Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default £2200 for fastening 10 bolts

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 11/11/2016 18:23, Simon Mason wrote:

I have decided that after I get a new job, I will take out a £30000 loan
at 3% and buy this for cash.

http://bit.ly/2eoO4YH

"The most beautiful car made this year is the Alfa Romeo Giulia according
to a German motoring award ceremony."

I haven't seen the opposition, but I find that choice really surprising.
Nice red colour, though.

Until it fades like their stupid badges do.

Those clowns can't even manage to produce a badge that doesnt fade.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Friday, 11 November 2016 20:53:28 UTC, GB wrote:
On 11/11/2016 18:23, Simon Mason wrote:

I have decided that after I get a new job, I will take out a £30000
loan at 3% and buy this for cash.

http://bit.ly/2eoO4YH

"The most beautiful car made this year is the Alfa Romeo Giulia
according to a German motoring award ceremony."

I haven't seen the opposition, but I find that choice really surprising.
Nice red colour, though.

I will be getting a black one

More fool you. Bright yellow is much easier to find in the carpark.

- red attracts too many nutters.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
On 11/11/2016 03:01, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo . com,
dennis@home.? escribió:

Your car is what's known as a lemon.

It's an Alfa.

Could be worse.

FIAT.

Friday morning was the 4th time in the last twelve months I have had the
AA out to sort out my works van. And on Friday afternoon they towed back
the replacement FIAT van.

Fiat = Fix It Again Tomorrow. ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Simon Mason wrote
ARW wrote
Mike Tomlinson wrote
dennis@home.? wrote

Your car is what's known as a lemon.

It's an Alfa.

Could be worse.

FIAT.

Friday morning was the 4th time in the last twelve months
I have had the AA out to sort out my works van. And on
Friday afternoon they towed back the replacement FIAT van.

I have booked an appointment at Mangoletsi
with a view to buy one of these new.

http://www.mangoletsi.com/alfa-romeo...-romeo-giulia/

Must be ****ing insane after the financial
disaster the current one turned out to be.

I am going to use the 159 for my new
job to pay in cash for the £33000 Giulia

More fool you.

which Our Lass will swan around in all day long
making the local golf widows green with envy.

Anyone who knows anything about cars will be pointing
and laughing at how stupid you were to buy it.

They all have poxy Audis, Jags, Range
Rovers and X5s - common as muck.

But nothing like as much of a rat hole for your money.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Tim+
escribió:

Fiat = Fix It Again Tomorrow. ;-)

Ford = Found on Road Dead
Fix or Repair Daily

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 12 November 2016 19:45:36 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote

I have decided that after I get a new job, I will take
out a £30000 loan at 3% and buy this for cash.

http://bit.ly/2eoO4YH

Just another rat hole to pour your money down, you watch.

I have an appointment at 1320h 19NOV16 here.

http://www.mangoletsi.com/alfa-romeo...rs/alfagiulia/

I will order the 2.0 petrol turbo in Vulcano black for 1MAR17 delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqr0CBSz4Lk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Saturday, 12 November 2016 19:45:36 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote

I have decided that after I get a new job, I will take
out a £30000 loan at 3% and buy this for cash.

http://bit.ly/2eoO4YH

Just another rat hole to pour your money down, you watch.

I have an appointment at 1320h 19NOV16 here.

http://www.mangoletsi.com/alfa-romeo...rs/alfagiulia/

I will order the 2.0 petrol turbo in Vulcano black for 1MAR17 delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqr0CBSz4Lk

And will pour even more money down that rat hole.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 19:02:08 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Saturday, 12 November 2016 19:45:36 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote

I have decided that after I get a new job, I will take
out a £30000 loan at 3% and buy this for cash.

http://bit.ly/2eoO4YH

Just another rat hole to pour your money down, you watch.

I have an appointment at 1320h 19NOV16 here.

http://www.mangoletsi.com/alfa-romeo...rs/alfagiulia/

I will order the 2.0 petrol turbo in Vulcano black for 1MAR17 delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqr0CBSz4Lk

And will pour even more money down that rat hole.

No - it will not cost me a penny as I am going to use the 159 to commute to my new £25000 job and leave the Giulia at home under a car cover.

It will literally be as good as new forever - well, until I die in 2045, obviously.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Sunday, 13 November 2016 19:02:08 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Saturday, 12 November 2016 19:45:36 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote

I have decided that after I get a new job, I will take
out a £30000 loan at 3% and buy this for cash.

http://bit.ly/2eoO4YH

Just another rat hole to pour your money down, you watch.

I have an appointment at 1320h 19NOV16 here.

http://www.mangoletsi.com/alfa-romeo...rs/alfagiulia/

I will order the 2.0 petrol turbo in Vulcano black for 1MAR17 delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqr0CBSz4Lk

And will pour even more money down that rat hole.

