Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default £2200 for fastening 10 bolts

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 18:13:39 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I have had ONE interview and that is all it took.

Have you definitely got it then? If so congratulations.

In the interview, she thought I was a bit of a bighead since I knew everything as I was just going for a lab rat job and she manages two labs, but after I told her my suicide story, she started crying and saying "poor thing". She said that she will see me soon - you have to know women and I live with 3 of them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2016 19:05, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 17 November 2016 18:13:39 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I have had ONE interview and that is all it took.

Have you definitely got it then? If so congratulations.

In the interview, she thought I was a bit of a bighead since I knew everything as I was just going for a lab rat job and she manages two labs, but after I told her my suicide story, she started crying and saying "poor thing". She said that she will see me soon - you have to know women and I live with 3 of them.

So you haven't yet had confirmation that you've got the job?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 19:12:41 UTC, Bod wrote:

So you haven't yet had confirmation that you've got the job?

I haven't been outside to see if the Sun has set either.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bod" wrote in message
On 17/11/2016 19:05, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 17 November 2016 18:13:39 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I have had ONE interview and that is all it took.

Have you definitely got it then? If so congratulations.

In the interview, she thought I was a bit of a bighead since I knew
everything as I was just going for a lab rat job and she manages two
labs, but after I told her my suicide story, she started crying and
saying "poor thing". She said that she will see me soon - you have to
know women and I live with 3 of them.

So you haven't yet had confirmation that you've got the job?

If they advertised for a dickhead he'll prolly get it.
I can think of only 2 other possibles.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 19:05:04 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 18:13:39 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I have had ONE interview and that is all it took.

Have you definitely got it then? If so congratulations.

In the interview, she thought I was a bit of a bighead since I knew everything as I was just going for a lab rat job and she manages two labs, but after I told her my suicide story, she started crying and saying "poor thing". She said that she will see me soon - you have to know women and I live with 3 of them.

That might work or it might not. She may not want someone suicidal.

--
A scientist from Texas A&M University has invented a bra that keeps women's breasts from jiggling and prevents the nipples from pushing through the fabric when cold weather sets in.
At a news conference announcing the invention, the scientist was taken outside by a group of cowboys, who then proceeded to kick the **** out of him.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 21:34:07 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Wednesday, 16 November 2016 20:38:40 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

BP shares 7.7% - Sainsbury's Loan 4.0%

Shares are not guaranteed. Especially with the state oil is in now.

Oil is a finite resource - money can be printed.

I have a friend who works in BP. I know all about the problems. And not due to oil shortages, but cheaper foreign oil.

--
The squaw on the hippopotamus is equal to the sons of the squaws on the other two hides!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 19:57:11 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 19:05:04 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 18:13:39 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I have had ONE interview and that is all it took.

Have you definitely got it then? If so congratulations.

In the interview, she thought I was a bit of a bighead since I knew everything as I was just going for a lab rat job and she manages two labs, but after I told her my suicide story, she started crying and saying "poor thing". She said that she will see me soon - you have to know women and I live with 3 of them.

That might work or it might not. She may not want someone suicidal.

Might save on redundancy money.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/11/2016 21:06, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 11 November 2016 20:53:28 UTC, GB wrote:
On 11/11/2016 18:23, Simon Mason wrote:

I have decided that after I get a new job, I will take out a £30000 loan at 3% and buy this for cash.

http://bit.ly/2eoO4YH

"The most beautiful car made this year is the Alfa Romeo Giulia
according to a German motoring award ceremony."

I haven't seen the opposition, but I find that choice really surprising.
Nice red colour, though.

I will be getting a black one - red attracts too many nutters.

That's the air-con pump ****ed then too, along with almost
everything else ..... oh, good job the sun doesn't shine in Hull.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/11/2016 09:05, Simon Mason wrote:
On Monday, 14 November 2016 08:58:35 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
cars can be cheep if you don't buy new.....

I bought a 156 new for £17000, got 130000 miles out of it in 11 years at a cost of £1545 pa.

I bought a 4-yo Astra F 1.6 petrol estate in 2003 with 40K miles.
Paid £5000 and sold it for £150 with a new MOT Oct 2015 with 84K
miles covered.

All I had to replace in 13 years were the rear shockers (my fault
for not keeping the air suspension pressurised), a broken
front spring in June 2015, two front tyres, one battery and
normal servicing. The cheapo new tyres that were fitted in
2003 still had 6 mm of tread on the rears after 13 years.

Got 40 mpg on a run, and it never ever broke down.
Carted loads and loads of paving stones, cement, ballast,
bricks and other DIY stuff in those 13 years.

