be cured with a cuddle. So again, no point in
seeing to the baby.

But it can be cured by the parent or anyone else applying
medication and even if there is no medication it's been proved
that' kissing it better' can have the placebo effect advantage and
the pain or whatever was causing crying stops it.

Easier to put the baby in a seperate room where you can't hear
it, then the parents can get a solid sleep.

I wonder if any did that in Grenfell Tower.

You're saying a baby started the fire?

No that they ignore a warning noise that something was happening.
Poepl wedge open foire doors, move extinguishers, get annoyed by
alarms going off and tend to ignore them.

Because alarms are **** that's why. They go off for false positives
10 times more often than a real positive.

Only 10 times? I'd estimate about 100.

You're most likely correct. I just ignore them, except if they're in
the middle of the ****ing night, then I call the police and tell them I
saw a burglar, even when I know there isn't one. Hopefully the police
bash a clue into the heads of the morons with alarms.

Make sure it's fed with a clean nappy before you go to bed, then
it can survive for 8 hours without ****ing moaning!

well no one likes being woken up do they.

No, which is why mothers with the baby in their own room are nuts.

Some people have the ability to care more about others than themselves.

the baby doesn't need 24/7 attention. And giving it 24/7 attention
turns it into a useless wimp that cannot take care of itself.

It's not about 24/7 attention. Babies need to be in a safe place and
the carer must be able to recognise quickly if there is a problem.

They don't need cotton wool. They're humans, not plants.

And when something goes wrong? Our middle son was gripey at 5 weeks old.
Luckily we were keeping an eye on him, because he stopped breathing.
Only a prod required and he started again, but kept stopping. We rushed
him to hospital where they started giving him anti-virals and
anti-biotics while they investigated. After a week he was okay, but it
took another 2 weeks to find out that he had had viral encephalitis. He
was lucky to survive.

SteveW