No - it will not cost me a penny

Bet it costs you tens of thousands, just like the 159
did, unless you are actually stupid enough to not
pay for the electricity you have used and they grab
it and sell it to pay for the electricity you have used.

as I am going to use the 159 to commute to my new £25000
job and leave the Giulia at home under a car cover.

Stupid to be paying £30000 + interest for a blob
under a car cover that just blocks the driveway.

It will literally be as good as new forever

Not a chance given that its ****ed by design, just like the 159 was.

- well, until I die in 2045, obviously.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 20:21:16 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Stupid to be paying £30000 + interest for a blob
under a car cover that just blocks the driveway.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ears-road.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Stupid to be paying £30000 + interest for a blob
under a car cover that just blocks the driveway.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ears-road.html

Just as true of the steaming turd with wheels you are
about to **** £30000 + interest against the wall on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Sunday, 13 November 2016 20:21:16 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Stupid to be paying £30000 + interest for a blob
under a car cover that just blocks the driveway.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ears-road.html

that is a good thing.....I bought a three year old dacia duster which had
dropped from £10000 to £5000 private sale 14000 miles.......and after
stopping the water coming into the cabin is not too bad a car ....... and
the '98 £4000 merc I bought has just expired after 10 years with me at not
much cost....cars can be cheep if you don't buy new.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 14 November 2016 08:58:35 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
cars can be cheep if you don't buy new.....

I bought a 156 new for £17000, got 130000 miles out of it in 11 years at a cost of £1545 pa.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Monday, 14 November 2016 08:58:35 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
cars can be cheep if you don't buy new.....

I bought a 156 new for £17000, got 130000 miles out of it in 11 years at a
cost of £1545 pa.

my merc cost £400 per year over 10 years .....but that was
secondhand.....and I got £250 for it when it rusted through

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote

cars can be cheep if you don't buy new.....

I bought a 156 new for £17000,

And then ****ed more than £17000 against the wall on it.

got 130000 miles out of it in 11 years at a cost of £1545 pa.

And if you hadn't actually been stupid enough to buy
that steaming turd on wheels, it would have most you
much less than that, for just petrol and tires etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Simon Mason wrote
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote

cars can be cheep if you don't buy new.....

I bought a 156 new for £17000,

And then ****ed more than £17000 against the wall on it.

got 130000 miles out of it in 11 years at a cost of £1545 pa.

And if you hadn't actually been stupid enough to buy
that steaming turd on wheels, it would have most you
much less than that, for just petrol and tires etc.

I'm amazed it lasted that long....rust on wheels

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 22:15:47 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 20:21:16 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Stupid to be paying £30000 + interest for a blob
under a car cover that just blocks the driveway.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ears-road.html

So many stupid people....

--
Heard on a public transportation vehicle while in Orlando:
"When you exit this vehicle, please be sure to lower your head and watch your step."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 14 November 2016 17:24:18 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 22:15:47 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 20:21:16 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Stupid to be paying £30000 + interest for a blob
under a car cover that just blocks the driveway.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ears-road.html

So many stupid people....

Exactly - so the moron that said I should bin a £25000 car for the sake of a £2000 subframe because I'd be better off buying a £15000 Fiesta really is stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 17:36:07 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Monday, 14 November 2016 17:24:18 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 22:15:47 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 20:21:16 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Stupid to be paying £30000 + interest for a blob
under a car cover that just blocks the driveway.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ears-road.html

So many stupid people....

Exactly - so the moron that said I should bin a £25000 car for the sake of a £2000 subframe because I'd be better off buying a £15000 Fiesta really is stupid.

You'd be best off buying a 4 year old non-Alfa.

--
A waiter brings the customer the steak he ordered with his thumb over the meat.
"Are you crazy?" yelled the customer, "with your hand on my steak?"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote:
Should have DIY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwSqDjXUAA8rwH.jpg

Are you Baroness Scotland?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 18:23:03 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

A Corsa is unsuitable for anyone taller than 5 ft.

I have decided that after I get a new job, I will take out a £30000 loan at 3% and buy this for cash.

http://bit.ly/2eoO4YH

The loan will cost me £900 pm and as my disposable income will be £2200 pm it's very doable. The other £46000 will buy me a £32000 motorhome after I pay off my £14000 on 0% cards before 2020.

Someone with a decent amount of money like yourself should never ever take out a loan.

--
What would happen if you cut off your left side?
You would be all right.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
wrote:

A Corsa is unsuitable for anyone taller than 5 ft.

I have decided that after I get a new job, I will take out a £30000 loan
at 3% and buy this for cash.

http://bit.ly/2eoO4YH

The loan will cost me £900 pm and as my disposable income will be £2200
pm it's very doable. The other £46000 will buy me a £32000 motorhome
after I pay off my £14000 on 0% cards before 2020.