If I had a car that cost me £1500 in one year it would get shot
of it, quick.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 20:29:24 UTC, Andrew wrote:

I will be getting a black one - red attracts too many nutters.

That's the air-con pump ****ed then too, along with almost
everything else ..... oh, good job the sun doesn't shine in Hull.

It is Lancs that gets all the rain, by the time they get ****ed on and it crosses the Pennines into God's own, it's a sunny day.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2016 04:29, Simon Mason wrote:
On Tuesday, 15 November 2016 23:58:22 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

I did it myself when building the house. I was achieving a much better
earning rate on my money in the mining boom here than I was paying
for the loan, so it would have been stupid not to have the loan instead
of spending that money on the materials for the house.

BP shares 7.7% - Sainsbury's Loan 4.0%

BP shares £5 October 2016, £4.36 Nov 8th 2016.
BP shares £6.22 March 2010, £3.00 July 2010.

I you must buy oily shares, do it through a
collective investment. Plenty of UK dividend
funds and trusts available.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 04:29:01 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

BP shares 7.7% - Sainsbury's Loan 4.0%

Shares are not guaranteed. Especially with the state oil is in now.

Strong dollar = weak commodities (+oil)
Weak dollar = strong commodities (+oil).

A shale field has been located in Texas with 60 Billion barrels
accessible, plus a vast amount of gas. The USA is not going to be
a major importer any time soon. (=low oil price).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/11/2016 19:39, Simon Mason wrote:

I am going to use the 159 for my new job to pay in cash for the £33000 Giulia which Our Lass will

swan around in all day long making the local golf widows green with envy.

They all have poxy Audis, Jags, Range Rovers and X5s - common as muck.

In Hull ???????
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 20:47:52 -0000, Andrew wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 04:29:01 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

BP shares 7.7% - Sainsbury's Loan 4.0%

Shares are not guaranteed. Especially with the state oil is in now.

Strong dollar = weak commodities (+oil)
Weak dollar = strong commodities (+oil).

A shale field has been located in Texas with 60 Billion barrels
accessible, plus a vast amount of gas. The USA is not going to be
a major importer any time soon. (=low oil price).

So bad for BRITISH petroleum.

--
I limit my Political Correctness to voting.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/2016 07:03, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Tim+
escribió:

Fiat = Fix It Again Tomorrow. ;-)

Ford = Found on Road Dead
Fix or Repair Daily

Lotus = Lots of trouble, usually serious.

How do you double the value of a Skoda ?
(fill up the tank).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 15:31:28 -0000, dennis@home wrote:

On 11/11/2016 07:21, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 11 November 2016 06:17:29 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

What is the point of insuring it at all if you arent going to claim
on the insurance ?

I did have one insurance claim on me from the guy whose car mine
rolled backwards into when I jumped off the bridge, but as I had
protected NCB, my premiums weren't affected.

I got the claim form in the HDU.

I had mine repaired at the same time as when our lass pranged it in a
car park at my own £1500 expense.

You did remember to report it to the insurance as you are required to?

If it's not an insurance CLAIM, then it's nothing to do with them. It does not increase your risk to them if you have accidents you pay for yourself. Are you really that thick?

--
Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when asking where the bathroom is?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 08:00:14 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, 11 November 2016 07:27:29 UTC, Halmyre wrote:

Bloody hell. I had two 156s and much as I loved them, there's no way I would have persevered in the face of that barrage of expense.

My ex-workmate shelled out £2000 for new injectors for his diesel Peugeot.

WTF? I replaced the injectors on a Mondeo for a fraction of that.

--
Imagine you are a child in your mother's womb, can you detect light?
Only during ballet practice.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2016 20:21, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 17 November 2016 19:57:11 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 19:05:04 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 18:13:39 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I have had ONE interview and that is all it took.

Have you definitely got it then? If so congratulations.

In the interview, she thought I was a bit of a bighead since I knew everything as I was just going

for a lab rat job and she manages two labs, but after I told her my
suicide story, she started crying
and saying "poor thing". She said that she will see me soon - you have
to know women and
I live with 3 of them.

That might work or it might not. She may not want someone suicidal.

Might save on redundancy money.

Or cost them a fortune in sick pay and 'compensation'.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 09:08:36 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, 11 November 2016 09:04:51 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Friday, 11 November 2016 08:21:56 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
Halmyre wrote

Bloody hell. I had two 156s and much as I loved them, there's no
way I would have persevered in the face of that barrage of expense.

My ex-workmate shelled out £2000 for new injectors for his diesel
Peugeot.

