Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default crying

On Monday, 24 July 2017 20:12:58 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 12:27:42 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 23:27:05 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 06 Jul 2017 12:05:28 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 6 July 2017 00:22:59 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 05 Jul 2017 10:26:59 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 4 July 2017 21:49:30 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 04 Jul 2017 17:02:21 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 3 July 2017 15:14:03 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 11:02:39 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 17:04:28 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 16:49:32 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 16:14:52 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:47:44 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 12:57:54 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:52:13 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 26 June 2017 17:33:48 UTC+1, Mark wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:19:49 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"

Tell me you don't have any kids - you are utterly unsuitable to be a
parent.

He can't even look after himself, he has problems dressing and walking when wearing shoes

Clumsiness is present in most people.

Not quite to the extent you seem to suffer from it.

You have no data on how often I do these things.

I know but for you to complain about it I doubt it's a once or twice a year otherwise you wouldnlt have mentioned such a thing.

Probably once a week or so, like everyone else.

Maybe you should talk to more people I doubt many here have the problem of hitting their head on door frame even once a year would be a lot for most people.

Who wears shoes on their head?

Not many, why, are you looking for some sort of support group ?

You seem to be confused about two seperate things.

Yes yuo seem to have problems with shoes and banging your head maybe they are linked but few wear shoes on their head so it must be at leastv two seperate problems you have.

It's called clumsiness, most people have it.

You seem to have more than your fair share though.
I had a flatmate that seemed accident prone, but that was down to the stupid things she did.

I'd say a good proportion of the population are accident prone. Probably at least 20%. There would be less as they'd die out, but we have all this ****ing health and softy legislation which means they can breed.

Such as putting up signs telling of low doors or cossing indicators have they done you any good ?

No, because there are so many signs they are all ignored.

Is that why you bang your head because yuo ignore ther warning signs ?
Have you considered learning to read and being able to understand what the words mean. ?
If you ignore warning signs you get what you deserve, unless of course they aren't in the langauge you understand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia
Temperature classification

Core (rectal, esophageal, etc.)
Hypothermia 35.0 °C (95.0 °F)[38]
Normal 36.5€“37.5 °C (97.7€“99.5 °F)[39]
Fever 37.5 or 38.3 °C (99.5 or 100.9 °F)[6][7]
Hyperthermia 37.5 or 38.3 °C (99.5 or 100.9 °F)[6][7]
Hyperpyrexia 40.0 or 41.0 °C (104.0 or 105.8 °F)[40][41]
Note: The difference between fever and hyperthermia is the underlying mechanism. Different sources have different cut-offs for fever, hyperthermia and hyperpyrexia.

The above is bull****.

And yuo're the expert. LOL.

I've disproved the ice water figures myself by a factor of eight.

How ?

Hypothermia should mean a dangerous temperature whee you could die.

No the word has a specific meaning, just because yuo don;t understand doesn't make it wrong.

It's made of hypo and thermia. So it can only mean "not enough warmth".

What makes you think there's not enough warmth ?

Hypo in this context actaully means "beneath or below"

and thermia means of heat.

So it;s basicaly below heat.
Now we know your problems you have with hieghts so it's no suprise you're having problems with the idea of tempratures too.

Oh and I was in hospital once for a broken bone

and how did yuo manage that I;ve never had a broken bone, did you headbutt the door again ?

First time, 13 years old, riding trolleys down a steep hill into a low stone wall I didn't see hidden in a bush. Broke both bones in my forearm, and the trolley. I have a scar where they had to open my arm to untangle the bloodvessels.

Sounds quite nasty, I don;t think I've ever had the urge to jump in a trolly and ride down a steep hill.

Second time, 19 years old, collided with a stupid ****wit pedestrian who crossed the road in front of me when I was cycling downhill. He admitted he "only listens for cars, and didn't think to look".

Well pedestrians do have right of way on the road and cyclists should be watching where they are going, I guess you're lucky it wasn't a car.

Broke my collarbone when I fell off the bike and my rucksack wrenched it. My right shoulder is now an inch or two shorter than my left.

Nasty , I'm glad I've managed to avoid such things.

Third time, 30 years old, lost my temper with my pet parrot who wouldn't keep quiet, and decided to punch something that wasn't expensive or fragile (i.e. not the parrot). I punched my computer chair downwards, expecting the spring to take the shock. I caught it at a slight angle and the spring did no such thing. Broke my 5th metatarsal (the bone leading to the little finger, inside the main part of the hand). Still got a slight lump in the middle of the bone.

Ah parrot rage, not heard of that before.

and my temperature was taken. It was 38C.

Arse, ear or mouth or don't you know the differnce ?

Mouth I believe. Dunno how it works, I've tried it myself and always got 30C. I put it under my tongue, I must be doing something wrong though.

Strange that, but I've never tried it myself, I tried once with one of those laser thermometers from maplin I got about 36C but wasn't expecting it to be accurate.
The results you're getting suggest yuo are perhaps sub-human temerature wise.
Have yuo ever worked on Dr Who as an ice warrior ;-)

You're body decides to sweat or shiver not you.

I never said otherwise. What I said was your body doesn't even react in the first 1C. Well it probably makes minor adjustments you don't notice, like bloodflow to the skin, and the use of brown fat cells.

Yes and understanding why it does this while not important does make a point.