Someone with a decent amount of money like yourself should never ever take
out a loan.

I did it myself when building the house. I was achieving a much better
earning rate on my money in the mining boom here than I was paying
for the loan, so it would have been stupid not to have the loan instead
of spending that money on the materials for the house.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

A Corsa is unsuitable for anyone taller than 5 ft.

I have decided that after I get a new job, I will take out a £30000 loan
at 3% and buy this for cash.

http://bit.ly/2eoO4YH

The loan will cost me £900 pm and as my disposable income will be £2200
pm it's very doable. The other £46000 will buy me a £32000 motorhome
after I pay off my £14000 on 0% cards before 2020.

Someone with a decent amount of money like yourself should never ever take
out a loan.

I did it myself when building the house. I was achieving a much better
earning rate on my money in the mining boom here than I was paying
for the loan, so it would have been stupid not to have the loan instead
of spending that money on the materials for the house.

BP shares 7.7% - Sainsbury's Loan 4.0%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

A Corsa is unsuitable for anyone taller than 5 ft.

I have decided that after I get a new job, I will take out a £30000 loan
at 3% and buy this for cash.

http://bit.ly/2eoO4YH

The loan will cost me £900 pm and as my disposable income will be £2200
pm it's very doable. The other £46000 will buy me a £32000 motorhome
after I pay off my £14000 on 0% cards before 2020.

Someone with a decent amount of money like yourself should never ever take
out a loan.

I did it myself when building the house. I was achieving a much better
earning rate on my money in the mining boom here than I was paying
for the loan, so it would have been stupid not to have the loan instead
of spending that money on the materials for the house.

BP shares 7.7% - Sainsbury's Loan 4.0%

Shares are not guaranteed. Especially with the state oil is in now.

--
A woman walks into a drugstore and asks the pharmacist if he sells size extra large condoms.
He replies, "Yes we do. Would you like to buy some?"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

A Corsa is unsuitable for anyone taller than 5 ft.

I have decided that after I get a new job, I will take out a £30000 loan
at 3% and buy this for cash.

http://bit.ly/2eoO4YH

The loan will cost me £900 pm and as my disposable income will be £2200
pm it's very doable. The other £46000 will buy me a £32000 motorhome
after I pay off my £14000 on 0% cards before 2020.

Someone with a decent amount of money like yourself should never ever take
out a loan.

I did it myself when building the house. I was achieving a much better
earning rate on my money in the mining boom here than I was paying
for the loan, so it would have been stupid not to have the loan instead
of spending that money on the materials for the house.

Maybe if you pay it off quick and it saves the bother of moving house later when you can afford it. But not for an Alfa.

--
It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 20:43:13 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 10 November 2016 20:21:48 UTC, dennis@home wrote:

Two power steering pumps and racks £2500
Subframe £2200.
Alternator, water pump and belts £1000
Three camchains £ £2400
Suspension parts, springs, dampers, arms etc £2000
Clutch £1000
Body work after our lass pranged it £1500
Plugs, MAF sensor, crankshaft sensor, radio fitting and light bulbs £600

So around - £13200, which is what I paid for it and new it was £25000, so I have saved £1400 on the new price.

Bloody hell, my car is that old and has had no repairs done.
The only thing it has needed are servicing and some wiper blades.
Your car is what's known as a lemon.

The GM block ALFA used had a too narrow oil drip onto the camchain, meaning it stretched and put the timing out - my man fitted a wider bore and 4 years on, I still have the same chain.

GM can't measure properly, my friend's mother bought a brand new Astra, and the engine seized in 6 months due to the pistons being too wide/narrow. Bonnet rusted too!

Kwikfit bodged a suspension repair which trashed my power steering rack and pump 24 hours before my ferry was due - my man sorted it with 5 hours to spare.

WTF did you use Kwikfit for?

--
Definition of Necrophilia: That Uncontrollable Urge To Crack Open A Cold One.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-11-12, ARW wrote:
On 11/11/2016 03:01, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo . com,
dennis@home.? escribió:

Your car is what's known as a lemon.

It's an Alfa.

Could be worse.

FIAT.

It's all the same company.

Ferrari too? Or is it just everything Italian is rubbish?

--
Risk more than others think is safe.
Care more than others think is wise.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 07:03:35 -0000, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

En el artículo , Tim+
escribió:

Fiat = Fix It Again Tomorrow. ;-)

Ford = Found on Road Dead
Fix or Repair Daily

I've owned a Sierra and a Mondeo, both of which were very reliable.

--
Risk more than others think is safe.
Care more than others think is wise.
Dream more than others think is practical.
Expect more than others think is possible.
-- Claude Bissell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

A Corsa is unsuitable for anyone taller than 5 ft.