You've ****ed 10 times as much as that against the wall on yours.

Talking of which, 5 pints of beer a night at £3 a pint for the same
period, 2011-2016, is £27375 --- more than a new 159.

Only a fool pays anything like that for a pint of beer and only
a fool pours 5 pints a night down their throat every night too.

Yes - it has trashed my liver after 40 years of abuse.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Crh5qd0WEAAbtVM.jpg

You have to get blind drunk every day to **** your body.

--
Aristotle believed wind direction determined whether a baby would be a boy or a girl.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

Fiat = Fix It Again Tomorrow. ;-)

Ford = Found on Road Dead
Fix or Repair Daily

Lotus = Lots of trouble, usually serious.

How do you double the value of a Skoda ?
(fill up the tank).

Put a VW badge on it, which is what they should do at manufacture.

--
Does a pope **** in the woods? And if a pope ****s in the woods and no-one is around, does he pebbledash?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/11/2016 22:49, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 10 November 2016 22:21:39 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Corse it mad no sense to be buying something that
would need all those expensive repairs either.

A few, like the oil feed, were design faults that we ironed out over the last 10 years, or so.

For what you paid you could have had a Grandeur, and
still saved heaps and had no repairs at all in the 12 years
except the car crash which presumably the insurance paid for.

No - I paid it to keep my 40 yrs no claims bonus.

If you check the way insurance companies generate quotes,
the maximum discount occurs after 10 years NCD, and then
quotations seem to increase.

No company gives any more than the maximum NCD.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 20:21:10 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 19:57:11 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 19:05:04 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 18:13:39 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I have had ONE interview and that is all it took.

Have you definitely got it then? If so congratulations.

In the interview, she thought I was a bit of a bighead since I knew everything as I was just going for a lab rat job and she manages two labs, but after I told her my suicide story, she started crying and saying "poor thing". She said that she will see me soon - you have to know women and I live with 3 of them.

That might work or it might not. She may not want someone suicidal.

Might save on redundancy money.

Eh?

--
In a recent survey 40% found they didn't have time to answer the
question, 25% hung up the phone when the question was being
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 20:45:11 UTC, Andrew wrote:
On 16/11/2016 04:29, Simon Mason wrote:
On Tuesday, 15 November 2016 23:58:22 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

I did it myself when building the house. I was achieving a much better
earning rate on my money in the mining boom here than I was paying
for the loan, so it would have been stupid not to have the loan instead
of spending that money on the materials for the house.

BP shares 7.7% - Sainsbury's Loan 4.0%

BP shares £5 October 2016, £4.36 Nov 8th 2016.
BP shares £6.22 March 2010, £3.00 July 2010.

Sold all mine for £6.22 on 21APR10 and bought them all back for £2-96.

This year was good as well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw93BnwW8AA_dbY.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Why the **** would they charge more for 40 years than 10 years? It remains precisely the same.

--
On a Continental Flight with a very "senior" flight attendant crew, the pilot said,
"Ladies and gentlemen, we've reached cruising altitude and will be turning down the cabin lights.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 20:49:52 UTC, Andrew wrote:
On 12/11/2016 19:39, Simon Mason wrote:

I am going to use the 159 for my new job to pay in cash for the £33000 Giulia which Our Lass will

swan around in all day long making the local golf widows green with envy.

They all have poxy Audis, Jags, Range Rovers and X5s - common as muck.

In Hull ???????

Near Hull, but Swanland is not the City of Culture 2017, sadly.

http://bit.ly/2g0uXlq

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 20:54:28 UTC, Andrew wrote:

Might save on redundancy money.

Or cost them a fortune in sick pay and 'compensation'.

Good point - during my year on sick, BP paid me £33500 net in sick pay..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 21:14:44 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 20:45:11 UTC, Andrew wrote:
On 16/11/2016 04:29, Simon Mason wrote:
On Tuesday, 15 November 2016 23:58:22 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

I did it myself when building the house. I was achieving a much better
earning rate on my money in the mining boom here than I was paying
for the loan, so it would have been stupid not to have the loan instead
of spending that money on the materials for the house.

BP shares 7.7% - Sainsbury's Loan 4.0%

BP shares £5 October 2016, £4.36 Nov 8th 2016.
BP shares £6.22 March 2010, £3.00 July 2010.

Sold all mine for £6.22 on 21APR10 and bought them all back for £2-96.

Lucky you.

This year was good as well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw93BnwW8AA_dbY.jpg

--
We've come so far that community service is considered punishment.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 21:27:32 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 20:54:28 UTC, Andrew wrote:

Might save on redundancy money.

