frontline@nospam

Default SAE 2200 amplifier transistor sub?

Toshiba S1375 and S1376 used in this 1979 SAE 2200 amp do not seem to
be around anymore, anyone know some good subs for them?
Thanks, Jeff

kip

NTE210 and NTE211

kip
"frontline@nospam" wrote in message
oups.com...
Toshiba S1375 and S1376 used in this 1979 SAE 2200 amp do not seem to
be around anymore, anyone know some good subs for them?
Thanks, Jeff

frontline@nospam

General subs and not available in matched pairs, thanks but thats not
the type of "sub" I am looking for, as of now all the info I have on
these parts is NPN/PNP and voltage and the gain group marks on the
parts but without datasheets I can not cross them to "good subs".
One other note on this amp, 50% of the caps on the driver board were
bad in both channels one was blown one was still working.
Maybe I should ask if anyone has datasheets on these S1375 and S1376
Toshiba transistors?
Thanks Kip,
Jeff

frontline@nospam

I have used ECG and others in the past and most of the time they work
but when they do not you can waste a lot of time finding out why.
Mostly this is an audio amp using matched NPN and PNP circuits the
closer I follow that the longer the amp will last and with smaller DC
offset, this amp only has bias adj. and I am only repairing one channel
at present so also going for as close to that as possiable and I do not
stock many general replacement types and do stock many japanise,
american and european transistors in matched pairs for this reason.
Actually I would have ordered the NTE if they had matched pairs "MCP"
after the number.
Jeff

tlw

Jeff,
I still have a copy of a service bulletin I received from SAE years ago
concerning these transistors. The S1375 subs to 2SC1913 and the S1376 to
2SA913. NOTE-the lead configuration is different!!! Hope this helps.
tlw

"frontline@nospam" wrote in message
oups.com...
Toshiba S1375 and S1376 used in this 1979 SAE 2200 amp do not seem to
be around anymore, anyone know some good subs for them?
Thanks, Jeff

frontline@nospam

That helps a lot!
Thanks Tlw.