I have decided that after I get a new job, I will take out a £30000
loan
at 3% and buy this for cash.

http://bit.ly/2eoO4YH

The loan will cost me £900 pm and as my disposable income will be £2200
pm it's very doable. The other £46000 will buy me a £32000 motorhome
after I pay off my £14000 on 0% cards before 2020.

Someone with a decent amount of money like yourself should never ever
take
out a loan.

I did it myself when building the house. I was achieving a much better
earning rate on my money in the mining boom here than I was paying
for the loan, so it would have been stupid not to have the loan instead
of spending that money on the materials for the house.

Maybe if you pay it off quick

No point in doing that. The land was actually direct from the govt
with the option of paying cash for it or paying it off at a very low
interest rate. I wasn't stupid enough to pay cash for it, I was earning
much more on that cash in the mining boom than I was paying.

In fact that $3650 that the land cost is now worth more than $150K

and it saves the bother of moving house later when you can afford it.

Not clear what this is about ?

But not for an Alfa.

Not for any new car in fact. But that is a separate matter to whether,
once you have decided to buy a new car, whether it can make sense
to borrow that money if you are earning more than you are paying
in interest with interest rates so low.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Tuesday, 15 November 2016 23:58:22 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 18:23:03 -0000, Simon Mason
wrote:

[...]

Shares are not guaranteed.

Irrelevant.

Especially with the state oil is in now.

Doesn't have to be in BP.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home.? escribió:

Your car is what's known as a lemon.

It's an Alfa.

Could be worse.

FIAT.

It's all the same company.

Ferrari too? Or is it just everything Italian is rubbish?

Corse it is. The krauts are the only ones who make european cars worth
buying.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 16 November 2016 20:38:40 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

BP shares 7.7% - Sainsbury's Loan 4.0%

Shares are not guaranteed. Especially with the state oil is in now.

Oil is a finite resource - money can be printed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 16 November 2016 20:40:54 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Kwikfit bodged a suspension repair which trashed my power steering rack and pump 24 hours before my ferry was due - my man sorted it with 5 hours to spare.

WTF did you use Kwikfit for?

I had a £30 off coupon there and the shagged steering rack costs me £900 - a bad deal.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 16 November 2016 21:22:41 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Corse it is. The krauts are the only ones who make european cars worth
buying.

Good - keep on thinking that as it keeps the prices low.

http://bit.ly/2fZQ5bX

July delivery now that I have a new job.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 21:36:05 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Wednesday, 16 November 2016 20:40:54 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Kwikfit bodged a suspension repair which trashed my power steering rack and pump 24 hours before my ferry was due - my man sorted it with 5 hours to spare.

WTF did you use Kwikfit for?

I had a £30 off coupon there and the shagged steering rack costs me £900 - a bad deal.

I went there twice. Once to get brakes fixed (they said they could only do the shoes and nothing more complicated than that), and once to get a battery (which refused to start the car - he measured it and it had zero volts off the shelf. I bought one elsewhere).

--
What do you call an aerobics instructor who doesn't cause pain & agony?
Unemployed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Corse it is. The krauts are the only ones
who make european cars worth buying.

Good - keep on thinking that

Knowing that, actually.

And Korea leaves them for dead quality wise.

as it keeps the prices low.

http://bit.ly/2fZQ5bX

Just another steaming turd with wheels.

July delivery now that I have a new job.

Just in time for the debt collectors to grab it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 21:41:29 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Wednesday, 16 November 2016 21:22:41 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Corse it is. The krauts are the only ones who make european cars worth
buying.

Good - keep on thinking that as it keeps the prices low.

http://bit.ly/2fZQ5bX

Such a fast car for such a slow driver.

July delivery now that I have a new job.

You have INTERVIEWS....

--
Once upon a time, a long time ago, there was a land called Britain where sensible folk lived. These people used to laugh at their
American "cousins" for all the petty litigation they pursued in an attempt to get compensation for preceived injuries and
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 16 November 2016 23:38:45 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Good - keep on thinking that as it keeps the prices low.

http://bit.ly/2fZQ5bX

Such a fast car for such a slow driver.

Our lass will be driving it as it has her name on it.

July delivery now that I have a new job.

You have INTERVIEWS....

I have had ONE interview and that is all it took.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 06:13:00 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Wednesday, 16 November 2016 23:38:45 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Good - keep on thinking that as it keeps the prices low.

http://bit.ly/2fZQ5bX

Such a fast car for such a slow driver.

Our lass will be driving it as it has her name on it.

Does she drive more sensibly (fast) than you?

July delivery now that I have a new job.

You have INTERVIEWS....

I have had ONE interview and that is all it took.

Have you definitely got it then? If so congratulations.

--
Having swallowed the most amount of semen ever officially recorded Michelle Monaghan had 1.7 pints (0.96 liter) of semen pumped out of her stomach in Los Angeles in July 1991.