Or cost them a fortune in sick pay and 'compensation'.

Good point - during my year on sick, BP paid me £33500 net in sick pay.

Ridiculous, as they didn't cause the problem.

--
It's strange, isn't it? You stand in the middle of a library and go "Aaaaaaagghhhh!!!!" and everyone just stares at you. But you do the same thing on an aeroplane, and everyone joins in.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 21:46:28 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Sold all mine for £6.22 on 21APR10 and bought them all back for £2-96.

Lucky you.

Not luck, just common sense.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 22:11:39 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 21:46:28 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Sold all mine for £6.22 on 21APR10 and bought them all back for £2-96.

Lucky you.

Not luck, just common sense.

You can predict share prices? If so you don't need a job.

--
Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the creator of human intelligence.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 19:18:44 -0000, "bm" wrote:

In the interview, she thought I was a bit of a bighead since I knew
everything as I was just going for a lab rat job and she manages two
labs, but after I told her my suicide story, she started crying and
saying "poor thing".

If they advertised for a dickhead he'll prolly get it.
I can think of only 2 other possibles.

One of which was he misheard the job description,
One of the Labs is Black the other Chocolate and he was being
interviewed for a job as a dog walker.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2016 22:11, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 17 November 2016 21:46:28 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Sold all mine for £6.22 on 21APR10 and bought them all back for £2-96.

Lucky you.

Not luck, just common sense.

Common sense my arse. *NO ONE* could have predicted the MAcondo blowout
and as a private share holder your attempts at selling BP shares
in the days after the disaster would have been thwarted by all the
High frequency trading systems. Selling at £6.22 was pure luck.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

Fiat = Fix It Again Tomorrow. ;-)

Ford = Found on Road Dead
Fix or Repair Daily

Lotus = Lots of trouble, usually serious.

How do you double the value of a Skoda ?
(fill up the tank).

Put a VW badge on it, which is what they should do at manufacture.

I was thinking of the rear-engined skodas that were on sale in the West
before the iron curtain came down.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 10/11/2016 22:49, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 10 November 2016 22:21:39 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Corse it mad no sense to be buying something that
would need all those expensive repairs either.

A few, like the oil feed, were design faults that we ironed out over
the last 10 years, or so.

For what you paid you could have had a Grandeur, and
still saved heaps and had no repairs at all in the 12 years
except the car crash which presumably the insurance paid for.

No - I paid it to keep my 40 yrs no claims bonus.

If you check the way insurance companies generate quotes,
the maximum discount occurs after 10 years NCD, and then
quotations seem to increase.

No company gives any more than the maximum NCD.

Why the **** would they charge more for 40 years than 10 years? It
remains precisely the same.

AGE !!. And I have an AA renewal quote which actually shows how
the NCD discount is reduced from 10 years NCD onwards. Not a lot,
but for some reason it is progressively reduced.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 09:08:36 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

Yes - it has trashed my liver after 40 years of abuse.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Crh5qd0WEAAbtVM.jpg

You have to get blind drunk every day to **** your body.

nope. Just 2 or 3 pints a day, or a bottle of wine a day and *some*
people develop irreversible liver damage.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 23:06:06 -0000, Andrew wrote:

On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 09:08:36 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

Yes - it has trashed my liver after 40 years of abuse.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Crh5qd0WEAAbtVM.jpg

You have to get blind drunk every day to **** your body.

nope. Just 2 or 3 pints a day, or a bottle of wine a day and *some*
people develop irreversible liver damage.

Some.

--
Aisle oven ice bitters are chasm!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Until you're 70, you don't get stupider.

--
He'll be coming in her crevice when he comes,
he'll be coming in her crevice when he comes,
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 22:16:30 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 22:11:39 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 21:46:28 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Sold all mine for £6.22 on 21APR10 and bought them all back for £2-96.

Lucky you.

Not luck, just common sense.

You can predict share prices? If so you don't need a job.

I want a job where I mix with real people, keep my body and mind active and earn real cash, not shoving imaginary money around on a computer screen.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 06:55:34 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 22:16:30 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 22:11:39 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 21:46:28 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Sold all mine for £6.22 on 21APR10 and bought them all back for £2-96.

Lucky you.

Not luck, just common sense.

You can predict share prices? If so you don't need a job.

I want a job where I mix with real people, keep my body and mind active and earn real cash, not shoving imaginary money around on a computer screen.

You surprise me, you seem to have enough hobbies to fill your time without having to work.

--
Peter is listening to "Motley Crue - Chicks = Trouble"